789 E. Lancaster Ave
Villanova, PA 19085Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.avekitchen.com/
- Phone: (610) 525-3950
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gregory Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine Bar
A word from Avenue Kitchen
Avenue Kitchen serves fresh, uncomplicated and delicious food. The menu brings together commonly loved classics using the freshest, finest ingredients to present simple and approachable, modern American cooking. This neighborhood gathering spot features a bar offering wine, beer and craft cocktails. Another major appeal to this Villanova dining destination is the industrial chic interior including Emeco chairs from recycled Coke bottles and reclaimed wood tabletops from Provenance Architecturals of Philadelphia. The decor boasts a simple, modern design with a hint of glamour. Guests will enjoy consuming the freshest ingredients in the most satisfying dishes amidst an alluring atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Avenue Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Villanova ›
Avenue Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (27)good for groups (26)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (16)great for brunch (15)special occasion (13)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)romantic (6)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/23/2014What a beautiful restaurant. Our meal and server were both fantastic! Excellent lobster roll! I can not wait to go back soon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice date with my hubbyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/22/2014My husband and I went for dinner Saturday night. We had a drink at the bar first and then had dinner. The atmosphere is nice and the food was good! He got a lobster roll and it was huge (and he loved it)!! We thought it wasn't kid friendly but we saw a bunch of families there so we will bring our son with us next time!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014We had a nice experience at Avenue Kitchen. The bar area is really pretty and the drinks are yummy. I didn't love where we sat for dinner but it was fine..... It was close to the door so we were chilly. The food was delicious! we had the hummus which was for good. For dinner we had the scallops and pasta with sausage, asparagus and tomatoes. Both were delicious but the pasta dish was outstanding!!! I can't wait to go again just for the pasta dish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool atmosphere and great foodBrittabooooDined on 11/17/2014We were really pleased with the atmosphere, service and food. Wayne was our waiter and he was terrific, knew the menu very well and offered us plenty of recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Small portions. Slow service.ATPSDined on 11/15/2014Great ambiance! However, we were not thrilled with our meal. Our appetizer (ahi tuna tacos) was incredibly small- We would have appreciated a heads up about that - we would have ordered more food. Entree (scallops) was absurdly small. $26 for three scallops!? Burger came out without fries (!?) and we ate the whole burger before the fries even arrived. We had to ask twice for the fries. I asked for a second drink and it took a long time. We wanted dessert but worried that it would take 30 minutes! Food was good... portions were just SO small. Servers were nice and the hostess was lovely.
- Outstanding up a little chilly.Marissa92Dined on 11/8/2014I had a great night dining at Avenue Kitchen. I was originally a little cold sitting at a table near the door. I told my server and she immediately asked the host to move us to a warmer table. After that, the night was great! The food was outstanding and came out promptly despite the busy atmosphere. The restaurant was a little loud but that just added to the overall excitement of being in a busy and likable location. Will definitely recommend this to all my friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll definitely go back!foodfanVIPDined on 11/8/2014We made reservations through open table and were glad we did as the restaurant was hopping at 7:30 on a Saturday night. Wayne was our waiter, very attentive and an all around good waiter! He gave us some recommendations on good menu items and we enjoyed the hummus (at his recommendation) as an appetizer. The salmon entree was really tasty, and the chicken entree my husband ate was really moist and I feel it would be good for less adventurous eaters! The chocolate cake on the menu was small and round - but it was good for sharing with a side of ice cream. We will definitely go back, lots of parking and reasonably priced wine, all of which adds to the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendIleanaDined on 11/8/2014My girlfriends and I went out to Avenue Kitchen and I will be bringing my picky husband as soon as we get a chance. I had the dates as an app and the branzino for my main dish. They were both wonderful. I can't stop thinking about those dates. The server was outstanding as well. As was the staff who greeted me warmly with a smile at the door. I look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceLisafromPhillyDined on 11/8/2014The food is consistently delicious and the staff is friendly and helpful! This is the third time I have visited this restaurant and was not disappointed even once. I would highly recommend the Avenue Kitchen!!Special Features:
- Disappointing return visitLafayetteHillVIPDined on 11/2/2014Husband and I went for quick Sunday night dinner. Restaurant was cold- had to keep coat on during dinner despite asking server to make it warmer. Most disappointing "large chopped Mediterranean salad"--for $15 it was a pile of shredded iceberg lettuce with a minimal amount of feta and chopped olive. Could have made this at home for $3. skimping on ingredients very obvious. Fish tacos were very tasty but had minimal actual fish in them.Special Features:
- bad nightDeniseVIPDined on 11/1/2014I think it would have been better if the service was good, then the waitress would have know early enough to rectified the undercook pasta our dinner guest received. She checked on our table way too late. It also didn't help that the wait for our meal was at least an hour after we got our salads. After being there over 2 hrs, our friend ate half a salad and some of our meals, he didn't want to risk waiting for a new meal. The manager offered us two free desserts, but the chocolate cake and berry cobbler were not even good. I loved my tuna steak sandwich. We liked the bar and the bartender. If we are in the area I would like to try it again for lunch, the sandwich menu looks good. Just think it was bad night for them...
- Wonderful food and serviceCriticsCannotCookDined on 11/1/2014The main courses were excellent [(1) the steak and (2) the branzino]. The wine list was limited but the selections were very good. The servers were enjoyable and competent, which is rare for the mainline. The only drawback was the dessert, which was only average [chocolate cake]. The coffee was burnt. If the owner brings the dessert and coffee up to the excellent standards applied to the main courses, this restaurant will be one of the best on the main line.Special Features:
- Disappointing FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/31/2014Been to Ave Kitchen many times. However Friday night's experience was quite disappointing. We ordered drinks and the mussels. When we wanted to order our main dish we were told by our server the kitchen shut down early because it wasn't busy and he was unaware. It was only 9:30pm! I don't blame the our server. It's the managements fault. They should inform staff and customers beforehand. Definitely not a late night find.
- Fun night outLuv2eatoutalwaysDined on 10/30/2014Diverse menu, good food and fun atmosphere.. Great service too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely be backSkayaDined on 10/29/2014No complaints - Paul was a great server, did not rush us and we visited for a nice long time over lunch between old friends - the tuna was outstanding, wine list extensive, somewhat expensive, but the varitey was well chosen - we asked for a quiet table and were given a most comfortable booth - it was a lovely lunch all around. And everything people say about the fries, is true. Even if you don't want to indulge, you will because you can't just have ONE, they are that good.Special Features:
- Great restaurant on the Main Line!beachfoodieDined on 10/25/2014Really good food - they have something for everyone - some casual sandwiches, and also nice entrees as well. Wines by the glass were good, and they had really high end and mid-range too. I think the only negative was that I felt rushed, but it was homecoming weekend at Villanova and the only reservation I could get was really early. Good service and good food.Special Features:
- good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We loved our meal; interesting menu and good food and service Noise is an issue when there is a group. Would definitely recommend it for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glad we found this oneHud14Dined on 10/17/2014Glad we found Avenue Kitchen. It feels like a date night out in the city even though it's near home. Great menu and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMEGreatDined on 10/2/2014Had a great experience. Great service by Rick. Great food. A unique experience. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch PlacehelneubVIPDined on 10/1/2014Always good food, wonderful presented in a comfortable, relaxing room. Attentive, friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantPhillyPhoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014I live in the upper Main Line and I can't find a decent restaurant nearby to save my life. Avenue Kitchen is really good. I had the Farro salad which was excellent and my partner had the pork chop which was equally good. the decor and ambiance are lovely. I will definitely be back when I'm really hungry to try a proper entree. It's excellent for a suburban restaurant!Special Features:
- Always greatLydiaSmileVIPDined on 9/24/2014I really enjoyed the muscles with grilled bread and sausage.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FairJamieVIPDined on 9/21/2014Easy to stop in here. Never really busy. Service was passable. Salmon and string beans were salty. Burger was good
- Great BruncharlmomDined on 9/14/2014My daughter and I recently ate there for Sunday brunch. She said the 3-egg omelet with goat cheese was one of the best meals she has ever had and she knows food. My BLT with avocado was excellent, too. Great service, great food.Special Features:
- Not as good as beforepinkmonkeyVIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been to Avenue Kitchen couple of times and we loved it, food, service, ambiance were all good before. But this time...very disappointing. We were seated at 7:30 pm, ordered our dinner, two non-meat entries, bronzino and scallops were out of order; we ordered half a bottle Champagne to celebrate my B day, 5 or 10 minutes later, we were told that Champagne was also out. We managed to finish our dinner, food is mediocre. At checkout, $45 half bottle Champagne was on our bill, even though our waiter has been very politely apologized for the mistake. Kind of disappointment for a well-known fancy Mainline restaurant.Special Features:
- Boring food, weak wineJimsieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Bar scene only! Like eating in a drum. Former restaurant decor much betterSpecial Features:
- LunchSandPDined on 9/11/2014Enjoyed lunch here with a friend this week. It was a pleasant place to have a conversation with reasonable prices. The food was OK but not exceptional. The salmon burger was so-so, although the fries were tasty & crispy.
- Great girls nightNewtousaDined on 9/9/2014Fabulous atmosphere, lovely bar, very modern. Nice appetizers and great easy menu. Something for everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good; wine priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Met with friends for dinner. Service and food good but wine prices are high per glass.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/31/2014Four of us had brunch here this past Sunday and enjoyed the experience very much. The renovation of this space was very attractive and comfortable for diners. Food was good and well prepared and the service was excellent. We will return.Special Features:
- Perfect!VillanovaparentDined on 8/20/2014All of the food was so flavorful! We enjoyed every single bite. The atmosphere was perfectly modern, cozy and calm, yet the bar area added a delightful hum to the air. We'll be back often when we come to Villanova University to see our daughter. We loved this restaurant, and look forward to returning. I want to eat more of their food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local placePaulaRCVIPDined on 8/18/2014Has good and not good points- overall good stronger than otherI would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningLuvItalianDiningDined on 8/15/2014A bit noisy when seated near bar. Service always attentive. The salmon and pork a bit over cooked but still very tasty. We enjoy the restaurant so do recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itjklkfaheyVIPDined on 8/12/2014We dined on a Tuesday evening. The restaurant had a decent crowd for a tuesday night. Decor was beautiful. Service was good, our server was friendly and attentive. Food was good...the fries and brussel sprouts were lacking salt but otherwise everything was enjoyable -- we had a cheese board, mango bbq quesadillas, mussels, greek pizza, avocado BLT and brussel sprouts. Dessert was underwhelming, my husband ordered a chocolate milkshake which he said was good, however the "chipwich" (chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich) was disappointing, cookies were hard, ice cream was just plain vanilla, just thought they missed the mark on this one. Overall a nice meal. Would recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Disappointing experience. Although the food's presentation was pleasing, much of the food lacked taste / seasoning. The server was not attentive and service from the bar was very slow.
- luncherDined on 8/11/2014My waiter was very polite and kind however he was not attentive. We asked for a minute to look at the menu and 10 minutes later I had to stand up and look for my waiter to put in our order. Again, even after telling him we were in a hurry I had to get up from my table to find someone to give my credit card for payment. The restaurant was not busy by any means. I would have appreciated his attention. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentNJresidentDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is not a good value, meaning that one should get much better food for the prices they charge. Also, service was awful with the waitress directing me to read the menu instead of describing the dish.Special Features:
- TerrificNancyDined on 8/4/2014I'm so happy that I have a gem like this near my work. I met a friend for lunch and everything about our visit was wonderful. Great place, service and DELICIOUS food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!JnSEatsVIPDined on 8/3/2014Summer Sundays are quiet, but usually a bustling bar scene, excellent food and attentive service. We have been three times on various nights, and have always had a great dinner. Love, love the decor! Feels like a restaurant in center city with infinitely easier parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotAnnieGVIPDined on 8/1/2014Avenue always has a great mix of creative options. Mussels are great with the sausage, a little bitey but that worked for us, may not for others. A very generous portion for an appetizer; the three of us enjoyed it. Hamburger was huge and perfect. Mango, chicken quesadillas were great, a little wet and they broke apart, but the taste was there. The server was mostly attentive, appetizer and drinks were quick but entrees seemed to take longer that they should as the restaurant was not full. Service was attentive: waiter, busperson (young girl was sweet and prompt) and other helpers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.