560 West 78th Street
Chanhassen, MN 55317Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.axelsrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 9529349340
- Hours of Operation:
We are just a short drive from "Hazeltine" "Holiday Inn Express" and right across the street from "Country Suites" Lunch: Monday-Saturday: 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm-11:00:pm Brunch: Sunday 10:00am-3:00pm Dinner: Sunday 3:00pm-9:00pm HAPPY HOUR TIMES: Monday-Friday 3:30pm-6:00pm. LATE NIGHT 9:00pm-Close. Monday-Friday Our Happy Hour is offered all day Saturdays untill-4:pm. Our Happy Hour specials are $2. off all Bev. with our discounted Appetizer Menu. "Axel's" Where people come by Choice Not by Chance! See you soon!!!
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pablo Cabral
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ask us how we may help cater your special event. On site or off site.
- Private Party Facilities: It is our passion and way of life to provide exceptional service to our guests. In order to provide the superior service we expect for our guests, we begin by creating a warm, and respectful environment in which our team members can thrive. Service is not a one-time effort. It is a way of life
- Private Party Contact: Manager on duty 8776256042
- Special Events: Every Sunday and Monday 4--close Enjoy our 4 course meal. Includes Appetizer, Entree, Bottle of wine, your choice of White or Red and dessert. $52.00 per couple! Menu Selections Change Monthly
A word from Axel's Chanhassen
Axel's offers a classy yet casual place for You, Your Family, and Your Friends to remember. With a fun twist to the "American Steak" house of years gone by. SOMETHING NEW FOR YOU! Sunday and Monday nights 4pm-close DINNER FOR TWO $52.00 PER COUPLE Your choices include: An Appetizer to Share, Each receive soup or salad, Each receive an Entree, Choose a dessert to share and Enjoy a bottle of wine. All for $52.00 per couple Axel's always offers mouth-watering charcoal grilled angus steaks, perfectly aged and prepared to order. Wonderful sweet Alaskan King Crab, Cold water Lobster Tails and much, much more! (Please view our menu) Come and relax in our classy yet casual dining room or our bar area, where you will be met and served by our professional, knowledgeable and fun staff. Give us a call at 952-934-9340 or visit us at www.axelsrestaurants.com Axel's "Where people come by Choice, Not by chance" We look forward to seeing and serving you soonContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Axel's Chanhassen reviews from OpenTable diners
- We enjoyed a meal before aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/30/2012We enjoyed a meal before a Christmas concert at Axel's, by also celebrating our son's 22nd birthday. Everyone was very pleased with the choice of restuarant.Special Features:
- Ribs were okay, a little overcookedPamellDined on 11/24/2012Ribs were okay, a little overcooked. Service was nice & attentive, but not overly so.
- We very much enjoyed our dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/24/2012We very much enjoyed our dinner at Axel's. It was a last minute idea that worked out for us. We were able to use a gift card from our previous visit to Axel's which we received because the prime rib my husband ordered was very sub-par. This time he ordered the delmonico steak and was VERY pleased - it was prepared to perfection. We will be back. Thank you.Special Features:
- great placeBLONDIEVIPDined on 10/27/2012I made a reservation on Open Table at 6:45 and was able to get a table @ 7:00 pm on a saturday night. The food was delicious the pasta special was great! Steak and shrimp with broccoli and roasted tomato was really great. The entree's come with salad and I think the ice burg salad could be improved as well as the dressing thousand island. The waitress was really busy but made sure everything was to our liking.Special Features:
- Once Again, Great!JimLDined on 10/26/2012Axel's in Chanhassen was really hopping last night. Great food and wine and the waiter was attentive. Always a consistently good time. We were able to use our Bonfire dining points and saved $50 of this meal.Special Features:
- I normally give Axel's quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2012I normally give Axel's quite good reviews. I had noted on my reservation that my friend and I were celebrating our birthdays. When we arrived the hostess hadn't noted that on the reservation. Our waitress was annoying. She was constantly asking if "we" were going to have something to drink, etc. I didn't realize she was joining us!!! We ordered a bottle of wine and let her know that we were celebrating our birthdays. She never mentioned a thing - mind you, Axel's has been sending out e-mails recommending celebrating a birthday at their restaurant. After being ignored for a half an hour, we got a free cup of coffee but there was never an offer for even a cupcake with a candle much less a free dessert - most places offer that much.Special Features:
- Axels was excellent. ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2012Axels was excellent. This was our first visit and we chose Axles for our Anniversary dinner. The steaks were fantastic and our server was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- The food was delicious andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2012The food was delicious and the service was great! The portions were very generous!Special Features:
- I was with some friends forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2012I was with some friends for a 60th wedding anniversary. The couple got free champagne and the service was great!Special Features:
- Axel's? Go someplace else.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012On a Saturday evening. We should have paid more attention to other reviews before we wasted our money our time and more importantly, the kitchen and wait staff's time. The French Onion soup had flavor but was all broth just a few onions. The "Coco-Bull" appetizer was as good as remembered. We should have stopped there. The "Famous Walleye" $26 filets, were tiny, thin, burned and otherwise flavorless and inedible. Maybe Zander? Hmmm... The "True Country Club Filet" for $35 was ordered medium but served as rare as rare can be, nearly raw. No wait person for nearly 20 minutes even though it was after 8 and and slow. I took it home and regrilled it. Axel's is simply not worth a visit until the kitchen and wait staff match the prices.
- Marya, the server, is thediscretedinerVIPDined on 10/10/2012Marya, the server, is the greatest and the foremost! Prompt, considerate, accurate, amiable, lovely and very attentive. The event made our evening a special and effective one! Will come back soon.Special Features:
- I just love the popovers!! GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2012I just love the popovers!! Great service, great food!! Great birthday rewards program!!Special Features:
- We come here often. Good walleye,JiberganDined on 10/5/2012We come here often. Good walleye, good risotto. Silver palm cabernet is fantastic!Special Features:
- The restaurant was very activeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2012The restaurant was very active and crowded, but the food was good. Not sure if they were short on wait staff, but the service was quite slow.Special Features:
- Sunday 10:00 AM for BreakfastKillerBeeDined on 9/30/2012Sunday 10:00 AM for Breakfast and we were the only people there...... they need to advertise. Food was good and reasonably priced, good service.
- Great service, poor food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/29/2012Service was fantastic (you rock Joe!). But the food was only decent and over priced. The steak was tough, the crab cakes were dry and flavorless. The Tiramisu was a huge disappointment; lacking in flavor and pretty boring. The menu is unclear about the sides - a note, you get their signature teriyaki green beans and a starch of your choice. I do recommend the coconut shrimp. The ambiance is terrible. The tables are too close together, so you're also on a date with the table next to you. And the busboy just stands outside the kitchen staring at you making it a date of 5 people. All in all, we probably won't go back based upon the food quality vs. cost.
- Tables too close together.ReaderamaDined on 9/28/2012The food and service were very good, however the tables were so close together that the servers could hardly move around. They had to go over our heads with the food in order to serve. It would be MUCH more enjoyable if they would take out at least every third table. It was also very loud with so many people packed together and the room got warmer as the night progressed.Special Features:
- Service was very good. FoodTurtleoxVIPDined on 9/27/2012Service was very good. Food a little uneven. Walleye was very bland. Sirloin was very good and cooked perfectly. Tables too crowded together.
- We always have a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/22/2012We always have a wonderful time when we dine at Axels
- We made this reservation toOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2012We made this reservation to celebrate our 21 weeding anniversary. We arrived at 7:00 sharp and our table in the dining room had been given away. We were seated in the loud Bar, nor what we where looking for.
- We ordered a steak (medium)OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2012We ordered a steak (medium) and a prime rib (rare). The steak was rare and the prime came medium. Waited for over 1/2 hour for waitress to return to table to state problem. The prime needed to go back. Unfortunately by this time they had run out of Prime rib. I did not eat that evening. Service was slow.Special Features:
- This was our first time herebonnieraeDined on 9/15/2012This was our first time here and we enjoyed it. The food was good and they had a nice selection. Our server was very attentive and made good recommendations. We'll be back.Special Features:
- This was our first time atWeLoveBrunchDined on 9/14/2012This was our first time at Axel's (even though we live right around the corner) and we were there for our 6th Anniversary. Our server was delightful and she even had a manager bring us complimentary champagne to celebrate. We loved the atmosphere, a little table for two in the corner of the bar where we could see everyone. The food was delicious, and worth the higher price point. All in all, it was a delightful evening. We only had one complaint about the table next to us that consisted of a highly inebriated (employee/former employee) woman who kept jumping out of her seat, flinging her chair into our table and running around hugging the servers. Not too professional or appeasing for the restaurant. Not holding it against them though.Special Features:
- The appetizers did not standOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2012The appetizers did not stand up to what I have previously experienced or expected from Axel's. The Bull Bites were small pieces and rather tough. The Walleye fingers were just adequate. I'm glad we were there during happy hour and only paid half price. They were not worth the $13 noted on the menu.The coconut shrimp was very good.I had the Mo Taters as a side, the flavor was very good, the consistency was almost runny. Disappointing.The Wedge salad was uninspiring. Just a wedge with 1 piece of cucumber and 2 cherry tomatoes. With Axel's reputation I expected a lot more effort than that.Disappointing.I had Steak Oscar. Crab cakes were nothing special. I would've preferred the lump crab alone instead.Overall I'd rate the meal as adeSpecial Features:
- Service was great. Our serverluv2dineVIPDined on 9/8/2012Service was great. Our server was friendly and engaged in conversation when I inquired about the history of Axel's and the building. It was Happy Hour (for lunch!) and appetizers were 1/2 price. The food was prepared as ordered and very tasty. The only complaint I'd have is the ranch dressing was runny like water (vs thick and creamy, which I assume most patrons would prefer). It tasted fine so that wasn't a big deal.Special Features:
