Avero Bar Italiano
821 Lancaster Ave
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Avero Bar Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.averoitaliano.com/
- Phone: (484) 580-6455
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Tuesday: 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Wednesday: 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Thursday: 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Friday: 11:30AM - 9:30PM
Saturday: 12:00PM - 9:30PM
Sunday: 5:00PM - 8:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Joe Polutro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Avero offers a daily variety of the following:
• Entrée Salads
• Hot Entrees
We will work with you to customize your event, or you may ask us just to do it for you. Our menus are constantly changing, both seasonally and at our chef’s whim…so variety and innovation are paramount.
A word from Avero Bar Italiano
Avero Italiano captures the flavors and ambiance of an Italian trattoria, balancing sophisticated, classic and contemporary regional cuisine with a sleek, yet warm and informal interior.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Avero Bar Italiano - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
Avero Bar Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (24)kid-friendly (22)fit for foodies (17)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (6)romantic (6)special occasion (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Avero - From State Store to Special SpaceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/23/2014Mr. Morrison has done a great job converting this space (which used to be the State liquor store in the Whole Foods Plaza in Berwyn) into a vibrant, warm, and comfortable place to dine or sit at the bar and chat with friends. The menu is varied with options for all palates. I recently visited with my wife and I had the Prosciutto wrapped Pork loin with the wild mushroom risotto side (Kyle (sp?) the waiter let me mix and match) which turned out to be a wonderful combination. There were full families with young children, older couples, and groups of friends all able to sit and have conversations. My wife liked the decor choices that were improved since the last time we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server seemed inexperienced.hibroudaVIPDined on 11/22/2014We shared a salad,but we're not given any plate for the second perso, we had to use our bread plates. The bread was placed on the table with 2 dipping sauces. The waiter disappeared before we could ask about them. They were disearnabled. The food was average. It was called a bAR, but the bar was pretty Mach empty as well as the much larger dining area.
- Yet another pizza place!Jcg728VIPDined on 11/21/2014How many of these do we need along the Main Line? We found this, the 5th or 6th of its kind along the Main Line to be mediocre...pizza was ok...no better or worse than any other. What put us over the top was the wine list which was so overpriced...cheapest wine in the $38 per bottle range. There are better places to go in the area!
- great place for lunchroadwarriorVIPDined on 11/21/2014My co-workers and I enjoy going to Avero for lunches to celebrate birthdays, etc. the food is delicious, they have a lunch special which includes a half sandwich, soup and salad for around $10. Everything is made to order. You must try the eggplant Parmesan appetizer - yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantJBKBDined on 11/20/2014One of the better restaurants we've gone to. The service was second to none along with the friendly waiting staff. Food was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small and tasty food and bit over pricedDWillHVIPDined on 11/19/2014The service was excellent ... very intentive but not annoying. Food was very tasty...excellent. Do feel the food is priced on the high side and may lessen the chances of many return visits. We did like the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost opportunitiessammyVIPDined on 11/16/2014The potential is here, great location, good look, friendly staff. Food is totally inconsistent from dish to dish, there were no standouts, at best okay. Adult beverages were weak, martinis served in wine glasses, and one of the poorest excuses for a martini I have had in a while. This was a one and done.
- Avero Bar ItalianoShariVIPDined on 11/15/2014Went with friends to Avero for the first time the other night. Overall - okay. We were warmly greeted when we arrived and immediately seated at our table. Our waiter, Justin, was very attentive and nothing was a bother. The atmosphere was very warm and inviting. Unfortunately, we all thought the kitchen was having an off night. There were several delays in food coming out to us. Appetizers were slow in coming out, there was a long wait between the appetizers and our meals, and all of our entrees did not come out at the same time - approximately a 10 minute gap between when the first in our party received their entree and when the last member of our party received their entree. And we all thought our main courses tasted just okay. Overall, the service was great. The staff were all very warm and welcoming. Food and kitchen need to catch up to the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Congrats! Worst place on the main line ....anoahnaDined on 11/14/2014Why can't we have something we can enjoy on the main line. Where are the Le Chéri, La Peg, ..? Service at Avero was cold, like the soup. The shrimps had their ammoniac bath before going on the plate. The linguine were stuck together. Wow! That's hard to beat...
- Love the look and the serviceCasualdinerDined on 11/7/2014We have gone here a couple of times and both times have had Maryann as our waitress! She was super friendly and was attentive without being pushy. She suggested good menu items and gave us good feedback on what maybe good for us! The pizza we had was a 4 cheese which was delicious! I love the look of this restaurant it's a cozy feel and the lights hanging from the ceiling make it feel romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1gateopenDined on 11/6/2014A great meal and wonderful service. Our party included six adults and a baby. The staff was welcoming of the baby and very accommodating to a couple minor requests. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, not fantasticRestaurantloverVIPDined on 10/18/2014We have eaten here a few times. We have the same basic experience. The servers are very nice but a little slow. The pasta dishes are all very good, but this time I got the steak. I could have done better at home, it was nearly flavorless. My group's meals were good, though they all felt the dishes were too salty. Pretty decent short wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good*mesaabiertaDined on 10/18/2014Braised short rib and chicken marsala were both enjoyable, as was the pizza for kids. I don't know how they store bottles of wine, but I suspect it's someplace warm. Ours was almost undrinkable. Otherwise, it was a solid dining experience. It's definitely not a foodie venue, but it's easily on the short list of options for impulsive decisions to go out for dinner, with short notice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a date night spotTroutDined on 10/11/2014Went here with my wife for a date night...was more of an upscale pizza joint. The waitress referred to us as "you guys", but not in the South Philly/Italian way. It took 3 people to open a bottle of wine and my wife and I found ourselves filling our own glasses. Pizza is good, but nothing super special. Other diners had anything from nice button down and slacks to full sweatsuit and flip-flops.Special Features:
- Unpleasant Experience!OOPACKDined on 10/9/2014Left unattended at bar for ten minutes, with maybe 15 customers in the place. Bartender/waitress did not smile, appeared bored. "Craft Pizza" was from a woefully uninspired list of offerings. The "Wood Oven Shrimp and Vegetable Spiedini, over local greens, balsamic vinaigrette" had 4 lonely charred shrimp, vegetables being a piece of zucchini and a mushroom. "Over" local greens was a "bowl" of local greens (salad) saturated in dressing (f$19). I had told them it was my daughter's birthday; when desserts came the waitress looked at her and asked, "Would you like a birthday candle on that?" Huh? A laughable comment if on "Modern Family". Plain stupid in real life. Don't go.
- Food OK, overpriced for atmospherewunderDined on 10/8/2014Staff was friendly and helpful. The decor was moderate, but when I had looked at the menu online, I had been expecting a much more upscale experience. Concrete floors, uncomfortable wood chairs, and it was so cold that I wore my coat through dinner. The food was fine without being special. Good bread served before dinner.
- DeniseVIPDined on 9/27/2014Don't order the pasta. It comes stuck together and is very dry. It is so noisy that it makes the dining experience unpleasant.Special Features:
- Revisited and worthwhileJillBVIPDined on 9/27/2014We never intended to return to Avero since we had a terrible experience when they were just called Avero Craft Pizzeria. The pizza was overpriced and had no flavor. Now they are billing themselves as an Italian Bar and we made better choices this time, steering away from pizza to be safe. However, the pumpkin gnocchi special wasn't as tasty as we hoped. Our server was low key and pleasant without the annoying façade that so many servers put on. She kindly gave us a sample of wines before we committed to a glass.Special Features:
- Loved it!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The food was really really good! Our server was great. I will be returning to try many of the other dishes! I just wish they were open later than 9:30pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High noise levelluvchocolateVIPDined on 9/12/2014Extremely noisy-difficult to hear and have a conversation. Salad and pizza were good, chicken parm below average and deeply fried. Specialty drinks small and rip off. Would not return.
- Great Lunch joint. Very Loud.BrainPuddingDined on 9/6/2014We were expecting a more upscale experience. Instead we found that this would be great for lunch. The dining area is crowded, open and very loud (difficult to even hear the waitress). Our entrees took more than an hour to arrive. The food was good, but appeared to have sat under a heat lamp for a while. The wood oven pizza looked excellent. This would probably be a great place for lunch.Special Features:
- Second time's a charmLydiaSmileVIPDined on 9/4/2014I decide to get this restaurant a second chance and I'm so glad I did. They fixed all of my issues that I had initially. Atmosphere has greatly improved they took out the goofy umbrella tables and put in booths and warm curtains... It's more like a real restaurant now. I ordered ( or shall we say re-ordered)the pizza with truffles, mushrooms and egg. This time around I was very pleased. My little five-year-old daughter ordered the pizza off the kids menu which was amply sized and fantastic. The server gave me enough Diet Coke to serve an army and was very attentive. I'm looking forward to putting this restaurant into rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Three very different dishes, same result. The food looked beautiful but the taste did not match the presentation. Pasta was undercooked and sauce was bland, mushroom risotto was flavorless, and chicken parm tasted like KFC chicken with red sauce. Our waiter was good, but that certainly is not enough to bring us back.Special Features:
- Corporate Secretary/Asst to PresGirlsOutinWayneDined on 8/28/2014I found this place to be quite charming and very efficient. Our waiter was excellent. There when we needed him but not bothersome. The food, even though it was just lunch, was excellent. The bar is large which is great for a happy hour. We will definitely use this place when we have stockholders and guests to take to lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved Avero!!!luvitalianoDined on 8/27/2014We had a bunch of small plates and shared. Their meat balls were fantastic. Porcini mushroom soup was soooooo good. Great atmosphere. It was quiet because it was a week night. Great spot for groups too. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014From 2 types of salads, to 2 types of pizza and a seafood pasta dish the food was marginal at best. Three of us concluded we would not go back or recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014Good fresh food. Nice place for the kids and adults. Made everyone happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warmer AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014We returned to Avero after visiting last year. The new drapes and table set ups did make it a bit less open looking and cozier. However, the acoustics are just awful. My husband and I had to talk very loudly just to hear each other and the restaurant was not that crowded. While the pizza is really good and the entrees are very good the restaurant is still in need of some more work on creating a space that is more relaxed for diners. Teresa's café added something to their walls when they renovated last year and it completely improved the acoustics. Maybe Avero's owner could visit and find out what they did. Avero has great food and in my opinion just needs to take another swing at the interior design.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Avero Bar Italiano reviews archive.
- foodie1Foodie1Dined on 7/29/2014Food was delicious and service was great. Servers very attentive. Pasta AL dente. Bolanase was delicious along with the wine and hot her bed bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendslgoodmancpaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Blankley went on to open table looking for someplace different. The menu on line looked good, the outside of the restaurant looked appealing, but this is really just a joint with average Italian based food. Good if you want to take the kids out to dinner, not for a Saturday night outing with friends. The food was ok, the service was ok.
- DinnermmriccoDined on 7/26/2014We had a very nice dinner, food was well prepared and tasted great.Special Features:
- 50sHousewifeDined on 7/19/2014First time visit. We were a party of three. Greeted warmly at the door. Our server was exceptional. Service seems to be important at Avero. I noticed when a question was posed about wine choices at the table next to us the wine purchaser was summoned to the table and even offered tastings. Also servers are very knowledgable about the food preparation. The food was okay, we'll give it another try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDbmcdVIPDined on 7/16/2014After a good review in a Philly dining source, traveled from the city to see a movie and have dinner. Was seated by a young gal in a cut-off shirt. Waitress was slow, even after mentioning we were trying to make a movie time. My dish was bland with fettuccine al dente and stuck together in places. Partners dish was not made to order, had to be sent back, then came back again without the requested cheese. Table next to us waited forever for their check. This was a slow night for the restaurant as well. Too bad.
- Mixed FeelingsSavvyDiner101Dined on 7/11/2014I was excited to return to Avero for my 3rd time, especially after seeing their expanded menu selections. I was there with a group of friends who had never been. Thankfully they had good meals - pizza, meatballs, pasta. I ordered the halibut with fava bean succotash. Unfortunately, my meal was inedible. The halibut had clearly been previously frozen and was way overcooked. The succotash was the frozen mix that had been defrosted with a few fava beans thrown in. I have never sent a meal back, but at $24, I really couldn't sit there and eat a terrible meal. The restaurant comped the meal, but no one other than our waitress apologized. I expected the manager to stop at the table. I will go back, but just stick to their tasty pizza.Special Features:
- A Cut AboveDreamerVIPDined on 7/9/2014A cut above the normal restaurant that serves pizza. Pleasant atmosphere and good food!!Special Features:
- Great Neighbor FindFoodieVIPDined on 7/2/2014We've been to Avero twice now and both times our experience was very good. The waiters were attentive and the food was tasty, although a bit on the high side considering the menu. Linguini and meatballs, soft shell crabs and fried artichokes were all great. The mussels the first time were larger and the sauce was better; the second time around they were small and the sauce was tasteless. They've got to get that perfect because it's a go to order. We're just happy that a new, nice place with good food has arrived in the Devon area, and we like to support our local businesses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- post-work shindingPhillyphoodphanDined on 6/24/2014Got together with some gals from the office and had some amazing salads, pizzas, and pasta! Would absolutely return for another meal!Special Features:
- 2nd visitYummyDined on 6/20/2014Our first visit was good but it was extremely hot in the redtaurant. The food was alright I thought maybe it was our ordering selection. The second time, the food was amazing! We had the spring pizza and crispy artichokes and the chicken saltimbucca. The saltimbucca was not like anything I have ever had before, it was so delicious. This pizza was really yummy and the artichokes were out of this world! The service however was terrible. From drinks to ordering to desert. The prices are a bit high for what you get also. The restaurant was not crowded either time. It's a great location, if the prices were lowered and the staff was better trained this could be a very successful restaurant. The lines would be waiting out the door!
- diningfoolDined on 6/15/2014This was our third visit in a year. As usual, the food was delicious and unusual. My daughter who lives in Manhattan and is a foodie, really enjoyed the Colossal Crab Salad and vegetable salad as well as our entrees. The staff is welcoming and friendly. Our waiter was friendly but seemed a little harried. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day- had a fantastic dinner- we were very pleased.Special Features: