23 Ocean Ave
Long Branch, NJ 07740Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leclubavenue.com/
- Phone: 7327592900x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 4:30 pm - 10 pm
Monday thru Thursday 4:30 pm - 10 pm
Friday 4:30 pm - 11 pm
Saturday 4:30 pm -12 am
Monday - Friday 11 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday 11 am - 3:00 pm
$30.00 3-Course Prix Fixe Menu:
Everyday 4:30 pm - 6pm (except Tuesday - 4:30 - 10pm)
$1.80 Malpeque Oysters
$.95 Littleneck Clams
$7 Martinis and Specialty Cocktails
$6 House Wines by The Glass
Half Price Bar Menu Wednesday and Friday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Dominique Filoni
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private events available.
- Private Party Contact: Events Coordinator 732-759-2900 x211
- Entertainment: www.avenuenuit.com New Jersey's premier night club Avenue Nuit is a stunning roof top lounge with fabulous ocean views. Open Thursday, Friday, & Saturday 9pm-2am. Call 732-927-0008 for VIP table reservations.
- Special Events: Extension 211
A word from Avenue
Discovering the experience of dining in a place such as Cannes or Nice was never easier than now with the opening of the French Bistro and Raw Bar, Avenue. The only difference between dining at Avenue and dining along the Côte d'Azur, is that your gaze lands on waves on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. Avenue is located along our side of the pond, on our own eastern shores in Long Branch, New Jersey. This gleaming new restaurant is designed by the internationally renowned architect David Collins, and the collaboration is nothing short of amazing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Avenue - Best Restaurants in Long Branch ›
Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (114)great for outdoor dining (104)special occasion (74)vibrant bar scene (68)fit for foodies (59)romantic (57)hot spot (57)notable wine list (44)great for brunch (39)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (32)great for lunch (29)late-night find (22)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Indifferent staffJerseycookieDined on 8/28/2014My specific request for an outdoor table, our MAIN reason for choosing Avenue, was not honored. The party behind us, larger by one, was immediately seated outside. I will take my out-of-town guests elsewhere in the future, where the staff is NOT indifferent to requests made days in advance.Special Features:
- An Event!StevieDined on 8/27/2014There is something altogether fitting for a wonderful restaurant as Avenue is, to be a most important anchor to Pier Village. It is for all visitors to the Jersey Shore - A MUST VISIT. - And complete in every way - Food, Ambiance, Service --It is wonderful!Special Features:
- Missed the MarkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Been to Avenue before. always loved it. This was first time for brunch. Hmm....odd choices, everything comes with a side salad that i guarantee no one eats. it is literally undressed sea grass. When i asked for a roll, i was told i could order a side order of brioche toast. it came late and dry. and i was charged for it. $5 for a cup of tea is high, but the waitrerss should know better than to pour it before it has properly steeped. Underwhelming eggs benedecit with runny whites. A lot of $$$ for a pretty view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth ItMyRevDined on 8/22/2014Avenue is a bit pricey, but you can work around that if you really want to. Excellent to hang for a first date, or hey, even a last date. While we were there a couple got engaged. I requested via OpenTable that we sit with a view of the ocean and noted that it was my "date's" birthday. They gave us great seats and put a candle in the desert (flourless brownie which is THE BOMB). Their selection of oysters is great, and it's just a good place to eat and hang.Special Features:
- nice viewNinaluv808Dined on 8/20/2014Avenue had a very nice view and the staff was friendly. I had the french oinion soup which was delcious, however my lobster roll was lacking. My table also ordered a side of fries which were really good.Special Features:
- Babysitters are available!TuchDined on 8/19/2014We had 5 adults at out table. After we were seated a group of 5 adults and 2 strollers with babies a few months old were seated next to us. One stroller was practically at our table! At 9:00 pm is it really necessary to bring infants out to dinner. Of course they will cry! They should be in bed!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014have been to Avenue on many occasions - good food, good service and wonderful ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okTippergDined on 8/18/2014If you say that you are kid friendly wouldn't you have a kids menu?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and stern serviceNYfoodieDined on 8/16/2014Tiny, esoteric entrees with really unhappy servers who do the bare minimum
- Solid dinnerdenimgirlDined on 8/15/2014My fiance and I dined at Avenue on a recent Friday evening and had a wonderful night. The food is well done, no surprises, not crazy different, but we both had fish and both dishes were well done. Great vibe in the restaurant and very good service. Would recommend for couples or groups, not appropriate for children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food plus atmosphere...bravo!HelenandPattifavVIPDined on 8/15/2014This happening spot remains consistent and usually meets ones expectations....But a downer is the parking...which you pay for valet...$15...and after the cost of dinner amounts to be an extra that could be eliminated...$20 after a tip....a liitle much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Treatgoodfud4uDined on 8/15/2014Ambiance. Creative food. Great Pre Fixe menu. Beautiful bar scene. Stately room with enormous windows with a spectacular view, indoors and out!Special Features:
- Good french food at decent pricesjonknetDined on 8/14/2014I went to Avenue recently for dinner with my girlfriend. We got to sit outside on the beach, which was lovely. The food is good, but I've had better french onion soup. I still can't complain much; the prices are very fair. I did feel a bit rushed by the staff since we were sitting in a high-demand area (indoors it was almost empty), but I would definitely go back there again.Special Features:
- avenue was dissappointingMikeCDined on 8/14/2014Service was a 360 reversal of our prior outstanding service. Menu is quite limited.Special Features:
- Awesome AvenueLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/14/2014Like this Resturant for the ocean view the food is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very satisfiedAlexYDined on 8/11/2014Place have very good location.The food was very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeetiePeetieVIPDined on 8/10/2014Great meal, great wine & beer, super service - a wonderful experience for our special occasion!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014It sucked! Waitress pressured me and my date to order more food. Felt very uncomfortable. .The waitress should've just ordered for me. She was rudeSpecial Features:
- Perfection!FramboisVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food, service, and setting could not have been better. Chelsea and Alexander offered attentive, friendly, and gracious service. The appetizers, entrees, desserts, wine, and cocktails were all excellent. We ordered off of the prix fix menu; an amazing value for the price. We got to sit outside and the weather could not have been nicer. Looking forward to our return!Special Features:
- Great lunch place in Long BranchJoyeDined on 8/8/2014We have had lunch at Avenue several times. The food and service are consistently good. The view of the ocean and beach when sitting outside is lovely. Lobster Roll is my favorite. Most lunch dishes come with a tasty salad. The fries are good too!Special Features:
- Locationken29VIPDined on 8/6/2014We were on time and I made comments on what kind of table I waned. They were going to seat us in a room with no view no corner table and that is not what I requested. After telling them that we would wait we were seated in the right place. I don't understand why the hostess does not look at the notes. Anyway the food was great we started with the stuff zucchini, my with had the tuna, my brother had the scallops and I had the trout. For desert the flour less brownie was also good. Avenue is always good.Special Features:
- Beautiful spot right on the beachJC4EverDined on 8/6/2014Heard mixed reviews about Avenue but decided to give it a try. Reviews were correct. Starting off with the onion soup that was overloaded with cheese/bread, few onions, and a flavorless broth. Next came the zucchini flowers that were 1 1/2 inches long, so small they should have never been served. It was embarrassing. They are not always in season and are now always servable. Boeuf Bourguignon entrée was a rich heavy dish and the meat(short rib) was so tender it fell apart with a fork. Also the salmon/carrot sauce and chicken were well prepared and tasty. Strip steaks were tender but overcooked. Excessive staff ran around a lot and at other times were hard to find. Overall, not bad, but not great. That's what you get for a awesome location.Special Features:
- Paradise around the cornerSamoDined on 8/5/2014We are regulars at Avenue, but this time was made spectacular by the gorgeous weather and scenery. The Riviera, Hawaii, Florida - none would have been any better. The food, service and ambiance are terrific, and the views of the ocean, the breezes, the blue skies made it so much the better for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Value - Poor Service2goodVIPDined on 8/2/2014We've been several times there, and the experience changes depending on what kind of waiter you're getting. We arrived 5:45 for the prix fix menu with the waiter trying to tell us it would be too late for prix fix. However we convinced him that's not too late. We really love the setting, particularly if you get a table on the patio right over the beach. We haven't been disappointed with the food and the prix fix is really of great value. However again the service spoiled our gathering as they really rushed us to get finished. Not something you want to experience if you're there for a nice dinner with friends. Wine List is exceptional with wines in all price ranges. We will be back, hopefully with better service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014The food was excellent. All of our 4 entrees were very flavorful and cooked to perfection. The service was extremely polished and professional. It was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, not kid friendlytruefoodieDined on 8/1/2014Went to early dinner with 3 year old. Restaurant is not a place to bring kids after 7pm. Sat outside in back with great view of the ocean. Restaurant was not packed at 6pm on a Friday. Food is really good, a bit pricey but you pay for the view! Been to nice restaurants before that don't have an official kids menu but they've always gladly offered the typical kids items. They offer nothing for a child. You have to pick off the adult menu and they suggested people get the frites and the steak. LOL areyou kidding? You think I'm getting an expensive steak for my 3 yr old? He ate a bucket of fries and some of my fish. If you go with toddler, I suggest you sneak in your own food for them or hope you can find your own dish that he can eat off of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service I would Not ReturnfrenchieVIPDined on 7/30/2014We used to love this Restaurant. The views of the beach are spectacular and the staff seemed attentive. Now the service is terrible and the food has gone downhill. The staff poured the water onto the table when serving it, then a few minutes later filled a water glass, pouring water literally into our dinner plate (with food on it). Then the waiter leaned over the table and his tie went into my son's water glass. No kidding. I could not make this up. The service was very slow. My son's steak dish was so tough that he had to send it back. We are foodies but this place is not for us.
- Boardwalk experiencecajoVIPDined on 7/30/2014Very good food preparations. On the boardwalk in long branchSpecial Features:
- great views ok foodAvonbytheSeaGalDined on 7/27/2014only go for the views overlooking the ocean. restaurant is beautiful. the food and service are overrated. everything we ate had NO flavor.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014Avenue's location is simply great. Long Branch is a young and energetic town and scene. Located right on the water, the restaurant delivers beautiful views. Our service was solid during our dinner. Certainly you could tell they wanted to seat our table again, but they we very attentive. Some of our dishes were outstanding (the branzino comes to mind). A couple left a little to be desired. But all in all a nice experience and would certainly consider returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- why all the foreigners?Vster1Dined on 7/25/2014first told could have waitress service by fireplace since bar was packed. Asked 4 servers - stated they'd get someone, after 15 mins got myself. All servers were from european countries on summer program - nothing wrong with that idea, but all? why not support a few with a mix of local young adults for a true cultural experience. overpriced drinks and wine$13 for a glass of house red? c'mon! finally, we had the Moules Frites (Mussels and fries) all we can say is good thing they are not stingy on the fries because the size of the mussels were ridiculously small. when stated to the waitress (Yanna from Bulgaria) she said, but the plate is large....really?????? very pushy on refilling drink order - when we said no, she lost interest in us
- Excellent!daveVIPDined on 7/25/2014Across the board, an excellent restaurant! Wonderful early special.Special Features:
- Great viewAneedaDined on 7/21/2014I love Avenue for the drinks and the view. However, the food could be better. Almost everytime I order meat I have to send it back because of a wrong temp. Overall, I can't be too picky when I dine here because I love to sit outside and sip on my cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AVenue, solid good as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014Our appetizers were ok, not bad, but ho hum. Stuffed zucchini blossoms were eh, wilted. Main course of lamb shank specials were fabu. My husband recommends you serve a thin breadstick to get marrow out. Rhubarb strawberry dessert was also, delish. Our waiter, didn;t know his name, he was fantastic or a very busy Sat night.Special Features:
- birthdaygirlalittledisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014A beautiful outside table and pretty good food but a little snooty and servers treated the pre fixe diners as second class citizens! I specifically said we were celebrating a birthday yet nothing was done to commemorate for birthday!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014It was nice. Sat outside. It was nice to have a seaside view. But hoped it would have been better. More entree options. But good overallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dining at the beachfws3Dined on 7/18/2014Avenue at Pier Village is an upscale experience. Elegant, minimalist decor, French service, and great food and drink. Did I mention that it is beachfront and has a club upstairs? Bring your friends, and bring your wallet, as this place is like "the Hamptons" at the Jersey shore....First class.Special Features:
- yummyDined on 7/18/2014If you eat outside in the back, the Atlantic Ocean is your backdrop. You can't beat that for atmosphere! The menu is classic French.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLE!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/17/2014Rude and pretentious. After ordering nearly $200 worth of food and drinks, the chef refused to make linguini with butter for a 7 year old. The manager was an arrogant dullard who offered no explanation other than the chef refused to accommodate this simple request. "Chef" Dominique Filoni is a joke...you're not at a Michelin Star restaurant...get over yourself!
- You won't be disappointedSaraDined on 7/16/2014You can always depend on a great meal here. We shared the onion tart which is in puff pastry. I had the 1/2 of roast chicken, delicious. The mussels are always good . Everything is well prepared. One of my favorites at the shore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.