23 Ocean Ave
Long Branch, NJ 07740Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.leclubavenue.com/
- Phone: (732) 759-2900
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 4:00 pm - 9 pm
Monday thru Thursday 4:30 pm - 9 pm
Friday 4:30 pm - 10 pm
Saturday 4:30 pm -11 pm
Monday - Friday 11 am - 3:00 pm
Saturday and Sunday 11 am - 3:00 pm
$30.00 3-Course Prix Fixe Menu:
Everyday 4:30 pm - 6pm (except Tuesday - 4:30 - 10pm)
$1.80 Malpeque Oysters
$.95 Littleneck Clams
$7 Martinis and Specialty Cocktails
$6 House Wines by The Glass
Half Price Bar Menu Wednesday and Friday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: Dominique Filoni
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private events available.
- Private Party Contact: Events Coordinator 732-759-2900 x211
- Entertainment: www.avenuenuit.com New Jersey's premier night club Avenue Nuit is a stunning roof top lounge with fabulous ocean views. Open Thursday, Friday, & Saturday 9pm-2am. Call 732-927-0008 for VIP table reservations.
- Special Events: Extension 211
A word from Avenue
Discovering the experience of dining in a place such as Cannes or Nice was never easier than now with the opening of the French Bistro and Raw Bar, Avenue. The only difference between dining at Avenue and dining along the Côte d'Azur, is that your gaze lands on waves on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. Avenue is located along our side of the pond, on our own eastern shores in Long Branch, New Jersey. This gleaming new restaurant is designed by the internationally renowned architect David Collins, and the collaboration is nothing short of amazing.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Avenue - Best Restaurants in Long Branch ›
Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (103)great for outdoor dining (83)special occasion (70)fit for foodies (66)romantic (56)vibrant bar scene (48)hot spot (48)notable wine list (44)good for groups (39)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (29)great for brunch (25)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- DelightfulJaniceVIPDined on 11/16/2014Top Notch! Nothing was remiss. The prix fix is a fantastic value with a great selection. We are looking forward to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avenue's a top choice on Jersey ShoreSamoDined on 11/15/2014Avenue has an outstanding menu, well prepared and presented. The staff is pleasant and attentive. In season the deck and ocean views are terrific. Year round it is romantic and comfortable. The fireplace is nice in winter if you can get nearby. We don't frequent the bar or upstairs, but they seem nicely populated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/7/2014Stopped at the bar for happy hour before taking our dinner reservations. Bar was crowded and the bar tender was slow at pouring a glass of wine while attending to the martinis first. Food was good and pace was appropriate for a Friday night. I was disappointed that the server could not describe what "nage" meant and when the meal was received it was disappointing. The salmon was a bit over-cooked.I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent, different, could be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Decent food, limited choice, somewhat loud, nice view. Service was very attentive, making the experience worthwhile. I'll try again, hoping for less overcooked food and maybe more choice5.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ModeratemihalylaszloDined on 10/31/2014We had dinner in a nearly empty restaurant. Few other guests to server. Nevertheless waitress was rather slow and uninterested. Food was okay. Steak tartare had little taste but the dry ages beef was very good.Special Features:
- What's not to like...OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/31/2014We got street parking right at the door. The restaurant was empty so we sat with a view of the Atlantic Ocean. The chef agreed to prepare a vegetarian dish for me because our server went out of his way to inquire. It was a tasty soba dish. They have sherry by the bottle and glass. The cheeses were good. And they had anisette. Wonderful from start to finish!Special Features:
- Not my first timehdstingerDined on 10/27/2014Having been to this restaurant several times before for dinner, I went for lunch to celebrate my 30th anniversary on a beautiful fall day. I found the lunch menu very disappointing, the selection was weak. I chose the salad Nicoire just because it listed a rare tuna. Three extremely small bites on top and not enough dressing to give anything a flavor. I tried my wife's spagetti with shrimp and I thought it tasted odd. Maybe it was just a bad day because I was quite pleased with all my other visits. The service was excellent as always but, you can't eat service. So, my special day was not what I would of loved it to be. I would still recommend this place for dinner. But for 120 dollars for a lunch that was disappointing no.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE MENUOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014The menu is quite varied which I always enjoy. The steak tartare was very good and presented elegantly. The bronzini was cooked perfectly and served elegantly, the only minus was the amount of oil in the potato base.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/11/2014The Avenue is not what it used to be. Food is pedestrian. Snobbish attitude exists at check in. We were first brought to a table to by the hostess where it was freezing. I politely asked to switch since there were many open tables of two. I was told all those tables of 2 were reserved and the only table was in the bar area. We stayed at the original table and froze. We were uncomfortable throughout the entire dinner and were too cold to even look at the dessert menu. Before leaving I checked those empty tables that were alledgably reserved and not one had any diners.
- Wow!LeeyannDined on 10/3/2014What a wonderful evening! Had a friend from New Orleans with us. Imagine approval from the food capital of the U.S.! She loved it. Service was perfect, every meal was excellent. A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticBobellerzVIPDined on 9/28/2014We loved sitting out on the terrace and watching the sunset while enjoying a glass of wine over dinner. Many thanks for our special night.Special Features:
- The food deserves more respectOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014I wish this lovely food was served with more attention to fine dining than this rough and noisy venue allows. The interior is rather stunning but the Jersey shore crowd and the rushed and inattentive service disappoint. The concierge was confused, the waiter took too long to attend to us, the food was brought out in a haphazard way. On the plus side the food was enjoyable. It was the second time that we were there and both times the menu was enjoyed. The salads are fresh and well seasoned, specialties like escargot and pisalladiere were rich with butter, cheese and herbs. The veal shank, the Bronzino and the steak were all well prepared. We will try it again in the off season to see if the service can catch up to the food experience!
- specialdayDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful dinner. The prixe fix dinner was well worth it. From the appetizers to the desserts, the selections were good. Sitting outside, water views, and not too busy a walk-way made it a perfect day for us. Staff was available but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointmentAndybeeDined on 9/27/2014Love this restaurant, but the salad was wilted with rusty leavesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceDianeKDined on 9/27/2014My fiancee and I were taking my mom, my aunt and our friend Frank out for a birthday brunch/lunch. They were coming from north jersey and we from south jersey, so we tried to meet somewhere in the middle. I searched to find someplace a little special and I found Avenue. What a pleasant surprise. We had a wonderful experience. The service was very friendly and cordial. We had a seat inside by the window and had a beautiful view of the ocean. The food was superb. Something for everyone. They couldn't thank me enough for finding such a great place. Plus, we were able to browse all the little shops there. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit of NYC in Long Branchmbm52Dined on 9/26/2014You used to have to go to New York for excellent French cuisine, but Avenue has provided a worthy local alternative, and it has a spectacular view of the ocean as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvenueLarryfamDined on 9/24/2014I've been here several times. The food is delicious and the service is just right...present, friendly and not overbearing. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/23/2014Hard to read menu price fix menu was a welcome dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great service.knowathingortwoDined on 9/23/2014The food here is always good and sometimes amazingly great. The prie fix on Tuesdays is a bargain and should not be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchjerseyroseDined on 9/21/2014The view of the ocean, the excellent service, and yummy brunch made for a perfect day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedTheFilterDined on 9/19/2014We were staying at Ocean Place and hoped to find a decent meal amongst the beach restaurants. Reviews were so so for Avenue but the location and look of the place were too much to pass up. The food was better than expected and really good. The wine list was impressive and the place had a great vibe. The only issue is the service...too many foreign ladies that don't really try to dote nor communicate what's so special. The service at Sirena was way better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor HostessYoboDined on 9/17/2014Avenue has a terrific location, good food and a service staff which tries, especially to overcome the incompetent and rude hostess staff. Once again with a reservation at two pm and a resturant with seven other guest our table wasn't ready and then we argued over changing it's location. Note, 2 pm, empty resturant, we'd be out way before 'dinner rush'. It was only the intervention of a waiter that my party of eight got a better setting. The food is good enough, the staff tries but it's hard to overcome the entrance problems. They did put a candle on the birthday person's desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seaside dinnerJerrycarolVIPDined on 9/14/2014The entrees of trout & branzino were excellent. Gespacho, beet salad, shrimp cocktail & escargot were delicious appetizers. We selected unusual beverages from an extensive single malt list and exciting wine menu.Special Features:
- Friday at the ShoreInsurancemanVIPDined on 9/12/2014Restaurant is very pretty, location great, good very good with an awesome wine list. Sommelier was knowledgeable and very helpful. Waitress was really below par, unfriendly, in attentive and non responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Predictably greatLeeB13VIPDined on 9/5/2014The Avenue is the place where I take my customers from out of town because it's always predictably great. The seafood appetizer tower was delicious and so was the branzino. We sat outside on the terrace and enjoyed the views. All in all a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD RESORT DINING, BUTeatineddieVIPDined on 9/4/2014EVERYTHING WAS QUITE GOOD EXCEPT THAT NEVER BEFORE HAVE I ORDERED A VEAL CHOP AND BEEN TOLD THAT THE CHEF ONLY PREPARES IT MEDIUM RARE. HAD TO ARGUE WITH THE MANAGER ABOUT THIS AND WAS READY TO LEAVE UNTIL HE AGREED TO HAVING IT COOKED THE WAY I WISHED.....WHO DOES THE RESTAURANT CATER TO, THE CUSTOMER OR A LOONEY CHEF?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/1/2014Always have loved Avenue, but after being a few times and giving it a fair try; I have to saw their raw bar needs some help, especially with the King Crab and Lobster; both on a few occassions have been not so fresh and very fishy tasting. For the price charged, they should definitely ensure the utmost in freshness. Otherwise, it is a good scene and the staff is very accomodating. I will continue to come back, but ex the Lobster and King Crab.Special Features:
- Rude receptionistRudeDined on 8/31/2014Although the overall rating was good unfortunately the receptionist was young and so rude to treat the customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, OK on everything elsecustomer12345Dined on 8/30/2014I specifically requested outdoor seating on the deck (during daylight hours prior to sunset). This place literally had over 30 free tables outside on their deck, but told us that we could not be seated out there because we were not a table of 4 people. During our entire meal we sat and looked at tons of tables not even being filled outside! This is the sole and sole reason alone I will never come back to this place. CustomerSpecial Features:
- Good and badFoodie07470Dined on 8/29/2014The food is excellent here but the service is lacking. It seems to me the help are joy trained in the least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A waste...JayGVIPDined on 8/29/2014Location us great but quality of food and service was poor. Expensive ($34 for a piece of salmon - ridiculous) drinks are $12 plus and a glass of wine $15. Don't water ur time and go elsewhere - a big ripoff. If anything go for happy hour and move on .
- Great food and great view.HRAADined on 8/28/2014Let me begin by saying that the food and view were excellent. It was a great place to celebrate my wife's birthday (including the outdoor concert, fireworks and view of the ocean. The woman who took our order was less than cordial. Not only did she try to clear my plate before I was through but she also cleared my wife's wine glass before she had finished (and told my wife that she would bring it back to her to show her). What ever happened to customer service. However there was one server Preston who went out of his way to see that we were happy. This our 4th time at the Avenue and the one person will not stop us from coming back.Special Features:
- Indifferent staffJerseycookieDined on 8/28/2014My specific request for an outdoor table, our MAIN reason for choosing Avenue, was not honored. The party behind us, larger by one, was immediately seated outside. I will take my out-of-town guests elsewhere in the future, where the staff is NOT indifferent to requests made days in advance.Special Features:
- An Event!StevieDined on 8/27/2014There is something altogether fitting for a wonderful restaurant as Avenue is, to be a most important anchor to Pier Village. It is for all visitors to the Jersey Shore - A MUST VISIT. - And complete in every way - Food, Ambiance, Service --It is wonderful!Special Features:
- Special place to eat and drinkLovesgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/24/2014We were able to sit outside for dinner on the deck looking at the ocean. Table for two. very romantic. waitress was lovely. food was outstanding. started at bar with Happy Hour. Accolades to Luis and Joe.Special Features:
- maltzDined on 8/24/2014we were a party of 6 for brunch on a beatiful sunday early afternoon. Our table was on the back boardwalk overlooking the ocean with a lite breez. We were seated on time. What could be better, well the sevice and food was right up there. Cocktails were delivered on time and no wait on the food. We are looking foward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Missed the MarkkalekingDined on 8/24/2014Been to Avenue before. always loved it. This was first time for brunch. Hmm....odd choices, everything comes with a side salad that i guarantee no one eats. it is literally undressed sea grass. When i asked for a roll, i was told i could order a side order of brioche toast. it came late and dry. and i was charged for it. $5 for a cup of tea is high, but the waitrerss should know better than to pour it before it has properly steeped. Underwhelming eggs benedecit with runny whites. A lot of $$$ for a pretty view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth ItMyRevDined on 8/22/2014Avenue is a bit pricey, but you can work around that if you really want to. Excellent to hang for a first date, or hey, even a last date. While we were there a couple got engaged. I requested via OpenTable that we sit with a view of the ocean and noted that it was my "date's" birthday. They gave us great seats and put a candle in the desert (flourless brownie which is THE BOMB). Their selection of oysters is great, and it's just a good place to eat and hang.Special Features:
- nice viewNinaluv808Dined on 8/20/2014Avenue had a very nice view and the staff was friendly. I had the french oinion soup which was delcious, however my lobster roll was lacking. My table also ordered a side of fries which were really good.Special Features:
- Babysitters are available!TuchDined on 8/19/2014We had 5 adults at out table. After we were seated a group of 5 adults and 2 strollers with babies a few months old were seated next to us. One stroller was practically at our table! At 9:00 pm is it really necessary to bring infants out to dinner. Of course they will cry! They should be in bed!!Special Features: