805 N Davis Avenue
Richmond, VA 23220Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.avenue805.net/
- Phone: 804-353-2505
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Catering options available. Ask for details.
A word from Avenue 805
Across from the Science Museum in the Fan, Avenue 805 offers Italian-inspired cuisine and an award-winning wine list to complement any dish. The seasonal-style dinner menu features homemade soups and fresh salads, nightly specials, and a huge selection of pasta and sauces that are offered year-round. Visit on Monday or Tuesday nights for our popular "Cheap Date Night." Sunday brunch offers menu items such as huge omelets, thick French toast, and a fantastic four-cheese grilled cheese that will satisfy the biggest weekend appetite. Seven days a week, Avenue 805 is dedicated to serving innovative and creative cuisine in an inviting and comfortable atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Avenue 805 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food and wonderful atmosphereDaveDined on 12/23/2013We really enjoy this restaurant every time! Great deals on Monday and Tuesday? The food is very flavorful and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jeff always amazeswinerDined on 12/10/2013Excellent portions, excellent taste, excellent presentation. We had his signature dishes, chicken 805 and meatloaf, which really hit the spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casual, convenient to Monument AveDDiner7Dined on 12/9/20137 friends were seated at front window; lot of passing dishes back and forth as difficult for waiter to get in small area. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meals, including the lamb chops. We had an early reservation for dinner, so few people were there, yet our waiter seemed stressed. Overall, it was not the dining experience I expected from reading the wonderful online reviews.
- homemade pasta is very good!freebirdDined on 11/22/2013ambience is lacking but the chicken dishes we tried were excellent. my husband loved the homemade pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GreatvagentlemanVIPDined on 11/18/2013Whenever my wife doesn't feel like cooking, we head to Avenue 805 and order the date-night special - she not only gets that night off but the following night as well. The special has enough pasta to feed a small army (or at least 2 senior citizens) for two nights! And, comes with a full bottle of wine - again, enough for us for 2 nights. And, did I mention that the food is delicious? This is a wonderful restaurant and both the specials and the regular, full, menu have many delicious offerings.Special Features:
- Rude, don't waste your timetonyclemDined on 11/16/2013The place itself looked OK, but if you expect good quality and service, skip this place. I am unsure what is wrong with the staff and management, but they are truly rude and arrogant to the guests. Restaurant sit in a nice quiet location with easy access, but that is where it ends. I recommend you go elsewhere.
- Not memorabledukeDined on 10/26/2013We decided to try the restaurant because of Restaurant Week. We assumed that the menu would be showcase some of the best dishes the restaurant could serve. The food was not bad, but it was not memorable. I would not go there again.
- Always good food with dailyJimmyDined on 9/14/2013Always good food with daily specials. Food was brought hot and freshly made and very flavorable! I have been here several times and I have always happy with our experience and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious MusselsRVAfanDined on 9/11/2013We went for the Wednesday special of all-you-can-eat mussels and frites for $12.The mussels were huge and filling. The foucacca bread that comes with it was quite tasty and perfect for dipping in the mussel broth. We both choose the white sauce. We had seconds, of course! I highly recommend Avenue 805. Also, on Monday and Tuesday they offer cheap date night. Two meals and a bottle of wine for $35. You can't go wrong at this wonderful spot in the Fan. Oh, and on-street parking is plentiful - always a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013When my husband and I need some quiet alone time, Avenue 805 is perfect. The food and service are consistently good and we are never rushed through our meal.Special Features:
- Underwhelmedpsc19Dined on 7/20/2013We walked in and it was packed, but service was very slow. Sat for 10 minutes before someone took drink order, which they got wrong. Ordered soup and an appetizer. Mussles were good, unfortunately my wife's soup was luke warm. Hoping dinner would be great, my wife's chicken parmesan scallopini was overcooked (chicken) and the sauce had been burnt. The pasta part was fine. I ordered the shrimp,scallop & crab cake. I was underwhelmed and ate half of it. Enjoyed the ambience, kinda cute, but we had seen other reviews that were better and the overall experience was not good and would not recommend it to anyone. Seemed to be focused on servicing the old home complex next door to them, where maybe their standard of good food is less demanding.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2013We were meeting friends for brunch and Richmond happened to be halfway. Found the 805 on Open Table and were terribly pleased with everything. We arrived about 5 minutes early for an 11:00 reservation. (The restaurant opens at 11) Seeing us waiting outside, they opened the door and invited us in. Service was impeccable, the food delightful, and the Bloody Mary bar fantastic. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a Sunday Brunch and we'll make a point of trying them out for dinner one evening.Special Features:
- Don't eat here!RVAFoodieDined on 6/10/2013The food was expensive for italian ($16-$18 a plate) for some of the worst italian I've ever had. Olive Garden is 10X's more flavorful and much cheaper. If you want great italian food in Richmond for the same price, check out Edo Squid.
- Good quality for PriceJesseDined on 5/12/2013Went there for Mother's Day brunch for the first time. The food was good and affordable (most everything around $10 or less) had to wait about 35 mins for food after ordering, but not bad for being a holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2013Food took 45 mins. We were never told the specials. Ordered the scallops- 3 for $20, portion too smallSpecial Features:
- good foodcolgDined on 5/1/2013the food and service were excellant - but a big detractor was a table of four women next to us who were unusually loud - one of whom had a particularly raucous, unpleasant voice. while i realize neither she nor the restaurant can do anything about that - it was a distractor. one of our party wears hearing aids and it was most unpleasant for him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased with our dining experienceHollyTDined on 4/27/2013My husband and I went there for our date night and wanted to experience Restaurant Week. We had a pleasurable dining experience. The lamb meatballs for our appetizer were excellent. He had the pork tenderloin and I had the ravioli. Service was good. We will definetly go back.Special Features:
- I went for restaurant weekaem1Dined on 4/26/2013I went for restaurant week with a friend and the pork medallions were melt in your mouth. The seafood stew was flavorful as was the lamb meatballs but nether one of us were impressed with our deserts and we would not order them again. We would return to try the regular menu.Special Features:
- The food and service was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2013The food and service was really good, however the overall ambiance was somewhat lacking. It was clean and nice, but there wasn't anything WOW about the restaurant.
- Though I lived in the FanBirthdayguyDined on 4/24/2013Though I lived in the Fan for many years, it has been 30 years since I frequented many restaurants there on a regular basis. I have now found a reason to go back more often. The food and service were just the type for both the tastes of my wife and myself, we have found a new Italian restaurant worth the effort to go out of our immediate area.Special Features:
- Although we have eaten atvagentlemanVIPDined on 4/23/2013Although we have eaten at 805 on numerous occaisons, we went specially for Restaurant Week because the special menue offered entrees that are not usually on the menu. Our party of 4 tried 3 different entrees and we agreed, they were all delicious. Their talented chef not only can produce the old stand-by's consistently well but enjoys the challenge of producing different dishes. 805 has a lot to offer both from the regular menu and from their specials. The service is always friendly and professional.Special Features:
- Sadly despite great reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Sadly despite great reviews this was extremely disappointing. The service was awful and extremely slow. It took almost 50 minutes for us to receive an appetizer and during that time our server never approached our table. Everyone in the joint seemed to be waiting for food to come out of the kitchen for an extremely long time. My pasta was overcooked but I didn't dare send it back for I didn't want to wait another 30 minutes for a replacement. Even drink refills (that we had to ask for) disappeared from the table and didn't return for ten minutes. Don't know what was wrong with the place that night.
- Small, quiet venue with aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/2/2013Small, quiet venue with a helpful wait staff. Italian menu with chef inspired creations. limited menu and wine list actually helped me make up my mind rather than confuse me with too many options.Special Features:
- I was very impressed. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013I was very impressed. The location is a little unfortunate (behind a pizza hut), but the overall experience was excellent. The menu is short (helpfully so) yet broad, being sure to cover at least one thing on everyone's pallet. The wine/beverage list is also minimalist, but is not lacking anything important. The food was excellent. For the price, this place is hard to beat.Special Features:
- SEVERAL entrees were out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/12/2013SEVERAL entrees were out of stock. Seafood was missing, despite being on menu. Published Wine List was also missing bottles.Special Features:
- We chose this restaurant forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We chose this restaurant for dinner while in town for a show. I made the reservations on OpenTable via TripAdvisor. The food was great, but I was a bit surprised at the lack of Virginia wines on the the wine list. The service was good, but it took quite awhile to get our check. The overall atmosphere and lighting were fine, but we had to ask for a booth with cushioned seats. Apparently they are remodeling the booths into what amounts to pine booths with no cushioning whatsoever. If the booths remain that way, we won't be back. Hard seats such as this make it difficult for middle-aged and above diners to relax and enjoy the meal.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013I was very disappointed with Avenue 805. I was hoping for a quaint, quiet and relaxing dining experience. Unfortunately, what I got was none of those. The space is cramped and the bar noise easily overflows into the dining area. The background music was a bizarre mix of classic rock (which I ususally love but not in an Italian restaurant). The food was ok but not worth attempting again - ceasar salad smothered in too much dressing, chicken picata with a very heavy and unappetizing aftertaste, tiny scallops and the most pathetic wine by the glass list I've ever seen. On the positive side, the wait staff was very friendly and the chocolate dessert dish was fantastic. When in Richmoind again, I will definitely not be going to Avenue 805
- The reviews did not meet upOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013The reviews did not meet up with my expectation. Was thinking the food would be better but it was just average.
- Delicous food, quaint atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2013We enjoyed a date night at Avenue 805 on the Friday after Valentine's Day. We had reservations, and our table was available at the time we requested. We sat right by the front door, which made for a chilly evening with guests coming in and out during the entire evening. Our table for two was pretty uncomfortable, as the seats were cushionless wooden benches. We got our menu and drinks immediately, but waited over 45 minutes for our appetizer to arrive. We were grateful that we had no other plans for the evening because service was very slow. The food was worth the wait-everything was OUTSTANDING! The food arrived piping hot and was delicious. We definitely recommend Avenue 805, but would prefer a more comfortable seat next time.Special Features:
- A Valentine's out for the wife & IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/13/2013We regularly frequent this cozy little family owned restaurant and after each visit we reaffirm that we will continue to do so. This year for Valentine's Day we decided to try the chef's 4 course dinner for two at the very economical $60 per couple. To say that our meal and experience exceeded expectations would be quite an understatement. From plating to execution this meal was as finely crafted as we have ever had. We paired it with one of the Oregon Pinot Noir selections from a very well balanced and plentiful wine list. Needless to say, Avenue 805, the chef, and the staff provided us with the perfect romantic night out when we needed it. I have a feeling we'll be calling for a babysitter again soon!Special Features:
- we had a wonderful meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013we had a wonderful meal and the atmosphere was perfect.Would definitely recommend it and look forward to going backSpecial Features:
- One of the best, if not thevagentlemanVIPDined on 2/12/2013One of the best, if not the best, date night bargains in the City - and beyond! The service is attentive, and prompt. If you order the date night special of salad, pasta, dessert and bottle of wine, the salad is crisp and fresh, the pasta is beautifully cooked (and if you add the chicken to the pasta, the chicken is grilled and warm - and very, very tasty) and the bread pudding dessert is to-die-for! AND there is more than enough to take home for another meal You owe it to your stomach to try this place on a Monday or Tuesday - or any night - the rest of the menu is every bit as good as the date night special.Special Features:
- We have been there fro dinnerNYFoodieDined on 2/10/2013We have been there fro dinner adn for Brunch and we just love it. A great find at at great price.Special Features:
- Good food and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013Good food and good service. Intimate little place in a neighborhood setting. Been there for 16 years and it's worth the trip. Wine list limited but nice selection of martinis. If you're looking for a quite cozy place for a date this is a good pick...Special Features:
- Great neighborhood restaurant!EatingOutDined on 2/2/2013Great little restaurant. Great food, good menu, something for everyone. Service is personal and attentive.Special Features:
- Missed the mark on every menuOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2012Missed the mark on every menu item, except the beer was nicely chilled.
- This is one of our favorites.RVA23116Dined on 12/18/2012This is one of our favorites. Enjoy the Date Night menu!Special Features:
- A True neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/14/2012Just about everything at 805 is deliciously homemade, from the soups to the pasta to the bread to the dessert. Chef Jeff does a fantastic job. All of our out of town friends request 805 when visiting!Special Features:
- Girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2012We enjoyed a good meal at a great price. Salads were fresh and the brushetta crispy with a touch of garlic. We split the pesto pasta with chicken as the serving was large. The sauce was creamy and the pasta homemade. Our server was attentive and friendly. We would definitely come again.Special Features:
- Food was very good as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Food was very good as always but seemed to be slightly short-staffed for a Saturday night. Service was somewhat slower than we're accustomed to. Still one of our favorite Richmond restaurants.Special Features: