Axel's Bonfire - Woodbury
1424 Weir Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Axel's Bonfire - Woodbury
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.axelsbonfire.com/
- Phone: 6517350085
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Leave the hassle behind of entertaining at home - Axel's Bonfire in Woodbury specializes in creating memorable events for any occasion. Our private dining area can seat up to 35 people and we are happy to help you celebrate anything from small birthday parties to large business events. We offer individual menu selections or we can help you pre-select a customized menu for your event. So grab your friends and celebrate the Axel's Bonfire way!
- Private Party Contact: Ken Wilson 6517350085
A word from Axel's Bonfire - Woodbury
Axel’s Bonfire, commonly known as Bonfire, features real wood-fired cooking giving the food its rich and distinctive grilled flavor. The relaxed, inviting atmosphere is a perfect backdrop for festive, flavorful American cuisine with a unique Southwest flair. Focusing on quality and freshness, Bonfire prefers to purchase ingredients locally and all food is Trans- fat free and prepared from scratch, including sauces and dressings. The family-friendly restaurant’s signature items include wood-fired pizza, spit-roasted meat, sizzling fajitas, salads, pastas and make-your-own pizzas for kids.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Axel's Bonfire - Woodbury reviews from OpenTable diners
- We had a family ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/26/2012We had a family Christmas dinner on Dec 26th. We really enjoyed it. The food, service and atmosphere was very nice. Would recommend to others.Special Features:
- My son was here from San Diego,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012My son was here from San Diego, we had a great time, our waitress was great. The service was great. She did exactly what I asked. give me the bill, my children thought they were paying. It was a Christmas gift to them.Special Features:
- very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012the food was very good and everything went smoothly even though we had a huge group of 20 i will defiantly come back for group outings.Special Features:
- The ceiling fan bothered me.DebbieDined on 11/27/2012The ceiling fan bothered me. "Lights were blinking at me the whole time because of the fan"Special Features:
- We enjoyed the meal very much.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012We enjoyed the meal very much. We were able to talk and have fun and hear what everyone in the group was saying. The food was enjoyable. We would return.Special Features:
- There was a long wait forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012There was a long wait for tables but we had a reservation and were taken right away. Our waitress was fantastic. Always checking in with a smile. The food was excellent and exactly how we wanted it prepared. We will be back again.
- It was a very busy SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012It was a very busy Saturday night. The server took our order wrong and later seemesd unclear about what the evening specials were. We waited a long time for any food and then our entrees were delivered within a few minutes of the appetizer. One steak entree was charred on the outside.Special Features:
- Great service, food wasn'tMonkeyBillDined on 11/2/2012Great service, food wasn't up to it's normal quality but still a fun place to go.
- We had a big group, seventeenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/31/2012We had a big group, seventeen people and all needing separate checks. Everything went smoothly and quickly. We did not have a great deal of time, since it was a work group needing to go to a meeting. Our boss suggested dealing with the restaurant bills while awaiting the food and our server accomplished that very nicelySpecial Features:
- My wife and I went to Axel'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2012My wife and I went to Axel's for our first anniversary, we had a great dinner and spent a few moments talking to the manager, she was extremely friendly and offered a special dessert selection when asked. I recommend Axel's Bonfire in Woodbury as a great place to eat for a special occasion for two or a group setting. The food was excellent and was the kind that you could take home and eat cold and enjoy it just as much as when you first received it in the restaurant. Kudos to the Woodbury Axel's Bonfire staff for such a fantastic restaurant.Special Features:
- Food was good not great, drinks,MikeTM58Dined on 10/27/2012Food was good not great, drinks, appetizer, 2 diners, and a shared desert for under $100. Service was great. pork tenderlion was very good just a bit dry/over cooked.
- Server Richard was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Server Richard was outstanding and food was to die for!Special Features:
- We ate at Axel's on a FridaykquinnDined on 10/26/2012We ate at Axel's on a Friday night and it was very busy. I was able to make reservations on Open Table an hour before we arrived which was great. We had a wonderful corner booth which would have seated 6 comfortably so it was very nice for the four of us. They have a happy hour from 4 to 6 that we were in time for and we would definitely go back for that...special drink prices and we had two of their woodfire pizzas which were half off. We had the brushetta pizza and barbeque chicken pizza. Both were excellent and we had leftovers. Our waitress was very attentive and very pleasant.Special Features:
- Steak was excellent and IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2012Steak was excellent and I loved the cheesy potatoes.Special Features:
- The food was very good butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012The food was very good but service was poor for the time of day. Waited an extremely long time for someone to wait on us.Special Features:
- I was entertaining for BusinessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2012I was entertaining for Business and thought this Axels was the same as the other ones, where I have had really good meals and its a great atmosphere for business. This one felt like the OK Corral and the food was definitely more suitable for that atmosphere. The Tortilla soup tasted like a tomato wreck and not at all in line with any other tortilla soups I've had. I managed to find the Walleye that I ordered at other Axels. It was a very small piece and did not come with a salad or offer good sides. When I ordered the sweet potatoes fries, they came draped with Ketchup and sour cream, neither of which were disclosed when I ordered it and offensive to assume all people like condiments. Not a good experience!
- Loved the restaurant and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012Loved the restaurant and the food was great. Just thought the food was a little on the high side. Couldn't afford to dine there very often.Special Features:
- Sorry, no room for dessert....HankDined on 10/20/2012We had an exceptional experience. The meal was soooo good! My wife had the walleye and I had a sausage pizza. The walleye was layed well with almonds (yum!) and she chose the bacon potatoes (most popular pick!) and it came with fresh cooked green beans. The fish was cooked properly, the potatoes were fantastic and I loved the beans (had a great flavor that my mom never used - so I ate them joyfully!). My pizza had plenty of tasty sausage. You can imagine it to be spicy, as it was, but it wasn't over-powering or too hot (for sausage lovers!). I normally ask for more sauce but forgot. It could have used a bit more yet I was totally satisfied. The left-over pizza went quickly the next day - unlike most pizzas in our fridge!Special Features:
- Once again the food and servicePabloeatsVIPDined on 10/16/2012Once again the food and service were excellent. You can't go wrong with the bull bites and their pizza's are great for those who like a woodfired thin crust pizza!!Special Features:
- The outside is very invitingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/14/2012The outside is very inviting and the smell coming from inside makes your mouth water. The food was delicious. The Bontons, Chicken Lettuce Wraps, and Ribs were the perfect temperature when they arrived at my table. You could tell the ingredients were fresh. It's the perfect setting for a date, girls (or guys) night out, family dinner, special occasion, or even happy hour after work.Special Features:
- Great Food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Took My Wife there it was soooo nice! they also delivered flowers to our table (I had the flower company deliver them ahead of time) Thank you!Special Features:
- The food was very good & theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2012The food was very good & the kids portions were quite generous but we were completely neglected by our server. This was our first time here & it was for my husband's birthday so it was a bit disappointing.Special Features:
- The food was excellent withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2012The food was excellent with service to match. Loved the ambiance.Special Features:
- We have not been here forPabloeatsVIPDined on 9/20/2012We have not been here for a couple of months but are me er dissappointed. We had one of our favorites in the canjun chicken pasta. Ask for extra spicy it was great!Special Features:
- We had an overall good meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2012We had an overall good meal. Bad news is that the steak in the fajitas was so overdone it was hard to chew. Waitress was outstanding. Noticed alot of kids there. Kid friendly menu.Special Features:
- The food was amazing, theKitzDined on 8/28/2012The food was amazing, the service was excellent, the ambiance was very comfortable. The experience could not have been better! Thank you!Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012One of the best restaurants in the cities, and this is coming from a foodie. I ate at the Axels in the Sheraton but it doesn't compare to the one in Woodbury. I moved out of the state 2 years ago and going back for a visit I had Axels at the top of my "must visit" list. This is one place that I would move back for.Special Features:
- Service was good. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012Service was good. Food was ok but over priced. Noise level was high. Had reservation but placed in front of kitchen door again!! Second time for Axel's
- The food was overcooked andUneventfulDined on 8/23/2012The food was overcooked and very expensive for the price. The appetizers were better than the main course. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Quiet for an early businessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2012Quiet for an early business lunch at 11:30. Filled up somewhat as we ate but never full. Not quiet, but certainly not a noisy place. Easy to hold a discussion. Prompt, friendly service. Patient as we were having a business discussion, didn't interrupt frequently. Attentive to empty glasses and removing plates. Food was good as has been my experience on other occasions. A solid restaurant a good step and a half above the chain sit down restaurants. Conversely, there was nothing about the experience to make you say wow!Special Features:
- 99%OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012It was 99% perfect... My only complaint was that it seemed to take a long time between ordering and getting the food. Great appetizersSpecial Features:
- Quiet NightlillianslistDined on 8/18/2012We went with another couple to this Bonfire in Woodbury on a Saturday night. I have eaten at the Bonfire in Savage and Eagan many times and have had great food and experiences. However, this Bonfire was completely dead all night and we were there for a while. It was very strange. We wouldn't go back - the place had a weird vibe.Special Features:
- MUST EAT PLACEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Got a gift card as a anniversary gift, and we were NOT disappointed. First time ever eating there! Staff was friendly, and very helpful. It was a FIRST any restaurant we have been to has EVER got my steak just how I like it, and the shrimp were HUGE and FULL of flavor! The food was AMAZING!!! Will be a common place to hit! They are higher priced then say Applebees, and maybe even Olive Garden, I would say more along the lines of Red Lobster price, but it is 100% worth the price. The size of the mixed drinks for the price were a bit outrageous though.Special Features:
- Disappointed, long wait forCindyDined on 8/17/2012Disappointed, long wait for food was cool, prime rib that I ordered looked like it was frozen and thawed out in a microwave and finished on the grill, worst ever . Will never go back!
- The server paid attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012The server paid attention to my husband and son, but ignored me. I had to go by the kitchen and ask a different server for my tartar sauce I had requested, and I also had to go to the bar to get a refill on my beverage, even though I was almost empty when she offered one to my husband. She had also brought my son a refill before that without offering one to me. My husband and son had already finished their meal by the time I got my tartar sauce, and my food was cold. I did report this to the manager before we left. This was not a fun way to spend my birthday.
- We were able to sit out onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012We were able to sit out on the patio and had fabulous service and food. Along with continually being checked on was nice for a change. Sometimes when you are dining outside you can be forgotten. Thanks for the great night.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Excellent food and service, even if a bit overpriced.Special Features:
- Disappointing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012This was my first visit to Axel's. Worst $70.00 sirloin steak dinner for two I can remember (and I'm not fussy). It was a special occasion for us and to say the lease, very disappointing. Ordered medium rare twice and both came well done. Not a very favorable cut of meat either. I would think twice about coming back.
- Favorite place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012We eat there at least once a month and have never been disappointed!! I love the relaxed feel and they have an excellent Happy Hour and their food and drinks are fantastic....my fav is the Pomegranate martini SOOOO DELICIOUS!! They have a great rewards program too.Special Features:
- It was a pleasant dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2012It was a pleasant dinner experience. I like that you are not sitting on top of you neighbor and they ca't hear your conversation. The restaurant is visually appealing. The service was good. I would recommend it.Special Features: