789 E. Lancaster Ave
Villanova, PA 19085Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.avekitchen.com/
- Phone: 6105253950
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Gregory Smith
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine Bar
A word from Avenue Kitchen
Avenue Kitchen serves fresh, uncomplicated and delicious food. The menu brings together commonly loved classics using the freshest, finest ingredients to present simple and approachable, modern American cooking. This neighborhood gathering spot features a bar offering wine, beer and craft cocktails. Another major appeal to this Villanova dining destination is the industrial chic interior including Emeco chairs from recycled Coke bottles and reclaimed wood tabletops from Provenance Architecturals of Philadelphia. The decor boasts a simple, modern design with a hint of glamour. Guests will enjoy consuming the freshest ingredients in the most satisfying dishes amidst an alluring atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Avenue Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Villanova ›
Avenue Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)great for lunch (37)good for groups (37)fit for foodies (35)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (16)special occasion (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great BruncharlmomDined on 9/14/2014My daughter and I recently ate there for Sunday brunch. She said the 3-egg omelet with goat cheese was one of the best meals she has ever had and she knows food. My BLT with avocado was excellent, too. Great service, great food.Special Features:
- Not as good as beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/13/2014We have been to Avenue Kitchen couple of times and we loved it, food, service, ambiance were all good before. But this time...very disappointing. We were seated at 7:30 pm, ordered our dinner, two non-meat entries, bronzino and scallops were out of order; we ordered half a bottle Champagne to celebrate my B day, 5 or 10 minutes later, we were told that Champagne was also out. We managed to finish our dinner, food is mediocre. At checkout, $45 half bottle Champagne was on our bill, even though our waiter has been very politely apologized for the mistake. Kind of disappointment for a well-known fancy Mainline restaurant.Special Features:
- Boring food, weak wineJimsieDined on 9/12/2014Bar scene only! Like eating in a drum. Former restaurant decor much betterSpecial Features:
- LunchSandPDined on 9/11/2014Enjoyed lunch here with a friend this week. It was a pleasant place to have a conversation with reasonable prices. The food was OK but not exceptional. The salmon burger was so-so, although the fries were tasty & crispy.
- Great girls nightNewtousaDined on 9/9/2014Fabulous atmosphere, lovely bar, very modern. Nice appetizers and great easy menu. Something for everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good; wine priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Met with friends for dinner. Service and food good but wine prices are high per glass.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Four of us had brunch here this past Sunday and enjoyed the experience very much. The renovation of this space was very attractive and comfortable for diners. Food was good and well prepared and the service was excellent. We will return.Special Features:
- Perfect!VillanovaparentDined on 8/20/2014All of the food was so flavorful! We enjoyed every single bite. The atmosphere was perfectly modern, cozy and calm, yet the bar area added a delightful hum to the air. We'll be back often when we come to Villanova University to see our daughter. We loved this restaurant, and look forward to returning. I want to eat more of their food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local placePaulaRCVIPDined on 8/18/2014Has good and not good points- overall good stronger than otherI would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningLuvItalianDiningDined on 8/15/2014A bit noisy when seated near bar. Service always attentive. The salmon and pork a bit over cooked but still very tasty. We enjoy the restaurant so do recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itjklkfaheyVIPDined on 8/12/2014We dined on a Tuesday evening. The restaurant had a decent crowd for a tuesday night. Decor was beautiful. Service was good, our server was friendly and attentive. Food was good...the fries and brussel sprouts were lacking salt but otherwise everything was enjoyable -- we had a cheese board, mango bbq quesadillas, mussels, greek pizza, avocado BLT and brussel sprouts. Dessert was underwhelming, my husband ordered a chocolate milkshake which he said was good, however the "chipwich" (chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich) was disappointing, cookies were hard, ice cream was just plain vanilla, just thought they missed the mark on this one. Overall a nice meal. Would recommend this restaurant to a friend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Disappointing experience. Although the food's presentation was pleasing, much of the food lacked taste / seasoning. The server was not attentive and service from the bar was very slow.
- luncherDined on 8/11/2014My waiter was very polite and kind however he was not attentive. We asked for a minute to look at the menu and 10 minutes later I had to stand up and look for my waiter to put in our order. Again, even after telling him we were in a hurry I had to get up from my table to find someone to give my credit card for payment. The restaurant was not busy by any means. I would have appreciated his attention. Food was delicious.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentNJresidentDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is not a good value, meaning that one should get much better food for the prices they charge. Also, service was awful with the waitress directing me to read the menu instead of describing the dish.Special Features:
- TerrificNancyDined on 8/4/2014I'm so happy that I have a gem like this near my work. I met a friend for lunch and everything about our visit was wonderful. Great place, service and DELICIOUS food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great!JnSEatsVIPDined on 8/3/2014Summer Sundays are quiet, but usually a bustling bar scene, excellent food and attentive service. We have been three times on various nights, and have always had a great dinner. Love, love the decor! Feels like a restaurant in center city with infinitely easier parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local spotAnnieGDined on 8/1/2014Avenue always has a great mix of creative options. Mussels are great with the sausage, a little bitey but that worked for us, may not for others. A very generous portion for an appetizer; the three of us enjoyed it. Hamburger was huge and perfect. Mango, chicken quesadillas were great, a little wet and they broke apart, but the taste was there. The server was mostly attentive, appetizer and drinks were quick but entrees seemed to take longer that they should as the restaurant was not full. Service was attentive: waiter, busperson (young girl was sweet and prompt) and other helpers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrudyDined on 7/31/2014It was the second time we had dinner there and the food and service were great. Would recommend and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Something changedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I was there before and had a great experience. This past time, the food was not fresh and the staff seemed very distracted.
- Good but plates too small!MeganDined on 7/23/2014We thought the food was great, but the small plates were much too small to be shared. You shouldn't encourage your guests to share plates!!!Special Features:
- Avenue Kitchen1inWayneDined on 7/21/2014This is a great place with great food if you don't have food allergies. I am gluten and dairy sensitive and although the waitress indicated that they are willing to make "anything" gluten and dairy free, they had no gluten free breads or pastas, and offered no gluten free dessert. I had a delicious bbq shrimp and corn salad appetizer, and my two friends loved their avacado BLT's. When everyone ordered coffee at the end of the meal, I couldn't because I don't drink it black, and the waitress indicated that there was no almond milk, soy milk, coconut milk or even powdered non-dairy creamer for coffee. That was really disappointing. No one would order dessert because they all felt bad that I couldn't get any.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Avenue Kitchen is a great place for food and dining. Location is great too. Just beautiful decor. Outstanding service.Special Features:
- bltransdinealotDined on 7/12/2014Place is just beautiful. Menu item stated barbecue chicken and mango. There was no mango and chicken tasted burned. Very small menu.Special Features:
- JskardDined on 7/11/2014Went here for a neighborhood date night. We enjoyed everything we ate & drank. Cocktails were delic, so we're the french fries, & the goat cheese salad. We will be backSpecial Features:
- Business lunchDCBostonVIPDined on 7/11/2014A very nice lunch both times that I have been. The decor is super white and contemporary, which is nice. It's nice and clean.Special Features:
- Great Food, Posh DecorVeganKimVIPDined on 7/9/2014This was my 4th or 5th visit to Avenue Kitchen and they have all been good. The food was delicious! The decor is posh. I'll be back for more.Special Features:
- abbyDined on 7/6/2014Kitchen was slow but it was a holiday weekend. The food was excellent so it was all okay in the end!Special Features:
- Chips & DipsFamilyOfFoodiesVIPDined on 7/1/2014Felt like I was dining in San Fran area. Great, great find !!! Love the chips with buttermilk dip.Special Features:
- Comfortable Casual SpotRichDined on 6/28/2014Avenue Kitchen has a nice menu with a combination of familiar and novel choices. Food and service are consistently good, and the atmosphere is pleasant as well. Great for a simple neighborhood outing.Special Features:
- food was great. service was lackingfoodieatheartDined on 6/21/2014The drink list is intense--and worth perusing. The menu is fun and you can find something for everyone. But the service was only ok. Courses came on top of each other. We weren't done our appetizer when they dropped off our main courses. No one offered water refills. Just thought it was a little poor for such a nice place.Special Features:
- UnimpressivefillyfoodieDined on 6/19/2014All in all, though, I was not impressed. We had the mussels as an appetizer. They were well cooked and we didn't get any grit but the broth lacked a strong flavor. Our entrees were equally disappointing. My husband had the fish tacos. They were quite mushy and missing a crunch factor (slaw, fresh lettuce, something). The piece of fish was a nice size but the lack of seasoning left a lot to be desired. My entree was a simple Avocado BLT. Easy, right? The bread was burnt/way too crispy and the avocado wasn't ripe, giving it a weird taste and texture. It was practically inedible. On top of all of this, both entrees came with fries...they were oddly crunchy and just had an "Off" taste about them. Entirely unimpressive.
- Hit and missOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/19/2014Not sure I will go back, even after several dining experiences. There are simply too many more reliable restaurants in the area.
- Easy dinning in neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/16/2014Food always good. The chef changes dishes often, good for those of us who go freguently. Nice place to meet and visit with friends. It can be noisy if you sit by the bar, we avoid that.....Special Features:
- Great Main Line StaplescooterpieDined on 6/10/2014With a menu focused on upscale bar food (but in a really good way), Avenue Kitchen consistently serves up satisfying meals. Plus the french fries are really, really, really good.Special Features:
- City in the SuburbsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2014Great choice if you don't want to go into Philadelphia but want a city feel. Attractive industrial chic ambience with comfortable seating although noisy. Great mix of more expensive entrees with more economical pizza, burger, and sandwich choices. We went for appetizers, salads, pizzas, and burgers and were very happy. Loved the Board Meeting appetizer with meats and cheeses.Special Features:
- Super goodDrLydiaGrayVIPDined on 5/31/2014I gave this restaurant five stars for its category because the food was delicious. the short rib pizza with arugula was superb. We opened with the housemaid potato chips and dip and shared a heirloom tomato caprice salad...can you Say fresh?? The brick pizza with aductive perfect crust stole the show. I hardly ever order pizza and a restaurant but I think I would have a whole party around their pizzas and bring them home for a takeout to show off this chefs amazing knack for a perfect delicious pizza treat. Our server shannon was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay food, overpriced.mdb0487VIPDined on 5/22/2014We attended this restaurant after my sister's graduation and it was just OK. The variety on the menu was pretty decent for lunch; however, the service was just ehh and the food was also not great for the attached price tag. I think the service was the most disappointing aspect of the overall experience since there were a few waiters and only a few tables in the restaurant. It would make me reluctant to go back during a busy Friday night etc. Next time, I would probably just go back to Azie.Special Features:
- Still hungry..suburbanfoodieDined on 5/21/2014My husband and I decided to try something new and went to Avenue Kitchen on a random Wed evening. The ambience was nice and, initially, we thought we had chosen a great place. Unfortunately, the appetizer (baked goat cheese) came with very little bread and we were immediately concerned we had chosen a place with tiny portioned meals (we hate tapas restaurants). The meal prices were reasonable but we were correct- the portions were tiny. We left hungry and resolute that we would stick to our tried and true favorites from now on...Special Features:
- A great eveningHarryandNancyVIPDined on 5/20/2014The decor is Modern, and somewhat minimalistic. The food is very good with many various offerings available. The service is spectacular. Paul, a server we have had many times, deserves specific Kudos ! Enjoy a great dinner here!!Special Features:
- The following 203 reviews are from the Avenue Kitchen reviews archive.
- Good mealPBV1VIPDined on 5/18/2014The kitchen was very accommodating with our party, some of whom had food issues. Everything was well prepared and tasty. The service was also very good. I was pleasantly surprised. I had not been before but had noticed it when in the area so thought we would try it!! I'm glad we did.Special Features: