Avalon Links Restaurant
1510 Rt. 9 North
Avalon, NJ 08210Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Avalon Links Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.avalonlinks.net/
- Phone: 6094658086
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 1:30pm;
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: CLOSED,
Wednesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 8:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Philip Barber
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering options are available.Please contact the banquet office at 609-465-8086 or by email at email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Ashtin Reeves 6094658086
- Entertainment: Wednesday nights live duos, Thursday Dan Marrow duo, Friday Jim Bannach and Saturday Bob D'Amore piano
- Special Events: We offer many special events throughout the year including wine dinners, holiday buffets, and special occasion dinners
A word from Avalon Links Restaurant
American cuisine specializing in fresh seafood, steaks,chicken and pasta dishes, homemade desserts and a light fare menu including homemade pizza Full bar with entertainment most nightsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Avalon Links Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Avalon ›
Avalon Links Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (12)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (9)great for lunch (7)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Birthday DinnerPookieDined on 8/26/2014We chose the Avalon Country Club for a 75th Birthday dinner. From start to finish, it was first class. Our server was excellent -very attentive to our table, offered suggestions, and explained the specials. The meal was outstanding, delicious and expertly presented. The home made cheesecake for dessert was perfect. All in all, a great experience.Special Features:
- Great place for dinnerNSF821Dined on 8/23/2014Service and food are always great and the view is very nice. We were there on a Saturday night and loved the piano player too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great Early Bird! Very nice selection and the $15 bottle of local wine is well worth it. Along with live entertainment it's hard to beat. Take the folks when they're in town and enjoy a very nice meal.Special Features:
- The linkFromavalonDined on 8/21/2014The Link is our favorite place to eat. If you can get there early, they have great early bird specials. They are kids friendly, have good food, and live music on some nights. Would recommend to all.Special Features:
- jacthegolferOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Had dinner with friends. Reservations were not quite ready and the table needed to be set while we waited. Dinner was very good and the service was excellent. Generous cocktails. Moderately price and would recommended to othersSpecial Features:
- Always fun!AnniVIPDined on 8/8/2014this is a great restaurant with very good service and good food. Very fun bar scene!!Special Features:
- Booth please?MGAvalonVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was our second visit to the restaurant. We made a reservation for four people through Open Table. We arrived on time and the restaurant was about 3/4 full. When we arrived, we requested a booth and were told that there were none available although there were two clean, unoccupied booths. We were taken to the table directly outside the kitchen where there was a lot of hustle and bustle. At one point, a waiter banged into my chair, startling me. As our meal progressed, we were very disappointed to observe that 2-3 booths remained unoccupied the entire time we were there. Don't understand why our request was refused, but that along with the unpleasant place we were seated put a damper on the evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014Avalon Links Restaurant is a can't miss choice for either lunch or dinner. There were three of us tonight who each enjoyed a different entrée. All were above average. The clams casino soup is different and delicious! I chose a side of baby spinach leaves with warm bacon dressing -- outstanding. Service was top notch and the entertainment added to great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Shore PlaceAndorraGirlDined on 7/11/2014We love going to Avalon Links when we get to the shore for a quick dinner. The service is great and the happy hour specials are terrific.Special Features:
- They were overwhelmedjjjjDined on 7/2/2014The service was awful, not enough servers for the amount of diners. Long waits and when the food came it was not well prepared.
- Dinner on vacationTimeout98765Dined on 6/29/2014There were 11 of us so getting good service and good food doesn't always happen. Food and service were awesome however the atmosphere definitely needs to be updated. If they did that it would be 5 stars! I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDebbieVIPDined on 6/20/2014The restaurant itself was very dated. The entertainment was loud but he was entertaining. Our waitress was very nice and very good. It was the food that was just not very good. There were 7 of us and none of us liked our meals. I don't understand all the other rave reviews about the food. It wasn't fresh, it was all just kind of blah. Service was great, I think the place needs a remodel and something needs to be worked on in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Nice Evening with friendsGinaDined on 6/14/2014Food was great - scallops "house special" was excellent - everyone enjoyed their dinner. Waiter was somewhat confused by our drink orders and entrees and never refilled water etc. - perhaps he was new or in charge of too many tables. Atmosphere is a bit dated - even for a golf course. Needs a facelift - but I'd return for the food. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Saturday lunchMarieDined on 6/7/2014A group of ladies met at the Links for lunch. Everyone was very satisfied with their selection. Some first time there but they will definitely return. So will we.Special Features:
- Waiting long time to visit.luv2trynewplacesDined on 6/5/2014We have been coming to this area for 24 yrs and finally made it to Avalon Links for lunch. Great experience and will return before another 24 yrs. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- chasnanVIPDined on 6/3/2014This restaurant is very good food is always great would recommend it in a heart beatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FromavalonDined on 5/25/2014Clams Casino soup is excellent. We had the Surf and Turf. The Filet was excellet. The Lobster Tail was too bland, not much taste.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/23/2014Just a great place for dinner or lunch. Friendly staff, good good, and an pleasant surroundings. It is one of the best values for the money on the Sputh Jersey shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Avalon Links Restaurant reviews archive.
- linksluv2wineVIPDined on 5/16/2014Great seafood pot pie. Was very loud but what do you expect 9 pm on a Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBeecarDined on 5/11/2014We have been to the Avalon Links on several occasions, and enjoyed each and everytime we go. The food is great and service is even better.Special Features:
- wlang1950Dined on 4/20/2014Great time. Everything was wonderful. Food was well prepared and presented nicely.Special Features:
- Easter Brunch with lots of choicesReggieVIPDined on 4/20/2014Took the family here for the 1pm "dinner" seating. While there was a small wait, the food was delicious and everyone was happy with the buffet. Crab balls, filet mignon, sliced ham, seafood cioppino, shrimp cocktail and all the accompaniments.Special Features:
- always charmingjmcmchDined on 4/20/2014I have been here numerous times and they always put on nice meal, attractive and yummy. Love being able to see golf course outside, room bright and sunny. Great staff.Special Features:
- great for adult couples thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014great for adult couples that want a really pleasant night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014We love coming here on Sat nights. Cozy and we like the piano music. Seafood is great! Also love the bread!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DiningCharVIPDined on 3/12/2014This was the first time I have been to Links. For some reason, it was a quiet night as far as business. I had their Ahi Tuna and it was done perfectly. The service was friendly. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun for usschoolfriendsDined on 2/28/2014Once every few months we get together as a group for dinner. We try different places to spice it up. Each place we have tried, we were satisfied. But I cannot begin to tell you how many of us in our group were passing comments on how happy we were. The atmosphere was perfect. Warm & cozy feeling. Service was great. Music was terrific, with a variety to accommodate the taste of many. The food melted in your mouth. I recommend the bananasplitini drink. Overall we had a wonderful experience and enjoyed ourselves immensely. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Meal off seasonMartyDined on 2/1/2014Food was great, the place had a nice size crowd, service was wonderful, and most importantly we took our time, never felt rushed. We all enjoyed our meals although I had the blackened scallops and they were cooked perfectly and the portion was just the right size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!sereneDined on 2/1/2014We were seated on the porch and really enjoyed the quiet atmosphere there. Our party of 4 enjoyed our dinners (each had something different). I personally had the flounder special and it was excellent. Avalon Links is local for us and we frequent it often. However, do not like the bar area when the DJ is there. It is way toooooooo loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissappointed...weeklydiner67Dined on 1/18/2014Service was good but food was at best very average. Stuffed shrimp was so salty my wife had to send it back (to their credit they had no problem offering a substitute). My salmon was satisfactory, but nothing special. Small details were lacking...for instance a snow shovel was left laying on the ground nearly blocking the front door when we arrived (no snow to be found). Also a large chunk of the wall was missing where the dining table we sat at meets the wall (something you would expect to see at a diner). If we are down this way again we may give the place another shot to see if they just had an off night, but I would not guarantee it given the abundance of choices in Cape May.
- Fridayluv2wineVIPDined on 1/17/2014Stopped in late Friday night and had awesome dinner. Quality continues to be consistent...this makes our 3rd time, and will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good I wouldchasnanVIPDined on 12/20/2013Food was very good I would recommend this restaurant very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is so good and thekitkatDined on 12/16/2013The food is so good and the prices are really reasonable. $3.00 for a glass of wine ? Unheard of. Service is very friendly and efficient. I love this place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experience, professionalSullynneDined on 12/14/2013The restaurant was a good, all around experience. The food was very tasty, and the menu offered nice selections, mostly a seafood restaurant with good specials. The waitress made an error in my meal selection and they offered me what was cooked instead of what I offered but when I insisted on my original selection they removed the meal from my bill for my inconvenience. When it arrived it was very good and the way the waitress and management handled the problem was appreciated and appropriate. The upper level of the restaurant was really charming with a piano bar and friendly bar scene. The lower level had a view of the water. I would enjoy dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful NightRonnaDined on 12/14/2013We went on a Saturday night with a group of 9 people. Food was great and the service was personable and professional. We attend often for lunch and are never disappointed. I have also been to a funeral as well as a wedding shower here and they were both very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early bird menu?shellDined on 12/7/2013We went for dinner Sat night.Our hostess gave us an early bird menu each.My husband ordered from the menu.We were charged full price for his entree and charged for the dessert.Our waitress explained we ordered too late.We were given these menus and ordered wine ,our waitress brought the wrong wine.So this extended the wait time past the early bird cut off.So it was not honoured. If it was my table I would have made sure my customer recieved this.. Really bad business to give people a menu and not honour it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Thanksgiving BuffetJanieVIPDined on 11/28/2013We usually cook at home on Thanksgiving but we were told the Thanksgiving Buffet at the Links was great so we thought we would give it a try. We were all pleased that the quality and choices of the food offered were so great. Nothing was dry or overcooked and there was plenty of food for all and we had chosen the last seating of the day. The variety allowed everyone to get exactly what they wanted. We will definitely be back. This was not our first visit but we are continually pleased with their food and the friendliness of all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avalonluv2wineVIPDined on 11/9/2013We have been in the area for over 10 years and never stopped to dine at the Avalon Links Restaurant. We were under the impression it was a private restaurant for members. So glad I saw the restaurant on Open Table and had high ratings. I see why, we had a wonderful time, great food, and great service from Candice. The piano player in the bar was very good! We will definetly be back.Special Features:
- We have visited before andSIBabsDined on 11/9/2013We have visited before and have always left with the same feeling, “Why don't we come more often”. The food and service were very good and the piano just adds the background needed to complete an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceAndorraGirlDined on 10/18/2013We usually run to the Avalon Links for dinner and some music when we get to the shore for the weekend. Good food, good service and good music. What more can I say?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.