Avero Bar Italiano
821 Lancaster Ave
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Avero Bar Italiano
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.averoitaliano.com/
- Phone: 4845806455x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Tuesday: 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Wednesday: 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Thursday: 11:30AM - 9:00PM
Friday: 11:30AM - 9:30PM
Saturday: 12:00PM - 9:30PM
Sunday: 5:00PM - 8:30PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Joe Polutro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Avero offers a daily variety of the following:
• Entrée Salads
• Hot Entrees
We will work with you to customize your event, or you may ask us just to do it for you. Our menus are constantly changing, both seasonally and at our chef’s whim…so variety and innovation are paramount.
A word from Avero Bar Italiano
Avero Italiano captures the flavors and ambiance of an Italian trattoria, balancing sophisticated, classic and contemporary regional cuisine with a sleek, yet warm and informal interior.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Avero Bar Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (18)kid-friendly (16)fit for foodies (14)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)special occasion (4)late-night find (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DeniseVIPDined on 9/27/2014Don't order the pasta. It comes stuck together and is very dry. It is so noisy that it makes the dining experience unpleasant.Special Features:
- Loved it!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The food was really really good! Our server was great. I will be returning to try many of the other dishes! I just wish they were open later than 9:30pmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High noise levelluvchocolateVIPDined on 9/12/2014Extremely noisy-difficult to hear and have a conversation. Salad and pizza were good, chicken parm below average and deeply fried. Specialty drinks small and rip off. Would not return.
- Great Lunch joint. Very Loud.BrainPuddingDined on 9/6/2014We were expecting a more upscale experience. Instead we found that this would be great for lunch. The dining area is crowded, open and very loud (difficult to even hear the waitress). Our entrees took more than an hour to arrive. The food was good, but appeared to have sat under a heat lamp for a while. The wood oven pizza looked excellent. This would probably be a great place for lunch.Special Features:
- Second time's a charmDrLydiaGrayVIPDined on 9/4/2014I decide to get this restaurant a second chance and I'm so glad I did. They fixed all of my issues that I had initially. Atmosphere has greatly improved they took out the goofy umbrella tables and put in booths and warm curtains... It's more like a real restaurant now. I ordered ( or shall we say re-ordered)the pizza with truffles, mushrooms and egg. This time around I was very pleased. My little five-year-old daughter ordered the pizza off the kids menu which was amply sized and fantastic. The server gave me enough Diet Coke to serve an army and was very attentive. I'm looking forward to putting this restaurant into rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014Three very different dishes, same result. The food looked beautiful but the taste did not match the presentation. Pasta was undercooked and sauce was bland, mushroom risotto was flavorless, and chicken parm tasted like KFC chicken with red sauce. Our waiter was good, but that certainly is not enough to bring us back.Special Features:
- Corporate Secretary/Asst to PresGirlsOutinWayneDined on 8/28/2014I found this place to be quite charming and very efficient. Our waiter was excellent. There when we needed him but not bothersome. The food, even though it was just lunch, was excellent. The bar is large which is great for a happy hour. We will definitely use this place when we have stockholders and guests to take to lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved Avero!!!luvitalianoDined on 8/27/2014We had a bunch of small plates and shared. Their meat balls were fantastic. Porcini mushroom soup was soooooo good. Great atmosphere. It was quiet because it was a week night. Great spot for groups too. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/26/2014From 2 types of salads, to 2 types of pizza and a seafood pasta dish the food was marginal at best. Three of us concluded we would not go back or recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014Good fresh food. Nice place for the kids and adults. Made everyone happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warmer AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014We returned to Avero after visiting last year. The new drapes and table set ups did make it a bit less open looking and cozier. However, the acoustics are just awful. My husband and I had to talk very loudly just to hear each other and the restaurant was not that crowded. While the pizza is really good and the entrees are very good the restaurant is still in need of some more work on creating a space that is more relaxed for diners. Teresa's café added something to their walls when they renovated last year and it completely improved the acoustics. Maybe Avero's owner could visit and find out what they did. Avero has great food and in my opinion just needs to take another swing at the interior design.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodie1Foodie1Dined on 7/29/2014Food was delicious and service was great. Servers very attentive. Pasta AL dente. Bolanase was delicious along with the wine and hot her bed bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendslgoodmancpaVIPDined on 7/26/2014Blankley went on to open table looking for someplace different. The menu on line looked good, the outside of the restaurant looked appealing, but this is really just a joint with average Italian based food. Good if you want to take the kids out to dinner, not for a Saturday night outing with friends. The food was ok, the service was ok.
- DinnermmriccoDined on 7/26/2014We had a very nice dinner, food was well prepared and tasted great.Special Features:
- 50sHousewifeDined on 7/19/2014First time visit. We were a party of three. Greeted warmly at the door. Our server was exceptional. Service seems to be important at Avero. I noticed when a question was posed about wine choices at the table next to us the wine purchaser was summoned to the table and even offered tastings. Also servers are very knowledgable about the food preparation. The food was okay, we'll give it another try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDbmcdVIPDined on 7/16/2014After a good review in a Philly dining source, traveled from the city to see a movie and have dinner. Was seated by a young gal in a cut-off shirt. Waitress was slow, even after mentioning we were trying to make a movie time. My dish was bland with fettuccine al dente and stuck together in places. Partners dish was not made to order, had to be sent back, then came back again without the requested cheese. Table next to us waited forever for their check. This was a slow night for the restaurant as well. Too bad.
- Mixed FeelingsSavvyDiner101Dined on 7/11/2014I was excited to return to Avero for my 3rd time, especially after seeing their expanded menu selections. I was there with a group of friends who had never been. Thankfully they had good meals - pizza, meatballs, pasta. I ordered the halibut with fava bean succotash. Unfortunately, my meal was inedible. The halibut had clearly been previously frozen and was way overcooked. The succotash was the frozen mix that had been defrosted with a few fava beans thrown in. I have never sent a meal back, but at $24, I really couldn't sit there and eat a terrible meal. The restaurant comped the meal, but no one other than our waitress apologized. I expected the manager to stop at the table. I will go back, but just stick to their tasty pizza.Special Features:
- A Cut AboveDreamerVIPDined on 7/9/2014A cut above the normal restaurant that serves pizza. Pleasant atmosphere and good food!!Special Features:
- Great Neighbor FindFoodieVIPDined on 7/2/2014We've been to Avero twice now and both times our experience was very good. The waiters were attentive and the food was tasty, although a bit on the high side considering the menu. Linguini and meatballs, soft shell crabs and fried artichokes were all great. The mussels the first time were larger and the sauce was better; the second time around they were small and the sauce was tasteless. They've got to get that perfect because it's a go to order. We're just happy that a new, nice place with good food has arrived in the Devon area, and we like to support our local businesses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- post-work shindingPhillyphoodphanDined on 6/24/2014Got together with some gals from the office and had some amazing salads, pizzas, and pasta! Would absolutely return for another meal!Special Features:
- 2nd visitYummyDined on 6/20/2014Our first visit was good but it was extremely hot in the redtaurant. The food was alright I thought maybe it was our ordering selection. The second time, the food was amazing! We had the spring pizza and crispy artichokes and the chicken saltimbucca. The saltimbucca was not like anything I have ever had before, it was so delicious. This pizza was really yummy and the artichokes were out of this world! The service however was terrible. From drinks to ordering to desert. The prices are a bit high for what you get also. The restaurant was not crowded either time. It's a great location, if the prices were lowered and the staff was better trained this could be a very successful restaurant. The lines would be waiting out the door!
- diningfoolDined on 6/15/2014This was our third visit in a year. As usual, the food was delicious and unusual. My daughter who lives in Manhattan and is a foodie, really enjoyed the Colossal Crab Salad and vegetable salad as well as our entrees. The staff is welcoming and friendly. Our waiter was friendly but seemed a little harried. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/15/2014Went for Father's Day- had a fantastic dinner- we were very pleased.Special Features:
- Good spotChrisJDined on 6/13/2014The food was very good, good variety on the menu, but the restaurant was VERY loud. It was difficult to talk to our party, and it was even fullSpecial Features:
- Over Anxious ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014My wife and I tried Avero Bar Italiano for the first time the other night. It was a Friday night and not very crowded. We were greeted by an over anxious and over zealous server. It was not like they were trying to turn tables as the place was about 40% full and there was no one at the bar. An example of his poor service - my wife was eating a slice of her pizza and the server asked if he could wrap the rest of it! We spoke to the manager and he said the server had been there for three weeks but said he would speak to him. The food was very good starting with the bread and mussels appetizer. My wife had a very good meatball pizza and I had the whole wheat pasta. It is not inexpensive and the ambience does not match the price.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Avero Bar Italiano reviews archive.
- Outstanding ServiceKmeitzDined on 6/2/2014Great neighborhood spot for a relaxing dinner. The menu had a little something for everyone. Our service was exceptional.Special Features:
- TastingTravelerVIPDined on 5/31/2014Our waiter was great, when we weren't sure of wines, he brought over 2 tastings to try, lovely! Food was good an improvement over the last time we were there. Mussels were served without sauce ? But when we asked the manager, he rectified the issue. The restaurant still needs improvement, we'll try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely & an outstanding menu.HappyVIPDined on 5/29/2014The food is fantastic, management and chef extremely welcoming, waitstaff great. Avero has made many decorative changes and the menu is outstanding with options for every palate including gluten free. The risotto is a must!Special Features:
- RushDined on 5/28/2014The waiter had an attitude and was rushing us. I doubt if I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerDined on 5/23/2014Pizza is delicious. Service is slow and lacklusterSpecial Features:
- Great for families, OK for couplesCSL1963Dined on 5/21/2014Went here on our anniversary based on availability and food reviews. They advertise themselves as a place where your family is welcome, and this seemed to be a good description. Ambience and layout was a place where a group, a family, or even a small gathering could enjoy a well-made, filling meal in relative comfort. For romantic couples, there was no sense of quiet intimacy, but that would not be expected in a family spot. Food was good but not great. I prefer pasta to arrive piping hot, needing to cool down a bit before eating, but mine was ready to eat when served. Service was quite good, friendly without being too close. Food arrived promptly. A nice place to bring a large family.Special Features:
- Avero/ U gotta go/We're goin' backliciaVIPDined on 5/17/2014Needed a place to go after a belated Mother's Day movie and wanted to try out Avero. It was SPECTACULAR! The staff was friendly and our server Amanda was very attentive. Had the raspberry / lemon cocktail, the mix was just right. Amanda gave us the name of Candoni Pinot Grigio for my father in law's cellar! We had a variety of apps and entrees and all were fresh and tasty! Highlights were the escarole soup with chicken (almost was like my g'moms...almost), Prince Ed Island Mussels were yummy (and I do not eat mussels!) and the casereccia pork guanciale cabonara was so excellent my husband said it was totally worth the carbs! I concur the same with their light Ricotta Gnocchi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodYummyDined on 5/16/2014It was really hot inside but the food was great! The service was great! It was fun!Special Features:
- DinnerKennethDined on 5/16/2014We had a great dinner after my son's graduation from college. Everyone was very friendly, service was prompt, and the food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzasRSVPVIPDined on 5/15/2014Wonderful selections of pizzas with great crust. Many other good offerings as well. Attentive staff. One thing the designers slipped up on are the banquette seats. They are much higher than the chairs so the diners are sitting at different levels. An odd goof but bearable. Otherwise, the renovated wine & spirits store is very nice.Special Features:
- Chef DeFeo making great changes!JB22VIPDined on 5/13/2014Popped in for a weekday business lunch. Excellent service, execution and food from the kitchen team. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Mother's Day Brunchmeech31Dined on 5/11/2014The Mother's Day Brunch was very nice. They had a nice selection of egg dishes, along with pasta and pizza. They also had a fun drink list. As the restaurant got a little more crowded our service became a little slow, but overall the food was very good and the waiter tried his best.Special Features:
- Modern Italian BistroJEG68VIPDined on 4/29/2014We had an early dinner there on a rainy Tuesday. Service was prompt and courteous, wine was reasonably priced and great, and food was excellent tasting, especially for the price on the Main Line. Everyone enjoyed themselves, and we'll go back again with no hesitation. Nice addition to the area.Special Features:
- Dinner42Dined on 4/26/2014Food was very good! Service was great! Offered some food options we haven't seen in a while. There were a lot of tables with kids, and it was a little loud, but not unbearable. We sat at the bar after dinner and bartender was very friendly and outgoing. Our one small complaint was that they ran out of my husband's scotch. Once that happened, he wanted to leave; otherwise we would have stayed at the bar for a while. Overall, a very enjoyable meal and evening.Special Features:
- There weren't very man peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014There weren't very man people there for Saturday lunch, which was surprising. I felt the music was a bit loud, and if it had been crowded, I feel it would have been pretty noisy. The food was terrific, and the service was very friendly and accommodating, although a bit on the slow side. I'd definitely eat there again, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.