Axel's Bonfire - Blaine
4365 Pheasant Ridge Dr. NE
Blaine, MN 55449Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Axel's Bonfire - Blaine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.axelsbonfire.com/locations/mn/blaine
- Phone: 7633982475
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Wood room can host a semi-private party up to 30 guests comfortably. We are able to customize the perfect menu to fit your guests taste and needs.
- Private Party Contact: Tony Bullock 8776259035
A word from Axel's Bonfire - Blaine
Axel’s Bonfire, commonly known as Bonfire, features real wood-fired cooking giving the food its rich and distinctive grilled flavor. The relaxed, inviting atmosphere is a perfect backdrop for festive, flavorful American cuisine with a unique Southwest flair. Focusing on quality and freshness, Bonfire prefers to purchase ingredients locally and all food is Trans- fat free and prepared from scratch, including sauces and dressings. The family-friendly restaurant’s signature items include wood-fired pizza, spit-roasted meat, sizzling fajitas, salads, pastas and make-your-own pizzas for kids.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Axel's Bonfire - Blaine reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food and service was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/18/2012Food and service was excellent, however, the noise level makes it difficult to talk across the table.Special Features:
- loved being able to make reservatioOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012loved being able to make reservations online...and getting updates.Special Features:
- Most of the food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012Most of the food was good, one thing that failed was the steak medallions The filet was not very tender and usually filet is very tender Fajitas were goodSpecial Features:
- Not so great birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012My first time there, I have to say I was disappointed being my husband made reservations for my b-day with a party of five. Nobody went out of there way to ask if we were celebrating something special. They sat us by the window that was a little cool, and at a table you would eat at in a bar, high up. I wasn't impressed and probably wouldn't return.Special Features:
- Perfect spot for meeting theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Perfect spot for meeting the sibs for a pre-Christmas lunch. No one has to clean their house and everyone gets a meal they like! We ended up getting a table in front of the fireplace in the fireplace room. Nice! The meal was fabulous, the walleye is recommended.Special Features:
- food was excellent as always,sandinaDined on 12/7/2012food was excellent as always, but the service was less than desireable. took 35 min to get our drink orders and another 40 min to get our appetizers which came out with our dinner. but the food tasted excellent and the drinks were supurb.Special Features:
- Service was spectacular. ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/5/2012Service was spectacular. Manager went above and beyond to make sure our food was right.Special Features:
- The service was great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012The service was great. The place had a warm heart feeling, where anyone could feel comfortable. The Chicken lettuce wraps had flavor that made me want more. The only issue we had were the steaks. Great flavor, but not done right. Ordered med. rare, received med. well. Did not have time to send back!Special Features:
- Food was average/good. I feltOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2012Food was average/good. I felt it was on the high end for price for what you got and lack a unique taste. Wait staff was nice. Very open which gave for a great view of the place but being so open left it loud and could easily over hear others conversations. When I made the reservation, I asked for a table not a booth and when I checked in they brought me right to a booth. I asked for a table and there was none available. I felt if they should be checking their online reservations more so they can plan accordingly.
- 1st Annivesary with AxelOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Came here for my first anniversary. Was seated instantly, a waiter was at our table within 15 secs. Throughout the night I didn't have to ask once for a refill on my cherry coke. When he saw that my glass was 1/4 full I would see a new one within a minute. Food was pretty good I had the Bonfire Fettuccine.I was disappointed when I saw my pasta only have about 4 pieces of shrimp and two of them having tails on them, and about 5 slices of sausage. To counter that I took off the tails myself and broke each piece of shrimp down to 3 pieces and mixed it up. The sausage is unnecessary in my opinion but I can say its different.My Gf had the fajitas that were excellent. Strawberry lemonade was excellent. Spent $41 on two people Plus tip $50.Special Features:
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012The food is not your typical flavors and that makes it special. Im impressed as alwaysSpecial Features:
- I was there with a friendOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012I was there with a friend for his birthday. He was thrilled with the menu, especially the fresh guacamole and pork carnitas. Our water, Elliot was very helpful and attentive, yet gave us our space to visit. I have been to Axel's before for several special occasions and enjoy the rustic feel of the restaurant and find that the menu is very diverse and reasonably priced. Thank youSpecial Features:
- A GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE CLOSE BYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/16/2012I took 4 of my sisters to Axel's to celebrate a birthday with dinner. Positive comments all the way around the table!! Loved that you have ROUND tables which allow for much better conversation with a group. The food was great and your happy hour is FABULOUS. This is something so many restaurants do poorly but you offer drink and food deals which make it very appealing! So glad you are close by for dining.Special Features:
- Six of us enjoyed very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2012Six of us enjoyed very good food and great service. Very comfortable! We will most definatly meet there again. Order the carrot cake. Our server was over the top terrific!Special Features:
- Great Evening OutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012Everything was great. Reservation was timely, service great and the food was delicious. The server was willing to change the sauce on the salmon, as I don't like jalepenos. The only thing to be aware of before you go is that is it quite spendy. Also, it wasn't so loud that you couldn't hear the other person talking. Big plus!Special Features:
- The only complaint I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/9/2012The only complaint I have is that although I made reservations on the website and received confirmations the hostess did not have my reservation when I showed up to the restaurant. The good thing was that it was not busy during the lunch hour and we were able to get in right away.Special Features:
- Great food, service couldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/3/2012Great food, service could be bettter, not bad over all. I would come back again.Special Features:
- Must Visit!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012I came for lunch and a blind-date dinner that same day! We had a wonderful time and it is my new favorite spot to meet with family, friends, and a date! Will be back often! TracySpecial Features:
- Not a Fan.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012This is not the greated place for conversation in a large group. Lot's of "warehouse" noice, i.e. Loud music, people talk louder. It's a pretty place with a fair menu but I wouldn't call it a hot spot or go there again for a special event. We had to shout at each other (across the table). I had bull bites and coconut shrimp, both were overdone. The Brandy Manhattan was a little watered down and they didn't do a "Neat" Jameson (they did it straight up) and that is on a bartender not knowing the diff. So, I wouldn't go there again.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2012I like the food and the ambiance, it is casual but very atractive decor, relaxed, and the staff and food are consistently good (I go there alot).Special Features:
- Had an overall wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Had an overall wonderful experience! My fiance and I had never been here before and he decided to take me here for my birthday! Our waitress was amazing! Had great food and would eat here again! My only complaint was the disorganized hostess area. We had reservations and still had to wait 20 mins or so while others were seated before us (when we had arrived before them AND we had reservations). Basically there seemed to be 3 different girls hanging out in the hostess area. They were so disorganized that they had forgotten about us til I rudely complained to them about it! Besides that, everything else was amazing which made up for it!Special Features:
- SERVICE WAS ADEQUATE. HADOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012SERVICE WAS ADEQUATE. HAD TO WAIT FOR RESERVATION PAST THE TIME RESERVED EVEN THE ESTABLISHMENT WAS HALF FULL. ???????? WE PURPOSELY DO NOT BUY DRINKS WHILE WAITING FOR A TABLE WHICH IS WHAT YOU WANT.
- Food was great and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2012Food was great and ambiance was good. We visited on a Tuesday night, so not sure how the weekend scene is. Would definitely go back to try something else off the menu - lots of different options for all sorts of people's tastes.
- excellent food and lunch specials!!sandinaDined on 10/22/2012excellent food and lunch specials!! thanks for the experienceSpecial Features:
- delicious food with a nicesandinaDined on 10/21/2012delicious food with a nice southwest flair!!! excellentSpecial Features:
- A Bad DayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/20/2012Waiter never told us it was happy hour. Told another couple who came in it was. Then it was too late to get happy hour prices for our wine. I had to ask the waiter a second time for my wine. Ordered the fish and steak. Potatoes and green beans were luke warm at best. The fish and steak were wonderful. Had been here once before with a work group and everything was great, so maybe they were having a bad day?Special Features:
- Axel's Bonfire - the local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012The atmophere was great, this was our first visit, and we were doing it for our anniversary. The food was GREAT! Great selection, when served the food was hot and delicious! We are already planning our next trip back!Special Features:
- Small Group OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2012I will clarify the rating on service - it was poor because it took us forever to get waited on (35 minutes) and it took forever to get specialty drinks from the bar (no fault of the server). Once we had someone waiting on us - she was fantastic and did a great job, if I were only rating her, she'd get the full 5 Stars. The food is always very good, however the bull bites were a bit overdone this visit which was noticed by a few in our group. We had the semi-private room with the fireplace which was outstanding. It is a cozy nook and really we didn't even notice that it was semi-private, our group was having so much fun chatting, drinking, and eating.Special Features:
- TracyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2012We had a group of 35 people. We were in and out in just over an hour!!! Our food was excellent and our service couldn't have been better!Special Features:
- Good food, but service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012Good food, but service was slow. Great environment for kids though!Special Features:
- InconsistentFoodIsMyHobbyDined on 10/13/2012If this was the first time we had ever gone, I wouldn't think to go back. It wasn’t bad; but it wasn’t great. We are frequent diners here and the staff seems to have been completely turned over. Even though we mentioned we had been there several times when she asked, the server kept making suggestions for apps, drinks, meals and then tried signing us up for the rewards program we are already a member of, all very robotically. The food seems to be inconsistent. Sometimes it is stellar other times mediocre. There should be more consistency.
- excellent service, great foodsandinaDined on 10/6/2012excellent service, great food and wonderful atmosphere!!Special Features:
- We enjoyed our dinner at Axel's.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012We enjoyed our dinner at Axel's. The Shrimp Alfredo was delicious and my husband liked the Walleye as well. The service was good and our meal was delivered in a timely manner. We would certainly come back and enjoy another meal at Axel's in Blaine.Special Features:
- WE were there for a meetingJoAnnVIPDined on 10/3/2012WE were there for a meeting - the staff accommodated us well and made sure we were well taken care of. Food is always pretty good!Special Features:
- We frequent Axels quite oftenhoneymoonersDined on 9/29/2012We frequent Axels quite often and are never disappointed. However, we do wish you would bring back your poutine and those delicious szechwan green bean appetizer. But we were very impressed by your new sweet potato fry appetizer. Thanks for another great date night!Special Features:
- Axel's was great as always.Djm1923Dined on 9/29/2012Axel's was great as always. Had a large group and everyone enjoyed the good food and service.
- delicious happy hoursandinaDined on 9/27/2012we went for happy hour half priced pizza and appetizers with 2 for one rails. the waitress was training a new employee. they were both very prompt, friendly, and pleasant. thanks again for the excellent service!Special Features:
- Loud but decentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/25/2012Our service was had to rank because it was our server's 2nd day, but that aside everything was fine. Food was good and cocktails were alright but a little over-sweet. My only complaint was that the place was REALLY loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I thought the food was great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012I thought the food was great!!! I dont think anybody ate something that wasnt great. The setting was nice, and it wasnt to loud. The only bad thing was our waitress was kinda snobby, but as the night went on she got better.Special Features:
- Julie NelsenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2012My husband and I enjoyed dinner for our 21st Anniversary. We both had the steak and walleye combo and enjoyed it. Good service, good drinks and they were nice enough to set us by the fireplace and turn in on for us.