Axel's Bonfire - Savage
14120 Highway 13 South
Savage, MN 55378Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Axel's Bonfire - Savage
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.axelsbonfire.com/locations/mn/savage
- Phone: 9524471122
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining
- Private Party Contact: Melissa Kirschman 8886522589
- Entertainment: LIVE Acoustic Music! Every Thursday from 9PM to Midnight
- Special Events: We are happy to help you celebrate any size occasion, from birthday parties to business events. Our semi- private Wood Room can accomodate up to 30 people. We offer individual menu selections, or we can help you create a customized menu for your event.
A word from Axel's Bonfire - Savage
Axel’s Bonfire, commonly known as Bonfire, features real wood-fired cooking giving the food its rich and distinctive grilled flavor. The relaxed, inviting atmosphere is a perfect backdrop for festive, flavorful American cuisine with a unique Southwest flair. Focusing on quality and freshness, Bonfire prefers to purchase ingredients locally and all food is Trans- fat free and prepared from scratch, including sauces and dressings. The family-friendly restaurant’s signature items include wood-fired pizzas, spit-roasted meat, sizzling fajitas, salads, pastas and make-your-own pizzas for kids.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Axel's Bonfire - Savage reviews from OpenTable diners
- We thought it was very expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012We thought it was very expensive for the amount of food received.Special Features:
- We love the food but haveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/5/2012We love the food but have never had good service there at any of their locations. So disappointing.
- Exceptionally accomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/28/2012We had a great waiter - on par with some of the finest restaurants around. Two of our party (both fussy eaters) ordered items with 'barbeque' - the bbq chicken pizza and a pulled pork sandwich (a lunch item they allowed us to order at dinner). The pizza had a sour cream dressing that was too spicy ("hot") and the sandwich had a sauce that was a vinegar based. The waiter made everything right - brought a new pizza without the dressing and a sandwich with a more familiar smoky tomato sauce. Very accomodating and friendly, and the food was good and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Great place for lunch - who knew!CheersDined on 11/27/2012Spectacular food and service! We had a short business meeting and it worked well. The walleye was wonderful!Special Features:
- This is a regular place forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2012This is a regular place for my wife, her youngest sister and their family. It's really enjoyable I always get the chicago style french dip which is amazing, I've tried their pizza which is fantastic as well. Service is generally good and always great food. If you are into live music they have an acoustic guitar player on Thursday and Saturday nights. If you want a nice quiet dinner avoid there on these nights because the music is extremely loud and drowns out all conversation.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Service.tscipVIPDined on 11/21/2012Family dinner, all adults. Very good food, excellent service. Would go back, prices are reasonable. Items ordered were Steaks, Walleye, and Pizza. All were enjoyed. Desserts wold excellent. Will be back.Special Features:
- I would never dine here again.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2012I would never dine here again. The service was terribly, inexcusably slow. The manager used profanity behind the back of one of the individuals in our party who dared to ask her about the significant delays. This was supposed to be a celebration dinner and the manager completely ruined it for us. We will NEVER go back. You do not want to risk this type of experience when you want to go out for a nice dinner. This restaurant has gone significantly downhill over the past few years. Too bad. We used to like it here.
- The computers were down whenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/10/2012The computers were down when we arrived, but we were immediately seated. However, because of the computer issues, everything from our drink order to our meal was delayed. (It took about an hour to receive our meals.) Our server was great and kept us well informed. The food was amazing when it did arrive and we were pretty hungry at that point, so we ate it all. We ended up missing our movie due to the delay. The table next to us had their drinks comped but ours were not nor did the manager even stop at our table. She passed our table several times to apologize to other diners, but never stopped at our table. We will come back again, but would really appreciate knowing about any timing issues before being seated.Special Features:
- Disappointing experience atOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/10/2012Disappointing experience at the Savage Axel. Have had many great meals at the Axel's on Grand Ave in St Paul but this location is nothing like the Axel's we know. Food was bad - overcooked and bland. Service was slow and not very attentive. Very disappointed!
- With its open floor plan itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012With its open floor plan it is very noisy,very hard to carry on a conversation.
- The Buttermilk bacon mashedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/29/2012The Buttermilk bacon mashed potatoes are incredible as well as the seasoned green beans. We've eaten there 3 times and have had excellent meals every time.Special Features:
- Had our 14 month old son withOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/20/2012Had our 14 month old son with us. staff was helpful in selecting a table so we would not be a bother to anyone and respected our desire for a quicker meal to not prolong the meal (and have our son become "that kid" in the restaurant).
- Experience was great, butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2012Experience was great, but why was my visit not counted for OpenTable points? What's the point of using your service if my reservation doesn't count?Special Features:
- Loved the Walleye tacos andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2012Loved the Walleye tacos and with a chopped salad had more food than even a clean plater like me could finish. Have been to this restaurant several times now and have never been disappointed with the food or service. Nice selection of beers to choose from to complement their food.
- Not too good in SavageJACHawkeye1977Dined on 10/12/2012Food was not too good. Sirloin steak was cooked correctly, but was not like any other sirloin I've seen. Small, thin, tasteless. Potato and bean sides were very good, although just luke warm when served. Lots of unruly children, very noisy. Service was excellent, waitress was cheerful and efficient.Special Features:
- We go to Bonfire occasionally,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/10/2012We go to Bonfire occasionally, and the only thing that holds us back from going more often is the noise level. It is difficult to carry on a conversation with those in your booth at times. We take my elderly parents out for special dinners, and they can't hear a thing. Dang. Our server the other night was excellent. I wish I remembered her name.Special Features:
- We were given great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2012We were given great service and had several special requests accommodated. Will definately enjoy returning.Special Features:
- Great food, neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2012Bonfire gives Savage a spot for fine dining for all, whether it be groups of young people attending homecoming, couples out on a date, or families out with the kids. I was there with a friend and enjoyed my all-time favorite, the blackened walleye salad. Can't beat it and I've never found it anywhere else!Special Features:
- I am not sure what is happeningRCAHVIPDined on 9/23/2012I am not sure what is happening at Bonfire.. ...the past few times that we have been there the service has been poor and very slow. It is unfortunate because they have really good food and the prices are reasonable. It is still a nice place to et, but I'd service doesn't get batter we won't be going there anymore. The food was good, but cool because it took so long for them to bring it out and it wasn't that busy.
- A little noisy but otherwiseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2012A little noisy but otherwise a great experience. We had awesome service!Special Features:
- Dessert First???OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012The entrees were fantastic but I highly recommend you splurge on the Bailey's Creme cake for dessert. What a treat! We shared one and it was so huge we still took part of it homoe with us!Special Features:
- Music was too loud. HardTacyDined on 9/14/2012Music was too loud. Hard to hear conversation at the table or the server, and we were at the back of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Loved the Cowboy Tacos, butOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2012Loved the Cowboy Tacos, but it doesn't need the beans and rice as an add on.Special Features:
- First time here. Waiter wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2012First time here. Waiter was attentive and food was good. Had clam chowder which was very good.Special Features:
- the service was horrible,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2012the service was horrible, they ran out of pizza for the kids it took over 45 minutes for us to get our food! The food was good....but took way to long. I had to ask 3 different times to get a refil on my pop.
- Bonfire Savage is our resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2012Bonfire Savage is our resturant staple, service & food is always great. The kids enjoy making their pizza experience & yummy ice cream!Special Features:
- Always great service. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012Always great service. Excellent food. Can be a bit noisy at suppertime.Special Features:
- Service was good, not alotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2012Service was good, not alot of people and rather quiet.
- Lunch was great. The serviceluv2dineVIPDined on 8/7/2012Lunch was great. The service was quick and food was delicious and filling. I had a crowdcut offer which our server honored without any questions or hassle. It was a great experience and we look forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- Bad foodRockinProfDined on 7/28/2012The halibut and salmon were chewy (over-cooked). The prime rib was tough and quite like what you should expect at a garden-variety buffet restaurant. The cheesy hash browns were a greasy, nasty mess. The Caesar salad was ok. The green beans were very good. The service was pretty good. The place has more of a sports bar feeling...not what my family and I were expecting. The manager comped both of the meals we sent back and both of the replacement meals b/c both were so bad.Special Features:
- The only thing We did notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2012The only thing We did not like was the menu change. You took away the burger choices. I was able to get the same burger I always order, but it is not on the menu anymore.Special Features:
- Had the kabobs, chicken wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/19/2012Had the kabobs, chicken was great, steak was dry and over cooked. We sat in the back of the restaurant, it was too dark to see the menu and food. Needs more lighting. Service was good. Live music was nice. Drink specials after 9pm.Special Features:
- Server was polite, howeverOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/15/2012Server was polite, however service was terrible. Food so/so and the overall dining was in my opinion poor. Too many better choices. Could be a great place, needs work.
- Good food and good service.FosterRevDined on 7/13/2012Good food and good service. It was a great experience for our family. Will definately be back. Thank you!Special Features:
- A/C not working, or workingOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/3/2012A/C not working, or working poorly, 100 degress outside and 80+ degrees inside. Check before going.
- Drinks were good, food wasTheOldManDined on 7/3/2012Drinks were good, food was outstanding (steak, bacon mashed potatoes and salad) and service was excellent. Likes the way the restaurant was set up and the bar was very busy.Special Features:
- Poor service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2012Service was poor. After asking for our bill, it took our waitress fifteen minutes to get it to us. We saw her standing at the bar talking to another employee. That was after waiting 20 minutes just to order because our waitress as nowhere to be found. Food was good and ambience was good. Have usually had good service.Special Features:
- My party loved their food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2012My party loved their food. Enjoyed the ambience too including great serviceSpecial Features:
- Great food, Love the happyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Great food, Love the happy hour deals on food and drinks. Did I say the food was great? Well it is.Special Features:
- Fathers Day FlopOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Went to Bon Fire on Fathers Day 2012. First...no Fathers Day specials? Or we were not told about them. My kids first ordered the chicken wings (with bone)...they hated them, I thought they were fantastic. We then ordered...I had the Ribeye (Nasty)...my wife had the fish tacos (cold)...my mother had the filet (potato was cold) and my kids had Pizza (no real comment...not good, not bad). In the past we went to the Bon Fire for a great food experience...not this time...Pretty bad, in fact, for the money we spent, I would look around. Steaks were in the $27-30 range...pretty high for the quality we received.Special Features: