2720 McKinney Ave
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.avantirestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2148714955x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mario Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout
- Entertainment: Nightly Live Music
Sunday thru Wednesday 7:00pm-10:00pm
Thursdays & Fridays 8:00pm-11:00pm
A word from Avanti Ristorante
A neighborhood restaurant for over 21 years. Casual and candle light dining with live music nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Avanti Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Avanti Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)romantic (39)special occasion (27)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (16)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (10)good for groups (9)great for lunch (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Neighborhood GemDickVIPDined on 10/17/2014In a neighborhood that has a lot of options to choose from this restaurant stands outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- littlethangDined on 10/8/2014Nice atmosphere--guitarist was great and not too loud. The food is excellent!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMaxwellhouseDined on 10/1/2014It has been years since the last time i visited Avanti but it still has a charm about it that is undeniably sweet! The Aragula salad is one of the best i have ever had. There were two larger groups there which actually made the small place quite loud. My husband and I had a bit of a hard time communicating without shouting at each other! Otherwise always a great place to eat.Special Features:
- Incredibly food, romantic settingtxgrlamnDined on 9/30/2014The food is amazing and is only outdone by the incredibly attentive service. This small spot is wonderful for date nights, which they have a special "dinner for two" menu for on specific nights.Special Features:
- Disappointinglike2eatDined on 9/27/2014Visiting Dallas from California, and we were looking for good, authentic Italian food. My husband had the veal Marsala special and I had pasta. The "special' had clearly been precooked and warmed before serving. There wasn't even a hint of Marsala in the gravy which could have been Knorr Brown Gravy mix! The mushrooms were overcooked and the gray colored, hard-to-cut veal was stacked atop mashed potatoes! While hating to give a scathing review to any restaurant, this was simply not a good meal. The calamari and arugula starters were good. The waiter was good and attentive until he asked how we liked our meal, then we were toxic. We paid with tip and left, never to return.
- Solid but not greatParkCitiesFoodieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Avanti has the look and feel of a very good Italian restaurant, but the food is only average. I had the linguine with clams and mussels. The shellfish were overcooked and the linguine sauce had minimal taste. The wine list was good with US, Italian and French selections. I may come back, but it will not be my go-to-Italian place.Special Features:
- Nice EveningJohnJDined on 9/24/2014Pretty good evening. We ate on the patio which was great. Service was fantastic and friendly. Can't say enough about the service. We liked the atmosphere and the live music fit the décor. Calamari was exceptional. Salads (beet and caprese) were both very good. Bread was average. Lobster ravioli was average/bland. Didn't really care for the Fettuccini Avanti, as I was expecting a cream sauce vs. meat gravy. It wasn't bad, just not what I expected, but that was on me. Nice old world Italian wine by glass. Fabulous tiramisu.Special Features:
- Great solid Italian placebtlaw81Dined on 9/20/2014This was my second time here and I am always very pleased. The weather was nice so my group sat on the outdoor patio.Special Features:
- GmanVIPDined on 9/17/2014Always a great dining experience. A perfect place for a business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliably goodAcceptableVIPDined on 9/15/2014The food, service and atmosphere are always exceptionalSpecial Features:
- FredVIPDined on 9/12/2014Great spot in Uptown. Amin and Candy always dining here a special experience.Special Features:
- Always a great meal!BarbaraDined on 9/7/2014This is a wonderful restaurant when traveling to Dallas for business. Enjoy bringing customers and business associates to dine at Avanti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long time Neighborhood GemBusterVIPDined on 9/5/2014Since moving to this part of town last year Avanti has been on my radar. Several meals here; all excellent. Nice mix of Italian; both in pasta and entree features. Excellent seafood and steaks. Pleasant staff. PLEASE WATCH YOUR OPENTABLE RESERVATIONS AND POINTS ! This visit I booked at 6pm as I wanted the 1000 point bonus. I checked in, mentioned the OT reservation and all was fine. I got home to find email saying Avanti canceled my 6 pm reservation. I called restaurant and they apologized; they said to REBOOK the res and I would get credit. By now it was 8pm - I rebooked it and they gave me credit. But only the 100 NOT the 6pm special 1000 point. I contacted OT and faxed them my charge card receipt; they credited my account.Special Features:
- BoatmanDined on 9/5/2014We love avanti, we eat there everytime we come to Dallas . The good is always very good . We split the Greek salad it is large. Little noisy but that's part of the charmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 9/4/2014Always good food and good service. Encountered different host this evening and different waiter so service was not a excellent as usual. I haven't received my usual online request from Open Table to rate them, so am doing it on my own. Please check to make sure I get my dining points.Special Features:
- Very Good Neighborhood RestaurantRickVIPDined on 8/30/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the garlic bread, the calamari, the ravioli, and the creme brûlée for dessert. Service was outstanding and the musicians on Saturday night were a real treat!Special Features:
- Wonderful as always!RocladyVIPDined on 8/25/2014It was just the two of us this time...romantic, great music, superb wine, not to mention the food, and we were treated like royalty. Ended up late at the bar after dinner having nightcaps with new acquaintances. Couldn't be better and can't say enough good things about our new favorite place to unwind and relax. Run...don't walk to try them out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood gemsag1Dined on 8/20/2014You can get reliably good but not great food here. It's an old quaint restaurant that has been around for eons, and the fact that it is still in business is a testament to the restaurant. You can get standard Italian/American pasta fare. The Ceaser salad is very good. A little known secret is the crab cake as an appetizer or main. They are some of the best in town, with lump crab and no filler. Big portions and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Great little gemLmccuistDined on 8/10/2014Most people don't even realize it's here. Fantastic food, great wine/liquor list, valet parking and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reacquainted with AvantiiCfoodVIPDined on 8/9/2014We hadn't been to Avanti for several years and we were pleasantly surprised as we became reacquainted with the menu. The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. The Atlantic Salmon was very fresh and grilled to perfection. The Tournedos Avanti looked exquisite and I was told that it was very tasty. The stuffed shrimp special also looked tempting. The place is small so book well in advance as it is still very popular. We were there at 6PM on a Saturday and it was nearly full by 6:15PM with people waiting at the bar.Special Features:
- It has been too longBruceTexasVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our first visit to Avanti in over 15 years. We had an excellent evening. Oscar did an excellent job serving us and we will be back before another 15years is up. A great find off McKinney and near Love Field. The live music on Thursday evening was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Way to CelebrategsolsenDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I visited Avanti's to celebrate our 18th anniversary. Our server, Oscar, was very attentive yet not bothersome. We enjoyed our romantic dinner and they even gave us a complimentary dessert in celebration. The food was fantastic, as was the atmosphere. We will most definitely be returning to Avanti's frequently.Special Features:
- first timeJasonDined on 8/2/2014our first time at Avanti was enjoyable. we went for a nice date night and were pleased with the food and service. we would definitely make a return visit sometime.Special Features:
- Great new findLisaDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I like to try new places and decided to try Avanti. What a great choice! The atmosphere was lively, but still able to talk and enjoy our meal without screaming. The service was prompt and attentive and the food was excellent. My husband and I shared a meal and it was more than enough for both of us. Definitely will go back again.Special Features:
- good food...good ambienceluvItalianDined on 7/27/2014We had the crab & shrimp ravioli and the lasagna and both were delicious. The only thing we didn't like was we felt like we were being rushed. ...was on a date night with my wife and we were not in a hurry ,that's why we didn't like it. they try to get us out of the restaurant as quickly as they can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodeatsVIPDined on 7/24/2014Outstanding experience. Service was amazing. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Avantimadison439Dined on 7/18/2014Overall the dining experience at Avanti was good. However I did not walk away with the "wow" impression. It took 20 minutes to get my first drink ordered and service was slow for most of the dinner. We had the lobster and crab raviloli and the tornados. Both were good dishes but they average at best. Wine selection was excellent but overall the price for evening did not justify the total cost of the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMortgagemasterVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had a wonderful time at Avanti. The food was excellent and more importantly, we had the best service ever! Candi is a fantastic wait person who truly enjoys what she does and cares for her clients needs. We have added Avanti to our "short list" of regular dining choices and look forward to visiting often.Special Features:
- Great Find.Ghost61982Dined on 7/13/2014Initially planned a visit to another restaurant but it was booked so we selected Avanti Ristorante as an alternate, it has now been placed in our Top 5 list. Great food and atmosphere, will be returning!Special Features:
- FredVIPDined on 7/12/2014Always an enjoyable experience. Amin, Candy, and the entire staff make this a special place.Special Features:
- Consistantly good food and service!BillDined on 6/26/2014I always enjoy going to Avanti. Their food is excellent and they have a good wait staff. It's hard to find restaurants that are consistant and Avanti certainly is consistantly good. Most restaurants fluxuate, but I've never had a bad experience at Avanti. They care about their customers and attend to their needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 168 reviews are from the Avanti Ristorante reviews archive.
- Always better than averageBigtravelerVIPDined on 6/18/2014It is solid - never disappoints. A bit crowded and noisy but the food and drinks were great. A bit rushed - you do need to space the staff out by not ordering dinner until after the apps are done or you will be eating non stop and out the door in 60 minutes or less.Special Features:
- Daily Special - too SaltyInsuranceGuyDined on 6/18/2014Stuffed Salmon - with crab meat, was over cooked & too salty, not sure if it was pre made (frozen) or made that day... Over all good lunch, service excellent - I'll try another dish off the regular menu.
- Great Italian placedavidwyrick85VIPDined on 6/12/2014Every time time I come up here I always have a good time, service an food, see you guys soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HollyDined on 6/8/2014The food was very good, but the service was slow. They were not attentive to when drinks needed to be refilled, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian place in Dallasdavidwyrick85VIPDined on 6/2/2014The food is always great, service is good and waiters always remember you and makes feel like regular. Great Italian place in DallasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable food and serviceRocladyVIPDined on 5/26/2014Our second visit, for six, on Monday night. Felt comfortable from the first moment and the meal was varied and delicious. Live guitar reminiscent of flamenco. Wonderful service. No rushing but ever present.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menu, good serviceVolfanforlifeDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. The restaurant treated us well and all the meals were great portion sizes and delicious! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and service!rkh3VIPDined on 5/22/2014My wife and I absolutely love this place! Great ceviche, crab cakes, tartare, gnocchi, mussels, crab fingers, and everything else. Service is always fantastic and very personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/17/2014Overall not bad but for the prices you would think it would be much better.