35 A LaSalle Rd
West Hartford, CT 06107Neighborhood:
Hartford / West Hartford
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.avertbrasserie.com/
- Phone: 8609046240
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm -10:00pm
Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: David Borselle
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from A'vert Brasserie
Conveniently located in vibrant West Hartford Center, step into Avert and be whisked away to the brasseries and outdoor cafes lining the cobblestone streets of Lyon and Paris. The indulgence of traditional French comfort food is balanced by a modern, clean interpretation and an uncompromising devotion to the highest quality and locally-sourced ingredients. Avert is classic yet creative; inspired yet approachable. Experience old world European charm with a modern flair in a casual, relaxed environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
A'vert Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Hartford / West Hartford ›
A'vert Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (23)hot spot (21)notable wine list (21)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (16)great for outdoor dining (13)good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Excellent restaurant!!Kayak12VIPDined on 10/4/2014This was our fourth visit to A'vert, and it just keeps getting better. A great restaurant, creative, fun and delicious. Worth visiting for special occasions, or just because you want a great meal out.Special Features:
- Go if you haven'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Service, atmosphere and wonderful food. There are at least 5 other items on the menu that make me want to visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must-try for all CT gourmetsToniVIPDined on 9/30/2014This is probably my fourth review for A'Vert, but I'm always happy to sing its praises! Had the escargot and foie gras (again!) and it still put me in seventh heaven! Had the trout for dinner, and it was a light crunchy concoction, delightfully seasoned and beautifully presented. Pumpkin cheesecake was the special that night for dessert, and special it was indeed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch FantasticjwpmitVIPDined on 9/28/2014We tried A'vert for Sunday brunch, wow. Very nice breakfast...expect to pay $20 pp but the quality of the breakfast and coffee is heads and shoulder above the typical local diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/27/2014Food was good, nothing remarkable. Ambiance frenetic and distracting. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodgoldrushVIPDined on 9/27/2014Don't let the people that complain about the noise level keep you away. We did not find it that bad (although we sat in the very back of the restaurant so noise only came at us from 1 direction). The food and service far outweighed the noise !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good First ExperienceErinDined on 9/24/2014A'vert came highly recommended from a friend of mine so my boyfriend and I tried it out for my birthday. We got a great bottle of French wine recommended by our waitress. We shared escargot as an appetizer which was DELICIOUS! I had never had it before and I really enjoyed it. I was also impressed when we couldn't get the meat out of 2 of the shells and our waitress got the chef to send out 2 better ones. I got the beef short rib "bourguignon" which was quite good but my date's steak frites was better. I will probably get that next time we go. For dessert we "shared" the Profiteroles which were amazing. I would definitely get those again.Special Features:
- 5 Year Member first time reviewWhftdfoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014I am sorry to say that my very first written review is a poor one. The night was "snake bit" from the beginning. Arriving on time to find out that the hostess had given our table away. The other table offer to us was not acceptable ( we could have been offered the royal throne and we would not accepted, we were just mad at this point) so they said " go wait in the bar"! Long story short, the hostess screwed up the evening. The waiter was very pleasant and appropriate with his attentiveness. The food was good..not great. the Mussels were totally to die for. When the check arrived they removed two glasses of wine. Too bad, because two glasses of wine bought this restaurant a LOUSY review....
- ExcellentLu324VIPDined on 9/23/2014Excellent! A little French Bistro in West Hartford Center. The food was delicious. Loved everything about it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eats in WH centerRabinowitzDined on 9/21/2014A'Vert doesn't miss a trick. From start to finish we had a great experience. The baguette was warm and satisfied our hunger while we waited for our salads and meals. The main star of the night was the entrees. I had the filet special, cooked to perfection with a gorgeous melange of new potatoes and squash puree. The sauce for the meat was sublime. My husband ordered the duck, which he also enjoyed immensely. The wine list offered some nice choices. No room for dessert--next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French Gourmet without French airsToniVIPDined on 9/21/2014Enjoy truly scrumptious french cuisine without having to deal with any haughty french attitudes! A'Vert is a delightful casual brasserie serving creative gourmet meals worthy of any fine dining establishment. Escargot is actually served in the shells, with herbed butter you just have to dunk your bread in. The specials never disappoint. The chef is usually playful with these but always spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in West HartfordOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2014What's not to like? The setting is authentic Paris. The food is exquisite. The vibe is alive and bustling!Special Features:
- docdoc1888Dined on 9/19/2014excellent food. Small menu with adequate specials. Salad served as an appetizer. Delicious assortment of seafood. Coffee press at table. We each had a wonderful dessert. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKathVIPDined on 9/16/2014One of the best spots in West Hartford! Great menu, and food is outstanding! Reminds me of restaurants in Paris, and is definitely one of my favorite places. I had salmon, with diced beets and carrots-- all farm to table. The dish was stunning, and one of my favorite meals ever. A delicious citron tart, with a lovely meringue topping instead of a heavier whipped cream was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!2foodiesDined on 9/11/2014We have dined at A'vert quite a number of times - brunch, lunch and dinner. The food is outstanding and presented beautifully. A meal at A'vert is a feast for the palate and also visually delightful. The staff are all very cordial and eager to enhance the dining experience.Special Features:
- Kefka300Dined on 9/7/2014Good food. Good service. Outrageously noisey. Waited until outdoor table was available. Would eat outside only.Special Features:
- Food was great, butdineoutdDined on 9/6/2014I took my wife there for her birthday dinner last Saturday night. The food was great. Service was great, but the noise level in the dining room was bothersome to say the least. It is not the place to go for a quiet dinner on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- lawyer1982Dined on 8/31/2014Adding an option for a basket of small breakfast breads/pastries would make it perfect, a lovely place to while away some timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place in a citySteakersDined on 8/23/2014As I described on my recent yelp review, my spouse and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves for our last minute decision on a Saturday evening. I was able to get a reservation. We love our server Liz and the food we chose. No complaints. It's my second time but first for my spouse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingpckl11Dined on 8/11/2014We have never found a French restaurant that we loved, until now! A'vert was amazing. We loved every dish that came out and will definitely return. I have never had escargot or pike before, they were both wonderful. Our server was very informative and never rushed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudplazadjDined on 7/23/2014Been to A'vert a second time for the food and service but was disappointed again by the noise level. Hard to have a conversation with other diners while needing to speak in a loud tone to be heard over other diners needing to speak in a loud tone. In warm weather months there is always the option of eating out doors but this is New England and that isn't always possible.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the A'vert Brasserie reviews archive.