Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston
One Avenue de Lafayette
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://regencyboston.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/
- Phone: 6174225579
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Armetta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for private and semi-private dining
- Special Events: Avenue One will be offering special menus for Easter, Mother's Day, Christmas and New Year's Eve.
- Cross Street: Washington
- Public Transit: Red Line - Downtown Crossing
Green Line - Park Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Avenue One offers it's patrons discounted validated parking in the Lafayette Garage located beneath the Hyatt Regency Boston. Please dial 617-422-5560 for more details.
A word from Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston
Avenue One serves contemporary New England cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently situated in the heart of downtown, just steps from many theatres, hip bars and South Station. Avenue One is a great location for a hearty breakfast, power lunch, after work drinks and pre-theatre meals. See our website for more details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)fit for foodies (6)romantic (5)good for groups (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice place for pre theater dinnerHungrySheepDined on 10/11/2014Good food. Good price. Overly modern cold setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JakeVIPDined on 10/4/2014Very, very slow service. Felt ignored by wait staff.
- We don't usually eat in hotels butjimboraVIPDined on 10/3/2014Avenue One at the Hyatt is an exception to the rule. We chose it due to its proximity to the Opera House and were most pleasantly surprised by the entire experience. I ordered from the Pre-Theater Menu and my husband ordered from the regular menu. Both of our meals were delicious to every last bite. My husband commented that his crab cakes (an "extra" on his entrée salad), while smallish, were the best he'd ever had at any dining establishment. But for the crab cakes, the portions of everything else were ample. Our meals were beautifully presented. The prices were reasonable. The service was outstanding: attentive and friendly but unobtrusive. We will definitely go back the next time the Opera House is on our agenda.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJohnVIPDined on 9/17/2014Love this place. I always try to eat here at least once when I am in town. If I notice either Josie or Norman at the bar, I will sit there for dinner and I was very happy to see on my one evening in the city, that they were both at the bar on the same night. I ordered the Seafood ravioli, which were simply amazing.
- Near The Opera HouseTheatreDined on 9/16/2014If you are going to see a show at The Opera House this location is the most convenient. For a restaurant in a Hyatt Hotel we were disappointed to have an "upscale restaurant" without any table cloths which certainly set a lower dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient elegance2RobinsDined on 8/16/2014In walking distance to Boston Opera House. Food was delicious and service was quick and convenient. Just what we were looking for. Prices were very reasonable. We'll definitely go back, especially the next time we have a show at the Opera House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealJohnVIPDined on 8/1/2014Love this place. They just started new daily specials. Each week, they feature a different chef. I was in on Curt's week and the pork chop special was amazing. Like them on Facebook. They post a picture of the daily special each day.Special Features:
- Great FoodBNewtDined on 7/18/2014We were in the city to see a show agh the Opera House and stayed overnite at the Hyatt. Our schedule was tight so for convenience we just ate at the hotel. The wait staff was very friendly and courteous as well as efficient. The menu was quite broad for a chain hotel and offered a theater menu special that contained your choice of an appetizer, main course and desert. My wife and I both had the clam chowder for our appetizer and it was superb. She had the steak medallions and I had a seared scallop plate that was awesome. It was cooked to order and was very unique in the flavoring that they were cooked in. Boston cream pie for desert. Our dining experience was a pleasant one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dining!3DiningDivasDined on 7/15/2014The food was excellent! Very inventive selections, prepared perfectly and fresh! Although the servers were polite and courteous we felt more attentiveness was needed. The food was slow to be served then seemed to come all at once. We would definitely return and I would recommend Avenue One to anyone who wants a great meal in an upscale but not snobby restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before going to see PhantomNancyIDined on 7/9/2014We went to Avenue One prior to seeing the Phantom. There were four of us - myself, my daughter and two granddaughters (13 & 15). The atmosphere was very retro - the service was terrific and the food was very good. I have already recommended it to my friend who was looking for a restaurant to go to next week.
- VoilaDined on 7/8/2014This place is usually quiet but the World Cup game was on the TV in the adjoining bar. Didn't bother us at all until fans cheered at goals... :-) Table next to ours had an especially demanding patron. The staff dealt with her crabbiness and off the menu choices very kindly. We often dine here before attending the theater and have come to expect wonderful beverages, meals, and service. This night was just as good as always. Very friendly , competent staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night, painfully slow serviceDiningoutVIPDined on 7/6/2014Its not often that I pan a restaurant, usually there is some redeeming factor that will leave at least some degree of satisfaction. Since I was dining alone, I could only realize the potential that this venue is missing. Its a nice spacious room that needs something to make it lively. An attentive waiter or manager would help. My specific requests were partially honored, it just took 30 minutes to get the sandwich after ordering and then it was not totally correct. There wasn't anything in particular to make this a bad experience. The staff was just indifferent which is not the kind of signal that makes an experience memorable. There are plenty of other options in the area, and it may be a while before this can be a distant memory.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theater stage setter blastSupermanDined on 7/3/2014heard about the lobstah fondooooouuuu !!!!!!!! So i decided to take my girlfriend there before the Phantom of the Opera, stage play. It was definitely awesome pre-theater entree. Food and service was remarkable, top shelf. Definitely will return on our next theater stop. Very professional place , also the Terrace was a great start for a cocktail while we waited for our table. Loved it. Bam Boozle !!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food.JayJayDined on 6/28/2014We ate lunch, dinner, and breakfast brunch the next morning. The crab cakes and shrimp cocktail we had for lunch were great. The filet of beef we had for supper was delicious. The breakfast buffet selections were great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & Food ExcellentMusicalfansDined on 6/27/2014We were staying at the hotel due to its location to the Opera House. We also wanted to eat there in order not be rushed. So we really did not have any high expectations. All I can say is the staff of the restaurant provided extraordinary service. We felt personally welcomed. The food was of excellent quality, and served promptly. At the end we were surprised with a large platter with two deserts on it and happy anniversary written on it in chocolate. We could not have been more impressed. We can highly recommend this restaurant as a warm and welcoming dining experience,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 481 reviews are from the Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston reviews archive.
- Mother's Day BrunchHoneybeebrowneDined on 5/11/2014Great selection for brunch. Oysters, champagne, wonderful charcutiere selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/11/2014We went to Mother's Day brunch here. The food (buffet with a few cooking stations) and service was fantastic. Highly recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/10/2014delicious food; attentive, friendly staff; overall great dining experience - we will definitely returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater-goers delightChuckDined on 4/23/2014The Hyatt is adjacent to a public parking garage on Avenue de Lafayette and offers a discount on parking for those dining at the hotel. It is a half-block from both the Paramount and the Boston Opera House. Park in the garage, have a great meal at the great restaurant, walk to the theater, return to the garage to claim the car. To receive the discount, the hostess at Avenue One stamps your parking ticket after your meal. You should hold the ticket until after the show, and pay on your way back to the car, to receive the discount. If you try to pay before the show, the garage will not honor the discount. The menu at the restaurant is organic, natural, locally-sourced and unusual in the selections offered. It will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-theatre dinnerMomofblondiesDined on 4/22/2014I had the pleasure of dining at Avenue One before seeing a show at the Boston Opera House. We were a party of 4, with one adult and three teens. Typically we would not be treated as well as a party of all adults but the staff at Avenue One went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. My oldest still raves about her steak and blue cheese sandwich and looks forward to returning this summer when we see Phantom of the Opera. As do the rest of us! Thank you for the excellent service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainAndyDined on 4/20/2014Variety of food extremely limited. Quality poor, seemed like food was sitting out a long time and not fresh. Asked multiple times for coffee and tea to no avail. Table was so large for 4 people you had to shout to hear your guests speak. Made you pay prior to entering. Overall a horrible Easter experience. Would never go back.
- Lovely brunchDoFamDined on 4/20/2014This was the second year in a row that we celebrated Easter brunch at Avenue One, so that says it all! We particularly enjoy it because, in addition to the delicious and varied food selection, the activities available for children are outstanding. It is a very nice hotel and restaurant that is welcoming to everyone that enters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre/post theater diningJimAndLindaDined on 4/19/2014Loved the lobster + crab fondue! Very convenient to theaters. A few minor hiccups in service but overall a positive experience.Special Features:
- Need to fix the servicedorchesterddVIPDined on 4/17/2014A year or so ago, this restaurant was not too bad -- a decent place to go close to the Opera House. This year when we tried it for that reason, it was a complete failure. We told every staff member we interacted with that we had a 7:30 show to catch, and even so, our entrees didn't arrive until 7:05 (we sat at 6:00). The staff was uninformed about the menu and did not understand most of our requests. The 2 wines by the glass we tried were horrible, and even the manager seemed unable to get the wait staff to move at pace. The food was fine, once it showed up.
- A great option for theater-goersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014The food wasn't amazing, but it was certainly a worth it for a fun night out. As it's only a half-block from Boston Opera House, with parking downstairs (pay when you park to avoid the line after), it doesn't get much easier, and the wine and cocktails were nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good For Pre TheaterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2014The service was very good and this was an uncrowded, quiet and convenient place for dinner before the theater. I wouldn't consider it done dining but was okay for a sandwich before dinner. The menu was rather uninspired but had a pretty good selection. The Lobster Grilled Cheese looked interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around greatUmyameDined on 4/8/2014Service was impeccable and the wait staff amazing. They were attentive,helpful and very amusing. We were doing theatre and arrived earlier than our 5:30 reservation ( no traffic from Everett ,go figure) We were only patrons but soon it was full. The meal was excellent. We ordered from pre-fix dinners. Caesar salad and chowder very good. Chicken entree was wonderful as was my wife's risotto and scallops. Dessert to die for. We valet parked and only short walk to the Opera House.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theater DinnerMimaVIPDined on 4/6/2014Refined and quiet dinner choice just a half block from Boston's Opera House with underground parking - what could be better? The staff was friendly and accommodating and got us done with time to spare. We never felt rushed. Good menu with choices from tapas type nibbles to full dinners, including burgers, salads and sandwiches. Very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Matinee at Boston Opera HouseTheaterDined on 4/6/2014Very good breakfast buffet coupled with outstanding service. Very convenient parking in adjacent garage and easy walk to theater district.Special Features:
- Good pre-theater dining optionJimAndLindaDined on 4/5/2014Overall a very good experience. Ordered from the pre-theater menu and enjoyed our selections. Wait staff was attentive and our food came very promptly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service a little lackingmrstibsVIPDined on 3/28/2014Stopped in Friday for lunch. I had the clam chowder and fish and chips. Both were excellent. My sister had white beans soup beef tenderloins (I think). She enjoyed bothh as well. The seating is very casual and fun. The only thing was that it seemed that there was a lack of servers. We were waited on quickly and the food came very quickly, although not ours the first time. When we got our food it was good but we never got ketchup for the fries even though we asked for it. We also never got any water refills. I would give it anoter try because the food was good and we did like the ambiance. I'll try it next time we go to the Opera House.Special Features:
- The food was great, the serviceVitaDined on 3/26/2014The food was great, the service was also good. It was a great atmostphere. I would certainly recommend it to friends, relatives and co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go before theOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/28/2014Great place to go before the ballet, as it's less then a 5 minute walk to the opera house. The server was attentive the menu had allot to offer and the food was very good. It was our first time there and it wouldn't be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avenue One is a great optionBennyDined on 2/20/2014Avenue One is a great option when looking for a pre-theatre dinner option. Inside the Hyatt hotel, just steps to the Boston Opera House, the many food options, excellent martinis, and attentive service made for an exceptional dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014We booked our table for a very busy night and weren't sure what to expect. The service was very attentive and accommodating to our requests for changes. The food was great; we had the crab cakes (with big lumps of crab), the arrancini in a delightfully spicy tomato base, and lobster and crab fondue, which we really enjoyed. We will definitely keep it in mind for our next meal in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Valentine's SpotKaRobDined on 2/14/2014Went this past Valentine's Day. Given how quickly restaurants in the city fill up I was surprised by the number of tables open during our 8:00 o'clock seating, but not the least bit disappointed by the food or service. The restaurant seemed equally well-suited for a quieter couples evening, while also catering to families with (young, well-behaved) kids. We ended up choosing from the standard delicious offerings, but the restaurant also featured a prix fixe Valentine's Day menu. All-in-all a great evening I'd be happy to repeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food in a hotel siteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014A lot of diners were from the hotel. But it should not be. The food was worthy of a visit even if you live in Boston. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of food. Staff was so friendly and accommodating as well. It was as wonderful experience! Will definitely go back. Portions were big!Special Features:
- Great Pre-Theater Optionout4greendayDined on 2/8/2014Took 2 kids (13 & 10) out to a show in the theater district of Boston and had dinner prior at Avenue One. Good food, great service. Accommodating of our show schedule. Kids customized their orders to suite their tastes. Chowder was creamy and delicious, as were the Boston Creme Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake desserts. Plenty to choose from for appetizers, dinner entrees, sides, and drinks too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.happyguestDined on 1/25/2014Dined here with my wife and the whole experience was excellent. The food was great and I was very impressed with the level of service we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new menuJohnVIPDined on 1/24/2014Ate there a couple times last week to be able to try several new menu items. I would suggest the Bison Chili, the Short Ribs and Short Rib sliders, and the lobster butternut hash. All very good. Service was excellent to. The two bartenders that were working Wed and Thur night were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.