1607 N. Cahuenga Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aventinehollywood.com/
- Phone: 3235000969x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Adolfo Veronese
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call for more details.
- Entertainment: DJ Friday and Saturday Nights from 10pm - 2am
- Special Events: Please contact our Events Director with any Special Event inquires.
A word from Aventine Restaurant
Aventine is an eclectic social trattoria. The food is rustic Italian, the drinks robust, the bar area feels as though it has been around for a century, and the outdoor patio is alluring yet intimate. Located in the heart of the Hollywood Entertainment district, this turn of the century restaurant feels like you’re in the heart of Italy. The menu is Farmers Market inspired with simple yet sublime ingredients. join Aventine for a culinary experience you won’t want to miss.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Aventine Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Hollywood ›
Aventine Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (33)romantic (26)special occasion (23)vibrant bar scene (22)fit for foodies (21)hot spot (21)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (19)notable wine list (10)late-night find (9)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- DisappointedMVanDined on 8/23/2014Dinner with friends-- very frenetic waiter who kept running around and could not take our order in one shot. Kept going and coming-- Food was just ok-- nothing special or very well executed. Disappointed overall. Sommelier was good.
- All thumbs upJLandCompanyDined on 8/22/2014After passing by the Aventine time and time again while loading our music equipment into the nearby music venue, hotel café, we finally made a dinner reservation to see what it was all about. We were originally drawn to the Aventine by the graceful, romantic atmosphere that seemed to trickle out of the back doors as we would walk by, but now we are hooked on all the treats it has to offer. Every bite we took did not disappoint. The Prosciutto pizza was the best we've had yet (and we added burrata so it was even MORE delicious. Our favorite entrée was the short ribs - you will not be disappointed. And you MUST GET DESERT. Hands down one of the best dining experiences we have had in Los Angeles, and quite possibly anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve is the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014My friend and I met here for happy hour on Tuesday and we had a blast. It was both of our first times dining here and because of Steve, the bartender, we will definitely be back. He is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014I had originally planned on a romantic dinner on the patio with my husband before an event at the Hollywood bowl. When I booked the reservation I specifically requested a patio table. The restaurant called to confirm my reservation twice, but failed to mention that there would be a private party reserving the entire patio. And by party, I mean bass-booming, utterly distracting music (and we were inside). I am in my late 20's and up for a party, but that is not how this restaurant is advertised. We left without eating (3 stars only because it was required). What a bummer! Please let your customers know when this type of even is occurring during the confirmation call, especially when they specifically request the "charm"ing patio (per web)
- For a Wonderful Time, Pick AventinemhquantumVIPDined on 8/15/2014It was my wife's Birthday, so I wanted to find a special restaurant. Aventine delivered in every way. The space is very inviting with large outdoor areas. We ordered the special Halibut, which was superb. However, what made the evening special was our waiter (who's name I unfortunately forgot). He was friendly, knowledgeable about the food, and very attentive to our needs. We had a screening to attend, so he timed everything perfectly to get us out on time, including the birthday desert and sparkler that he brought to surprise my wife. I hope the owners of Aventine checks to see who our waiter was and forwards our compliments and thanks. I would recommend Aventine to anyone who appreciates good food, great atmosphere, and fabulous service.Special Features:
- Great Outdoor PatioSaffi2050VIPDined on 8/6/2014A fabulous outdoor patio, completely enclosed but open to the sky - food was very good. Do yourself a favor - use the valet parking!Special Features:
- Co-worker's farewell dinnerhungryhungryhanhDined on 8/6/2014Service was great, and because of the occasion, it made my colleague feel special and taken care of. I understand that not all places have the typical red sauce but one option would have been nice. My orrechiete with clams was just OK, a little lacking in flavor. Arancini and burrata appetizers were great.Special Features:
- Not a good nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We had reservation for the outdoor portion of the restaurant , all of a sudden it started to rain , we had to go inside and never got a table , people that came after us with no reservation were seated before us , ended up 7 people eating at a table for 2 .I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising gem in hollywoodoncethenDined on 8/2/2014We had just had a terrible experience at the last italian spot we tried. Aventine made us forget that experience. The risotto was perfectly prepared, the beer and wine list had variety and our server Kelly was charming, thoughtful and a joy. Wonderful time! Great locationSpecial Features:
- loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/28/2014Great food. Had the riceball, meatballs and parpadelle pasta with the ossobucco sauce. Great outdoor seating and our server was awesome. If I ever come back to cali, will definitely go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hollywood Eatery FindHollywoodismyhomeDined on 7/28/2014You will not go wrong with this place. It has everything! Great food, great ambiance, great service... Hands down one of my new favorite places to eat. Romantic for two and also great for a group. Food is amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for pre-theatrePittygrammaDined on 7/26/2014Gorgeous patio dining spot. Outstanding service. Bolognese sauce was delicious! Super convenient to theaters and the have valet parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool LA HauntGPDEatsDined on 7/26/2014Hip and happening spot. Supposedly the place to run into celebrities but we were there too early to confirm this. The food is OK...good, not great. It seems really great when you are reading through the options but in reality, both my wife and are were a built underwhelmed with the food quality but the ambiance, service and overall experience was positive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theater dinnerMcKinneyDined on 6/25/2014I had the special, a black ink pasta with seafood. The sommelier was helpful in picking a wine within our taste & budget.
- Great outdoor dining in HollywoodLaurentBoyeVIPDined on 6/5/2014In the heart of Hollywood, the food is excellent as well as the cocktails. The music is a bit too loud for conversation, and the waiter interrupts a bit too much.Special Features:
- AventineOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014The ambiance is great - a very nice outdoor patio in the heart of Hollywood. However, I have been there twice now for dinner and the food is then impressive. Most recently I asked my out-of-town guests their honest opinion and sadly they admitted that they were dissappointed in the food as well. It's a really great patio but maybe visit for a drink at the outdoor bar, spend your hard earned money on better food somewhere else.Special Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014We really enjoyed the scene, vibe and food. Top notch service! Our waiter ruled. Beautiful atmosphere and people. Get the short rib ravioli and house salad. The chiani by the glass is also amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Fave Spot!JodisonDined on 5/15/2014Excellent all around. Beautiful interior. Loved the vibe, service and food was great! They have jazz music at night in the back and it is played at the perfect volume. You can still talk while enjoying the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/9/2014Nice outdoor space, specialty drinks were not my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new Hollywood gem!HollywoodFoodieDined on 5/5/2014I saw this place on the Cahuenga row of clubs and restaurants and figured it as "just another one", but I was wrong. Aventine is lovely and the food and service are first drawer. The meatball pizza was delicious, the caprese salad had perfect heirloom tomatoes and yummy mozzarella. Even the bread and butter was "take it home" good! We ate on the large tented back patio, which for very comfortable, even on a cool night. Our waitress was attentive, yet gave us our space when we needed it. Let's just say we will definitely tell our friends about it and come back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 88 reviews are from the Aventine Restaurant reviews archive.
- Hot spot, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/3/2014Located in an area of Hollywood that is very busy and popular, Aventine is a great find for anyone who appreciates high-quality Italian food at a reasonable price (who doesn't?). Because it's a trendy location, it's fairly noisy, so would not recommend for anyone looking for a quiet getaway. If you want to be in the center of the action, this is a place for you.Special Features:
- nice spotiamandypDined on 4/26/2014I was pleased with the service although the seating is very tight. The menu is simple but covers the basics you would expect. The specials were great and I suspect that is why the menu is kept simple so the can feature the variety in the daily specialsSpecial Features:
- Gorgeous!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Beautiful food, very attentive staff. A little bit expensive to be honest but the quality of the food made that okay.Special Features:
- This restaurant is withindesserthoundDined on 4/9/2014This restaurant is within walking distance of the Pantages theater. Unlike many of the other pretentious restaurants closer to the theater, this one has great food! Very knowledgeable staff regarding the menu and were very aware of our time constraint. Excellent presentation, but mostly just excellent, well prepared food.Special Features:
- Great All Aroundkaitlinw21Dined on 4/4/2014The food and service were outstanding. We had a really great time at Aventine. It was "happening" but not too loud or crowded. One of my favorite restaurants. The burrata appetizer is my favorite of all time!Special Features:
- Wonderful Find!ClaireDined on 4/4/2014Aventine was affordable, and the food was amazing! Great presentation, creative way of putting the items together. We had the Burratta and the Gamberoni for appetizers, the Pizza Bianca, and then for dessert we had the Caramel Budino. All were amazing. The vinagrette on the Burratta paired well with the grees, and the toasted bread with it was perfect. The vinagrette with the proscuto wrapped shrimp (the Gamberoni) was maginificent. The pizza was a thin crust pizza and I loved the toppings. The flavors in the desserts were easily destictable, you could taste the accent of salt with the caramel and chocolate. The service was great too. I enjoyed one of their specialty drinks with crushed cucumber in it which was amazing as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianLCdinerVIPDined on 4/2/2014First of all, the room is lovely. High end rustic. Covered patio that will be great in the summer. Varied menu with some interesting choices. And excellent service!Special Features:
- From great restaurant to nightclubElleDined on 3/28/2014I've been to this restaurant before and dining in the outdoor courtyard has always been charming and great. But my most recent visit on Friday night was pretty awful - the courtyard turned into a nightclub at 10pm, and me and my dinner guests were practically screaming at each other over the music trying to chat as we ate dinner. It was really unpleasant.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Wonderful ambiance and friendly staff. Delicious moderately priced food and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingsmikehardingDined on 3/26/2014Its a great place - the food is superb and of the highest standards around. BUT the music is awful and was way too loud… all our party objected to this. Honestly there is no need for music at all in a nice pace like this. would think hard before going back...Special Features:
- what a gem!DrueDined on 3/15/2014In the busy (and sometimes touristy) bar and restaurant scene, is this wonderful gem of a restaurant. My boyfriend and i shared a pizza and a pasta dish and were thrilled with the atmosphere and service by friendly staff, waiters, and bus boys. We had a wonderful experience and will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- short walk to PantagesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2014We ate here prior to attending a show at the Pantages. The food was good, the waiter was very attentive and spent time reviewing the menu to make sure we all knew what was available. My teenage daughter was not thrilled about the choices as there are not a lot of "standard" Italian dishes available, but overall I think everyone enjoyed their meal. The music was quite loud, but when we asked if they could turn it down a little bit, they gladly did so. There is valet parking available out front, and we were able to leave our car there for the entire evening for just $10. It was a short 3-4 block walk to the theater from the restaurant, so very convenient!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining after the showTricialiciousVIPDined on 2/16/2014We came here after seeing a show at the Pantages. We had a reservation and when we walked in we were seated right away. The staff were warm and friendly. The noise level was above what is comfortable for a conversation but the music was decent, not too frenetic, so at least it was tolerable. The food was very good. A nice selection of small bites, pizza, pasta, entrees and desserts. We had a collection of appetizers and a pasta dish which we shared. Great for a late evening meal.Special Features:
- Not the place for a quiet dinnerHalleeDined on 2/14/2014Our party of 4 found the food and service to be good. However, the loud music pretty much spoiled our dinner. A restaurant should have background music and they had the music at a volume which was not compatible with good dinner conversation. For that reason, we won't go back.
- Friendly Neighborhood SpotJBKlaDined on 2/7/2014I happened upon this restaurant two weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised to discover that the food is outstanding and equally important, the staff is friendly, courteous, and very helpful! The server Gigi is particularly amazing and went out of her way to make our dining experience awesome. I have already returned for a second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciouskatiemacDined on 2/7/2014The ambiance is lovely, comfortably elegant. The dishes we ordered were great and tasted really fresh, particularly the pesto gnocchi. It is a bit loud but we were still able to enjoy conversation. As the evening grew later however the music changed to a bit more 'club/dance' music, which is a little contradictory to the 'upscale casual' feel of the restaurant. It turns out Aventine has a club as well, AV next door. I am unsure if that has anything to do with the shift in vibe but it was notable to me. Aside from that, very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Descent bar-scene but noisyFoodieVIPDined on 1/25/2014Descent crowd of Age 30+, pleasant staff, but wash't impressed by the food or having to yell a little much while trying to have a conversation. Bick-walls may look cool but are very unpractical unless you want to project sound off of them..Special Features:
- Great food great companySoneDined on 1/20/2014I've been wanting to come here. It's great. The ambience, Decore and food looked amazing. Would definitely come here again. Love the casa salad and the ravioliSpecial Features:
- great place!hjssDined on 1/14/2014This is a great place for dinner. I went with my girlfriend and we had wonderful sea bass and a shrimp appetizer. The service was nice too.Special Features:
- Fabulous food, atmosphereDawneVIPDined on 1/10/2014Fabulous food, atmosphere and service. Really enjoyable first experience. Will definitely return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.