216 Washington St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://aventuraannarbor.com/
- Phone: (734) 369-3153
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily: 3:30pm - 2:00am
Kitchen Daily 5:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: S. 5th Ave.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: CLICK HERE FOR PARKING NEAR AVENTURA
A word from Aventura
Aventura is a new and unique restaurant in downtown Ann Arbor offering both a sophisticated and stylish approach to traditional Spanish tapas, served with a genuine and unique approach to hospitality. Servers guide guests on a culinary journey through the menu Beginning with Basque pinxto (small tasty morsels served on skewers) and cocas (deliciously distinct flatbreads) guests will then venture further into the menu with over twenty five crafted tapas and several traditional Paella. Aventura features local produce, seafood and pork (including roast suckling pig.) Enriching the experience is service from our trendy and sexy bar, offering craft cocktails, house made bitters, tonic, juices, syrups, and of course, Sangria. The extensive wine list includes over fifty bottles of Spanish wine.Continued
At Aventura, we are constantly learning, growing and adding value to our community. We extend a warm welcome to all of our community to become a part of the Aventura family.
At Aventura, we are constantly learning, growing and adding value to our community. We extend a warm welcome to all of our community to become a part of the Aventura family.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Aventura - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Aventura reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (58)hot spot (42)good for groups (36)special occasion (33)vibrant bar scene (23)neighborhood gem (21)romantic (20)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (16)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Terrific food, great service and fun place. It's one of my favorites in A2.Special Features:
- Limited brunch menu but still surprisingly goodCherrieDined on 11/22/2014I went with one of my friends on Saturday for brunch. We were looking for tapas. However, we were told they only serve tapas after 5 pm. There is a limited brunch menu. We were slightly disappointed at the beginning. However, the waitress was being extremely helpful and introduced all dishes available and made some good recommendations. We end up enjoy the meal a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAAFoodie1Dined on 11/18/2014It was my second time having dinner there, and it did not disappoint. The food is excellent. The only downside is that there are so many good sounding food choices that it can be overwhelming and frustrating to just pick a few to try. The good news is that whatever you get it will be good. Wine was great - and half off the bottle because it was Wednesday. Service was excellent. Love the atmosphere. One of my favorite restaurants in Ann Arbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!MommacDined on 10/29/2014A creative and diverse menu. Generous servings of the tapas would easily serve three, so a large group is ideal to sample all the wonderful flavors. Unbelievably good treatment of the often neglected Brussels sprout and the thrice-fried patatas bra as with fried egg makes my mouth water two days later! Perfect churros with three dipping sauces, too. Our server David was perfect - extremely knowledgeable about the menu and made great suggestions. His timing - the test of a true professional- was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service & foodAbbyDined on 10/27/2014The wait staff was attentive, but not overbearing and she even remembered my previous choise of wine. She was excellent and very professional. The food was delicious and we especially liked the brussel sprouts tapas and the lamb sauage. For dessert we had a sublime rice pudding not on the menu and recommended by our waitress. Put it on the menu! It is a keeper!Special Features:
- Lovely 2nd VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Our 1st visit was just after they opened, and we were underwhelmed. But this more recent visit was wonderful. Great food, great service, and really great cocktails. I think they've matured and worked out some of the early challenges. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- THis is not Barcelona!DocFoodieDined on 10/19/2014Food was either over- or under-seasoned. Some "creative" touches (ex. melon mousse) just didn't work.
- Great Food - Kinda noisyClaymoreDined on 10/12/2014Went for Sunday Brunch. Food was excellent. Al the dishes were good, but for a dessert we shared an order of the churros. They were ethereal. Not like churros at all, but more like egg crullers with three unbelievable sauces. One detraction - really noisy. The loud energetic music didn't help. I can see what they were going for in terms of atmosphere, but this was Sunday brunch, not Saturday night bar scene.Special Features:
- Foodie GemAAFoodie1Dined on 10/12/2014Took an out-of-town foodie friend here for brunch this past weekend. I had eaten dinner here once (and loved it) but never brunch. We had a great experience. I couldn't recommend it more highly. The food was unique and delicious. We happily satisfied our cravings for pancakes and eggs with the cornmeal pancakes and vegetable torta. The service was good and my friend couldn't stop complimenting the ambience of the restaurant - cozy yet modern, hip without being overdone. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas and Sangria Oh Yea!JackiVIPDined on 10/8/2014Delicious. Our first time and everything was amazing. The Sangrias were delicious and smooth. The desserts were also so good -- churros with the dipping sauces were so special and in fact we sort of fought over the last one! Cheeses, artichoke, sausage, shrimp. Excellent flavoring.Special Features:
- Always great foodlongtimeumprofVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great food. Excellent and interesting tapas and other good things. We tried the cochinillo last time (table of 4) and it was great. Coca mahon y miel and octopus tapas are among our favorites. Fantastic churros with wonderful sauces for dessert. We have had several outstanding dinners here. It is rapidly becoming one of our favorite restaurants in Ann Arbor. It is a bit noisy but it's a fun place to go to with other couples because the food choices are interesting to explore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spotJRAMVIPDined on 10/2/2014The food is great, especially the patatas bravas. Its a fun place to hang out with groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Tapas! Fun with a group!AAMI71VIPDined on 9/27/2014Wonderful order off the menu brunch Saturday & SundaySpecial Features:
- 38th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014We celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at Aventura. It was an amazing dining experience. Exceptional food, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little BummedsmillerlambDined on 9/13/2014After looking at the menu, we were really excited to try several of the dishes and booked a lunch reservation for my husband's birthday. We didn't realize they only serve a very limited menu on Saturdays… all the way until 2:00 in the afternoon! Our only choices were breakfast choices & since it was 1:00, we'd already eaten breakfast and didn't want more eggs. We ended up just having drinks (which were fantastic) and then leaving to go across the street to eat lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun to sharePipsyDined on 8/31/2014The food was good and fun to share. Waiters were on top of delivering the dishes and gave good suggestions. The only negative as others mentioned was that it was loud so conversation was difficult. would definitely go back.Special Features:
- great food, too much noiseliketoeatDined on 8/27/2014Our first time at the restaurant. Food was excellent. The waiter was very knowledgeable and helped us with several decisions. The real downer is the amount/level of noise. And trying to have music on top of the noise is just annoying. You do not provide a rating for the noise that says it is too much or annoying.Special Features:
- Great food and service,lisapDined on 8/27/2014We finally go a chance to check this place out. We gave up our table and opted to sit at the bar and eat. Perfect choice. Suzie was our bartender and server. She was extremely knowledgeable on all the menu offerings and made great suggestions. She also recommended that I try their house made tonic for my vodka and I have to say it was one of the best vodka tonics I had out in a very long time! She made the whole evening a wonderful success with her great service, recommendations and very positive and welcoming attitude. You so rarely see restaurant personal who seem to truly care that you as a guest have a memorable experience. Can't wait to go back and try more delicious options on the menueSpecial Features:
- Fun MealHappyrestaurantgoerDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed Aventura very much on a recent weeknight. The food is inventive and full of good flavors and the wine list is long and interesting. We appreciated that the food just comes when it's ready. Our waiter was sincere and attentive although he had trouble hearing us. Heck, we had trouble hearing us. The restaurant seems to be following a recent annoying trend of "the louder the better" and that really is my only gripe -- is anyone noticing the silly migration from a fun vibe to an atmosphere where diners walk out before ordering because they can't hear each other. we noticed two tables do exactly that the evening we were there. But our hearing is good so we will definitely return for the tasty fun food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InspiredToniVIPDined on 8/3/2014Loved every minute of our dining experience. The new patio is breathtaking. The menu is extensive and everything on it is delicious. We ordered something from every column. Everything was fresh and yummy. The service was great (thanks Mimi!!). All dishes were timed perfectly. We will be back!!Special Features:
- not quite as good a beforeDinningforFunVIPDined on 7/31/2014similar menu to a few months ago. Loved some things like the chicken waffels but the brussel sprouts - were too watery the Paella - which we split has a great crust (socarrat), but was WAY too salty - and could have used more flavors - overall - good, but not greatSpecial Features:
- Bueno!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014My husband and I went to Aventura for the second time and we were not disappointed! We went to Spain in June and were experiencing some withdrawal symptoms so made reservations for a Thursday night. The food was amazing, the wine recommendations were spectacular, and our waitress was thoughtfully attentive without being overbearing. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone, particularly for a special occasion. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Totally a fun place to go to dinner with friends. Tapas and small plates were all excellent. Our waitress was great, accommodating and very knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 134 reviews are from the Aventura reviews archive.
- Salty and sweetNickiDined on 7/29/2014Most items on the menu play on the salty/sweet idea. The pinxtos are meant to be one or two bites but it varies depending on which you pick - the tortilla espanola was enough for three people to try a good bite. The cocas are the best value - they have 5 slices and are well priced. A little disappointed with the espinacas catalan and the brussel sprouts - both were bland and too sweet. The patatas bravas are excellent, pollo de golfes was a creative take on chicken and waffles, merguez and bread pudding was also good, bacon wrapped dates never disappoint. They recommend you get 2-3 items per person but I think you could get away with less if you get a coca. Churros were great - 5 per order. Great spot to come with a group and share.Special Features:
- Brunch was just so-soAAFoodie123Dined on 7/27/2014The bloody mary was the highlight of my brunch. I was somewhat disappointed with the quality of the food. Portion size was fair. But my meal was a little overcooked, which was surprising given the relative simplicity of the dish. I would still come back to try out the dinner menu and perhaps another brunch dish. Service and ambiance were both good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise, oh the noise, noiseSpenmanDined on 7/23/2014How many reviews have to bring up the noise level problem at Aventura before something is done. Everything else is absolutely exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent Tapas!!KingOfRoyalOakDined on 7/22/2014This is vibrant and cozy Spanish Tapas restaurant with sophisticated food, attentive service, and a relaxed European flair. We had 6 dishes I have never tasted anywhere else. Certainly in my top 5 Ann Arbor restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CitychicVIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have made many trips to Aventura. Saturday night we hosted another couple who was making their first visit to the restaurant. We arrived a tad early and the restaurant was able to seat us immediately. We started with an assortment of pintxos. It was a great start. We shared the brussel sprout salad and an order of the pear salad. The salads were wonderful. Just the right amount for four people to share. We ordered the paella del jueves. The menu indicates that this takes 45 minutes but ours took about twice that even though the restaurant was not busy. It is just ok and I would not recommend ordering it. The rice was overdone and the protein was scarce. We finished with the churros for a nice sweet ending.Special Features:
- Top TapasfoodmonkeyDined on 7/15/2014tapas is a great place. the menu is a terrific mix of all things espana. start with the cava sangria. chilled filled with fresh berries. the cheese platter, sauteed mushrooms and broccoli salad. finish with the delicious churos - - caramel sauce is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodDiner2Dined on 7/13/2014Great food, great service. A little loud for my preference. Will return
- BruncherDined on 7/13/2014I thought their dinner menu was wonderful novel and delicious but the brunch menu/food was superb. It was a new menu and the 'hash' was delicious and shrimp, polenta, spinach terrific. Great bloody Mary's and the wait staff was wonderful.Special Features:
- WallyWarthogDined on 7/8/2014The food was excellent. The staff were expert, helpful and fun. Like most places nowadays, it is noisier than I would like, but at a table for two it was possible to have a reasonable conversation. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/25/2014Could barely hear my dining companions. Tin ceilings and lot of hard surfacesSpecial Features:
- Beautiful Place..Average FarePMA2Dined on 6/25/2014It is with great expectations that I stepped into Aventura, given that it had recently been listed by Business Insider as one of the 100 "Hottest Restaurants" in the U.S. - the only restaurant in Ann Arbor to find a mention on that list. However, the food was far from exceptional. We ordered one of the veg. tapas options, a traditional gazpacho & a chorizo de espana. The tapas & the chorizo were lacking flavor & the gazpacho was strictly ok. It was definitely not worth the price we paid. The ambience is great if you're meeting a bunch of friends after a long time - as I was - and we ended up staying a bit after we ordered our cocktails - which was honestly, the only part of the meal we really enjoyed. Definitely not worth the hype!Special Features:
- Si! Si! AventuraBorisgoodenoughDined on 6/24/2014Ann Arbor's first serious tapas place hits a home run. It's buzzy, noisy and fun! Personal favorites include the gazpacho verde, patatas bravas, mejillones con chorizo, and coles de bruselas (that's Brussels sprouts...). Their sangria (by glass or pitcher) is serious stuff -- try the white version for a completely different set of flavors. The excellent wine list hops around Iberia with goodies you won't see elsewhere. With a wide variety of menu items of all sizes and price points, choose carefully, drink a beer, and you can get out for $30+ per person. Or you can quite easily find yourself dropping three times that much.Special Features:
- NaClOldManDined on 6/23/2014All of the food was overly salty. The chorizo was a mess of flavors; It had no real direction.Special Features:
- Yummy food, TINY tables!AllieDined on 6/23/2014We had a reservation and we were seated right away, which was nice. However, we were seated in an alcove with four 2-person itty bitty tables and a bench around the sides, so we had to sit facing the other patrons in the alcove, which was somewhat awkward. In addition, the light above our table was out (props to them for attempting to fix it, but they told us they were out of bulbs), so it was difficult to see/read the menu. When our food arrived, though, all was forgiven, as everything was either good/interesting or amazing. We also did the wine pairing, which was very good. Cheeses, pimientos rojos, ensalada asturia, albondigas (lamb meatballs), and the churros were all awesome. We'll be back (hopefully not seated in the same place)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealdexterfoodieDined on 6/22/2014We had an early dinner so it wasn't busy. I didn't realize that they have a lovely outdoor patio and wished I'd known to ask to sit out there.Special Features:
- AmazingmegehendDined on 6/18/2014The thing about tapas is that done incorrectly, you leave feeling hungry and in need of an actual meal. After only a few short courses, plus an order of the amazing churros, my dining companion and I were stuffed. Everything was amazing and we had a tough time picking our favorite course at the end of the meal. Looking forward to my next adventure there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, fun, menu and foodPapermavenVIPDined on 6/12/2014What a treat! First, we were greeted by a very friendly and knowledgeable server, who was happy to help us with our Tapas selections. The menu offered many diverse and some unusual items. Because it's Tapas, it's fun to try things you might not normally select. We were not disappointed. The shrimp flatbread was a great starter. We also ordered the fried potatoes, which were like steak fries with a sauce, topped by a fried egg; very tasty. The only item that did not excite was the lamb sliders; I thought they were just a little too salty, but I tend to be somewhat sensitive to salt; presentation of them, and the brioche buns, was great. Actually, all presentations were very inviting! Go and try; you will not be disappointed!Special Features: