6727 Roosevelt Rd
Berwyn, IL 60402Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.autremondecafe.net/
- Phone: 7087758122
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Beth Partidge & Dan Pancake
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We tailor our award winning cuisine to any style event from the most casual to your most important life moments. No event is too small or too large.
- Private Party Facilities: Seasonally our patio can be secured for a private event.
- Private Party Contact: Christine 7087758122
A word from Autre Monde
Award winning, warm neighborhood restaurant with a European wine bar feel, farm to table sourcing & representing the flavors of Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Greece and Morocco. Bar features over 70 wines, 36 available by the glass, a great craft cocktail program and tasty brews. Now open for Brunch! Sunday 10-2 PM Late kitchen for Roosevelt Road music lovers on Fri & Sat. Decor is eclectic making use of re-purposed materials and green technology wherever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Autre Monde - Best Restaurants in Berwyn ›
Autre Monde reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (106)neighborhood gem (93)great for outdoor dining (55)special occasion (41)notable wine list (36)great for brunch (32)romantic (32)good for groups (26)hot spot (20)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always amazing!McReviewDined on 9/16/2014I went with two girlfriends the other night. The service, the food and the drinks were off the chart. We may have had the last of the heirloom tomatoes and sweet corn. The tomatoes were delicious in the salad and the corn was just the right mix of crunchy, sweet and flavorful in a risotto. The sweet corn risotto was so amazing we ordered two! In addition we devoured the burrata, grilled octopus and trout. If you've never been to Autre Monde - GO. It's amazing and start with the blood orange gimlet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service and unadorned foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/14/2014A group of 5 adults and an infant met for Sunday brunch, selected based on the location and prior diners' reviews. Coffee service was prompt, but it took a very, very long time to get our food to us. The seafood frittata special had shrimp and a nice olive oil flavor. But it was garnished only with a few sprigs of Italian parsley instead of the arugula which was listed as a component of the dish. No bread or any other accompaniment was offered, though a few slices of grilled bread were brought on request. Truffled scrambled eggs were similarly lonely. Because we were there for such a long time, we needed frequent coffee refills and the servers seemed annoyed. Disappointing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014From beginning to end, autre monde is top of the line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small PlatesAngelaDined on 9/11/2014With so many small plate choices, we had a wonderful sampling and ended up skipping the large plates. Wine Recommendations were very good, as well.Special Features:
- Outstanding!mcrawford678VIPDined on 9/10/2014The service was amazing, the food was creative and amazing, and the ambiance was just great! We would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatDMoneyVIPDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed taking our friends there for their 1st anniversary. Always impressed with the food and the quality of the service. Their bartenders do amazing work with the cocktails and servers are very knowledgeable without being pushy or opinionated. Nice touch by the staff bringing out a free dessert for our friends. The restaurant asked if we were celebrating anything before we got there and made a note of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular FoodDJBonkyDined on 8/29/2014I've been very critical of my dining experiences lately. Prices have gone up across the spectrum, but food prep, quality, and service have all declined. As a result I've stopped going to "new to me" locations. I decided to roll the dice Friday night on and bam...Yatzee! Jackie was a great server. She was attentive, knowledgable, and professional. She was not the least overbearing or as is often the case I've found in restaurants like these, snooty. We selected the chefs tasting which could not have been better. The food was fresh, seasoned well, presented lovely but not cutesy. The flavored were complex and layered, but highlights like the prime rib or trout were not ruined by "too much going on." I am greatly anticipating my return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and funWylieseDined on 8/26/2014Food was excellent - while recognizable everything had a unique aspect to it that was a surprise. Fried artichokes, corn risotto, pork belly wrapped in pork shoulder, all familiar but pleasantly different and super fresh. This is small plate mediterranean food. All the plates we ordered were perfect for splitting among 4 people. The bill came to about $55 per person. We ordered 6 or 7 dishes, several cocktails each, and dessert. We were all comfortably full and pleasantly buzzed. And we left every plate totally clean. The patio is lovely and complete with a greenhouse. The husband and wife chef team source most of their produce from their own farm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit of city in the 'burbsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Have never had a less than terrific meal at Autre Monde, and the service is always equal to the food. A go to spot if you're in the western suburbs and not up for the trek downtown--every bit as good as it's West Loop counterparts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiryBlryVIPDined on 8/22/2014Outdoor patio is quiet and laid back. Great small plates to shareSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful eveningLauraDined on 8/21/2014A group of us sat outside and thoroughly enjoyed our space the service and especially the food. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Dining FavoriteMarkDined on 8/17/2014Autre Monde is a favorite of ours, but had never been there for brunch. Eating outside is what we prefer to do and even on a warm day the shade provided by trellises and greenery keeps it cool and there is often a breeze. The service is always outstanding with prompt service and personable and friendly wait staff that know how to be attentive without being intrusive. Brunch itself was also very good with a number of different options. There were four of us and we each had a different dish with a variety of flavors and rich qualities. The trouble is deciding which option to select. While excellent, we still prefer dinner at Autre Monde because of the combined ambience at night and terrific food options. Nonetheless, two thumbs up!Special Features:
- Consistently ExcellentDinerDog8Dined on 8/16/2014Autre Monde is consistently interesting and excellent with locally sourced ingredients and attentive service. The combination of small and large plates makes it easy to taste interesting seasonal creations of the Chef. The outdoor (but covered) patio in the back of the building is a welcome escape even in rainy or somewhat chilly weather. Autre Monde has become a "go to" spot -- a real gem in the western suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast FavoriteopccDined on 8/15/2014This is the second time we have dined at Autre Monde since we moved here 10 days ago. We love the unusual and delicious Mediterranean selections and the mixologist makes incredible classic and modern cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely fantastic!LeefyDined on 8/12/2014My friend and I came across Autre Monde by chance, during a Google search of restaurants in the neighborhod of Fitzgerald's in Berwyn. I have written only a few reviews in my life, but am happy to write one for this place. We shared five different small plates, each better than the last. Honestly, one of the most delicious, inventive menus I've ever seen. The drink list was excellent, and everything about this restaurant, from decor, to service, and most especially the food, were top notch. We went on a Tuesday night, so it wasn't crowded and street parking was a breeze. This place is special. Do not hesitate to try it. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secret!SandyDined on 8/10/2014We've been to Autre Monde a few times and have never been disappointed. The food is fabulous, fresh and creatively prepared. We were with a few other couples and shared several small and large plates. Everyone raved about each dish. Allie waited on us and was very attentive and knew a lot about the wine list! We were seated in the patio which provided a great place for us to be able to talk and hear each other. Highly recommend this for a special occasion, or any time where really good Mediterranean food & wine is desired.Special Features:
- Best Bacon EveropccDined on 8/10/2014Since no one in our party spoke French, deciphering the menu was tricky. We had to ask a couple of questions about the menu and the waitress answered politely, but we wished the menu had better descriptions of each item so we could fully understand the menu without monopolizing the waitress' time. We didn't have to wait long for our food and everything was served hot and perfectly cooked. My son ordered the side of bacon steak which comes in 3 extra thick slices, steak is a better description for the size and the flavor was pure bacon. All of the items we ordered were amazing in their own way. We ordered 4 different selections and they were all perfectly prepared. I don't think you can go wrong on the brunch menu.Special Features:
- My favorite spotRoonevilleDined on 8/8/2014Dining out is one of my favorite activities and Autre Monde is one of the most delicious restaurants in Chicagoland. The menu changes based on the seasons -They don't buy it if it isn't fresh. The selections are so varied-Even the choosiest diner will find they have just eaten the best meal they have ever had-I know, because I brought my pickiest friend and she can't wait to go back. The service is the best anywhere. The atmosphere is relaxed, yet hip. You feel very cool and with it just being in the place. I don't know how they do it, but I never want them to stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem found!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/8/2014This is an amazing restaurant. The food was excellent and unique. Worth the drive!Special Features:
- Pam64Dined on 8/5/20143rd visit. 1st toooooo noisy, I think they fixed that in the front dining room. 2nd adorable outdoor, uncomfotable seating, food good, split trout. Most recent with my son, so excellent companion. Sweet server, Liz .....food, not good. Lamb kabob, passable, mussels, scrawny, unappealable sauce, not a broth. Gnocchi only thing good, snapper disgusting, inedible. Pricey, won't go back....over rated
- Great food but only decent serviceChiryanVIPDined on 8/3/2014The chicken and pancakes were an excellent combination that was almost ruined by the lack of service at Autre Monde. There was only one waitress for the entire place, but the place was pretty empty. The brunch fare we ordered is pretty standard, so it really should not take 40-45 minutes to make pancakes or French toast (either have more staff available or get your act together, especially since I know the quality of food is there).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Unique Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014The meals are definitely served "tapa-esque" with everyone sharing. Food is made to order, so while you have to wait a little while, the wait is definitely worth it. The special for the day included an heirloom tomato & mozzarella cheese salad that was to die for, as was the hummus and the spicy shrimp served on a skewer. Homemade pasta with seafood was another winner. The four of us shared a blueberry cobbler dessert which was a perfect end to the meal. $60 per person, including two drinks each, which was not bad for a Saturday evening. My only complaint is that the seats were uncomfortable. Service was excellent, and though we were there on a Saturday night, we never felt rushed. I would definitely recommend Autre Monde.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AM always delivers!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014Great time on the patio and sampling the new menu items --duck sausage gnocchi and scallop tagliatelle! Grilled octopus is always the bomb!!! Thanks for another great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique small plate destination. . .LandLDined on 7/25/2014My wife and I found Autre Monde when it first opened. Since then we have returned with new friends each time. It's a chic, small plate restaurant that you would expect to find in the city (not Berwyn). They recently opened a patio, and since it was a perfect summer evening, we asked to sit there this time - nice addition. The food was still as great as ever. We look forward to returning periodically with new friends.Special Features:
- Local wonderlezleeDined on 7/25/2014Best meal I've had in a year: locally produced (just down the block) heirloom tomato and nasturtium salad w/Manchego; Idaho brook trout w/Marcona almonds in bearnaise sauce.Special Features:
- Fantastic food in Berwyn/Oak ParkIDMan63VIPDined on 7/20/2014Autre Monde is one of our favorite restaurants in Chicagoland and it is so nice to have a restaurant of this caliber in our neighborhood! The menu is local, generally sustainable, and always delicious. The menu also changes regularly with good specials and so that's why we can go back every week! John and Christine run a tight ship and the service is wonderful with a great and friendly staff. Highly recommend Autre Monde. The only caveat is that the indoor dining room can get loud when busy.Special Features:
- AnetaBerwenerDined on 7/13/2014Great place for foodies. There was never a dish we were disappointed with. Menu changes so even though we come there a few times a year we find it always interesting to try new dishes.Special Features:
- Amu13Dined on 7/13/2014I've enjoyed many meals here, but this was my 1st brunch and it did not disappoint! I tried everyone's dish and each was great. The only bummer was we sat outside and as it started to warm up we grew very uncomfortable. There is no air circulation outside as it is covered and there are no openings or windows and several little gnats swarmed the table. Wish the outside was more airy gazebo than closed tent. Otherwise it was lovely. The food, coffee, drinks, and service left us excited to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not worth the pricelittlemissteacherDined on 7/13/2014We had a groupon for brunch, so at least we didn't pay full price. The food was fine, but not spectacular for what the prices on the menu were. The ambience is lacking...the restaurant is very bare and not very romantic. We were seated in between two big groups of people, so we had lots of talking on both sides. I've heard people say it's a must, especially for foodies, which I guess it is, but maybe not for brunch. It didn't seem that original.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchGalewoodDined on 7/13/2014Wonderful venue, great menu, fantastic service (thank you, Liz!). Enjoyed ourselves immensely. Blood orange gimlets are a knockout. Don't be "scared" of the gin; the OJ makes it a sweet experience. We used a Groupon and were not shunned or ignored because of that, which sometimes happens. The breakfast meat pie was savory and delicious, the french toast brioche amazing. I had the chicken and chestnut pancakes with homemade syrup: awesome. Thank you, Autre Monde.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- every bite was delish!siogbeagDined on 7/12/2014The wait staff was super friendly, relaxed and helpful. This is where you want to go for really good food without the pretension that comes with a lot of higher end places. The food was superb.Special Features:
- Please fix your HVAC!PreferredDiningClubGalVIPDined on 7/12/2014We love Autre Monde for a rendezvous with our friends living in the wester suburbs but winter or summer, the restaurant needs to fix the temperature control. Every time we dine we are HOT! There is no air circulation - the only fan is over the bar. Please add some ceiling fans to improve air movement in the restaurant. We arrived at 7 and the temperature was OK, but by 8 when the room is filled with people it is just too warm and makes dining really unpleasant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014I know its mediterranean/french inspired but I would say the menu is just really unique flavors combined in delicious ways:)Special Features:
- great timequesoloverDined on 7/11/2014I had a great experience at dinner and enjoyed sharing the small plates. They create food that is simple but enhances the natural flavor and freshness of each ingredient. I'm a vegetarian and there was plenty to choose from and enjoy. The cocktail list was creative and delisious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!!!LekCDined on 7/11/2014This was my third time at Autre Monde...brought three good friends and we all loved our experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/6/2014Inventive cuisine and well executed dishes and drinks. Great indoor decor and vibe. Outdoor space is lacking both, however. Choose indoors when making your reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Small SpaceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/5/2014We loved everything about the food and drinks we had at Autre Monde. The Med Mule and Blood Orange Gimlet were amazing. Highly recommend the octopus, hummus and homemade pita and the blue fish special. The only thing that did suit us was the restaurant set-up. The tables are very close together and the noise level is very high, so high that sometimes it is almost impossible to hear. Think it would be better if we were with larger group at table vs on bench of small tables along wall. I still highly recommend Autre Monde, just be prepared for that will not be intimate conversation filled dinner.Special Features:
- Trendy Chicago dining in the burbs!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2014This place never disappoints. The service is top notch. The food is incredible. I love it. I've even recommended it to my picky pallet chefs. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedTraveladyDined on 6/29/2014We were not impressed with this restaurant. Went there for Sunday brunch, and although the food was good, it was not exceptional as we had expected. The cocktails were overpriced and the service was mediocre. When you spend $75 for brunch for 2, you expect a little more.
- Berwyn! Go figure!MattDined on 6/29/2014I've now been there twice with my sweetheart, who had been raving about it. The food is exquisite....truly a gem that stands out in this town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.