Avenue Bistro Pub
558 Bloomfield Ave
Verona, NJ 07044Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Avenue Bistro Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.avenuebistropub.com/
- Phone: 9732397444x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Wednesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Wednesday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Michael DiIonno
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Avenue Bistro Pub
Chopped Champion Michael DiIonno offers New American Cuisine at Avenue Bistro. With daily specials and a full bar, come experience what Zagat calls "a place you can fall in to."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Avenue Bistro Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (9)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)special occasion (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- quite enjoyable2ndtimesatisfiedDined on 9/11/2014The menu is inviting; you can surely find something you want. Preparation is quite good. Our party of 4 found no their meals to be more than satisfactory. I definitely would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014My companions meals were good. Mine was unflavorful. The wine sauce was like water. The server was unattentive and the person clearing the table was not paying attention.Special Features:
- a lovely outdoor meal.maestromuffinVIPDined on 9/3/2014my dear friend has just moved from montclair to verona, so i thought we might go to the pub( we had eaten here last year and liked it). it was a warm day and a lovely evening, so we decided to eat outside in the back. it was quite nice, and just what we were looking for. i had a nice butternut squash soup, followed by some nice fish tacos( i prefer the fish to not be fried, but they were quite tasty.). my friend enjoyed the meatloaf sandwich. we split a yummy warm cookie pie for dessert - and all was quite nice. we will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would definitely go back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Zero complaints - food was amazing, great atmosphere - excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great first impressionJamieVIPDined on 7/13/2014We ordered four different appetizers. The first served was the special for the night, Fried Green Tomatoes with Brie, and we were off to a great start. Beautifully executed. The traditional calamari was a disappointment with absolutely no taste and there was no relief from the tomato sauce. Fish tacos had a tasty fruit salsa but no fish taste, oh the fish was there, just tasteless. The Goat Cheese tart would have been better closer to the day it was made. If I lived in the town, I would probably try it again. The entrees I saw coming out looked promising.
- Nice SpotMhigVIPDined on 6/28/2014Had a great dinner. Great local spot, with a very nice menu. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunchMy1choiceDined on 6/26/2014Outstanding and delicious lunch ( had the special: squash soup and quich Lorraine salad). It was a special birthday for a friend in a pretty environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- filled the billconcertgoerDined on 6/22/2014Wanted a new place for a group brunch. We all had fun and ate well!Special Features:
- Delicious eveningFrequentdinersDined on 6/14/2014Dinner for two was very enjoyable with delicious food and a friendly waiter in a comfortable setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great place!!pwd26VIPDined on 5/30/2014Avenue Bistro is a favorite of ours, dinner is always delicious. The spring rolls and tacos are my favorite appetizers. Love the 10 spice tuna entree and the short ribs too!Special Features:
- The following 26 reviews are from the Avenue Bistro Pub reviews archive.
- Ummmm?SiriusVIPDined on 5/18/2014I frankly expected better ! The food was OK, nothing to rave about. I do prefer more upbeat, friendlier servers. The surliest bartender I've meet in some time. This isn't a returnSpecial Features:
- greatDined on 5/11/2014Love Love this place Our whole family loves to go here Everything is always consistant and very very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious & beautiful meals!CarbCounterDined on 5/4/2014The food is delicious, and the staff is friendly and attentive. The menu has a number of fish entrees that are sure to please.Special Features:
- linnieVIPDined on 4/26/2014very noisey...waiter messed up everything.... very slow service.
- First time, good foodtruegridVIPDined on 4/24/2014My friend wanted to try this place. First , finding parking is a challenge- need to go behind bldg/bloomfield, best to access through road before bldg.mThey have a secured area for outdoor dining once it gets warm. Apparently, when my friend got there, they delivered bread, but no plates. She asked for a bread plate - and they came back with bread pudding?? Then when I arrived, asked for Grey Goose Citron martini, up with a twist. I got something pink...had to send back. When drink arrived, it was fine. The food was good - I got a chicken milano dish , excellent, friend enjoyed her selections. And in the end we ordered a bread pudding for dessert - my friend thought it looked good...and it tasted great, banana walnut bread pudding.Special Features:
- CHOPPEDJillDined on 4/17/2014We tried this restaurant because the chef was a winner on the TV show chopped. Very disappointed! My fish was cooked alright, but the leeks and garlic was burned. My husband had steak, and it looked and tasted as if it was pre-cooked. The service was slow! Chopped!!!
- The restaurant was very busyMARIEVIPDined on 4/12/2014The restaurant was very busy on this Saturday nite, waiters and waitresses were running around to well accommodate guests. I will definetly be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a large party withluvgoodfoodDined on 4/5/2014We were a large party with 2 young children. The staff was very accommodating and the food was good. We would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I sense the Avenue is stillRegularsVIPDined on 4/4/2014I sense the Avenue is still in the learning process. Food was quite good, notwithstanding an almost goat cheese less, goat cheese tart. Service was a bit scattershot although pleasant and well meaning. Went early and place got considerably more energetic as we were wrapping up our meal. Many good signs means we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good the second timeEdithDined on 3/22/2014Had a great meal a few months back. Something was missing this time, servers and hostess not overly friendly.Special Features:
- Doesn't DisappointDDinNJVIPDined on 2/14/2014This was our second visit to Avenue Bistro and on Valentine's Day no less. Fresh quality ingredients. Attentive staff. What more do you need?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!!! and Pleasantly Suprised!!bboopDined on 1/18/2014We loved Avenue Bistro. Mussels & crab cakes yummy. Best crab cakes in a while. Special salad which was endive with kale was very tasty. The special Scallops w/yummy butternut hash & basmati rice were awesome and 10 spice Tuna unreal delish. Cin Creme Brulee (very cinnomany and not as crispy on top but still tasty & Bread Pudding with praline & cognac was so good. Very happy with the restaurant and will be going back!!! Can't wait to try the short ribs and lobster burrito.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent entreesdennypooDined on 1/11/2014my table of 5 had different entrees and everyone thoroughly enjoyed theirsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerTableforfourDined on 1/5/2014We went here on a Sunday night and it was very quiet and calm. All of the food was delicious but the mushroom soup was definitely the table's favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy we tried it!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/4/2014My husband and I went to Avenue for the 1st time this past weekend and are so happy we did! There were so many dishes we wanted to try and our waitress was great at answering our questions and not rushing us as we decided what to order. We shared crab cakes and chicken satay to start. Both were great, although the chicken was a bit too spicy for my liking. We ordered the short ribs and scallops, based on our waitress's recommendations and were both so happy we did! The scallops were fresh, juicy and in a delicious sauce. My husband almost licked his plate clean! We weren't disappointed with dessert either!! Great local restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new neighborhood spotKMCCDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I had a really enjoyable time. We had a delicious dinner on New Year's Eve. Our server was exceptionally knowledgeable about the menu, friendly and attentive. All of the food was delicious, especially the Filet Mignon - cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/21/2013A wonderful restaurant. The food is fabulous, the service is excellent, and the staff is warm and friendly. You have to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There were many interestingNancyDined on 12/21/2013There were many interesting selections on the menu. I had the scallops which were great. I do not eat curry rice which is what was offered with it and there was no other choices that really went with the scallops. The dessert was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continue to enjoy your delicilousFrequentdinersDined on 12/7/2013Continue to enjoy your delicilous food but miss your $20.00 wine list.Special Features:
- DisappointedBirthdayBistroDined on 11/22/2013While the food at this local restaurant was delish when I visited last year, it was a tasteless disappoinment this year...and I ordered the same meal! Not sure if the same Chopped chief is still there. In fairness, my husband liked his meal. While the service was very efficient, it was not real friendly.
- Great FoodCindyBVIPDined on 11/11/2013I have dined at Avenue Bistro several times and I love the creative flair of the dishes offered! Very good food presented creatively and tastes great and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backNeapolitanJerseyanVIPDined on 11/7/2013I can't believe it took us so long to dine here. Solid, inventive cooking with gracious service and extraordinarily reasonable prices. Did I mention that the portions are generous? It wasn't NY haute cuisine (but it wasn't so priced) but it really delivered as a new "nabe" we will frequent. Full bar is a plus. Dessert was a big disapointment and not commensurate with the rest of the meal.Special Features:
- great hidden gem in veronaCtinasingDined on 10/27/2013Delicious dishes; great proportions, and great seasonal specials.Special Features:
- Great brunch menu. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2013Great brunch menu. Food was delicious. Children's menu was a plus. My 7-year old grandson loved the pancakes. Comfortable atmosphere. We will definitely go back to enjoy this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LivelySklaubDined on 10/12/2013Crowd was eclectic. Service was good. Ran out of Filet special b4 8 PM...questionable, since there were 3 types of filet on the menu too. Seared Tuna was to die for. Lobster burrito interesting and tasty. Plaintains were OK, overcooked but the salsa made up for that. The lobster mac and cheese looked amazing, did not have the chance to taste (my bad). Beer choice was nice, wine list not bad (reasonable mark ups)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightLocalfoodieDined on 9/28/2013My husband and I have been to Avenue Bistro several years ago and really enjoyed it. We decided to come back this past Saturday for date night and it was great! We had a patio seat next to the firepit. The service was great and te food was terrific. We will definitely be coming back more often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.