Axel's Bonfire - Plymouth
3000 Harbor Lane
Plymouth, MN 55447Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Axel's Bonfire - Plymouth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.axelsbonfire.com/locations/mn/plymouth
- Phone: 7633987408
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Southwest, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Axel's Bonfire in Plymouth offers private dining for up to 150 guests. We specialize in creating memorable experiences for any occasion & are happy to assist in hosting groups of all sizes; from groom's dinners to receptions & corporate meetings to professional events.
- Private Party Contact: Kali Anderson 7634324664
- Entertainment: Live music every Saturday! http://axelsbonfire.com/live_music/calendar
A word from Axel's Bonfire - Plymouth
Located just outside the Twin Cities in the suburb of Plymouth, Bonfire has quickly become a neighborhood favorite! Guests see us as the ultimate friends and family gathering place, catering to every expectation and need - whether for business or just having a fun time. Serving Plymouth with our excellent American cuisine with a Southwestern flair, a grand variety of beverage choices, child-friendly menu, live music every Saturday night, and guest-oriented service leads to a memorable experience for all of our guests who dine with us.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Axel's Bonfire - Plymouth reviews from OpenTable diners
- Really great staff. We hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Really great staff. We had two energetic kids in our group of six and our server was EXTREMELY accommodating and made the event fun for the kids. We all appreciate this very much. I am very sad that this place is moving.Special Features:
- Very nice decor in there.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Very nice decor in there. Way too dark, couldn't read menu. Server was very pleasant. We went with 5 of us for Father's day, with one being handicapped. The only area in the restaurant that had a table big enough to fit us didn't have a server working over there. So they had to push 2 smaller round tables together. So that part wasn't very comfortable. Food was good!Special Features:
- food was great and love theirOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/8/2012food was great and love their different cocktails service for us was very, very slow. all around us was great service by different server's--we got the lemonSpecial Features:
- Sunday evening, Memorial weekend,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/27/2012Sunday evening, Memorial weekend, the restaurant was only 1/4 full. Food was good, some of it very good (especially desserts), but the entrees were high priced for only "good" food. Our server did a fabulous job but seemed to have been assigned way too much to take care of and the food take a LONG time to be served. A LONG time. All-in-all it was not a lost night but with so many other restaurants around...Special Features:
- Very enjoyable atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012Very enjoyable atmosphere and very good food. Two thumbs up for the "bontons" appetizer.Special Features:
- Food and service were wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/20/2012Food and service were wonderful. Make your own pizzas and sundaes were a GREAT HIT with the grandkids. It was perfect for our family celebration. We WILL be back.Special Features:
- I thought the buffet selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012I thought the buffet selection was very limited. Eggs were good but there was nothing to put on them (cheese would have been nice). Prime Rib was tough and hard to eat. The kids french toast sticks were so hard I had to use a knife to cut them. Server was great and helped make the day. We probably try the restaurant out just to see the regular menu, but not the buffet again.Special Features:
- I will not do a holiday mealJenniePDined on 5/13/2012I will not do a holiday meal here again. We were put in a horrible banquet room in the attached Comfort Inn. We weren't even in the restaurant. I spoke with reservations twice, and at no point did they ever tell me we wouldn't be in the restaurant. We walked past three or four empty tables as we were walked through the restaurant then out the door & down the hall. To add to the frustration, they added a 20% tip to our bill for a buffet. Isn't 15-18% standard as an addon? Finally they charged for the soda we ordered as it wasn't inclusion the buffet price. The whole thing was a disappointment & a rip off.
- I would come back for normalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012I would come back for normal dining (this was a Mother's Day Brunch) and give them a try because the wait staff was very good and the food was tasty. But the brunch was over-priced and a chaotic mess.Special Features:
- We were in a separate "banquetNicoleDined on 5/13/2012We were in a separate "banquet room". It was a long walk to the restaurant for my 90-year old grandmother with a cane and the set up was hard for her. Our reservation was for 11 am and they were not prepared for the large crowd. The food was good but 30% of the items were "out" when I went through the line. Our server didn't seem like a regular server but someone recruited for Mother's Day. She would take one drink order and then dash off instead of waiting to make one trip. She was fine when she was there but there were long waits between visits. We were a party of 14 so locked into 20% tip which is maddening when you have mediocre service.
- The brunch was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012The brunch was excellent! The person that out ate everyone was my 8 year old grandson! He also thought it was great. In addition to the food our server, in spite of it being busy, did an outstanding job.Special Features:
- Went there for Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012Went there for Mother's Day brunch. Food was nothing special.
- Our reservation was for themapmakerDined on 5/13/2012Our reservation was for the Mother's Day Brunch. We were seated at table at an intersection of busy walking paths. This was made worse by the generally cramped nature of the layout, such that people were actually walking on all sides of us to get around jams. There were other tables available. The food was pedestrian buffet fair. For the $25 price, I didn't feel it was a good deal. Axel's was clearly trying to maximize its customer volume on this particular day, rather than offering something special.Special Features:
- Wonderful Mothers' Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/13/2012What a great Mothers' Day brunch with many options, a great price, plenty of hot food and wonderful for families!Special Features:
- Great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2012Great food and service as all the other Axels live each one we've tried.
- We had a large group/11 andBobbDined on 5/5/2012We had a large group/11 and were pleased with the service. The food was consistently fair to lousy. Everything looked fine, but all the proteins were dry, bland and not what was expected. The only exception were the pizzas, both got good ratings.
- Asked for a spot to the side,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2012Asked for a spot to the side, it was a girls weekend and it was great near the fireplace ..not busy at the time we were there so waitress was great very interactive with us..made it specialSpecial Features:
- I didn't actually eat here.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2012I didn't actually eat here. I just met for a drink.
- The waitress was very nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/17/2012The waitress was very nice, friendly and helpful, BUT she hardly ever came to our table. We had to flag her down at least 2 times. It took 45 min to get our food and the restaurant was not very full at all. and the waitess never come over to our table during that 45 min.
- Highly recommend for birthdaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/14/2012Highly recommend for birthdays especially kids birthdays. Axels gives the birthday person an awesome freshly made giant choc chip cookie.with carmel drizzle and vanilla ice.cream. it.delish! And enough for.all to share. Hit.or miss with their food especially seafood/fish. Bull notes are a must! Great servers and a pleasant sinning experience.Special Features:
- Bad News BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/8/2012It was Easter brunch...but this isn't the 1st time they've done this here, so there shouldn't have been this many issues. 1. We were seated 15 min past our reservation. Ordinarily, not a big deal. But when we were seated, there were 10+ empty tables. No reason at all for this. 2. The food was either cold or overcooked. The eggs benedict (even the "fresh" pan) had hard boiled yolks. What? 3. I went to the buffet 2x before the server came by to see how things were. My drink had been empty the entire time. We had to ask for drink re-fills, the server didn't offer. Apparently my wife asked for water too often, so the server finally brought a pitcher over and slopped it on the table. Literally. Water went everywhere. We won't be back.
- Not for "Easter Brunch"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012I have enjoyed Axel’s location throughout the Twin Cities and have always had a good food and service. Felt this would be a great choice for an Easter Brunch…wrong! The Plymouth location treated bunch as an afterthought. There was not adequate room for the setup of the food stations and you had to walk over people to get what was cold and poor quality food at best. The “Brunch” was obviously there to just make a quick buck. Would never return and not recommend to anyone for Easter Brunch.
- We had a 2 PM reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/8/2012We had a 2 PM reservation for Easter brunch, they seated us at 2:45 PM in a banquet room in the adjoining hotel where we had about a block to walk to get to the buffet. It was a very disappointing experience. The food was fine, the service was OK but they overbooked and we were not told we would be seated in a different building when we confirmed our reservations. I would not go back to this restaurant.
- Upon arriving for Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/8/2012Upon arriving for Easter Brunch reservation which was for 2pm we were not seated until after 2:40, almost a full hour after our reservation time. Once seated our drink order was taken and we went to help ourselves to the buffet which we were greatly disappointed to finger was completely out of numerous entrees which were advertised as offerings and which were the only reason we chose this specific restaurant on this holiday occasion. There was no prime rib, salmon, or turkey all of which were listed as entrees when we asked about these selections we were simply told they ran out! One would think they would be prepared to serve the amount of people they accept reservations for especially since they had no problem charging $62 for 2 people!Special Features:
- Easter Brunch was wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/8/2012Easter Brunch was wonderful! There was a wide selection of both hot and cold foods. Loved the made to order omelettes. Desserts variety was very good. Waitress was friendly, courteous and attentive. This was our families first time for brunch here and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- We were at Axel's for EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012We were at Axel's for Easter Brunch and we really enjoyed it! The brunch line was well attended and HOT! Lots of great choices—we were a party of 8 (vegetarians included) and everyone left full and happy!!Special Features:
- Easter Sunday Buffet/BrunchDevineoneDined on 4/8/2012Easter Sunday Buffet/Brunch was one of the most versatile I've attended. Food could have been warmer if buffet lids were kept closed or heated more before placing out for public. Would like to have seen some tarter sauce next to the walleye, which was very good and also creamed horseradish sauce by the prime beef.Special Features:
- The food was good. It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2012The food was good. It was a buffet and there was nothing really special about the presentation. However, the stations made it easy for you to find the specific kinds of food. The server we had was fantastic. She was hustling to make certain that her tables had everything they needed.Special Features:
- We had Easter Brunch at Axel's.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2012We had Easter Brunch at Axel's. We were a group of 5 and we liked the booth that opened from both ends, so it was easy to go back and forth to the buffet. We thought the food was really good for a buffet. It was hectic as it was Easter, but we enjoyed ourselves and it felt like a special day.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch spot. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Excellent brunch spot. The selection was amazing, the food was great and the staff did a wonderful job of taking care of all ages. Will return!Special Features:
- Had a wonderful Easter brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/8/2012Had a wonderful Easter brunch experience here several years ago - this was a mediocre follow-up. I don't know what the combination was - where we were seated, the make-up of the crowd, or what - but things seemed a bit more disjointed, and the food not as carefully prepared and presented. The place is very good for off-the-menu dining, but this particular experience was not at all memorable.Special Features:
- Thank you guys for the wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2012Thank you guys for the wonderful Easter Brunch. We really enjoyed it. Easter Bunny was a hit with our daughter. Great job.Special Features:
- Unfortunately, this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/30/2012Unfortunately, this restaurant has closed. I understand they are looking for another location in the western suburbs!
- The evening we went it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2012The evening we went it was like the cook just quit,,poutine came without gravy,,it was then returned to us with way overcooked fries,,everything else just ok,,probably won't be back,,
- Service was great, very attentive.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/18/2012Service was great, very attentive. We were able to have a great visit, we didn't feel rushed to leave.Special Features:
- We had a going away partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/17/2012We had a going away party for someone and there was a group of 11. The table was perfect, we were in a "not too loud" space. One of our party was in a wheelchair and they had that place ready with no chair, per my request. The food was great, ambiance great, overall we were very pleased.Special Features:
- My husband and I had beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/17/2012My husband and I had been to Axel's before so we knew we'd probably not be disappointed. We met our friends from St. Paul there to celebrate my birthday and my girlfriend's birthday, both born on the same day. Our friends were impressed and we especially loved getting the birthday treat of a giant cookie with ice cream, caramel and chocolate drizzle, whipped cream with a strawberry and of course, a lit candle! It was such a nice touch to end the meal. Our server was SO friendly and courteous. Will DEFINITELY go there again AND recommend it to our friends. Thanks, Axel's!Special Features:
- Great food, good environment,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2012Great food, good environment, but the server missed several things we asked for. Overall a decent experience. Might go back.Special Features:
- We went with two other couplesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012We went with two other couples so there was six of us. Several of us had been to Axel's Bonfire in the past but it had been a long time. I thought the on line reservation was wonderful and very convenient. When we got to the restaurant it was not very busy but still nice to have a reservation. I thought the food was very good, but was a little surprised at the menu and am not really sure why. I was thinking there might have been more of a selection, however there was plenty to choose from and everything looked good. Our waiter was excellent and was very knowledgeable when asked but not pushy and did a very nice job of checking on us throughout with out interrupting our conversations. A very nice experience.Special Features:
- It was loud and busy and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012It was loud and busy and the restaurant is super dark, and not in a good way. The food was great.Special Features: