Axel's Bonfire - Eagan
1555 Cliff Rd
Eagan, MN 55121Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Axel's Bonfire - Eagan
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.axelsbonfire.com/
- Phone: 6514520200
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music every Wednesday night from 9:00-12:00am.
A word from Axel's Bonfire - Eagan
Axel’s Bonfire, commonly known as Bonfire, features real wood-fired cooking giving the food its rich and distinctive grilled flavor. The relaxed, inviting atmosphere is a perfect backdrop for festive, flavorful American cuisine with a unique Southwest flair. Focusing on quality and freshness, Bonfire prefers to purchase ingredients locally and all food is Trans- fat free and prepared from scratch, including sauces and dressings. The family-friendly restaurant’s signature items include wood-fired pizza, spit-roasted meat, sizzling fajitas, salads, pastas and make-your-own pizzas for kids.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Axel's Bonfire - Eagan reviews from OpenTable diners
- We were seated right awayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/7/2012We were seated right away but waited over 35 minutes for our food to be served. We didn't receive any explanation for the delay until we complained. After our food was delivered the manager came by and still wasn't apologetic. We visit this location many times and have seen the quality of service and food decline over the last 6-12 months. We will really reconsider eating here again.
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/2/2012We were very disappointed with our recent visit to your restaurant. The food was mediocre at best, the service was slow despite the fact the restaurant was not busy, the table was sticky,and there was no silverware on the table. All of this and we had made a reservation. We were there for a special night with family and our experience was anything but. We will not be returning. This was not the same restaurant we last visited in January.
- We have been to Bonfire manyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/2/2012We have been to Bonfire many times; our most recent visit was brunch with Santa. My son enjoyed it very much and our food (buffet) was excellent. A great value.Special Features:
- Took my kids to their SantaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/2/2012Took my kids to their Santa brunch, it was a great event, my kids had fun and the santa was great.
- We went for the Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/2/2012We went for the Sunday Brunch and Santa was there to visit with the kids. The food was good and the Santa visit the best we've ever had. Great job by our waitress. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- We previously have been toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/23/2012We previously have been to Axel's Bonfire in Eagan. We really like the place. We go for early dinner with our son, his wife and their two daughters. The kids' menu is very good, and the children like the "build your own sundae". From 4 to 6 p.m. on weekdays, pizzas and appetizers are half price. We order some pizza and some appetizers, which are quite hearty. We always leave a good tip -- 20% or more of what the price would have been without the half-price specials.Special Features:
- I'd go back to Axel's Bonfire-EaganOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Good food, a little loud for our group of six to easily converse. Overall, a good experience.
- Great food, but we had a horribleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2012Great food, but we had a horrible experience with our check. The waitress split our bill without asking and when we asked her to fix it-it took her 30 minutes to finally get a resolution.Special Features:
- We have come to eat here frequentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2012We have come to eat here frequently, for happy hour pizza's, (which are delicious), Sunday brunch, and dinner and have always been well pleased with the food and service.Special Features:
- The team was not on theirOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012The team was not on their game. Entree came on top of the salads (30 seconds later) and the wine which was ordered at when we arrived didn't show up until the end of the meal. The manager was apathetic and not sincere. The filet was tough and no one ever came back to the table to check if our food was properly cooked.
- Good food, as always. We wentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2012Good food, as always. We went to celebrate our granddaughters' birthdays. Each had a birthday this week -- age 9 for one and 6 for the other. As a treat from the restaurant, they received a birthday cake with Happy Birthday! written in strawberry syrup.Special Features:
- Great food, waitress was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Great food, waitress was very energetic and took good care of us.Special Features:
- The service was great andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/13/2012The service was great and the food was excellent. I am gluten intolerant and the server was very knowledgeable. I had the sirloin with green beans and baked potato. My husband had the beef medallions wrapped in bacon with the smashed potatoes. We both started with a salad. Very good.Special Features:
- I was there for lunch, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/9/2012I was there for lunch, and it was very empty--therfore the noise level was very low. (maybe only 4 tables were filled)Special Features:
- We liked the over-all experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2012We liked the over-all experience at this Axel/s Bonfire. The food was good but we probably would try some other items next time. While the food was good, it wasn't outstanding. The service was attentive and efficient.Special Features:
- It was ok. Nothing special.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012It was ok. Nothing special. Prices were a little high for what you get.
- Our waitress was so nic.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2012Our waitress was so nic. Very clean an the Decor was very nice. Enjoyable lunchinSpecial Features:
- We love Bonfire! When theyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2012We love Bonfire! When they rotated my favorite off the menu, they made it for me still. Great kid place on Sunday nights with the best balloon guy ever! Great food and great atmosphere!Special Features:
- Was a little disappointedmnsheDined on 9/13/2012Was a little disappointed in the food this time. My medium rare steak was medium. The baked potato had clearly been reheated at least a few times before it became mine. Restaurant was not overly busy, so I was surprised that the chef didn't take more time with preparing things properly.
- Great food, slow service.Keam0201Dined on 9/6/2012Despite being one of the only groups in the restaurant on a weeknight, we received extremely SLOW service. The waiter was polite but forgot drinks, was slow to take orders and then slow to close out our tab. Great food and atmosphere. Maybe just a fluke with the server that evening.Special Features:
- It appeared there want enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2012It appeared there want enough people working outside..we waited for our drinks and food longer than we should. There were also repairs that needed to be done..
- Two thinbs way up!faye1960Dined on 8/31/2012Betsy, our server, was extremely friendly....even got us the recipe for our fav martini. We had to promise to come back and drink more! We've been there a few times, but deicded this would be our "go to" restuarant, when we wanted to go out at the last minute. Lots of grat options and the pricing is great. highly recommend.Special Features:
- Met our expectations for aldgaffVIPDined on 8/12/2012Met our expectations for a nice dinner without spending a huge amount of money.Special Features:
- Felt the portions were a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012Felt the portions were a little on the small side for the price of the entrees.Special Features:
- they ran out 2 bees that wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2012they ran out 2 bees that were "on the menu" but were not then available.
- DissatisfiedAmazingVIPDined on 7/6/2012My wife and I visit your restaurant frequently.There were four of us that attended. All three of the other meals were served except mine (kabobs). When I was finally served mine (5 minutes) later, it was over cooked (burnt). I made the server aware, and she agreed I had ordered them medium. She apologized, asked would I like to order something else I said yes. The server then waited on other tables and I had to get my own menu. When she returned, I ordered, the MOD then came over and apologized and said they would expedite my order. My order finally came in the same amount of time, everyone else had finished, and it wasn't what I ordered. For all this, I was comped a glass of wine. I would have thought there would have been better recoverSpecial Features:
- We had a party of around 15OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012We had a party of around 15 and things went very smoothly. Everyone I talked to enjoyed the experience.Special Features:
- After ordering the Pizza MargheritaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/30/2012After ordering the Pizza Margherita several times over the coarse of the year, it comes out differently each time. Sometimes it's great and about 1/2 the time it's dry and mostly crust. I don't know how cooking a pizza can be so inconsistent. We also ordered a Surf and Turf that seemed overpriced for what you got...4 little shrimp on a skewer and a little bit of beef with mashed potatoes and overcooked vegetables for 27.95. Will not order either again. The service was good and apologized when they forgot to bring a salad that we had ordered.
- We had a great time. Had aPabloeatsVIPDined on 6/28/2012We had a great time. Had a variety of appetizers and were excellent.Special Features:
- Love Bonfire - my husbandsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2012Love Bonfire - my husbands favorite. We celebrated out anniversary with our kids.Special Features:
- Good service, good food, unfortunatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Good service, good food, unfortunately had to endure children with no manners and parents with no clue.
- Went for Father's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2012Went for Father's Day brunch buffet. Was very disappointed in number of buffet options and that most food was out for 15-20 minutes before being restocked. This was at 1145am and restaurant was only about two-thirds full.
- Friendly and courteous staff,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2012Friendly and courteous staff, refreshing bar drinks, and terrific tasting food with a diverse menu. Will add to our list of favorite eateries in the Twin Cities!Special Features:
- We had a nice time, and experiencedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2012We had a nice time, and experienced great service! Two of the folks in our party ordered plain burgers which are not on the menu and the server was happy to oblige. Portions are very generous and food is very tasty.Special Features:
- We were a party of 12 celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/2/2012We were a party of 12 celebrating a 65th birthday. The service was fantastic and the food was wonderful. I wish we could have all sat at a round table to make conversation easier, but otherwise everything was superb. Thank you for a terrific experience.Special Features:
- We went to Axel's BonfireOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2012We went to Axel's Bonfire with a group of nine. We were seated promptly and all enjoyed our food. The service was a bit sluggish, but friendly. The only gripe I had was that the "plain" margaritas two people ordered ended up costing $9.50 each. That seemed quite expensive.Special Features:
- Over priced for what you get.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2012Over priced for what you get. Much better restaurants out there for the money!
- Fixed the problem, but.....OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2012We've been going to the bonfire for over eight years, and during that time there have been occasional mistakes with our meals, but the staff always made sure to correct the problem and to offer something extra for our troubles. That was not the case this time around. My husband's ribeye was practically raw, and rather than take the entire plate, fix the problem, and allow him to eat his entire meal in one sitting, they took the steak and left him with his side dishes to get cold. He wanted to eat the side dishes with his steak. They fixed the steak but offered nothing to compensate for the delay. I was finished with my meal by the time his steak arrived and he had to eat alone. In the past, he would have been offered something.Special Features:
- Cannot speak 4 outdoor diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/17/2012Cannot speak 4 outdoor dining as it wasn't an evening fit 4 that....R waitress was very good. She was extremely busy & handled that the best that she could &, it was just fine. There were 4 of us & we ordered Margarita Pizza, house salad, beef medallions, walleye fingers...Everyone enjoyed their entree.... We all would return - Had a fun time...Special Features:
- Great atmosphere and the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Great atmosphere and the food was fantastic! Definitely will be back soonSpecial Features: