Avanzare Italian Dining
1908 S Glenstone Ave
Springfield, MO 65804Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Avanzare Italian Dining
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.avanzareitaliandining.com/
- Phone: 4175673463x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Italian
- Executive Chef: Juan Antonio Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private seating for up to 25 with selective menus.
- Private Party Contact: Avanzare 4175673463x
- Entertainment: You can experience the chefs at Avanzare prepare your food, in our open kitchen. Enjoy the smells and sounds of your dish being prepared right in front of you.
A word from Avanzare Italian Dining
Avanzare offers an elegant atmosphere which rivals the best fine dining in Springfield. Missouri. Since its opening in 2002, Avanzare has earned a reputation for great food, service, and atmosphere. Chef/owner Tony Garcia provides guests with the freshest and highest quality food in Springfield.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Avanzare Italian Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
- Never Any DoubtOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The Food and Service is and always has been a guaranteed wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Never" is the key word...WadeDined on 3/15/2014Never bad service...Never bad food...Never bad wine...Never bad experience. Definitely one of my favorite places to eat when in Springfield and one that I highly recommend to locals or visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brilliant ownerGodfrey54Dined on 3/14/2014Our dinner was a birthday party for a 50th. The food was great, the service good, and the whole meal time wonderful. What took it to excellence was when we brought up that it was my buddy's 50th, Tony came over with drinks and started singing with the table. .. And the tables all around us. It was great to have such an engaged owner. It was obvious that he really enjoyed serving people and wanted them happy. It's our new favorite dinner in Springfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time VisitorArbeeDined on 1/18/2014This was our first time at the restaurant, which we picked as a result of previous reviews on Open Table. We were certainly not disappointed. We had a reservation for 5 and although the restaurant was very busy, we were seated at the appointed time. The service and food were both excellent and we would certainly return in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Share SpringfieldExperienceSGFDDined on 1/9/2014When we have guests in from out of town, Avanzarre is a go-to for us. Specials are always delightful, portions are generous (so we can sample each other's choices, and the steaks are the best we've ever had. Oddly, service is often better on a weekend. A great place to share with special friends!Special Features:
- OutstandingSibeezDined on 1/4/2014Avanzare is one of two Springfield restaurant's we use to treat our Self. Food is ALWAYS amazing, the service is attentive while not annoying. We use Avanzare for gathering's and regardless if it is a party of two or a party of 15, the food and service is consistently great. I am an insulin-dependent diabetic and restrict my carbohydrate intake. Avanzare's always accommodates my dietary limitations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Took my girlfriend here for a nice New Years Eve dinner, and it did not disappoint! The food was excellent and the service was as good. I would definitely recommend Avanzare to anyone looking for a good date spot in Springfield. I had the blue Marlin, which was one of the specials, and it was one of the best meals I have ever had. It is a little noisy, but not so bad that you cannot hold a conversation. I would DEFINITELY recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, but extremely busyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013We made 7:00 reservations for our anniversary dinner, which also was New Year's Eve. When we arrived, the place was completely full, extremely loud and we were informed that though we had a reservation, there would still be a 20 minute wait time. However, once seated, we had a great time. The food and wine were amazing. I would definitely recommend it for a special occasion that is unique to you and not a big holiday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Years EveDavidMDined on 12/31/2013It was packed. We had to wait 15 minutes after our reservation time for our table to be ready. Two glasses of house wine were $15. Food was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique food, outstanding serviceJerryDined on 11/16/2013I was with a group from Memphis and we were looking for something non-chainy and different in a town that seems to dominated by chain restaurants. We found Avanzare via a web search and I have to say we were very impressed, (and my group is hard to impress:) Our waiter, Will, did an excellent job of going over the various specials and other menu items and was also super friendly. We will definitely go back the next time we are in Springfield.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service & FoodloveZucchiniDined on 11/11/2013Always predictably wonderful food The waitress was excellent and upbeat and very helpful great personality took pics of family for my parents 67 anniversary She was the best!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastico!!SuziDined on 10/26/2013I heartily recommend Avanzare. The service is very professional and the food was amazing. I had a Swordfish entree that was wonderful Perfectly cooked and seasoned. i am a retired Chef and enjoy eating excellent food. I am never disappointed. Kudos in all aspects!Special Features:
- The food is usually very good,FoodieDined on 9/30/2013The food is usually very good, but this time my wife's fish was not quite done and she had to send it back. Our out of town friends greatly enjoyed theirs'. Unfortunately, the noise level makes it difficult to carry on a conversation. Avanzare is still one of our favorite places, and we shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place!!dinerddVIPDined on 9/29/2013Went here with a group of 14 primarily because it would take a reservation for a group that size. The reviews were quite good and we were certainly not disappointed. We were given their private room. Service was fine and food was stunningly good. We asked to compliment the chef and he joined us. The desserts were truly beautiful. Took a picture but not sure how to post it. Took home leftovers which were just as good the next day. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- We had two chickwn dishessam23mDined on 9/28/2013We had two chickwn dishes and a rack of lamb at our table. All were very good. Portions were sizeable. Service was attentive and not overwhelming. A little bit expensive for what you get but food was good so worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseBoatplotVIPDined on 9/26/2013Located in a strip center, I was leery about my reservation but it was a great place. 11 of us ate there and everyone enjoyed their meals. I would definitely go again when I'm in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very romanticJohnDined on 9/25/2013I took my girlfriend in to celebrate a new job. The service was great! The wine list is impeccable and the filet just melted in my mouth. Top rated, you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary nightsireatsalotDined on 9/20/2013I took my wife out for a great dinner. I had made reservations online and made the comment it was our anniversary. We were greeted with great well wishes for our occasion, and it wasn't over the top which was perfect. The food was the best we had tasted in the area, and the service was magnificent. She would refill our drinks, sometimes without us even realizing. It was nice to have the service without the interruptions. 10/10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I am from Kansas City andLuv2eatDined on 7/29/2013I am from Kansas City and discovered this little gem of a restaurant 2 months ago! The food is amazing and creative, the service and staff is second to none and I will go back every time I am in the Springfield area.Special Features:
- The food was excellent andGRedbeardDined on 7/13/2013The food was excellent and the service was unobtrusive. Great experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleased as usualMikeDined on 7/6/2013This is our favorite place to eat. The lighting is perfect for relaxing and the mood is comforting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- college reunioncindersamDined on 6/29/2013The restaurant was recommended by one of my college friends for our mini-reunion - Reservation of 12. Although it has more intimate seating, it was able to accomodate our large party and we had a great time! The food was fantastic! We will definitely go back when we visit Springfield again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent! ServiceSpringfieldDined on 6/24/2013Food was excellent! Service was great. Don't let the look from outside fool you. I had a Walleye special that ws to die for.Special Features:
- Using Open Table to reserveChisDined on 6/15/2013Using Open Table to reserve a table in lieu of calling is so much easier than having to do everything over the phone, especially when you "forget" to make ANY reservations in advance and with them not opening until 5 pm. Avanzare is an EXCELLENT place to eat. Very few restaurants get my steak even close to what I order, and this one was PERFECT. My wife enjoyed some of their red wine and told me to remember Avanzares for our next night out. Overall? 4.5 out of 5....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem!magsterDined on 6/13/2013We found Avanzare through Trip Advisor and are glad we did! We were passing through Springfield on our way to LA and wanted a good meal. Avanzare was perfect. It's in an out of the way place, but the inside decor was beautiful. Chef Tony does a great job in creating interesting Italian dishes with fresh and flavorful ingredients. The pork chop special was perfectly done with lightly grilled vegetables and risotto. The pasta is all freshly made and the pasta sauces are delicious. I would highly recommend Avanzare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, Service & atmosphereantoniom1Dined on 6/12/2013Very relaxing, the service was excellent from being greeted at the door to meeting the cook. The food was superb. Their specials made it difficult to choose as they all were great. The dinner was unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dateBigeatersDined on 5/24/2013Food was great. Very authentic. Service was fast and waiter was courteous and made sure we had everything we needed. Waiter was knowledge about the menu and the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All of the food was good,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/16/2013All of the food was good, but the oysters Rockefeller were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice Cool Experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Except for the Private Dining Room being a little on the cool side, it was a definite fine dining experience. Awesome staff and the ambiance was much better than you would expect for the locale (strip mall). The Calamari was an excellent appetizer and both my wife and I loved the dishes we were served in perfect timing.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/31/2013We have eaten here many times and it is always wonderful! Great Italian and seafood dishes.Special Features:
- it is a must for great Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013I have been there several times in the past the food is always great as is the service and personal attention. thank you so muchSpecial Features:
- Avanzare never fails to impress.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Avanzare never fails to impress. The regular menu AND the specials offer a memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- Excellent food! It is expensive,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/10/2013Excellent food! It is expensive, but the service and taste make it worth every penny. We will go back, but will reserve visits for special occasions.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013The food was good as always. They wouldn't make my son his lobster ravioli like they always do. The place was so noisy that we all had a headache before we got our food which took forever. It was the worst experience I have ever had there. Noisy, slow food and service.
- Love AvanzareOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/6/2013Avanzare's was excellent. The wine list is very nice and nicely arranged with a great selection of wines under $30. The lasagna is the best in town. They make their own sausage and noodles for the lasagna. It has a little spicyness which is really nice and it just melts in your mouth.Special Features:
- Fabulous food! The pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Fabulous food! The prices are a little high, but it is worth every penny!Special Features:
- As always, the food is great.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013As always, the food is great. Everything homemade - It's our little neighborhood gem.
- wow what an exsperiance, greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013wow what an exsperiance, great food awesome staff priceing is affordable, if your looking for a night out with your sweet heart this is the placeSpecial Features:
- Ambiance & Excellent Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The food was excellent as always. Our waiter was exceptional. He did not hover or interrupt conversation. Yet, we were served wonderfully which can be a challenge on Valentine's Day. We were given a nice, secluded booth which added to the ambiance.Special Features:
- Having lived in Italy forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Having lived in Italy for several years I am always looking for authentic Italian dining. Although I prefer southern Italian (Napoli) to northern I love it all. Avanzare's is a unique and very pleasurable dining experience.Special Features: