Aventine Glen Ellen
14301 Arnold Drive #32
Glen Ellen, CA 95442Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Aventine Glen Ellen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aventineglenellen.com/
- Phone: (707) 934-8911
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Sunday: Nightly 4:30pm-Close
Happy Hour: Tuesday 4:30-Close; Wednesday-Sunday 4:30-6:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Adolfo Veronese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Aventine Glen Ellen
The Third Branch of Aventine opens this Spring in Glen Ellen featuring a full bar, brewery and farm fresh to table dishes by Executive Chef Adolfo Veronese. Located in the historic Grist Mill in Glen Ellen, Chef Adolfo and his partners, Rodrigo Nevado and Gian Paolo Veronese, create a modern interpretation of the Italian Osteria experience where old rustic and familiar style is fused with the bounty of flavors native to beautiful Sonoma. Similar to its predecessors in San Francisco and Hollywood, Aventine Glen Ellen is a place to eat, drink and socialize where everyone feels like familia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aventine Glen Ellen reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (92)neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (74)special occasion (51)scenic view (42)good for groups (41)notable wine list (39)romantic (39)vibrant bar scene (35)hot spot (28)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (3)Show More
- it's just amazingImmaDined on 11/19/2014The food is extraordinary. The wine list a find. And the location is perfect, particularly on a warm night, in the terrace, with the twinkling lights and the creek below. Don't skip it when it rains, though. The inside is pretty fabulous also. And did I mention the food? Have the lamb, please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocre but the service was excellent.ronroVIPDined on 11/12/2014The salad dressing was way too tart. Grilled pear salad had only a few small pieces of pear and minute amount of pine nuts, and croutons which were like stale bread cubes. the mushroom soup was disappointing because it was bland. We think the restaurant location and ambience has potential but we won't go back unless the quality of the food is much improved.
- a find in Glen EllenrugguyDined on 11/9/2014In spite of its wine country location and rural charm, Glen Ellen has few noteworthy dining spots. Now there is one that is worth the trip. Free corkage for those who have picked up something special at one of the renowned nearby wineries. This is unusual in Glen Ellen where the restaurants generally feel food is something to sop up the sloshing wine they agressively push. The food was of a general high caliber and the ambience perfect. The restaurant is located in a very charming low key woodsy area that offers splendid relief from the awkward spaces and limited views of the Sonoma Plaza restaurants. A can't miss in an area where finding excellent dining can be challenging.Special Features:
- Give me my $$ back!dbariDined on 11/9/2014Bad service...slow....wimpy lettuce with sticks of cheese....yuck. $10 for a glass of wine that was mediocre I like rustic but don't make the foid seem like it was made in the camper. ..the pizza was just ok....they need to get their act together and nit rip off customers because they think the are in wine country.....I ve eaten many a time in the bay area and this was a mess all around.say buon appettito doesn't make the food taste better.Special Features:
- VAL' S PLACEUndergroundTV888Dined on 11/8/2014For a late night dinning experience, with the Buzz of an Il Bucco, lower Manhattgan,New York City. The menu and Service Is Nuevo/Hip !!! SALUTE !Special Features:
- Food is disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/8/20143 of 4 of us said we could make the dish we ordered at home - and probably better. We go there for the experience of eating outside on the deck next to the creek. The wait staff if always nice. But we would never take 'foodies' there. The food is mediocre at best. Salads are fresh and more creative.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience at Aventine. My boyfriend and I were visiting from San Diego so this was our first time in Sonoma County. The service, ambiance and food were outstanding!!Special Features:
- New Local Treasure!FoodieflickaDined on 11/8/2014The ambiance and food were excellent, beautiful venue and location. I will recommend to friends and family. The outdoor seating was lovely, after dinner we sat outside on the couch and enjoyed the full moon as we finished our bottle of Preston Zinfandel which is a stellar wine and a great price point.The service was adequate they need to be more attentive to filling the water and wine glasses. And lastly but an important factor in my dining out was the music which was not conducive to this truly extraordinary venue, sounded like canned elevator music, disappointing. I loved everything else about this new restaurant and will be trying the San Francisco and Los Angeles locations in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great resturant. fun ambiancepartysonomaDined on 11/7/2014Amazing service. great food. Friendly staff. Fun. We celebrated our anniversarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Visit ReactionFirsttimerDined on 11/4/2014First of all the Open Table reservation experience was a first for me, and I found that super easy and much more convenient than waiting for restaurant "open hours" to place a reservation by phone. Also receiving the reservation confirmation was a really good feature. Our first visit to Aventine was a lovely experience. The staff was very friendly, the service was excellent. We've rarely seen such 5-star service in such a friendly atmosphere. We were visited at our table by the chef, which is always a very welcoming touch. The food was excellent. The evening was an all around lovely experience. We will definitely be return guests and will also recommend Aventine to friends.Special Features:
- Great Food in Historic PropertySonomajoeDined on 10/31/2014I love the property and setting of the Grist Mill and winery owned by Jack London. Great to have such a friendly but upscale local restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014From the beginning the restaurant was a pleasure. The hostess seated us immediately as we arrived which was right at the time of our reservation. Thw waiter appeared after about 3 minutes of reviewing our menu to take the drink order. We received our glass of Proseco which was a very generous pour & was delicious. We decided to order salad & split an entree. The salad was great & generous. The entree was the noki (spelling?) which was light & melted in your mouth. Absolutely fantastic!! A great restaurant & I would recommend it to all y friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceDennisSDined on 10/30/2014Everything from being greeted as we entered; to service by the server and the wait staff to the outstanding meal was perfect! We were so impressed we purchased a gift certificate for an upcoming honorarium presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great but food okayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/24/2014We had a good enough salad each but our margarita pizza was overdone and uninteresting. We ordered the olive appetizer thinking we were getting other delicatables added to the dish such as toast, etc. but all we got was a small ramiken of small olives with a sprig of rosemary that cost $5 or $8 (can't remember). The need to add better appetizers in my opinion. I want this restaurant to last but the food is really just so-so at this point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- manager on floorKenwoodlocalDined on 10/21/2014We have been to this restaurant a couple of times and the food and the service are really good. But unfortunately the manager is not very friendly and if you had a slight problem as I did, his people skills are lacking. When I asked for a replacement of my drink the waiter was very accommodating, but when the manager came over to see what was wrong he was mad that I had sent my drink back. He never came back to see if I was happy with my new drink or even say he was sorry for the problem. He basically just walked away from me after I explained my very small complaint. It was not a good experience. I'll go back because I live in the neighborhood, but that's not a way to keep your local customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best in Sonoma Valley!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/17/2014We love this new place! We eat out often and this is the best new restaurant we have come across in a long time. Great drinks, delicious food, wonderful setting and attentive service. The chef Adolfo and his wife Toni make this a special experience every time. Well worth the visit!Special Features:
- We live right here in SonomaWineguruDined on 10/15/2014and have never been to this place before. Exceptional warm greeting and wonderful table service. Loved everything except a group that was large and got so noisy we could not hear each other well. This was upstairs, not good acoustics. But we will be going back for sure. Maybe with our whole wine group.Special Features:
- Getting It Rightvisitor2chicagoDined on 10/12/2014First time visitor to this modern classic Italian restaurant--outstanding and looking forward to becoming a regular. One suggestion is regarding some of the outdoor tables--if you are tall (long-legged), the high tables and bar stools could be uncomfortable and recommend you request a regular seat/table. You will find the staff genuinely helpful, the portions appropriate, the food delivered hot. Two of the contorni (sides) we ordered were good enough, but a little on the oily side--the mushrooms lacked any layers of flavor and could have included more porcini. The pizzas, gnocchi, and Maine scallops we ordered were perfection. The corkage fee was fair, the wine list well chosen. Stop in anytime for a real bit of Italy!Special Features:
- No disappointmentsDinerDighDined on 10/12/2014Fourth time dining at Aventine and no hint of anything going wrong. Sitting outside (heat lamps available) is heavenly. The menu is not extensive and runs from $$ to $$$$ in price range, but the choices cover a wide variety of foods. The specials are always special, too. An entry area bar features TV for sports fans and seems cozy and fun. The inside dining area is also diner friendly and has a fireplace for winter dining. I'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sports Bar?luvwineDined on 10/12/2014Food was good and the service was attentive. Wine list is extensive and prices are affordable. Too much noise from the bar area ruined a nice quiet meal. This restaurant needs to make a choice between operating as a sports bar or a restaurant for couples or groups wishing to have a special occasion or a quiet meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice settingTruckeeloverVIPDined on 10/11/2014Very nice staff. We were met by the chefs' wife and she changed our table to the patio when she realized it was our anniversary. They made sure the heater was on. Our waitress was very nice and made suggestions. The food was good but not great. They did offer several gluten free options which was a real plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't recommendSonomaHikerDined on 10/1/2014I so wanted Aventine to be successful after so many restaurants have failed in the location. I've been to the bar and, despite the uncomfortable stools, it is a fine, abeit over priced, place to have a drink. As a dining spot, however, I can't recommend it. The service lacks, the food is tasteless, and the prices over the top! If you stick to the pizza and some of the appetizers, you'll be OK. However, entrees are very limited and without flair. I won't go back.
- Great vibe. Poor delivery.NinjaDined on 9/26/2014Great ambience. Good food. Poor service. Everything came at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine and DineGottaEatDined on 9/25/2014Rolled into Glen Ellen and into this gem of a restaurant. Sat outside on the cool Fall night, only to be warmed by the great food, notable wine selections and heat lamps. A very nice grouping of wines and food made our selections that much easier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glowing in Glen EllenowenDined on 9/21/2014Aventine is a truly welcome addition to the limited dining scene in Glen Ellen, and probably the most authentic Italian restaurant in the area. I always find risotto a good test, and the risotto with funghi was outstanding -- cooked exactly to the right al dente consistency. Both wines, the prosecco and the pinot grigio (from the Veneto, as I recall) were excellent. One small complaint: Our otherwise attentive and charming waitress asked, several times, if we were "still working" on our meals. This is a common fault these days. But finally we told her, politely, that we were eating, not working. She laughed sweetly, and didn't say it again. But this was a very small glitch in a fine experience. Benvenuto, Aventine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glen Ellen (Wine Country) GemFoodieVIPDined on 9/20/2014Glen Ellen has added another amazing restaurant to its list. Aventine delivers a fine dining experience with ambiance and style. Glen Ellen has become a hot spot for dining in wine country (catering to visitors who stay near the wineries), and Aventine does not disappoint. The lasagna is amazing. The deserts are crazy-good (leaning towards French style). The ambiance is perfect, with indoor or outdoor dining options. The historic Grist Mill location adds a historic element to the dining experience. The service was excellent!Special Features:
- Great food and vibeYummyDined on 9/20/2014The steak, lamb chops were great! They were perfectly cooked and full of flavor. The truffle butter is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SGNITROVIPDined on 9/18/2014Very nice new restaurant. Friendly staff. Enjoyed the pizza as an appetizer and truffle popcorn (would not have ordered, but the family wanted and glad they did). Pasta dishes were the standout entrees.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic and RelaxedCcsonomaDined on 9/18/2014I live 10 minutes away and am so happy to have a great new place to eat! Home made pasta and great Italian food in a relaxed friendly environment. Skip the tourist scene and traffic on the Sonoma Plaza for an off-the-beaten path - creek side dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going done hill fastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014This was our second try and the food the first time was ok and the service was great. This time the food was not good at all and the service was lacking. We will not go back again unless something changes.
- DinerDighDinerDighDined on 9/18/2014Second visit, this time sat outside with out of the country guests. Gorgeous evening, delightful acoustic Spanish guitar music, everything but the service was great. It was probably an just an anomaly because the server made up for the long wait and mixup on drinks by providing lots of attention later. My friends loved it!Special Features:
- Glen Ellen gem in historic millWinepupDined on 9/17/2014Food is finally equal to this beautiful location! Great service from friendly and professional staff. The fried risotto balls were savory & tender on inside with a whisper of crunch on the outside. Their special meatball appetizer was meaty and lushious served on creamy polenta that held the sauce & matched perfectly! A perfect bite. Share both and don't try to decide- you won't regret it. Do not skip the salads here. Our party had the Rosso verde, the caprese, the house (casa) and the grilled octopus. Each one was a work of art - fresh and beautifully matched ingredients. Pizzas were delicious (wood oven crust-tasty well balanced toppings) but now I want to return get the risotto...or the gnocchi... or the ravioli..!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/16/2014Aventine is a very welcome addition to the Glen Ellen/Sonoma area. The food is beautifully presented and prepared. There are plenty of restaurants in this area, but while many of them charge high-end prices, their meals fail to deliver on taste. Aventine is a glorious exception. Their food is most definitely worth the price. Go!Special Features:
- Great new spot in Glen Ellen.PinothoundDined on 9/14/2014The deck is really nice. Cool bar but not very big. Pizza and appetizers were fantastic. Good menu with lots of choices, nice staff. Loved the special meatball.Special Features:
- The MenuUnclbarVIPDined on 9/14/2014We've been there twice now. We really want to like Aventine. The people are really nice, and they are trying. But we've tried a cross section of menu items and just have not had a single entree that we want to come back for. I think it probably the menu itself, not the cooking. It might be just us--you should give it a try and see if you feel the same way.Special Features:
- Not So GoodevadjudeDined on 9/13/2014It is always sad when a restaurant pipes in music that is so annoying that it can actually make the food taste bad. Speaking of the food, I had the lasagna that was okay, but it was served in a hot, very hot, cast iron dish, so hot that I really could not eat the food for a good 5 minutes. What's wrong with plating it on a plate? My wife had the ravioli which, again, was okay, but not presented well at all, just sort of "dumped" on the plate. And $17 for burata and some bad toast? Cut me a break! So much of good dining is in the presentation and Aventine clearly fails here. The service was fine, but it seemed that the staff was not consistently trained, and that there was a lot of wasted movement.
- Outstanding all the way around!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2014Finally, a great new restaurant in the area, wow! We dine out regularly and often and Aventine is a real treat from start to finish. Beginning at the picturesque entrance with bridge over creek, to the beautiful full bar with views of the water wheel, to both indoor and outdoor dining, this place has it all. The menu is outstanding, the food quality is over the top and the dishes inspired. The Casa salad is a winner and the Risotto with short rib special was one of the best meals I have ever had. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new restaurant in Glen EllenGwenDined on 9/11/2014Great addition to the area! Fantastic service and delicious food! Ambiance is awesome! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- immature staffmabledogDined on 9/10/2014The staff makes errors regarding your order and has no personal knowledge of the choices on the menu. I am a local. This was my third dining experience at Aventine; waiters show no enthusiasm regarding menu, wine or history of the location. Staff AND manager need training.Special Features:
- Three visits - all very good!ducktafnutDined on 9/10/2014This was my third time there, and great meals each time. The service is getting better all the time, but has never been bad. The servers have all been great with whom to talk, and the food is always good. Stuff meatballs appetizer is what I keep coming back for! Thank you for coming to little Glen Ellen!Special Features: