2540 North Cleveland Avenue
Roseville, MN 55113Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.axelsrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 6513673969
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:00am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Clay Gibbins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Walnut Room is our private dining room that is great for groups up to 40 people. Call to make reservations for business dinner's, groom dinner's or just a special night out.
- Private Party Facilities: It is our passion and way of life to provide exceptional service to our guests. In order to provide the superior service we expect for our guests, we begin by creating a warm, and respectful environment in which our team members can thrive. Service is not a one-time effort. It is a way of life.
- Private Party Contact: Louis Armitage 6513673969x3963
- Entertainment: Axel's great menu is available for New Year's Eve, or join us for our Gala at the Radisson. Packages includes sleeping room, huge dinner buffet, admission for 2, free drinks, free champagne toast and party favors and entertainment by The Power of Ten. 7pm-1am. Visit the Radisson Roseville website for more information or call 651/636-4567
- Special Events: HAPPY HOUR Sun-Sat 3pm-6pm $2.00 off ALL drinks 1/2 price appetizers (some exclusions) FREE Appetizer Buffet Mon-Fri 4pm-6pm Sun-Thurs 9pm-Close $2.00 off ALL drinks
A word from Axel's Charhouse
The award winning regionally favorite restaurant is the perfect compliment to the Radisson Hotel Roseville. Axel's Charhouse features American favorites; fresh seafood, steaks and pasta are a few of the specialties, for the wine connoisseur Axel's has a world class wine selection. There are over 150 labels to choose from; guests will be sure to find an old favorite or a new one. Experience genuine hospitality; choose to dine indoors in a warm casual environment, or try the outdoor courtyard.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Axel's Charhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- All Axel locations are alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/11/2012All Axel locations are always dependable for great food, service, etc. You can never go wrong if you choose one of their locations.Special Features:
- We went for a 70th birthday.MaraluDined on 12/7/2012We went for a 70th birthday. They acknowledged with table note and free dessert. The food was delicious...get the steak. It was quiet enough to have a conversation without yelling. Service was top notch. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Been there before though hasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2012Been there before though has been awhile. Still good food and a good valueSpecial Features:
- It was a bit noisy for me,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/5/2012It was a bit noisy for me, but the atmosphere and the food are great. Really enjoyed myself along with my boss and co-workers.Special Features:
- We had a yummy for a reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012We had a yummy for a reasonable price. Will be taking my parents there again.,.Special Features:
- Very good service, & the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Very good service, & the food was good. My family was very please, lots of different foods to choose from. Would choose Alex again.Special Features:
- Delicious Thanksgiving DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Our family of 6 (3 adults, 2 seniors and a teenager)ate at Axel's for Thanksgiving. They had an amazing, over-the-top, buffet. Everything tasted great and there was something for everyone. It was a bit crowded in the dining area and it was loud. Staff was friendly. I think we all would go again.Special Features:
- This is our third year goingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012This is our third year going for Thanksgiving Excellant timeSpecial Features:
- Excellent food and a greatWeLove2DineVIPDined on 11/17/2012Excellent food and a great value for your dollar. We were very impressed and will visit again.
- This Axels is not run likeDlgoldieVIPDined on 11/16/2012This Axels is not run like the others in town. No ones paying attention to the food.
- I am a frequesnt visitor andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2012I am a frequesnt visitor and bring people there regularly. Although the service was very friendly as always, it was exceptionally slow on Monday lunch. It took "forever" to get a couple of glasses of wine before lunch, and didn't improve much after that. Sorry, but I think you would want to know!Special Features:
- 5 of 5!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/10/2012We had simply a fantastic time at Axel's. The food was wonderful and the portion size was spot on. We had a manager come to our table (Mark, I think was his name), and ask us how it was going and if there was anything we needed. Top Notch!Special Features:
- Loved the signature pop-overOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2012Loved the signature pop-over bread and maple butter. Walley was delicious! The chicken soup had dumplings like my Mom makes ....mmmmmm. I appreciated that there wasn't loud background music so conversation was not a problem at our table as is often the case at some restaurants.Special Features:
- My parents were visiting fromOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2012My parents were visiting from Las Vegas, NV. We had Axel's special appetizer plus the artichoke & crab dip. Both appetizers were excellent! We all had the walleye. Thoroughly enjoyed it. My parents were, as I, impressed with food, service, & atmosphere. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great Feedback from my group.MicwhenVIPDined on 10/23/2012Great Feedback from my group. Would go back again. :)Special Features:
- Ordered the artichoke crabPetenelDined on 10/11/2012Ordered the artichoke crab appetizer, would not do it again. artichoke was left in large pieces and sauce was thin. My rib eye steak was good. My wife's walleye was ok. The service and food are much better at the Chanhassen location over the Roseville location that we went to tonight.
- We absolutely loved Axel's.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2012We absolutely loved Axel's. The food was phenominal! Service was beyond belief. We loved everything about our experience from the service, food preparation, and bar service. Wonderful dining experience. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- The Three Olive salad was4goodfoodVIPDined on 10/9/2012The Three Olive salad was so original and very good. Walleye is tender and moist and the Apple Flatbread dessert was awesome. Really great experience overall.Special Features:
- Great food, small place.MamaSchermDined on 10/6/2012Great food, small place. Our server was fantastic. The seating options were slim - either right by the kitchen or in the bar, but it turned out okay ( we picked the bar)Special Features:
- Kinda dark in here - but IhawaiianemVIPDined on 9/26/2012Kinda dark in here - but I recommend the Mango/Chicken/Blue cheese salad and the bull bites! YUM!Special Features:
- The atmosphere was very nice--couldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012The atmosphere was very nice--could be casual or formal. The food was great and our waitress was helpful and fun.Special Features:
- The steak was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2012The steak was very good and done as requested. The service was great. Would go back.Special Features:
- Ordered the Oscar steak andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/19/2012Ordered the Oscar steak and it was very dry. Not worth the $$$
- Good business environment,highOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/18/2012Good business environment,high noise level for a Tuesday night; a bit high in price for the quality of the food. Excellent service.
- Not so greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2012The bull bites, prime rib and accompanying potatoes were good. The coconut shrimp, I've had better at Red Lobster. The popovers were hard like bread not crispy, the maple butter was excellent with the inside of the popover though. The salad my fiance got with his dinner was just a wedge of iceberg, some carrots and cucumbers on the side with a side of blue cheese dressing, it could have used some creativity, I've had better looking salads at Friday's. The chicken and dumpling soup was so salty all I did was eat the dumplings because I couldn't finish the rest. I feel like if you're going to spend over $70 on food, it should be better!Special Features:
- Plan to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2012Food was excellent; my steak could be cut with a fork. They also have a very large gluten free menu. Our server Kristy was very pleasant but the reason I give service a good is because drinks and food took a long time to get to our table. My group of five were offered a free appetizer to make up for the delay.Special Features:
- Our waiter should have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/11/2012Our waiter should have been working at a Denny's not a restraunt that serves $36 steaks. Awful service. Embarassing really. Took a client there and we were not even able to order for almost 2 hours and it was hardly busy. Quite frustrating for a $200+ meal for 3 with little or no booze.
- We keep returning to thisMplsDinerDined on 9/11/2012We keep returning to this restraunt. Have had mixed reviews, but this time we were very pleased with our experience. We were celebrating my birthday and noted this in our reservation. There was a card signed by staff, nice touch. We had all you can eat crab legs. They were great! My husband is still talking about them this time. My only criticism is the popovers are always overcooked and the baked potato undercooked and hard. The Caesar salad and the teriyaki green beans (my personal fave) are very good. I was also offered a slice of chocolate cake for my birthday which I got to-go. This was very good and a nice surprise! Overall, I am very pleased with the changes made by management over the past year, and we will be back!!!Special Features:
- I enjoyed the quiet atmosphere,maloDined on 9/8/2012I enjoyed the quiet atmosphere, food was fantastic as well as service. All the employees made us feel welcomed. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Although the service was good,lbolsonVIPDined on 9/2/2012Although the service was good, our food was not. My fish was terribly overcooked and had to be sent back. By the time my second meal was done, my husband was also finished with his food. Even the second try with the halibut was not that great. My husband's meal was so so. Way over priced for the quality of food. Try somewhere else.
- VERY attentive servers...IOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2012VERY attentive servers...I felt like we were being checked with very often. Good food, good cocktails. Classic American food.
- This is the second time ISalsaDined on 8/26/2012This is the second time I have went to brunch at Axels. I like the food and the 1.99 mimosa's. Service was good as usual. SallySpecial Features:
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2012Service was painfully slow. We recieved water and it was almost 30 minutes before someone took our order. And the restaurant was not busy. The waitstaff seemed more interested in standing together talking than in serving us. The male waiter at the next table was quick and efficient. The table was seated at the same time as us. They were finished and leaving before we had recieved our dinner.
- I thought this was so, soOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/2/2012I thought this was so, so food for the price. The service was slow and the restaurant was empty so no reason for this. Some people's food was cold. Not a great experience and probably won't go back.Special Features:
- The food is fantastic andOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2012The food is fantastic and the helpings are generous. the staff are attentive but not to the point where it becomes irritating.Lets not even talk about the desserts- which are sinful. I use Axels primarily for business meetings while I am in the cities- I know I don't have to worry about the details because the staff and food are so great - I can just concentrate on the businessSpecial Features:
- Food and service were great.luv2dineVIPDined on 7/17/2012Food and service were great. We were delighted to be served popovers with our meal. The 'small' order of onion rings was anything but that and very delicious. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- I work in Roseville and haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2012I work in Roseville and have gone to Axels for both work lunches and dinners as well as family get togethers. I can truly say I have never been disappointed. Food, staff and ambience are all terrific!Special Features:
- Had a wonderful dinner. SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/17/2012Had a wonderful dinner. Steak was prepared well and the popovers were warm and delicious.
- We eat dinner quite oftenrosevillegirlVIPDined on 6/17/2012We eat dinner quite often at Axel's and it is very good. This was our first brunch, which was served buffet style. We would not do brunch here again as the prime rib was very tough and the walleye was tasteless and mushy.Special Features:
- We'll be back!Food4thoughtDined on 6/15/2012We have eaten at this particulat restaurant quite a few times, and every time, it delivers. And OH those popovers are to DIE for! :-) Best I've found anywhere. The maple butter they serve with it is amazing! My husband and I went with our best friends, and were it not for having to get back for the babysitter, we would never have left. Wonderful, cozy, quiet little spot for a small get together.Special Features: