216 Washington St
Ann Arbor, MI 48104Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://aventuraannarbor.com/
- Phone: 7343693153x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Daily: 3:30pm - 2:00am
Kitchen Daily 5:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Late Night, Private Room, View, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: S. 5th Ave.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: CLICK HERE FOR PARKING NEAR AVENTURA
A word from Aventura
Aventura is a new and unique restaurant in downtown Ann Arbor offering both a sophisticated and stylish approach to traditional Spanish tapas, served with a genuine and unique approach to hospitality. Servers guide guests on a culinary journey through the menu Beginning with Basque pinxto (small tasty morsels served on skewers) and cocas (deliciously distinct flatbreads) guests will then venture further into the menu with over twenty five crafted tapas and several traditional Paella. Aventura features local produce, seafood and pork (including roast suckling pig.) Enriching the experience is service from our trendy and sexy bar, offering craft cocktails, house made bitters, tonic, juices, syrups, and of course, Sangria. The extensive wine list includes over fifty bottles of Spanish wine.Continued
At Aventura, we are constantly learning, growing and adding value to our community. We extend a warm welcome to all of our community to become a part of the Aventura family.
At Aventura, we are constantly learning, growing and adding value to our community. We extend a warm welcome to all of our community to become a part of the Aventura family.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Aventura - Best Restaurants in Ann Arbor ›
Aventura reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (52)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (29)good for groups (28)special occasion (25)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (17)romantic (17)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (10)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- 38th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014We celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary at Aventura. It was an amazing dining experience. Exceptional food, service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little BummedsmillerlambDined on 9/13/2014After looking at the menu, we were really excited to try several of the dishes and booked a lunch reservation for my husband's birthday. We didn't realize they only serve a very limited menu on Saturdays… all the way until 2:00 in the afternoon! Our only choices were breakfast choices & since it was 1:00, we'd already eaten breakfast and didn't want more eggs. We ended up just having drinks (which were fantastic) and then leaving to go across the street to eat lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun to sharePipsyDined on 8/31/2014The food was good and fun to share. Waiters were on top of delivering the dishes and gave good suggestions. The only negative as others mentioned was that it was loud so conversation was difficult. would definitely go back.Special Features:
- great food, too much noiseliketoeatDined on 8/27/2014Our first time at the restaurant. Food was excellent. The waiter was very knowledgeable and helped us with several decisions. The real downer is the amount/level of noise. And trying to have music on top of the noise is just annoying. You do not provide a rating for the noise that says it is too much or annoying.Special Features:
- Great food and service,lisapDined on 8/27/2014We finally go a chance to check this place out. We gave up our table and opted to sit at the bar and eat. Perfect choice. Suzie was our bartender and server. She was extremely knowledgeable on all the menu offerings and made great suggestions. She also recommended that I try their house made tonic for my vodka and I have to say it was one of the best vodka tonics I had out in a very long time! She made the whole evening a wonderful success with her great service, recommendations and very positive and welcoming attitude. You so rarely see restaurant personal who seem to truly care that you as a guest have a memorable experience. Can't wait to go back and try more delicious options on the menueSpecial Features:
- Fun MealHappyrestaurantgoerDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed Aventura very much on a recent weeknight. The food is inventive and full of good flavors and the wine list is long and interesting. We appreciated that the food just comes when it's ready. Our waiter was sincere and attentive although he had trouble hearing us. Heck, we had trouble hearing us. The restaurant seems to be following a recent annoying trend of "the louder the better" and that really is my only gripe -- is anyone noticing the silly migration from a fun vibe to an atmosphere where diners walk out before ordering because they can't hear each other. we noticed two tables do exactly that the evening we were there. But our hearing is good so we will definitely return for the tasty fun food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InspiredToniVIPDined on 8/3/2014Loved every minute of our dining experience. The new patio is breathtaking. The menu is extensive and everything on it is delicious. We ordered something from every column. Everything was fresh and yummy. The service was great (thanks Mimi!!). All dishes were timed perfectly. We will be back!!Special Features:
- not quite as good a beforeDinningforFunVIPDined on 7/31/2014similar menu to a few months ago. Loved some things like the chicken waffels but the brussel sprouts - were too watery the Paella - which we split has a great crust (socarrat), but was WAY too salty - and could have used more flavors - overall - good, but not greatSpecial Features:
- Bueno!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014My husband and I went to Aventura for the second time and we were not disappointed! We went to Spain in June and were experiencing some withdrawal symptoms so made reservations for a Thursday night. The food was amazing, the wine recommendations were spectacular, and our waitress was thoughtfully attentive without being overbearing. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone, particularly for a special occasion. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014Totally a fun place to go to dinner with friends. Tapas and small plates were all excellent. Our waitress was great, accommodating and very knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty and sweetNickiDined on 7/29/2014Most items on the menu play on the salty/sweet idea. The pinxtos are meant to be one or two bites but it varies depending on which you pick - the tortilla espanola was enough for three people to try a good bite. The cocas are the best value - they have 5 slices and are well priced. A little disappointed with the espinacas catalan and the brussel sprouts - both were bland and too sweet. The patatas bravas are excellent, pollo de golfes was a creative take on chicken and waffles, merguez and bread pudding was also good, bacon wrapped dates never disappoint. They recommend you get 2-3 items per person but I think you could get away with less if you get a coca. Churros were great - 5 per order. Great spot to come with a group and share.Special Features:
- Brunch was just so-soAAFoodie123Dined on 7/27/2014The bloody mary was the highlight of my brunch. I was somewhat disappointed with the quality of the food. Portion size was fair. But my meal was a little overcooked, which was surprising given the relative simplicity of the dish. I would still come back to try out the dinner menu and perhaps another brunch dish. Service and ambiance were both good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The noise, oh the noise, noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014How many reviews have to bring up the noise level problem at Aventura before something is done. Everything else is absolutely exceptional.Special Features:
- Excellent Tapas!!KingOfRoyalOakDined on 7/22/2014This is vibrant and cozy Spanish Tapas restaurant with sophisticated food, attentive service, and a relaxed European flair. We had 6 dishes I have never tasted anywhere else. Certainly in my top 5 Ann Arbor restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CitychicVIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I have made many trips to Aventura. Saturday night we hosted another couple who was making their first visit to the restaurant. We arrived a tad early and the restaurant was able to seat us immediately. We started with an assortment of pintxos. It was a great start. We shared the brussel sprout salad and an order of the pear salad. The salads were wonderful. Just the right amount for four people to share. We ordered the paella del jueves. The menu indicates that this takes 45 minutes but ours took about twice that even though the restaurant was not busy. It is just ok and I would not recommend ordering it. The rice was overdone and the protein was scarce. We finished with the churros for a nice sweet ending.Special Features:
- Top TapasfoodmonkeyDined on 7/15/2014tapas is a great place. the menu is a terrific mix of all things espana. start with the cava sangria. chilled filled with fresh berries. the cheese platter, sauteed mushrooms and broccoli salad. finish with the delicious churos - - caramel sauce is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodDiner2Dined on 7/13/2014Great food, great service. A little loud for my preference. Will return
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014I thought their dinner menu was wonderful novel and delicious but the brunch menu/food was superb. It was a new menu and the 'hash' was delicious and shrimp, polenta, spinach terrific. Great bloody Mary's and the wait staff was wonderful.Special Features:
- WallyWarthogDined on 7/8/2014The food was excellent. The staff were expert, helpful and fun. Like most places nowadays, it is noisier than I would like, but at a table for two it was possible to have a reasonable conversation. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/25/2014Could barely hear my dining companions. Tin ceilings and lot of hard surfacesSpecial Features:
- Beautiful Place..Average FarePMA2Dined on 6/25/2014It is with great expectations that I stepped into Aventura, given that it had recently been listed by Business Insider as one of the 100 "Hottest Restaurants" in the U.S. - the only restaurant in Ann Arbor to find a mention on that list. However, the food was far from exceptional. We ordered one of the veg. tapas options, a traditional gazpacho & a chorizo de espana. The tapas & the chorizo were lacking flavor & the gazpacho was strictly ok. It was definitely not worth the price we paid. The ambience is great if you're meeting a bunch of friends after a long time - as I was - and we ended up staying a bit after we ordered our cocktails - which was honestly, the only part of the meal we really enjoyed. Definitely not worth the hype!Special Features:
- Si! Si! AventuraBorisgoodenoughDined on 6/24/2014Ann Arbor's first serious tapas place hits a home run. It's buzzy, noisy and fun! Personal favorites include the gazpacho verde, patatas bravas, mejillones con chorizo, and coles de bruselas (that's Brussels sprouts...). Their sangria (by glass or pitcher) is serious stuff -- try the white version for a completely different set of flavors. The excellent wine list hops around Iberia with goodies you won't see elsewhere. With a wide variety of menu items of all sizes and price points, choose carefully, drink a beer, and you can get out for $30+ per person. Or you can quite easily find yourself dropping three times that much.Special Features:
- NaClOldManDined on 6/23/2014All of the food was overly salty. The chorizo was a mess of flavors; It had no real direction.Special Features:
- Yummy food, TINY tables!AllieDined on 6/23/2014We had a reservation and we were seated right away, which was nice. However, we were seated in an alcove with four 2-person itty bitty tables and a bench around the sides, so we had to sit facing the other patrons in the alcove, which was somewhat awkward. In addition, the light above our table was out (props to them for attempting to fix it, but they told us they were out of bulbs), so it was difficult to see/read the menu. When our food arrived, though, all was forgiven, as everything was either good/interesting or amazing. We also did the wine pairing, which was very good. Cheeses, pimientos rojos, ensalada asturia, albondigas (lamb meatballs), and the churros were all awesome. We'll be back (hopefully not seated in the same place)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealdexterfoodieDined on 6/22/2014We had an early dinner so it wasn't busy. I didn't realize that they have a lovely outdoor patio and wished I'd known to ask to sit out there.Special Features:
- AmazingmegehendDined on 6/18/2014The thing about tapas is that done incorrectly, you leave feeling hungry and in need of an actual meal. After only a few short courses, plus an order of the amazing churros, my dining companion and I were stuffed. Everything was amazing and we had a tough time picking our favorite course at the end of the meal. Looking forward to my next adventure there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, fun, menu and foodPapermavenVIPDined on 6/12/2014What a treat! First, we were greeted by a very friendly and knowledgeable server, who was happy to help us with our Tapas selections. The menu offered many diverse and some unusual items. Because it's Tapas, it's fun to try things you might not normally select. We were not disappointed. The shrimp flatbread was a great starter. We also ordered the fried potatoes, which were like steak fries with a sauce, topped by a fried egg; very tasty. The only item that did not excite was the lamb sliders; I thought they were just a little too salty, but I tend to be somewhat sensitive to salt; presentation of them, and the brioche buns, was great. Actually, all presentations were very inviting! Go and try; you will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Aventura is a great pick!TapasALLtheWayDined on 6/10/2014There was not a single tapas that I tried and didn't like. The food is delicious! While there are a number of restaurants in Ann Arbor, there are few that meet the taste bud standards considering how much comes out of pocket. Aventura is the exception. Each pintxos combination results in an explosion of flavors in your mouth. Their cheese platters are equally good. I'm usually not a fan of goat cheese, but their goat cheese is phenomenal. With regards to their tapas, don't disregard their veggie tapas- their brussel sprouts, spinach, and mushroom tapas are amazing. I'd highly recommend this restaurant with a group of friends so you can all try a number of different tapas. I can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousmerlsNbeansDined on 6/8/2014The food was super tasty! The Idiazabal was my favorite... as was the dish with mussels and sausage tomato sauce... SO delish!Special Features:
- The following 115 reviews are from the Aventura reviews archive.
- A popular place these daysfoodiechefDined on 5/22/2014Always ask what the special coca is (and usually order it). Don't order all tapas at once. They might all come out at once and the tables are small. Some of the tables (for two) are ridiculously small and the side-by-side seating at them is ludicrous. The croquetas jamon were way too salty. The spare rib pinxtos were fantastic, as were the patatas bravas. The pulpo a la gallega is worth trying - its flavors are authentic and the dish was prepared well. IMHO, mine is better though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real thing!PaigeReaderDined on 5/22/2014Every dish we tried was delicious and beautifully presented. You can see and feel the care that has gone into making this place top notch in every way. Fair prices. great verity, something for everyone. Unfortunately, the noise level is very high. Our party could not carry on a conversation without someone having to yell "What?" every couple of minutes. Perhaps some measures could be taken to absorb some of the noise. Otherwise, a perfect meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/15/2014Good food. Fun experience. Took too long to get a glass of wine. Otherwise service was good. Loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsCitychicVIPDined on 5/12/2014Dined on a Monday night with two girlfriends and the restaurant was crowded. We fortunately had reservations. Started with the Brussel sprout salad. What they do with the little cabbages is amazing. Our next course was mussels, lamb sliders and shrimp. Again I would certainly order all three over and over. The shrimp is outstanding. Finished with lemon tart and churros. We spent the rest of our night debating which sauce was the best with the churros. Great night and wonderful service.Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in TownHungryHippoDined on 5/11/2014I have lived in Ann Arbor for 4 years and this is the best restaurant I have been to in town. The best word I can find to describe my experience is delightful. The waiter was polite and bubbly, the food was delicious and unique, and the house made gin and tonic was the best drink I've ever had. I will be going back to my new favorite restaurant for every special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aventura first visitthedineouterDined on 5/11/2014The atmosphere was buzzing, the food and drinks were great and the staff was polite, funny and always on time! Definitely will dine there more often! RonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day MadnessSEMichiganDinerDined on 5/11/2014When I looked at the menu online it was what we previously had at night when we went to Aventura, we were unaware they were serving brunch. The waitress said they had been serving brunch for about 2 wks. The dishes were very egg based - many with a fried egg. We also didn't like some of the ones we tried and they were out of some. It was noisy & add in the guitar player and it was very noisy.. The drinks are excellent, the concept is fun and you get to try lots of different things. I believe our waitress was new, she didn't quite have the timing down yet of when to bring dishes and what to recommend and we didn't get two things we ordered, so pointed it out at the end and just had her take them off the bill. We will continue to go at night.Special Features:
- Tasty Tapas!A2FoodieDined on 4/20/2014Overall, it was a great meal! Nice variety of flavors. The churros with dipping sauces, such as salted caramel and chile infused dark chocolate, were PHENOMENAL! The live flamenco guitar was nice. The latte was the best I've EVER had. It had a hint of cinnamon to it. Beware of the Blood Mary though...incredibly spicy and peppery. It was almost too intense and not palatable while eating food.Special Features:
- Third time in two weeksTerreJeanDined on 4/17/2014First visited the restaurant with a group of six based on a word of mouth recommendation. Everyone loved it. I liked it so much that I booked it for a dinner before UofM Les Mis. Then friends joined us for AA symphony and I booked it again. Both times it was a hit. My only minor complaint was I ordered a special gin & tonic, they were out of one ingredient and just delivered it without the ingredient. I should have been asked because that ingredient was why I ordered the drink. Be sure to order the bacon wrapped dates, they are to die for. And both Brussel sprout dishes are spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurant. VerySANDPAPERDined on 4/8/2014Excellent restaurant. Very good food and great drink variety!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not that greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/3/2014Food looked that was pre-cooked and re-warmed. Some orders had a lot of potato and almost no meet/fish and that was the main part of the dish.