2720 McKinney Ave
Dallas, TX 75204Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.avantirestaurants.com/
- Phone: 2148714955
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 3:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Mario Sanchez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Entertainment: Nightly Live Music
Sunday thru Wednesday 7:00pm-10:00pm
Thursdays & Fridays 8:00pm-11:00pm
A word from Avanti Ristorante
A neighborhood restaurant for over 21 years. Casual and candle light dining with live music nightly.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Avanti Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Avanti Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (44)neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (35)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (19)late-night find (14)hot spot (10)great for lunch (6)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice neighborhood gemsag1Dined on 8/20/2014You can get reliably good but not great food here. It's an old quaint restaurant that has been around for eons, and the fact that it is still in business is a testament to the restaurant. You can get standard Italian/American pasta fare. The Ceaser salad is very good. A little known secret is the crab cake as an appetizer or main. They are some of the best in town, with lump crab and no filler. Big portions and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Great little gemLmccuistDined on 8/10/2014Most people don't even realize it's here. Fantastic food, great wine/liquor list, valet parking and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reacquainted with AvantiiCfoodVIPDined on 8/9/2014We hadn't been to Avanti for several years and we were pleasantly surprised as we became reacquainted with the menu. The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. The Atlantic Salmon was very fresh and grilled to perfection. The Tournedos Avanti looked exquisite and I was told that it was very tasty. The stuffed shrimp special also looked tempting. The place is small so book well in advance as it is still very popular. We were there at 6PM on a Saturday and it was nearly full by 6:15PM with people waiting at the bar.Special Features:
- It has been too longBruceTexasVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our first visit to Avanti in over 15 years. We had an excellent evening. Oscar did an excellent job serving us and we will be back before another 15years is up. A great find off McKinney and near Love Field. The live music on Thursday evening was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Way to CelebrategsolsenDined on 8/3/2014My wife and I visited Avanti's to celebrate our 18th anniversary. Our server, Oscar, was very attentive yet not bothersome. We enjoyed our romantic dinner and they even gave us a complimentary dessert in celebration. The food was fantastic, as was the atmosphere. We will most definitely be returning to Avanti's frequently.Special Features:
- first timeJasonDined on 8/2/2014our first time at Avanti was enjoyable. we went for a nice date night and were pleased with the food and service. we would definitely make a return visit sometime.Special Features:
- Great new findLisaDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I like to try new places and decided to try Avanti. What a great choice! The atmosphere was lively, but still able to talk and enjoy our meal without screaming. The service was prompt and attentive and the food was excellent. My husband and I shared a meal and it was more than enough for both of us. Definitely will go back again.Special Features:
- good food...good ambienceluvItalianDined on 7/27/2014We had the crab & shrimp ravioli and the lasagna and both were delicious. The only thing we didn't like was we felt like we were being rushed. ...was on a date night with my wife and we were not in a hurry ,that's why we didn't like it. they try to get us out of the restaurant as quickly as they can.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodeatsVIPDined on 7/24/2014Outstanding experience. Service was amazing. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Avantimadison439Dined on 7/18/2014Overall the dining experience at Avanti was good. However I did not walk away with the "wow" impression. It took 20 minutes to get my first drink ordered and service was slow for most of the dinner. We had the lobster and crab raviloli and the tornados. Both were good dishes but they average at best. Wine selection was excellent but overall the price for evening did not justify the total cost of the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMortgagemasterVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had a wonderful time at Avanti. The food was excellent and more importantly, we had the best service ever! Candi is a fantastic wait person who truly enjoys what she does and cares for her clients needs. We have added Avanti to our "short list" of regular dining choices and look forward to visiting often.Special Features:
- Great Find.Ghost61982Dined on 7/13/2014Initially planned a visit to another restaurant but it was booked so we selected Avanti Ristorante as an alternate, it has now been placed in our Top 5 list. Great food and atmosphere, will be returning!Special Features:
- FredVIPDined on 7/12/2014Always an enjoyable experience. Amin, Candy, and the entire staff make this a special place.Special Features:
- Consistantly good food and service!BillDined on 6/26/2014I always enjoy going to Avanti. Their food is excellent and they have a good wait staff. It's hard to find restaurants that are consistant and Avanti certainly is consistantly good. Most restaurants fluxuate, but I've never had a bad experience at Avanti. They care about their customers and attend to their needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always better than averageBigtravelerVIPDined on 6/18/2014It is solid - never disappoints. A bit crowded and noisy but the food and drinks were great. A bit rushed - you do need to space the staff out by not ordering dinner until after the apps are done or you will be eating non stop and out the door in 60 minutes or less.Special Features:
- Daily Special - too SaltyInsuranceGuyDined on 6/18/2014Stuffed Salmon - with crab meat, was over cooked & too salty, not sure if it was pre made (frozen) or made that day... Over all good lunch, service excellent - I'll try another dish off the regular menu.
- Great Italian placedavidwyrick85VIPDined on 6/12/2014Every time time I come up here I always have a good time, service an food, see you guys soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HollyDined on 6/8/2014The food was very good, but the service was slow. They were not attentive to when drinks needed to be refilled, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian place in Dallasdavidwyrick85VIPDined on 6/2/2014The food is always great, service is good and waiters always remember you and makes feel like regular. Great Italian place in DallasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable food and serviceRocladyVIPDined on 5/26/2014Our second visit, for six, on Monday night. Felt comfortable from the first moment and the meal was varied and delicious. Live guitar reminiscent of flamenco. Wonderful service. No rushing but ever present.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice menu, good serviceVolfanforlifeDined on 5/24/2014My wife and I went for our anniversary. The restaurant treated us well and all the meals were great portion sizes and delicious! We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and service!rkh3VIPDined on 5/22/2014My wife and I absolutely love this place! Great ceviche, crab cakes, tartare, gnocchi, mussels, crab fingers, and everything else. Service is always fantastic and very personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/17/2014Overall not bad but for the prices you would think it would be much better.
- Dallas visitorgratefulDined on 5/17/2014Both the food and the service at this restaurant were excellent. The outside seating provided a quieter option on a busy Saturday. Our waitress Candy was not only gracious in her service of the table but lots of fun as well. We had a gluten free guest with us who was directed to items he could eat. My husband thought the crab cakes were some of the best he had ever eaten and all of us were pleased with our meals. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Poor food qualityfoodieDined on 5/17/2014the bread they served looked & tasted like they were store-bought stale bread for making sandwiches. One of us ordered rack of lamb medium rare but got it medium well done instead. Only the stead was ok; the other 3 dishes were all very disappointing. Would never go back.
- Avanti RisorantiksroaDined on 5/16/2014We love eating at this restaurant on McKinney when we come to Dallas for the symphony concerts. It's close to the Arts District, and we can have a nice dinner, before attending the concert.Special Features:
- Great food, fun place!tksmdDined on 5/15/2014Brought a small group to this place as I was told that it was as good as Italian food gets in Dallas. The food didn't disappoint, everything from the gnocchi, to the caesar salad, to the osso bucco special were first rate. They didn't seem to have enough servers for when it got busy. The guitar player was a nice subtle touch.Special Features:
- Great service - poor foodLNMtravelDined on 5/15/2014Our wait staff was lovely unfortunately the food was not. The steamed mussels were adaquete the beef carpaccio was over powered by a giant glob of mustard. The osso bucco was bland and frankly tasteless. And their dessert offering of creme brûlée was pathetic, in fact it was not a true creme brûlée it was badly made vanilla pastry cream, done with flour to thicken it and therefore it was very grainy and thick.
- Great placeElberVIPDined on 5/9/2014We go to Avanti every 2 months and the food is fantastics!Special Features:
- great servicedavidwyrick85VIPDined on 5/5/2014Food is great as always, waiter was nice and knowledgeable about menu and wine. Outdoor patio is the best. Thank you and I will return soon.Special Features:
- Food Good Drinks not so much.sailaway459Dined on 5/3/2014The restaurant has a cozy feel and we liked that. The food was good and service was excellent. The only complaint unfortunately was the first impression, which was our ordered drinks to start the night. I like martini's and always have one when I dine out. Pretty hard to mess up a martini, but I was served one that must have had the bartenders "special touch". Not sure what it was, but it was not what I get served 99.9% of the time. Both my date and I agreed it did not taste like a martini. They offer only two Chardonnay's by the glass. Both of which are very light and fruity. We discussed this with our server and even the bottles they offered beyond the Cakebread ($90) offered no deep buttery favor. Need to rethink their wine offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 151 reviews are from the Avanti Ristorante reviews archive.
- My New Favorite Place!BabsVIPDined on 4/27/2014The restaurant is cozy, classy with charisma! The service was excellent, the meal was delicious with 5 star presentation giving it a delicious appeal, and the ambience is wonderful. as well. A bonus would be to attend while the acoustic guitar entertainer is playing; his music and style takes you to a relaxing but energetic atmosphere. I am making this a regular spot from now on! I chose this location to celebrate my husbands birthday and he was very pleased! Yea - points for me!Special Features:
- Perfect for lunchDebraVIPDined on 4/18/2014Nice quiet place for lunch. Beautiful outdoor patio, great food & amazing service. Thank you for the wonderful experience! It is a perfect place to meet the love of your life for lunch, or to work through a business deal.Special Features:
- Date NightDateNiteDined on 4/5/2014Never been to Avanti was trying a new location from open table and I'm so glad myself and husband concluded our date night at Avanti....The food was very good especially the garlic loaf. We will return in the near future to try some other items that caught our eye!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth many more visitsBusterVIPDined on 4/4/2014Excellent service, big, strong drinks and moderately priced well prepared food. bone in veal chop was wonderful. Valet parking makes this part of McKinney Ave. possible. Pleasant staff and varied menu items.Special Features:
- TitleOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/28/2014The food was outstanding, the service was friendly and accommodating. The live music was fairly underwhelming.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/26/2014My wife and I frequent this restaurant. We have never had a bad experience. The service is excellent and the food is exceptional. You have to try this restaurant and experience it for yourself. We will continue to be a regular customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite spotRocladyVIPDined on 3/23/2014Our first visit...couldn't have been better. Smallish and classy...white tablecloths but not intimidating nor too formal. We sat on the enclosed verandah to feel a part of the city, but the interior tables are dark and cozy. The service was very professional, attentive but not intrusive...exactly the way we like it. The lamb chops were to die for and the wine superb. Live music made it even more enjoyable. Next time we might spend time at the cozy bar that looked so inviting. We plan to make it a regular haunt.Special Features:
- Good but not GreatKentroVIPDined on 3/22/2014Food was good and staff was attentive but with so many choices out there today I would say this rates a solid " Good ". If i lived in the area and could drive to this restaurant easily i would go back but since we live in the suburbs and have to drive at least 30 minutes to get there this restaurant does not get on our radar screen again.Special Features:
- Ambience, food and servicekimberlyDined on 3/9/2014Ambience, food and service were Great! Can't wait to return with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.