699 Fifth Ave. South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.avenue5naples.com/
- Phone: (239) 403-7170
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Welch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Pris fixe menus are required for groups of 16 people or more. Three course up to five course menus are available. Prime cuts of meat as well as fresh seafood and lobster are the main offerings on the menus.
- Entertainment: 6 big screen LCD TVs in the bar. music throughout
- Special Events: From time to time special events take place at Avenue5 particularly in tandem with nationally recognized events and holidays. For details on these events please visit our website at www.avenue5naples.com
- Cross Street: 8th St. South
- Public Transit: The closest stop on the Naples Trolley is 6th Street south one block from the restaurant
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking is available on 5th Avenue South and 4th Avenue South. Self parking is available street side and in the complimentary parking garage located at 8th street and 4th avenue south.
A word from Avenue 5
Avenue5...a treat for the 5 senses. Housed in a beautiful landmark building in the heart of Downtown Naples, Avenue5 redefines luxury dining on Naples' celebrated boulevard with a menu that reflects the most vibrant foods of the season, allowing them to shine with simplicity and elegance. The home of the former McCabe's Restaurant, Avenue5 has been transformed into a "vintage glam" sophisticated dining experience by the acclaimed design team responsible for the restaurants of celebrity chefs Daniel Boulud and Todd English.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Avenue 5 - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Avenue 5 reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)special occasion (41)hot spot (29)notable wine list (27)romantic (23)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (21)vibrant bar scene (21)great for lunch (16)scenic view (12)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- JeffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/19/2014My first visit to Avenue 5. Beautiful setting, awesome wine display, vibrant bar. The food was fantastic, but being new shows somewhat. While our waiter was excellent, the time it took to get the food served was a bit excessive. I hope that as they get more time under their belt, the service will equal everything else. I will definitely go back to try again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service , venueGreniVIPDined on 11/13/2014Service was excellent food was unigue for the area. Very nice decor and set up. Nice new addition to the fifth avenue offeringsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- more unique itemsDoxyVIPDined on 11/12/2014I just expected more unique food items and cocktails. Like a specialty or feature entree that they could be known for. The place was drop dead gorgeous though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinesoutVIPDined on 11/7/2014This was our first time at avenue 5 and after the meal my husband had he will not be returning! He and one of the friends we were with, both had a terrible filet.Special Features:
- Not up to PARMMddVIPDined on 11/6/2014Specified celebrating wedding anniversary, which was ignored by the waiter & hostess, also requested quiet romantic table & hostess, was seating us next to large noisey group of at least 12 ...i spoke up & she moved us...Hostess, very unprofessional to be working the front there, Food with up-scale fine dining price tag does not live up to its price...would give it a 4 at best....fine dining costs for middle of the road place that claims to be up-scale fine dining, NOT....Very noisy, with smoke coming inside the restaurant from all the windows being opened & folks smoking out there...not good for us non-smokers...as a local, i will not return & not suggest it to anyone....Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Avenue 5 was one of the best meals we have ever had at a restaurant in Naples. The selection was very good and the service was great. Very pricey but at least it was a great meal and great service. The same can't be said for some other expensive restaurants in Naples.Special Features:
- FantasticFluffVIPDined on 10/31/2014This was our second visit and found everything to be suburb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayTVIPDined on 10/30/2014Still a work in progress but I sense progress is being made. It has the potential to be one of the best in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuthRuthDined on 10/25/2014Love this place, beautiful & the food is delicious! Had the wedge salad before my steak & it was the best I ever had! On a down note we ordered the creme brûlée trio & it was awful-avoid this dish! Desserts were weak, but the main course was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014The food was wonderful. Our server, Marina, was well above average. The atmosphere very chic and cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!ava111VIPDined on 10/18/2014We have been to Avenue 5 many times and love taking people who haven't been yet. Always good and the scallops were fantastic!!Special Features:
- Incredible ambiance and superb foodTimmciDined on 10/18/2014What an amazingly beautiful restaurant. Chic, upscale, beautifully appointed, and yet warm and with great views of 5th Avenue. The food was also superb -- my scallops were extremely fresh, cooked perfectly, nicely spiced and just fantastic overall. All of our food was outstanding. The prices were also reasonable for such a high-end restaurant. My filet was considerably less expensive than you'd find in most major cities -- I was pleasantly surprised. They also gave us a generous pour of the champagne by the glass we ordered. Avenue 5 is a "must dine" experience for anyone living in or visiting the SW Florida area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and wine liststeveVIPDined on 10/11/2014Everything was really great. it was off season and not too busy. Menu was great and a bit different as far as selections go. We come down several times a year and we always go to this place. It is a don't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RustylinerRustylinerDined on 10/11/2014We dine out twice a week and this was Wonderful, 'tho very expensive, so will probably only go again for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great new resturantbbjjVIPDined on 10/7/2014Beautiful new decor, modern. Excellent service . Food was great for lunch and so good went back for dinner. Located on 5th ave in Naples. When season arrives the place will be packed.Waiter for dinner was really terrific. Maitre D stopped over to check and see if everything all right. Reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:
- New Hot SpotLRM84VIPDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food. I had the sword fish. Our server was awesome . The newest hot spot in downtown Naples is beautiful !Special Features:
- Amazing!DiningOutAgainVIPDined on 10/3/2014Lamb chops! Perfection. Wine was great. Service was attentive. This place is a gem. Nice job.Special Features:
- FoodNa28Dined on 9/27/2014When we went to order there was only 1 rack of lamb left for 8:00 Saturday nite dinner reservations we found that to be unusual. Although the meat was tasty Both the filet mignon & lamb were Luke warm. Finally the menu selection was average.Special Features:
- AnthonyDined on 9/25/2014We truly enjoyed our meals..The absolute best Fish dinner I have ever had..Striped Bass, perfectly cooked and seasoned..Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014What an enjoyable evening we had at avenue 5. The service and food were AMAZING! We had the 3 course meal for $30.00 and it was soooo worth it. We want to go back again tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenjennDined on 9/23/2014We ordered off the $30 menu. The salad seemed like it had been made an hour before it was presented and it was a bit big. The pork chop was dry, overcooked and hard to cut. I expected something to fall off the bone since it was called BBQ. Desert- a scoop of sorbet with a few berries. Not memorable.Special Features:
- CAPPYCappyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Try it - you will like it! The restaurant is so different from all those places that are trying TOO hard.Special Features:
- RobertRiessDined on 9/12/2014Hardly anybody there and service was very slow- food is getting worse and no variety- it is one of those menus that you can look at for 15 min and not find anything that looks appetizingSpecial Features:
- Most enjoyableDivineCuisineFanDined on 9/7/2014Comfortable pleasant modern ambience; excellent attentive friendly service but not overbearing; quality fresh seafood well prepared. Desserts exquisitely prepared giving high satisfaction without sensing guilt. All portions adequate but not excessive. Overall presentation excellent. Pricing is moderately high but worth it ! A very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ExperienceJackiePDined on 8/30/2014My daughter & I had dinner at Avenue 5 on Sat., 08/30/14 at 8:00 P.M. Our waiter was Robert. We ordered an appetizer of mussels, entrees of medium rare but more towards the rare side beef tenderloin with Sauce Bearnaise, a side of lobster mac & cheese, and a glass of wine. After a 40 minute wait, the mussels arrived with our entree, the beef was medium well and it arrived without the Bearnaise sauce, the lobster mac & cheese NEVER arrived despite my asking the waiter for it several times (for which I never received an explanation), and the second glass of wine came as I was paying the bill. If the experience was this bad during off season, I cannot imagine how they will handle the restaurant during season.Special Features:
- False advertisingBeverlyDined on 8/30/2014Their advertised 1/2 price drinks before 6 was not stated to be only at the bar. We came at 5:30 expecting to get this advertised special but they would not honor it. Poor customer attention.Special Features:
- Overpriced & underfedJoeBoSoxVIPDined on 8/28/2014Located in the heart of 5th Ave, this was my most disappointing meal of the summer. Although we had been warned about the prices by other diners, we along with three other couples decided to try the 3 course plus glass of wine summer special on a week night. The salad was okay but when my steak fritte entree arrived I was shocked and wondered why they asked how I wanted it prepared. It was extremely thin and could not have been even three ounces with a ton of French fries. Another in our group also thought his steak was minuscule but his was larger than mine. Other entrees except the chicken breast were rated as ordinary. Have had many specials at other 5 th Ave places where the price was less and the food more plentiful and tastier.Special Features:
- Great new 5th Ave SpotLovestodineVIPDined on 8/26/2014Close to perfect....the vibe is wonderful....one of the most chic Naples venues....very clean, smooth lines and cool colors. The food was outstanding as was the service. We will definitely return. No complaints ...try the crab cake!Special Features:
- ImpressiveCardineDined on 8/25/2014Having lived in Naples for nearly 20 years, we had occasion to visit this restaurant's first incarnation several times. It was a neighborhood favorite, with a prime location in the center of town, and quite special because of it's irish pub atmosphere and cuisine. Now it is distinctive as a sophisticated, modern, go-to restaurant for the theatre crowd and others desiring good food in a beautiful place. I predict it will be jammed with people during high season once word of mouth gets out. Speaking of high season, the quiet designation we experienced will change once that time of year rolls around.Special Features:
- Chris LChrisLDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding service from David. The surf & turf was unbelievable as was the striped bassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must to visit place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014There were 2 elderly people in our group. None of us had any trouble with finding excellent choices. Our waiter, Barry, was very attentive, but not in our face. I've had lunch here and it also was a good choice! ! BARRSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LadygulfVIPDined on 8/18/2014We heard about this restaurant when it first opened but wait until the season was over to try it. We were very impressed with the decor, the staff, and of course the food.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Naplesjt1120Dined on 8/15/2014We dine out quite often and it is really hard to be our "best" of anything. Avenue 5 absolutely hit every mark and is probably the best restaurant in Naples. I will say that some of the dishes on the menu were a little too creative, but that isn't a negative, I'm just a picky eater. Still, I found something that I liked, as did my wife, and we both were blown away by everything we ordered. The duck flatbread appetizer started us off on an excellent night, and everything else just fell into place. This place is perfect for special occasions, or if you've never been to Fifth Avenue before, make this a definite stop on your vacation list. Just wow!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014This restaurant is in a great location, the food was pretty good, very pleasant service and the ambiance was great. A nice evening out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 147 reviews are from the Avenue 5 reviews archive.
- Great Happy HourSmootheyDined on 7/25/2014This is the 3rd visit in 2 weeks. The early bird menu and $5 wine makes it a very reasonable evening out with a great atmosphere. We are still looking for a replacement to Handsome Harry's but this is pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite thereKygalgonesouthDined on 7/22/2014This restaurant still trying to find its niche in the Naples market. Very pricey. Six people, 4 alcoholic drinks, one split dinner and two guests that ordered an appetizer for main course. Bill...$400 including tip. I'll stick with my old favorites.
- PeterPeterVIPDined on 7/19/2014I loved the decor and ambience. The bar was great and they had a really good selection of house cocktails. We chose the Moscow Mule and Manhattan and loved them. I thought the menu, basically steak and seafood, was a little out of touch with the mood of the restaurant, but the food was cooked to our liking and served efficiently. They have an extensive wine list and a good selection of wines available by the glass. The prices of both food and drink were quite reasonable, but this was mid-summer and to be expected. I expect the place to be jammed in season, and probably more expensive, but I'd certainly come back at this time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on 2nd visitSydneysMomVIPDined on 7/15/2014The first time we had dinner at Avenue Five we enjoyed our entrées and the restaurant was very busy. When I returned a couple of months later in the summer, I knew it would be slower, but I didn't expect slow service and unappetizing food. What a change in just a short period of time!
- So Happy!DeboDined on 7/13/2014First time in Naples and this restaurant was a highlight. Food was fabulous with fresh local ingredients. Our server, Steve, was thoughtful and completely familiar with the area and the restaurant. We'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveneveragainVIPDined on 7/10/2014Very expensive. Very limited menu. Gorgeously remodeled.