699 Fifth Ave. South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.avenue5naples.com/
- Phone: 2394037170x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 4:30pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Welch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Pris fixe menus are required for groups of 16 people or more. Three course up to five course menus are available. Prime cuts of meat as well as fresh seafood and lobster are the main offerings on the menus.
- Entertainment: 6 big screen LCD TVs in the bar. music throughout
- Special Events: From time to time special events take place at Avenue5 particularly in tandem with nationally recognized events and holidays. For details on these events please visit our website at www.avenue5naples.com
- Cross Street: 8th St. South
- Public Transit: The closest stop on the Naples Trolley is 6th Street south one block from the restaurant
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Complimentary valet parking is available on 5th Avenue South and 4th Avenue South. Self parking is available street side and in the complimentary parking garage located at 8th street and 4th avenue south.
A word from Avenue 5
Avenue5...a treat for the 5 senses. Housed in a beautiful landmark building in the heart of Downtown Naples, Avenue5 redefines luxury dining on Naples' celebrated boulevard with a menu that reflects the most vibrant foods of the season, allowing them to shine with simplicity and elegance. The home of the former McCabe's Restaurant, Avenue5 has been transformed into a "vintage glam" sophisticated dining experience by the acclaimed design team responsible for the restaurants of celebrity chefs Daniel Boulud and Todd English.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Avenue 5 - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Avenue 5 reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)fit for foodies (38)notable wine list (29)hot spot (25)neighborhood gem (23)romantic (20)vibrant bar scene (18)good for groups (14)great for lunch (13)great for outdoor dining (12)scenic view (11)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- RuthRuthDined on 10/25/2014Love this place, beautiful & the food is delicious! Had the wedge salad before my steak & it was the best I ever had! On a down note we ordered the creme brûlée trio & it was awful-avoid this dish! Desserts were weak, but the main course was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014The food was wonderful. Our server, Marina, was well above average. The atmosphere very chic and cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!ava111VIPDined on 10/18/2014We have been to Avenue 5 many times and love taking people who haven't been yet. Always good and the scallops were fantastic!!Special Features:
- Incredible ambiance and superb foodTimmciDined on 10/18/2014What an amazingly beautiful restaurant. Chic, upscale, beautifully appointed, and yet warm and with great views of 5th Avenue. The food was also superb -- my scallops were extremely fresh, cooked perfectly, nicely spiced and just fantastic overall. All of our food was outstanding. The prices were also reasonable for such a high-end restaurant. My filet was considerably less expensive than you'd find in most major cities -- I was pleasantly surprised. They also gave us a generous pour of the champagne by the glass we ordered. Avenue 5 is a "must dine" experience for anyone living in or visiting the SW Florida area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and wine liststeveVIPDined on 10/11/2014Everything was really great. it was off season and not too busy. Menu was great and a bit different as far as selections go. We come down several times a year and we always go to this place. It is a don't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RustylinerRustylinerDined on 10/11/2014We dine out twice a week and this was Wonderful, 'tho very expensive, so will probably only go again for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great new resturantbbjjVIPDined on 10/7/2014Beautiful new decor, modern. Excellent service . Food was great for lunch and so good went back for dinner. Located on 5th ave in Naples. When season arrives the place will be packed.Waiter for dinner was really terrific. Maitre D stopped over to check and see if everything all right. Reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:
- New Hot SpotLRM84VIPDined on 10/3/2014Excellent food. I had the sword fish. Our server was awesome . The newest hot spot in downtown Naples is beautiful !Special Features:
- Amazing!DiningOutAgainVIPDined on 10/3/2014Lamb chops! Perfection. Wine was great. Service was attentive. This place is a gem. Nice job.Special Features:
- FoodNa28Dined on 9/27/2014When we went to order there was only 1 rack of lamb left for 8:00 Saturday nite dinner reservations we found that to be unusual. Although the meat was tasty Both the filet mignon & lamb were Luke warm. Finally the menu selection was average.Special Features:
- AnthonyDined on 9/25/2014We truly enjoyed our meals..The absolute best Fish dinner I have ever had..Striped Bass, perfectly cooked and seasoned..Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014What an enjoyable evening we had at avenue 5. The service and food were AMAZING! We had the 3 course meal for $30.00 and it was soooo worth it. We want to go back again tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenjennDined on 9/23/2014We ordered off the $30 menu. The salad seemed like it had been made an hour before it was presented and it was a bit big. The pork chop was dry, overcooked and hard to cut. I expected something to fall off the bone since it was called BBQ. Desert- a scoop of sorbet with a few berries. Not memorable.Special Features:
- CAPPYCappyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Try it - you will like it! The restaurant is so different from all those places that are trying TOO hard.Special Features:
- RobertRiessDined on 9/12/2014Hardly anybody there and service was very slow- food is getting worse and no variety- it is one of those menus that you can look at for 15 min and not find anything that looks appetizingSpecial Features:
- Most enjoyableDivineCuisineFanDined on 9/7/2014Comfortable pleasant modern ambience; excellent attentive friendly service but not overbearing; quality fresh seafood well prepared. Desserts exquisitely prepared giving high satisfaction without sensing guilt. All portions adequate but not excessive. Overall presentation excellent. Pricing is moderately high but worth it ! A very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible ExperienceJackiePDined on 8/30/2014My daughter & I had dinner at Avenue 5 on Sat., 08/30/14 at 8:00 P.M. Our waiter was Robert. We ordered an appetizer of mussels, entrees of medium rare but more towards the rare side beef tenderloin with Sauce Bearnaise, a side of lobster mac & cheese, and a glass of wine. After a 40 minute wait, the mussels arrived with our entree, the beef was medium well and it arrived without the Bearnaise sauce, the lobster mac & cheese NEVER arrived despite my asking the waiter for it several times (for which I never received an explanation), and the second glass of wine came as I was paying the bill. If the experience was this bad during off season, I cannot imagine how they will handle the restaurant during season.Special Features:
- False advertisingBeverlyDined on 8/30/2014Their advertised 1/2 price drinks before 6 was not stated to be only at the bar. We came at 5:30 expecting to get this advertised special but they would not honor it. Poor customer attention.Special Features:
- Overpriced & underfedJoeBoSoxVIPDined on 8/28/2014Located in the heart of 5th Ave, this was my most disappointing meal of the summer. Although we had been warned about the prices by other diners, we along with three other couples decided to try the 3 course plus glass of wine summer special on a week night. The salad was okay but when my steak fritte entree arrived I was shocked and wondered why they asked how I wanted it prepared. It was extremely thin and could not have been even three ounces with a ton of French fries. Another in our group also thought his steak was minuscule but his was larger than mine. Other entrees except the chicken breast were rated as ordinary. Have had many specials at other 5 th Ave places where the price was less and the food more plentiful and tastier.Special Features:
- Great new 5th Ave SpotLovestodineVIPDined on 8/26/2014Close to perfect....the vibe is wonderful....one of the most chic Naples venues....very clean, smooth lines and cool colors. The food was outstanding as was the service. We will definitely return. No complaints ...try the crab cake!Special Features:
- ImpressiveCardineDined on 8/25/2014Having lived in Naples for nearly 20 years, we had occasion to visit this restaurant's first incarnation several times. It was a neighborhood favorite, with a prime location in the center of town, and quite special because of it's irish pub atmosphere and cuisine. Now it is distinctive as a sophisticated, modern, go-to restaurant for the theatre crowd and others desiring good food in a beautiful place. I predict it will be jammed with people during high season once word of mouth gets out. Speaking of high season, the quiet designation we experienced will change once that time of year rolls around.Special Features:
- Chris LChrisLDined on 8/23/2014Outstanding service from David. The surf & turf was unbelievable as was the striped bassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must to visit place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014There were 2 elderly people in our group. None of us had any trouble with finding excellent choices. Our waiter, Barry, was very attentive, but not in our face. I've had lunch here and it also was a good choice! ! BARRSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!LadygulfVIPDined on 8/18/2014We heard about this restaurant when it first opened but wait until the season was over to try it. We were very impressed with the decor, the staff, and of course the food.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Naplesjt1120Dined on 8/15/2014We dine out quite often and it is really hard to be our "best" of anything. Avenue 5 absolutely hit every mark and is probably the best restaurant in Naples. I will say that some of the dishes on the menu were a little too creative, but that isn't a negative, I'm just a picky eater. Still, I found something that I liked, as did my wife, and we both were blown away by everything we ordered. The duck flatbread appetizer started us off on an excellent night, and everything else just fell into place. This place is perfect for special occasions, or if you've never been to Fifth Avenue before, make this a definite stop on your vacation list. Just wow!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014This restaurant is in a great location, the food was pretty good, very pleasant service and the ambiance was great. A nice evening out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourSmootheyDined on 7/25/2014This is the 3rd visit in 2 weeks. The early bird menu and $5 wine makes it a very reasonable evening out with a great atmosphere. We are still looking for a replacement to Handsome Harry's but this is pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite thereKygalgonesouthDined on 7/22/2014This restaurant still trying to find its niche in the Naples market. Very pricey. Six people, 4 alcoholic drinks, one split dinner and two guests that ordered an appetizer for main course. Bill...$400 including tip. I'll stick with my old favorites.
- PeterPeterDined on 7/19/2014I loved the decor and ambience. The bar was great and they had a really good selection of house cocktails. We chose the Moscow Mule and Manhattan and loved them. I thought the menu, basically steak and seafood, was a little out of touch with the mood of the restaurant, but the food was cooked to our liking and served efficiently. They have an extensive wine list and a good selection of wines available by the glass. The prices of both food and drink were quite reasonable, but this was mid-summer and to be expected. I expect the place to be jammed in season, and probably more expensive, but I'd certainly come back at this time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on 2nd visitSydneysMomVIPDined on 7/15/2014The first time we had dinner at Avenue Five we enjoyed our entrées and the restaurant was very busy. When I returned a couple of months later in the summer, I knew it would be slower, but I didn't expect slow service and unappetizing food. What a change in just a short period of time!
- So Happy!DeboDined on 7/13/2014First time in Naples and this restaurant was a highlight. Food was fabulous with fresh local ingredients. Our server, Steve, was thoughtful and completely familiar with the area and the restaurant. We'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveneveragainVIPDined on 7/10/2014Very expensive. Very limited menu. Gorgeously remodeled.
- Fantastic!WRFGVIPDined on 7/8/2014It was a pleasure to return, to enjoy this restaurant. Avenue 5 is a must for those that appreciate top service, decor, menu and wines/drinks. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Nice addition to 5th AveesteroneilDined on 7/3/2014Avenue 5 is Naples newest restaurant, replacing McCabe's pub with an upscale, ultra modern venue. Food, servie and drinks were great and we'll be back during season.Special Features:
- The following 139 reviews are from the Avenue 5 reviews archive.
- Late Night SnackCRINCDined on 6/27/2014Stopped in here with my girl's after a day of chilling at the beach. We were all really ready to eat. Hadn't had a decent lobster roll since Legal Seafood in DC. Unfortunately, I still haven't. But my friends ordered other things and I ate from them. My lobster roll was not good, not filling, and far too expensive to be served that way. Ambience was great though. Right on 5th Avenue adjacent to our hotel The Inn on 5th. Overall, cute place to eat, just skip the lobster roll.Special Features:
- Great lunch!benyVIPDined on 6/22/2014We had lunch here the other day and it was fantastic!!! The server, Gabriel, made our lunch to be a GREAT LUNCH!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location/scene, great foodTroyWDined on 6/20/2014Our group ordered Sea Bass, Pork Chops, scallops, grouper -- everything was great. The front of the restaurant is all glass / glass doors. We were near the front and had the door opened. It was a wonderful indoor/outdoor dining experience in spite of a light rain outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodWant2bchefDined on 6/12/2014The food here was excellent. Everything I had I loved. The ambiance is wonderful. The place is gorgeous. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJuniorVIPDined on 6/11/2014We were disappointed with our dining experience at Avenue5. The asparagus soup was okay but the rest of our dinner servings were less than memorable. Service was fine except for the fact that our appetizers showed up before we'd had three sips from our cocktails. And the wine list, while large, was way overpriced, and limited in quality wines priced under $100 a bottle. One highlight was the restaurant interior design. Well layed out, comfortable and spacious dinner seating, and a clean modern look. The large bar could be a plus as well during season but was pretty empty the night we had dinner.Special Features:
- Naples Ambience, New York PricesNKITVIPDined on 6/7/2014I couldn't fault the food or service - but this restaurant is very overpriced. Although we did wait quite a long time for our entree and the bread was served with 3 types of butter - but we were left to guess what they were. Entrees were mostly more than $40. Considering this restaurant replaced McCabe's Pub it was quite a surprise. Also, it was a very hot evening and the doors to the outside were left open - we asked to be moved further inside where it was a bit cooler.Special Features: