Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston
One Avenue de Lafayette
Boston, MA 02111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://regencyboston.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/restaurants/
- Phone: (617) 422-5579
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kelly Armetta
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Available for private and semi-private dining
- Special Events: Avenue One will be offering special menus for Easter, Mother's Day, Christmas and New Year's Eve.
- Cross Street: Washington
- Public Transit: Red Line - Downtown Crossing
Green Line - Park Street
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Avenue One offers it's patrons discounted validated parking in the Lafayette Garage located beneath the Hyatt Regency Boston. Please dial 617-422-5560 for more details.
A word from Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston
Avenue One serves contemporary New England cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Conveniently situated in the heart of downtown, just steps from many theatres, hip bars and South Station. Avenue One is a great location for a hearty breakfast, power lunch, after work drinks and pre-theatre meals. See our website for more details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Avenue One at the Hyatt Regency Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (6)fit for foodies (5)good for groups (5)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Amazing food in a hotel siteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014A lot of diners were from the hotel. But it should not be. The food was worthy of a visit even if you live in Boston. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of food. Staff was so friendly and accommodating as well. It was as wonderful experience! Will definitely go back. Portions were big!Special Features:
- Great Pre-Theater Optionout4greendayDined on 2/8/2014Took 2 kids (13 & 10) out to a show in the theater district of Boston and had dinner prior at Avenue One. Good food, great service. Accommodating of our show schedule. Kids customized their orders to suite their tastes. Chowder was creamy and delicious, as were the Boston Creme Pie and Pumpkin Cheesecake desserts. Plenty to choose from for appetizers, dinner entrees, sides, and drinks too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.happyguestDined on 1/25/2014Dined here with my wife and the whole experience was excellent. The food was great and I was very impressed with the level of service we received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new menuJohnVIPDined on 1/24/2014Ate there a couple times last week to be able to try several new menu items. I would suggest the Bison Chili, the Short Ribs and Short Rib sliders, and the lobster butternut hash. All very good. Service was excellent to. The two bartenders that were working Wed and Thur night were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, but nothingMichelleDined on 1/18/2014The food was good, but nothing spectacular. I did feel the value was good. We got the pre-theater prix fixe menu, and there was a good variety of choices on the menu.Special Features:
- A disasterOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014This is the first and last time I will visit Avenue One. The service was inexcusably poor. From what I could tell, they had only one waiter taking orders and serving. He was trying his best, but he clearly did not understand English very well which did not help the situation. At one point, it appeared as if someone recruited the man busing tables to help with serving meals. The restaurant was not busy. In fact, there were more empty tables than full ones. We were seated us at 5:45 but did not receive our main course until 7:05. To make matters worse, when we needed to leave, I had to search for someone to give us the bill. It was clear that patrons at tables surrounding mine had the same experience and were clearly annoyed.
- Nice RestaurantMikeDined on 1/18/2014This was a good looking restaurant. Very good ambiance and definitely more modern. The pre-theater menu was very good, covering a range of ideas. The clam chowder, scallops, and beef medallions were all excellent. Unfortunately, party of 8 was seated nearby (3 adults+ 5 children), which was slightly disturbing. Otherwise, it was a good evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre show perfectionDinerdebDined on 1/17/2014First time diners - we had a perfect dinner before a Friday night show at the Opera House. We ate from the prix fixe menu and the food was perfect and exceeded our expectations. Nice ambiance and great service. I left behind a birthday card with a gift certificate inside, they kept it and mailed it to my home. Doormen, everyone we came in contact with was gracious and it made it a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Good place to go before theCgjkDined on 1/9/2014Good place to go before the theater. Definitely feels like you are eating in a hotel lobby.
- Great find for us theaterFullPlateVIPDined on 1/9/2014Great find for us theater goers. Dinner was delicious; service was excellent. Walking distance to Opera House. Parking nearby. Best part was that we could have a conversation, since noise issues are managed well, which is not necessarily the case with other theater district restaurants. Liked the idea of the sharing portions as well. Could sample several dishes for a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Your Typical Hotel RestaurantbettyjarvisDined on 12/25/2013Attention to detail, quality, and freshness of food, raises this hotel restaurant above others. The streamlined, casual menu offers choices for most palates, and centers around New England offerings. It is a convenient culinary option when sticking around the hotel. Families are welcome, but it's not a place where kids are running amok. The dining room is spacious but when well-attended, not noisy. Salads were fresh, burgers good -- chowder was a little over-ripe. "Fish and Chips" was touted as containing cod, but while freshly prepared, had the taste and appearance of another variety of fish. Again, however, it is a convenient option for those staying in the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theater OptionLeeLeeVIPDined on 12/22/2013Avenue One is a good pre-theater option. You can park there and walk to the Opera House (so close which is good on a cold day). The brunch buffet was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday wishesdennisdinerDined on 12/18/2013I took my wife here before for a birthday night diner before going to see The Nutcracker at the Opera House very close by. On my Open Table reservation I requested a small dessert with a candle on it for her birthday. I said it could be added to the bill. Instead, they brought out a beautiful plate with two desserts: A small Boston Cream Pie on one end of the long plate and a decadent chocolate dessert on the other end. On the plate was written Happy Birthday in chocolate. Several waiters came over to sing Happy Birthday for her as well. The dessert was fantastic and best of all, complimentary. This set a wonderful tone for the evening.Special Features:
- Excellent as always.JohnVIPDined on 12/12/2013This place is great. Must be why we keep going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre theatermheadmomDined on 12/10/2013The lobster crab fondue was excellent. Our only complaint is about a drink which was made with a sour mix and not from scratch. They did offer to bring another. My guest did not want one, but was surprised that a restaurant of this quality would use a mix at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect brunchatt71Dined on 12/1/2013Had brunch with my mother here before the Nutcracker. Fun, modern atmosphere convenient to parking (under the hotel/restaurant) and the theatre district. We both had the buffet which had a great selection of fresh fruits, pancakes, bacon, sausage, omelet station, even the scrambled eggs were delicious. The service was polite and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic service!ShawnaDined on 11/28/2013Great atmosphere. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Thoroughly enjoyed out Thanksgiving meal there. Nice large portions too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-ballet supperOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2013Convenient and good. Although there didn't seem to be reservations available at 6:00, the retaurant was empty when we arrived and so were seated early. Food was very good, nice choices, not too expensive. I would recommend it and would go there again,.
- Pre or apres balletfoodieVIPDined on 10/27/2013We truly enjoyed our Sunday brunch prior to the Boston Ballet's matinee. The food was delicious particularly the roasted potatoes & the goodies from the gridle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient But DisappointingRayMoDined on 10/26/2013The location could not be better for those attending performances at The Opera House. This was our first visit and, based on past reviews, photos and menu on-line, we were looking forward to our dining experience, with the hopes of finding a new spot close to this venue. But, alas, this was not to be. Our greeting was most cordial, service exemplary, but food somewhat less satisfactory, especially the salmon which was dry. The greatest drawback, however, was the ambience. Table linens might have helped soften the sterile atmosphere of the dining area. We regret having to give less than a stellar review to Avenue One. We do, however, plan to try again, but for lunch when the ambience and food may be more conducive to a casual meal.
- The menu has changed but stillBillCVIPDined on 10/25/2013The menu has changed but still has many choices at reasonable prices. Service is always friendly and efficient (except when they get over whelmed pre-theatre sometimes; not this occasion). I used my open table check with no problem.
- Great place before or after TheaterCapecodlady88Dined on 9/15/2013Boston Opera House is just across the street. Parking available, breakfast was delicious, fresh ingredients, didn't feel rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!KathyDined on 9/10/2013What a surprisingly wonderful dining experience. We enjoyed every aspect of our time at Avenue One.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out or in... With patiencejemiamDined on 8/27/2013We were early for our reservation so had drinks outside on the Terrace. It was comfortable and lovely. You could opt to dine there with a revised menu. The waitress was great. Inside the table and decor was lovely. Our waiter was uncertain of the beers offered even after we mentioned we just had the same beer outside at the Terrace restaurant. We placed our orders. The waiter to come back and apologize stating he had us order from a lunch menu. We ordered an appetizer from the main menu and dinner from the restaurant week menus. We got our soups then main courses because our waiter forgot to put in our appetizer. A lovely young lady brought us the appetizer on the house. All blips aside, the evening was lovely and the food was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, slow serviceNotafoodieDined on 8/27/2013Food was excellent. Obviously fresh and prepared with care. Service was a bit slow... we allowed for 2 hours of dining before a show and barely made it on time. But, wait staff was very accommodating and friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunch spot in downtownDCBostonVIPDined on 8/25/2013Lunch was lovely. Great food and great service. I would recommend that the background music be changed and I would have hoped for something nice to look at. Overall, a great dining spot in the downtown area especially if you are staying in the hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2013Food was fantastic, Waiter never offered coffee, had to wait a extended amount of time to get his attention for coffee. A little to bright and tables could use linens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was completelyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2013The restaurant was completely empty except for one other table, on a Friday night. So it was quiet and the service was prompt, but that is expected. The food was good but not remarkable. Also, we ate off the Restaurant Week menu. Two desserts were on the menu, but they were out of one of them, and had no substitution, which was a disappointment. The lighting is very spotlight-y and not comfortable.
- good food, slow servicesusieqDined on 8/20/2013Went here for a pre theatre dinner. Food was good, waiter was nice , pacing was so slow we had to skip dessert or miss curtain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet spot for lunchMish2702Dined on 8/19/2013visited during restaurant week - it was not busy at all. The food was good with a nice presentation. the chairs were particularly comfortable and not what you normally find at a restaurant. Good place for a low-key lunchSpecial Features:
- Good food, terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013My husband and I went for dinner before a show. We never seemed to have a waiter. The host/hostess took care of us, but weren't very good. They did not know the cut of steak on the menu, took forever to get our food, and we had to ask for the check so we wouldn't miss the show. Bottom line, the food was good but not good enough get me to go there again.
- Avenue OneblarondeVIPDined on 8/13/2013This is a great spot to dine before events at the Opera House. The menu has something for everyone, and location can't be beat for convenience when we park at the hotel garage. Next time, I'll order the seafood fondue appetizer as my meal, as it is delicious and I won't have to share! Salads are always crisp and fresh. Menu is not exotic, which I like - we avoid menus with too many italics, which implies explanations are necessary. You'll find fish, beef, pasta and I think vegetarian entrees as well. Nice cocktail menu as well.
- Perfect locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2013Great location - had dinner before our show and dessert after. Food was delicious, service was outstanding and easy location for parking and walk to our play .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchEatingOutDined on 7/24/2013The dining room is very attractive; distinctive high chairs and settees. The food was delicious and presented very nicely. It was a great place for a relaxing lunch.Special Features:
- The food & service is justboston1VIPDined on 6/29/2013The food & service is just ok. They do cater to the theater crowd so if you're in a rush it's an option.
- Perfect location if goingMellowDined on 6/29/2013Perfect location if going to the Opera House Theatre. Our waiter was very good - a little hard to understand with his accent - but very attentive. I got the salmon, which was delicious. You can choose your seasoning and toppings for entrees. Very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceJohnVIPDined on 5/18/2013I have not been in a while and I was very pleased that it was just as great as I remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionRinnyVIPDined on 5/13/2013My first time at this restaurant & everything was great! I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Mother's Day BrunchDalynewsDined on 5/12/2013The brunch was just okay. Food on the buffet wasn't replenished as quickly as needed to keep up with the number of diners. While my expectations were not high because of the holiday nature of the brunch, I expected more from a $50 per head brunch. The roast turkey and sirloin carving stations were both very good. The breakfast (omelots) were over cooked. The other hot lunch items had been sitting for awhile and the raw bar was lacking the clams and oysters both times I checked on it. The service was mediocre at best, wrong juice (orange vs apple request) initially brought to the table and later a requested glass of milk arrived at the end of our meal. I might give the brunch a try on a non holiday weekend but am not anxious to return.
- Mother's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013We were seated in one of the functions rooms, which we all hated. I will say that the food I selected was good. however, I like to enjoy the entire experience and ambience is part of that. Since we have been coming for four years, I would add that although they had a fairly good selection of food, it was reduced from what it had been in previous years. Service was another disappointment. The wait staff asked our preference for coffee and drinks, we told him we wanted both after we got our food. 20 minutes after we had gotten our first plates, I had to snag down a random waiter to get him to both clear the table and get us coffee and Mimosa..