1900 Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
PolynesianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.buenavistapalace.com/services_and_activities/dining.cfm
- Phone: 407-827-3430
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday -Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm / Friday and Saturday 5:30pm to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Polynesian
- Executive Chef: Ruben Agusto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Regina Cayaban 407-827-3414
A word from Avu-Avu
Enjoy a spectacular meal featuring Island inspired cuisine in Avu-Avu. Watch as our Chefs prepare our signature skewers of savory beef, chicken and shrimp alongside flavorful dishes of the Islands. Delight your senses with our innovative cocktails,and cap of the night with our signature Caramelized Pineapple Coconut Milk Cake. Transport yourself to the Island lifestyle with an unforgettable dinner in Avu-Avu!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Avu-Avu reviews from OpenTable diners
- Family GatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013We ate at Avu Avu for our last night of a week-long Disney Experience. Beginning with the orientation walk past the grill, we were given accurate information about the menu. Mario, the manager, was a pleasant and engaging host, and John could not have taken better care of our party. Our family ranged in age from 3 years and up and the service was grand for all. Our food was excellent and nothing that I tasted, from starters to the entrée, was anything but outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Time for Couples or FamiliesOrland4626Dined on 12/6/2013The food here is great. The portions are very generous. The staff is outstanding. The wine list is good, nothing outstanding. I would like to see a better selection of desserts on the menu. Overall, this is a must dine place in Orlando.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Concerns-Excellent ServiceSalvatoreDined on 11/30/2013This restaurant is a great place for a special occasion. The service was excellent and very attentive; especially in attending to the disappointing food quality concerns. Unfortunately, our skewer dinners were overtly seasoned and burnt in several attempts, and the freshness of the same was below par for a restaurant that projects a fine dining experience coupled with a commensurate pricing scale. The different sauces were excellent and provided a great taste. I believe the Manager showed class and asserted an excellent job in achieving the success of the restaurant, as he addressed issues with the cook(s). To this end, the verdict is still out on this restaurant. I am hopeful he can turn this around.Special Features:
- Skip this one!EParksDined on 11/29/2013I was not impressed at all with the food or service of this restaurant and it certainly doesn't meet the standard of the Buena Vista Palace that it is within. The decor could use a serious overhaul as well.
- Do I Avu HAvu to eat here?RajHDined on 11/28/2013This wasn't my most memorable dining experience by any means. The food was super expensive which is to be expected since it is located in a Disney Hotel, but my problem was that they were advertising this exotic shish kabob experience with amazing skewers grilled right in front of you. That turned out to mean an open kitchen that we could kind of see from our table. The food wasn't amazing by any means. The sirloin skewers were decent, but the rest of the food was very average to sub par. The waitress and service was great which is normally what you can expect from Disney hotels and restaurants. All in all, I wouldn't discourage you from eating here. The food isn't garbage, just expensive for what we're used to getting at that price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday Dinner!classyklbDined on 11/22/2013We had a great time. The service was excellent. Our steaks were both way over cooked…but we would go back and just order differently next time. The dessert was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hotel restaurantSFLMomDined on 10/26/2013I wanted to try the restaurant in our hotel, the Buena Vista Palace, so I asked the front desk if Avu-Avu was kid-friendly, they said yes and then gave me a 20% off coupon for dinner. They had a decent kid's menu and the adult meal offerings looked great. Settling on the sirloin skewers with coconut rice and steamed broccoli, I enjoyed my meal very much. The meat was cooked perfectly to medium and portions were just right. I ordered the pumpkin creme brulee for dessert and it was very good. Also, the kid's cookie was huge (and tasty). The service was friendly and efficient. I will definitely be back to try their other offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice atmosphereJimboDined on 10/18/2013We were gifted a certificate to Avu-Avu and really enjoyed this gem of a find. Close to Disney Marketplace, this hotel restaurant awed us with it's very interesting decor as we walked down the long winding stairs to the restaurant. The staff was very professional and not invasive. We even had our 4 year old grandson with us who enjoyed watching the Koy fish in the pond next to our table. Do yourself a favor and try it.Special Features:
- best place everMikeDined on 10/12/2013Did not know what to expect. Found friendly staff, great staff, food and atmosphere. Did not have our first choice of wine and picked a up the tab on our bottle. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not vary descriptiveNitrous2007Dined on 9/1/2013Food was not vary descriptive you think are getting one food another comes out they say they ran out of a certain food but as you leave that foods is still being servedSpecial Features:
- We ended up not eating atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013We ended up not eating at Avu Avu because they changed their menu to a VERY expensive non buffet restaurant...also the staff were not friendly so we left.Special Features:
- menu researchMenehuneDined on 7/20/2013Nice restaurant atmosphere please read the menu carefully and detailed options that you chose each side order and side food is listed insure that you realize what all intels in that menu item before ordering very good food once the food comes out presentation is nice um and also tasty little expensive but tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wrong advertisingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2013We were sold on all you can and that's not the case anymore food is less than averageSpecial Features:
- OverpricedVacay2013Dined on 6/25/2013I really have nothing to complain about except the price. We got in and seated, service was fine, and the food was good. Together we had a steak and shrimp skewer with rice, a pork skewer with noodles, each a side of vegetables, a coke, and a tea, and a slice of pie (one slice total). With a 15% tip, the total was over $80!!!!! To compare, the next night we ate at Outback. Paid less than $40 for the following: 2 dinner salads, a loaf of bread, 2 teas, 2 steaks, a sweet potato, a side of green beans, and a dessert to share. The service there was great and the food came quicker than we could finish what we were already eating. In short, we would NOT recommend Avu-Avu to a friend unless that friend had a lot of money to waste!
- Competition for OhanaChrissyBDined on 6/22/2013Avu-Avu gives Ohana some competition. We found the quality of the food at Avu-Avu better, but would have enjoyed the variety of the all you can eat option (which they recently discontinued). We would dine here again if nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable ChangesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013No longer have the buffet menu and food presentation is not what I saw in pictures. The food was very good but do not expect a scrumptious meal. Service was excellent and I still enjoyed my dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Skewers are Off the Chart!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2013Pork, Beef and Chicken skewers are excellent! All you can eat for one price. Don't forget to use your 10% off coupon in your hotel folder if you are staying at the Buena Vista Palace. Also, if you are a drinker, try the Rumrunner.....sneaks up on you.Special Features:
- Very averageMnredwingDined on 6/13/2013Potstickers and rib bites were good. Salad was good. Noodles were better than good. Chicken was better than good. Steak was ok. Pork was ok. Shrimp was ok to good. Dessert was best part of meal. Service was very good. I would not go back again, nor would I recommend it to a friend.
- DisappointedJennDined on 6/11/2013Way overpriced. We could have eaten on the Disney grounds for cheaper. We got the big feast, I was disappointed with the meats. The steak was chewy. The pork was fatty( I thought it would be more of a pork tenderloin). The chicken and shrimp were the best, but I wasn't amazed by them. The salad was ok as well, but my favorite thing was the desert. And I must say it was excellent. I expected way more than what we got. I will not be returning to Avu-Avu, nor will I recommend it.
- A must while in OrlandoBrewDined on 5/31/2013From the time we walked in we knew we were in for a special treat. Our first course was perfectly cooked riblets and pot stickers. It arrived with 3 different sauces, Mango, ginger and spicy soy which we could not figure out what our favorite sauce was. Second course was a salad with fresh mixed greens and chinese crackers for croutons with a ginger dressing. Up next was our Udon noodles with broccoli and then came the meat. Sirloin, chicken, shrimp and pork all with their distinct taste cooked over a fire and served off of skewers. All you can eat! We heard from friends about the desert so we saved room. OMG, it was to die for. Pineapple caramel cake with coconut milk. Can't say enough about the desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cant wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/25/2013Soo much food. a friend of mine is a big eater n he loved it. All of us want to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great trip. Almost perfectcrazyandroidDined on 5/25/2013Our only complaint was that the lighting was too dim. We couldn't see each other or the menu. Food and service were top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good and better than 'Ohana!mrittyDined on 4/26/2013We went to this restaurant because it is so similar to constant Disney World favorite "'Ohana". We wanted to see how it compared. I'm pleased to say it beats 'Ohana on a number of categories. First and foremost, the service is OUTSTANDING. We had 2 or 3 servers constantly refilling our drinks, replenishing our plates, asking if we wanted anything else. The pot stickers and salad were just a *bit* under 'Ohana's standard, but not much. We do like that AvuAvu still offers three different sauces, but wish one of them was a peanut sauce. The meats - steak, pork, and chicken - were all delicious, hot, plentiful. And the shrimp beat 'Ohana in a very big way - they're peeled. I even liked the Pineapple cake better than 'Ohana's bread pudding!Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013We had an outstanding dinner here with a larger group of 7 including kids! The server combo was great and the style of good server made the night enjoyable also. We ate the family style service, which we all enjoyed from the salad, to the appetizer, to the main course, including dessert. Every item of food was great. We live within 5 miles and will surely return!!Special Features:
- Good Meats - but no 'OhanaOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/19/2013My wife and I tried Avu-Avu as the menu seemed very similar to Disney's 'Ohana. Disney doesn't have much to worry about. While Avu-Avu was nice, it can't compare. We were disappointed that the Welcome dish (Edamame Dip & Chips) has been removed. The dumplings are your standard potsticker with not much flavor. The rib bites were very overcooked and tough to eat. The dipping sauces helped quite a bit. The salad is very nice. The vinaigrette is very tasty and the rice crackers are unique. The only thing really going for Avu-Avu is the meats. They are delicious! 'Ohana's tend to be a bit dry. Not so here. Dessert was good - but not exceptional.Special Features:
- The chicken dumplings wereTTherrienDined on 4/16/2013The chicken dumplings were the only food that was O.K. The rest of the food was terrible. The meats and fish were over cooked and dry. The wine selection was poor.
- Food was very good. All youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013Food was very good. All you can eat. Loved the shrimp.Special Features:
- Excellent concept, superbGwisFamVIPDined on 4/10/2013Excellent concept, superb service, and great food. Love the option for skewers to come to your table after appetizers and salad... the ending with a pineapple cake was outstanding.Was fun and comfortable....great for a dinner with my husband yet entertaining enough for a 3 year old.Special Features:
- I was disappointed. The menuOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2013I was disappointed. The menu lacked variety. There was no bread. There was a door net to our table slightly open which created an unpleasant draft.
- THIS WAS A GREAT FIND. I TOOKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013THIS WAS A GREAT FIND. I TOOK MY 2 DAUGHTERS AND THEIR HUSBANDS AND THEY RAVED ABOUT THE WHOLE EVENING.Special Features:
- We used to eat at Outback!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013We used to eat at Outback! Great transition! Management was incredible our server, Rachid was an amazing server or shall I say "cousin!" I must say this, I ate Ohana's Restaurant and Avu-Avu has demolished them! Even though it's a fairly new, but EVERYTHING is freshly made and NOT recooked like Ohana's! They even have a beautiful Pacific-Style theme, nice waterfall, and I love the South Pacific/ Tropical Island music (it goes with the flow of the restaurant! I had a party of 4 and I was intentionally thinking the is an "All you want to eat Menu," This black-haired young lady manager, explain everything I detail. She was very helpful because one friend Gluten-Free and her husband is a vegetarian. Very accommodating for our special needs!!Special Features:
- We really enjoyed Avu-Avu.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013We really enjoyed Avu-Avu. My sister in law in from Brazil and thought the open kitchen was very authentic. The food was very good. The only problem was that we filled up on the appetizers ( I think it was intended ) because we were so hungry and didnt get to really enjoy the meats that were served. Overall, the experience was great. The wait staff was very friendly and accomodating. If we are ever back at the hotel again, I would definitely have dinner at Avu-Avu again. I highly recommend!Special Features:
- Was very dim and quiet. IOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/22/2013Was very dim and quiet. I was expecting a Polynesian ceremony with maybe some Hawaiian music and entertainment. instead the staff was friendly but laid back, and there was elevator music pumping through the building.Special Features:
- yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Great Polynesian all you can eat buffet. Potstickers, chai ribs, chicken, pork, steak and shrimp!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food average serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/14/2013The food was great, very flavorful and fun. Service started off really well... Our foods got to us in a timely fashion, and then for whatever reason our service just died off. They brought us all the different skewers, but after that, we were waiting probably 20 minutes before we could get a server's attention. We asked for another round of meats, and waited another 20 minutes before a server finally asked if we were finished with our plates. The whole time the restaurant was not busy, there were two other tables in my section. For such a nice restaurant I was expecting a lot more than the bare minimum service.Special Features:
- The food was amazing. If youOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013The food was amazing. If you left there hungry, it was your own fault for not enjoying the numerous plates of food brought to you. Despite this, the service was sub par. It should never take two hours for a "family style buffet" dinner to occur. The restaurant was less than half full, yes we waited numerous times for servers to bring food, refill our water, bring the check. If youre not in a rush, and want a place to sit and chat with friends without being bothered by noisy neighbors, this is the place. If youre looking for a quick meal, I'd suggest going somewhere at Downtown Disney which is basically right across the street.Special Features:
- Everything about our diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/1/2013Everything about our dining experience was top notch. We had to call the restaurante prior to get directions, and one of the waters was taking care of our table ended up recognizing my voice and even remembered my first and last name. We were totally amazed by that kind of service. We will definitely be returning and bringing other people along to enjoy this restaurante as much as we did. The food was outstanding and plentiful. Enjoyed our visit.Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/26/2013FOOD AND SERVICE WERE VERY GOOD. THE OHANA FEAST IN DISNEY WORLD OFFERS THE SAME KIND OF EXPERENCE,BUT I FOUND THE FOOD AT AVU AVU TO BE MORE FLAVORABLE. ALREADY HAVE RESERVATIONS FOR WHEN MY FAMILY VISITS NEXT MONTH.Special Features:
- Appetizer was good -- steakGMAWDined on 2/19/2013Appetizer was good -- steak was the best of the meats -Special Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/6/2013I had a great time with my friends. The server had a lot of energy and the food was fantastic. The skewers of meat were really good and they just kept bringing out how much we wanted. Save room for the to die for dessert!Special Features: