3901 Tennyson Street
Denver, CO 80212Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.axiosdenver.com/
- Phone: 7203282225
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday : 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Thomas dAquin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Axios
Estiatorio AXIOS is Denver’s newest modern Greek Restaurant located on Tennyson Street in the Denver Highlands, only ten minutes from downtown. AXIOS offers an array of traditional Greek favorites from our family's recipes going back to the Greek Island of Chios. We also offer more progressive Mediterranean dishes, which we have created with strong Greek influences. In addition to the classic meat dishes, we offer many vegetarian and gluten-free options. Estiatorio AXIOS offers a full bar and an extensive wine list focusing strongly on Greek and Italian wines. Happy hour is offered Monday through Friday from 5-6 p.m. where mezze (small plates) are offered at happy hour prices along with discounted drink specials. Come join us for an authentic Greek experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Axios - Best Restaurants in Highlands ›
Axios reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (26)great for brunch (24)romantic (18)good for groups (18)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (12)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great for Restaurant WeekEpepDined on 8/24/2014We came for Denver Restaurant Week and had a great time. The food was delicious and portions were very generous. Our waiter was very helpful and professional, as were all the staff. They have a very nice selection of Greek wines which are not so easy to find, but go perfectly with the food. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RememberingEnjoyDined on 8/21/2014Have been to Axios before when they were serving lunch. Was very impressed then. Thought I would try again. This time the service again was excellent. The wine choice also. The food was very good. The description of the lamb ribs was a little misleading but the dish is worth ordering again. All together a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not real Greek foodgoodeatsDined on 8/9/2014It wants to be fancy Greek Food but it is over thought. If you want spicy Pastitsio with green peppers then you are at the right place. I did expect olive oil on the feta and olives but the orange infusion on the olives was unexpected.Special Features:
- Really great -GracedDined on 8/9/2014We love this place. Wonderful food and fun staff. Save room for desert and try the Torta Kataifi, it's amazing!Special Features:
- love2eatVIPDined on 8/8/2014Everything is perfectly done every time we come in! Well done Axios. We will be back often!Special Features:
- Yum. and LOVE!yummyeaterDined on 8/2/2014We had a great experience. The food was amazing- really unique and not something that you can just whip up in your own kitchen. Our waitress was fabulous- she even brought me two different kinds of feta to sample and explained the difference. Great food, and the service was so good that I asked to speak to the manager. A really great neighborhood find.Special Features:
- Not as good. this time.mangiaVIPDined on 8/2/2014I really like going to the restaurant. But Saturday night was a little off. First we were served the wrong salad which I can see might happen. The menu is in greek and it hard to pronounce some of the words. So, perhaps the waitress could not understand me. We ate it anyway but miss what we wanted. The fish special was not up to par because of a very bland sauce served with the fish. Just an off night but we return again.Special Features:
- Best Greek food EVERNancVIPDined on 7/30/2014Seriously. If you like Greek food, this is THE place to go in Denver. Like moussaka? You will never find any more heavenly than at Axios. Same goes for their arni. And the chef here knows how to make a simple lentil soup or Green salad something really special. In addition to delectable Greek desserts, the flourless chocolate cake is out of this world. You have to try this place...and then you'll be craving for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice brunch optionpastrychef5280Dined on 7/19/2014We had been to Axios before for dinner, but we never thought of it for brunch until we saw a Living Social deal including mimosas, entrees and a pastry to share. We really enjoyed our experience. Our server was quick and efficient but also friendly. Our food was tasty too. I had the fig pancakes, and my fiancé had the omelet with added gyro meat. The only criticism I can share is that one or two of my pancakes were cooked a little too long and were kind of crispy on one side.Special Features:
- AnnieDined on 7/15/2014Our New York City cousins were visiting and we took they to Axios...and we had a great evening. Ann is a professional and very enthusiastic waitperson and all four of us enjoyed our meal....especially the calamari appetizer, and my lamb rib and chicken dish made with deep purple wine (sorry, don't remember the name.) We are going back tonight with our best couple friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply outstandingwhodatDined on 7/5/2014All the dishes being served looked so good but we had a new salad on the menu with arugula and cayenne pepper which was a fantastic start. My wife got Moussaka and I had Lamb Giouvetsi which were both excellent. Wine pairings suggested were spot on and finished with some ouzo - what a great meal! Portions sized for leftovers which was an added bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceKarenDined on 7/5/2014Just yummy! The service is great too. A must try for anyone new.Special Features:
- An up and down experience at AxiosOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I like Axios, and have enjoyed all four or five times we've been, but our recent visit for brunch didn't measure up. The coffee came lukewarm and the cream put in the coffee had curdled. The bowl of soup, which just involves pouring into the bowl and bringing out, took a very long time to come out, and right on its heels came the entrees. Then, the fig pancakes with candied nuts arrived with none of the candied nuts. My wife had to ask about it twice. Finally, the situation was kind of remedied when they were packaged up and put in a carry out box with the dessert we decided to take home with us. I can report that the split pea soup, Greek salad and Greek dessert were fine. Altogether, our most shaky experience at Axios.Special Features:
- Friendly, Wonderful Greek food24brunchDined on 6/26/2014Charming corner view with attentive service and very vibrant menu. Had a lovely time and enjoyed the view of the neighborhood with Greek food both traditional and newer variations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carole HopsonShirahDined on 6/19/2014A real gem for a date, a meal with friends,with good food and wine. The special occasions are a plus. Looking forward to the day when its venue can expand somewhat,so that the occasional Greek music and dance has room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek food loverRogersVIPDined on 6/19/2014It was a special event about santorini wines.we all enjoyed the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Greek food in denverDineorwhineDined on 6/15/2014I am half Greek and love the food at Axios. The flavors are authentic and delicious with a modern take. Truly great. I ordinarily avoid Greek restaurants because the food is never as good as what my grandmother and mother used to make. However, Axios is fantastic. Great service and drinks tooSpecial Features:
- DisgustingNotafoodsnobDined on 6/5/2014Food wasn't fresh, wasn't skillfully prepared, wasn't at the proper temperature and wasn't served by competent people. It was disappointing in every way.
- Great Findluv2eatDined on 5/27/2014Axios is a great little place in the up and coming neighborhood. Had driven past it many times and finally had a birthday dinner there. Wonderful food at good prices. Will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Axios continues to impressTBarnesDined on 5/25/2014We have been eating at Axios since they opened and have always had an excellent experience. Not just the best Greek restaurant in Denver, but one of the best restaurants in Denver. Service is attentive without being overbearing. Food is excellent and well presented. Telly, the owner, always manages to stop by to see how everything is. The only negative is that Axios is not open for lunch during the week.Special Features:
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2014The food is authentic and delicious! The servers were really attentive and the owner even stopped by to check on everything. Wonderful experience and will return!Special Features:
- Amazing Food and Great ExperienceGarrettLSDined on 5/20/2014This place was amazing! The service was really impressive. The owner was very active in making sure everything was great, and the server was really helpful and informative, too. The food was the best part, though. We got the dolmades to start and then the Arni Psito and the Lamb Giouvetsi. Everything tasted sooo good! I'm sure a lot of time and care went into crafting the recipes, and it was obvious in how great the results were. This was our first time visiting, but we will returning, as well as telling our friends about it.Special Features:
- Deliciously IntimateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014We ventured to Axios with an Amazon Local deal for $50. We were seated at the front in a small table that faced the road, to see the way the nightlife was in the area. We were greeted with a hearty smile and appreciation for using an Amazon Local deal (which is a nice change of pace from how people usually react to some sort of deal voucher). Our waitress gave us recommendations on food and drink, and we went with a nice hummus plate, pork loin with rice, and pork chop. The hummus plate was the perfect size and a nice space filler before the main courses. I had the most giant hunk of pork I've ever had at a restaurant, and it was cooked to perfection. The drinks were unique and a nice complement to the entrees. A great experience!Special Features:
- Great GreekfoodnutDined on 5/16/2014A small Greek restaurant located off the usual track. The food is excellent and the diners are young professionals. Friendly staff. The flaming cheese is always my favorite. Great place for meeting friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEM!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2014We went here for dinner to celebrate Mother's Day, the food was amazing and our service was even better! I highly recommend and will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014If you like Greek food, you should check this place out. It is outstanding Greek food and not even classifying it as Greek, it is just flat out delicious-very everything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentKleatusVIPDined on 5/11/2014Great place for Mother's Day brunch, one of my mom's favorite restaurants when she comes to town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFoodieDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I have been looking for Greek food in the Denver area. We finally found it and it was great!Special Features:
- yummycwoodDined on 5/10/2014great food, service, and ambience. fun place to experience greek food if you have or haven't had it before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food002reviewerDined on 5/9/2014My mom and I both ordered the Chicken Mavrodaphne. The presentation of the dish and the flavor was outstanding! The Greek Sangria was great too. For dessert we both had the tasty Torta Kataifi. One piece is enough for two people to share. Overall I was impressed with the service and quality of the ingredients.Special Features:
- A great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014Terrific experience. The owner is passionate about the food and wine offerings, having traveled far and wide and brought his experiences to benefit in this Greek restaurant. Knowledgeable staff, everything is custom prepared. Superb wine list. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesomercrystal78VIPDined on 5/1/2014Love Axios. Best Greek food in Denver. A true gem in the Highlands.Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the Axios reviews archive.
- It was goodEricVIPDined on 4/30/2014The food is pretty basic and the restaurant wasn't very busy. There was nothing bad, but it's not somewhere I'd go out of my way to dine at again.
- nonnaDined on 4/25/2014Lots of menu choices...good wine list, a bit pricey/bottle. for instance ,Greek wines $45-bottle and up... excellent service..Special Features:
- Welcome to GreeceFoodmymiddlenameDined on 4/20/2014Great authentic Greek food Have been looking for this type of restaurant since moving here from NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skordalia at its best!VeganPattyDined on 4/18/2014In the sake of full disclosure, I'm vegan. My dining companion wasn't. When I asked the waitress the dreaded question: "Is this vegan?" she went back and asked the chef about all the vegetarian dishes and even looked at the ingredients in the pita bread (which isn't vegan). From there, she adjusted the hummus/skordalia/tzatziki platter to veganize it by replacing the tzatziki with extra hummus and skordalia and the pita with extra veggies and house bread. THE DISH WAS AS BEAUTIFULLY PRESENTED AS IT WAS TASTILY MADE!! Win. Win. The Berkley neighborhood is charming and Axios was quaint. That said, for a smallish, hippish place with affordable and amazing food, it was easy to change our reservation at the last minute.Special Features:
- Very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/18/2014First time at Axios and loved it; food was outstanding and servers were helpful and friendly. Lamb and souvlaki, yum! Had a nice table for four in the front near window so could watch the Tennyson action. Chocolate dessert not a hit but the olive oil cake was fabulous. Go here for dinner, you wll not be sorry!! Very fair prices too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the appetizerJeremyCDined on 4/12/2014We started with spanakopita (we figured that was a safe choice for a place we'd never been). Mistake. It was terrible. Both of us were worried that our entrees would be as bad, but were pleasantly surprised. My partner's grouper was excellent, he tells me (I don't do fish), and my chicken mavrodaphne was wonderful. The wine was nice, as was the tea afterward, and my partner enjoyed the baklava very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendCYWYDined on 4/12/2014I rarely eat out because I am conscious about avoiding GMO foods. Axios offered organic vegetarian choices that were incredible. The service was outstanding, relaxed and attentive (not too attentive to our leisure dinner - we were there with friends for four hours). I will visit them again and recommend them to all my friends. Yeah for great food, great service and a fun place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stylish Greek FoodJonathanDined on 4/12/2014Axios offers everything a good Greek restaurant should: excellent food, conceived and executed with real style; a range of fine wines, including many unfamiliar and outstanding ones from Greece; and a casual elegance perfect for almost any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.