- Our server Lisa, was fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2012Our server Lisa, was fantastic! We have a 1 year old and she was great with her! ( I think she would've taken her home!) She colored with her, brought her crackers and just gave all around fantastic service! Thank you Lisa~Special Features:
- As always, service was topOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2012As always, service was top notch. We were in on Labor Day, thinking the restaurant would be quiet & slow. To our surprise, there was a good size crowd enjoying the early evening dining. Our food was well prepared and came out in a timely manner. I have never had a bad meal or poorly prpared drink at this establishment. It has become my favorite go to spot close to home.Special Features:
- We enjoyed some of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2012We enjoyed some of the best service we have recently experienced at Axel's. The food was very good as well.Special Features:
- Generally we like Axels aTacketDined on 8/25/2012Generally we like Axels a lot. However, the popovers were cold and the service was exceedingly slow. Their walleye and scallop dishes are very, very good.Special Features:
- Was not crowded on a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2012Was not crowded on a Friday night. Decent service. The food was good, nothing exceptional, slightly overpriced. The sandwich options (i.e. something cheaper and lighter) on the menu is very limited.
- Wonderful place ~ atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012Wonderful place ~ atmosphere ~ food ~ service! Great for a 1st date ~Special Features:
- My wife and I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2012My wife and I had a great dinner at Axel's Chanhassen this past Friday! I ordered the Cioppino, which was fabulous, and she got the Scallops, which were very tasty too. They give you popovers to start, plus you get a salad, so we definitely did not leave the restaurant hungry! No complaints what so bit, will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Popovers. Coconut shrimpOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2012Great Popovers. Coconut shrimp very good. Ribeye steak a bit grissly. Service was great! Arrived at 6:00 so we did not have to wait for a table. Will go again.Special Features:
- Even though the outdoor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2012Even though the outdoor seating was not full, and we asked for seating outside, it was refused. We were meeting out of town friends and would have loved to enjoy these last beautiful nights. Food was very good, however.
- Their pre-fixe menu that theyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/20/2012Their pre-fixe menu that they offer on Sunday and Monday evenings has a trio of delicious entrees every time we are there. It is adjacent to the Chanhassan Dinner Theatre. I would sooner eat there and then then see my show, than eat the usual at CDT. Wait staff are very friendly and attentive without being bothersome.Special Features:
- Axel's in Chanhassen has becomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012Axel's in Chanhassen has become a favorite for me. We were there on Friday evening. Our server, Erin, was prompt, coutreous and knowledgeable of the specials and regular menu items. I had the bone in ribeye with bernaise sauce on the side. The steak was tender, very flavorable and cooked to a perfect medium rare. The standard vegetable garnish was green beans. These beans are prepared in a way that keeps them crispy and delicious. I beleive they are tossed with a honey teriyaki sauce after blanching. Excellent! My wife had the bacon wrapped scallops, which were tender and delicious. She always orders these with the orange horseradish sauce that is usually served with the coconut shrimp. All in all, It was a great evening.Special Features:
- Food was very good. NoiseMntigerDined on 8/17/2012Food was very good. Noise level from party room was excessive. Finally located a manager to shut off the room.
- WE at at Axels on a Sunday.Handle55Dined on 8/12/2012WE at at Axels on a Sunday. They were moderately busy. Our server was very good. We had an opportunity to meet the manager, Becky and found her to be a very engaging person. She checked on us to make sure everything was satisfactory. My wife was extremely happy with the coconut shrimp, the frenh onion soup was spectacular and, of course their popovers were as great as they always are. The Prime Rib was tasty and the au jus was not overpowering. Axels is a pleasant place to spend an hour and a half and enjoy really good food.Special Features:
- I have to say that once uponCeCeDined on 8/11/2012I have to say that once upon a time we Loved this restaurant! I'm not sure what happened there but the last couple of times we have been there the food wasn't that great and for a Saturday night it wasn't busy. Before at 6:00 or 7:00 the place was packed. The popovers were over nuked, my husbands cheesy potatoes weren't hot or done, my walley was so so, not impresive at all. I don't know if they have a new owner or new management or a new chef, but the place has gone down hill. It will be awhile before we try it again.
- Service was slow but greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Service was slow but great happy hour on Saturday and food was very good.Special Features: