6727 Roosevelt Rd
Berwyn, IL 60402Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.autremondecafe.net/
- Phone: (708) 775-8122
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Beth Partidge & Dan Pancake
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We tailor our award winning cuisine to any style event from the most casual to your most important life moments. No event is too small or too large.
- Private Party Facilities: Seasonally our patio can be secured for a private event.
- Private Party Contact: Christine 7087758122
A word from Autre Monde
Award winning, warm neighborhood restaurant with a European wine bar feel, farm to table sourcing & representing the flavors of Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Greece and Morocco. Bar features over 70 wines, 36 available by the glass, a great craft cocktail program and tasty brews. Now open for Brunch! Sunday 10-2 PM Late kitchen for Roosevelt Road music lovers on Fri & Sat. Decor is eclectic making use of re-purposed materials and green technology wherever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Autre Monde - Best Restaurants in Berwyn ›
Autre Monde reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (116)neighborhood gem (106)notable wine list (50)special occasion (48)great for outdoor dining (40)good for groups (34)romantic (29)hot spot (29)great for brunch (29)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014after an amazing cocktail, we shared a a Duck Sausage Flatbread, when I asked, our waiter brought a great glass of red for me. Then we split a big s oftoneware dish Lasagna Bolgnese brought bubbling to the table. One of the owners recommended a wonderful (& nicely affordable) Barolo split to go with, We left sated, full, and with a bit of Lasagna to bring homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic menu without the Downtown hassle.hungrymontrealerDined on 11/14/2014The menu is just right. Nothing too extravagant, just very perfect ingredients made just the way they need to be prepared. There's just enough on the menu to satisfy anyone. We ordered a plethora of dishes to come out as they were prepared and brought a couple bottles of wine. The Octopus dish is always my favorite because they braise just enough for it to be tender, then grill it just enough with marinade to give it char and smokiness. It's hard to say which other dish is my favorite because we always order whatever is new. I wish there were more desserts for us to order, because we would order them all. Service is always stellar, whether we come for dinner service or brunch. The noise level is usually loud for an Oak Park/Berwyn spot, but we would much rather deal with noise than downtown traffic and parking situations. If I could, I would come here every week. Definitely worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Autre Monde is rightAlways3Dined on 11/11/2014I came with a party of 6, everything came out at a steady pace. Food was delicious, wine was great service was excellent. Worth a trip to Berwyn. #iapprovethismessageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown in the burbs.DonnaBDined on 11/9/2014The menu is gourmet. Food is above average. The setting is cozy-minimalist in this small cafe/bistro. Service efficient and personal. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Struggle w/ SetaingDaveVIPDined on 11/8/2014Our party of 6 was seated @ 9:35 pm...over 60 minutes past our reservation time. Food was exceptional and we did get a free appetizer. They just struggle to manage seating times.Special Features:
- Stay away on SaturdayMuszeVIPDined on 11/8/2014We've eaten here before on a Sunday. The food's great. The cocktails are great. The only problem is, they haven't figured out how to manage seatings effectively. This is a cozy, laid-back restaurant where you really want to take your time enjoying your food. That's what they encourage you to do. So, when I book a table for 8:30 pm, and show up at 8 to get a drink at the bar, and I'm told that "we're sorry, there are some large groups who are still lingering, so your table may be ready at 9, or 9:30", and it took me about 30 minutes standing in a very loud restaurant to even get the bartender's attention, I decided that this wasn't the place for us, and we left. Not going back here till they figure out how to fix this.
- Great for a special occasionSwissMissDined on 11/8/2014We were going to see some bands at Fitzgerald's (down the street) and wanted to grab some dinner beforehand. It was also my husband's birthday, as well as the birthday of a friend. So I looked online and found this gem. We were seated as soon as we got there, and the service was great the whole time. Our server was really attentive and accommodating. We ended up choosing a variety of dishes to share, and all of them were amazing. One member of our party tried one of the specialty drinks and raved about that as well. Some people might not enjoy the noise level, which went up as the evening went on. So this is not the place to have a quiet, romantic dinner. But it's a great place for a group (or if you don't mind a boisterous environment).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good was great!SasquatchDined on 11/7/2014The food was terrific start to finish. I had a fun cocktail to start off and excellent wine and beer choices afterwards. Service was tip top. Place is very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/7/2014Love the restaurant and the patio dining is the best as the front room does have a bit more "energy" and noise.Special Features:
- Amazing!CuellarDined on 11/5/2014Simply delicious on every front and affordable! The Wood Fire Grilled Octopus was so good we got two plates. Highly recommend Autre Monde.Special Features:
- Autre Monde is a gemfoodstylistVIPDined on 11/2/2014I've eaten diviner at Autre Monde on several occasions. Always delicious. We had brunch this weekend. While everything was delicious, I would probably save Autre Monde for a special occasion. Don't get me wrong. The food is worth the cost. It's just a bit more than I'd like to spend on breakfast. (Especially since we are ambitious cooks at home )Special Features:
- great food but not for conversationoakparkerDined on 10/28/2014You'll probably struggle to make choice from the enticing menu. Just take comfort from knowing there are no bad or wrong choices. The only downside is that the relatively small dining space is 90% hard surfaces, resulting in a very high noise level. It's an acoustical nightmare. Sound-absorbing ceiling and wall panels would help alleviate the din factor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard Working SpotChuckD105VIPDined on 10/26/2014Autre Monde really works hard to present a creative menu AND wine list. All the bottles on the list are less than $100, most much cheaper than this. They are very well sourced, provide great opportunity to try something new, and are thoughtfully paired with the food. We bring the whole family.Special Features:
- Skim Chicken and pancakesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Food was great but I ordered the chicken and pancakes to go and when I got home I had 2 pancakes and 2 chicken wings. 2 pieces of chicken and I received 2 chicken wings???
- Great BrunchGrandmerePDined on 10/26/2014Bunch offerings were different from the norm, with enough familiarity to be memorable. We enjoyed 4 different entrees and a great blood orange gimlet, along with mimosas with fresh squeezed orange juice. Yum!Special Features:
- Gem of the near west suburbsDrameDined on 10/25/2014Autre Monde is one of the best restaurants for miles around and certainly beats anything in the more upscale, neighboring Oak Park. I had dined there several times before with my husband but this was an outing with a group of friends who came in from the city. The service was phenomenal. We kept the table longer than we really should have but felt no pressure to rush out. The standouts for me were the grilled octopus, and the Tagliatelle with rock shrimp, bay scallops and sweet pea sauce. We asked for no dairy in the sweet pea sauce and not only did they accommodate the request, the flavor was phenomenal! The hummus and white bean pistachio spreads were delicious and portions very generous, even for a group of four. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Favorite placeOzzieDined on 10/24/2014Our go to place whenever we want to treat someone. Baked cheese appetizer was spectacular. Grilled vegetable appetizer had intriguing red pepper/walnut sauce. Pumpkin rosette perfect texture, flavor and oh so good. Always leave thinking I can't wait till the next time. Hazelnut pot of crème dessert a must. Melts in your mouth. Makes for great dining, lovely conversation, and a great evening.Special Features:
- ok for BerwynJaySeeVIPDined on 10/23/2014I was really looking forward to Autre Monde but unfortunately is no comparison to restaurants in Chicago, NYC, SF, LA or NOLA. The presentation of the entrees were skillfully done however, the chef over seasoned the dishes and everything tasted too salty. When seasoned with the right amount of spices, the food is enhanced leaving the diner wanting more. Octopus - too salty, flatbread - too much feta/olives, chicken wings - overly seasoned, prime steak - perfectly grilled medium rare but again overly seasoned, gnocchi - actually decent, lamb & pork belly Pintos - probably the better small dish to order...However on a brighter note, the Service was excellent! Kokkari - outstanding restaurant in SF is the standard of comparison.
- JackWackDined on 10/18/2014The food and service is always great. I just wish it were bigger. The tables are tiny and of course they try to get as many people in as possible. Perhaps better on a weeknight when not so busy. Great place I just wish not everybody else knew about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the only the foodLovetodineDined on 10/17/2014If you are a party of two, be prepared to get stuck sitting in one of those row like tables where they cram you in next to other couples. Personally I will not sit at a table like the. First we were offered a table one one end of the 'row' then one in the middle and we finally decided to sit and eat at the bar. It was much better but the bar stools are metal and there is no foot rest on the bar or back to the stool so dining like this made it uncomfortable after the first appetizer. I am smaller framed so it was not an issue of my being too large for the seats. The food was amazing but the atmosphere and seating is below me standards. Don't know if I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - very noisyNiteowlDined on 10/17/2014Loud music made noise level much worse. A bit over priced. Food good - little salty Would be nice to have bread to start.Special Features:
- Top notchMey2favesDined on 10/16/2014Once inside the small storefront, patrons are treated to the most attentive service and exquisite quality food choices. A must for shared diners, Autre Monde is a relaxed experience. The wine list is extensive and choices made easier by the knowledgable staff. I'm looking forward to returning to explore more of the fabulous chef offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful mealChristmasEveDinerDined on 10/15/2014We have missed going to Autre monde....and this visit made us realize just how much. The food, service, wine and cocktail menus are all out standing. Our server was more than just knowledgeable, he was a food and wine savant. Great job! next time I hope we get to see the whole gang, Christine, John, Beth and Dan! Keep doing what you do, no one does it better!Special Features:
- Aestheic AppealEmoriaDined on 10/14/2014I would recommend for anyone celebrating a special occasion or otherwise desire to treat themselves to a well prepared delectable meal. Everything was wonderful, and the Pumpkin Risotto was outstanding!Special Features:
- MemoDined on 10/14/2014We had cocktail, delicious flatbread and a delightful warm cinnamon desert....conversation was difficult with some very noisy patrons,but Autre Monde is a special place for its creative foods and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchKazy68Dined on 10/12/2014We had a great brunch this past Sunday. My foodie kids (ages 6, 8, 9) loved everything especially the lamb hash. Service was fantastic as well as the cocktails. We will definitely be heading back for brunch, but we also love Autre Monde for dinner too. Be sure to get the grilled octopus!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group Dining!SlavetoFoodVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have dined here about a dozen times and found the food to be fresh, inventive, flavorful, but NOT full of attitude! Because of the small plates format, it's more fun to go with a group of at LEAST four, so you can try a greater variety of dishes. We usually order a couple of items we've had before and loved and then several new items. We've only VERY rarely been disappointed. The pumpkin risotto special was fabulous this week, and the fish stew both aromatic and delicious! The service is sometimes uneven, but this time we had a fantastic server who was thoughtful, efficient, and attentive without being intrusive in the least. The wine list is a little obscure for us, but with guidance from staff we were very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Will Go Backchrisv1013Dined on 10/9/2014I had a "first date" dinner here and was very happy with the experience. The food was excellent. We opted for the "chef's choice" because so many things on the menu appealed to us. The service was exceptional. The noise level is a little high but not overbearing - it's a small space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovley eveninglolygag62Dined on 10/9/2014It is a small space,seats about 50. It has a friendly neighborhood vibe. Our waitperson was really great, very helpful with the menu and the wine choice. The mediterranean cuisine is ordered to share among your table, so different and fun. The menu allowed for more adventurous dining if you are up for it but even the more familiar dishes had a new twist. The menu offers a glossary on the back of possibly unfamiliar cooking terms which was very helpful. The presentation of the plates and the food itself were marvelous and came to us "a la minute" meaning when it is ready so you eat at what seems like a more relaxing pace. Everything we ordered was wonderful. Porchetta was a real treat, very rich and good to share. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014After a long stressful day, I contemplated canceling my reservations & sitting at home. The second we walked in and were greeted by our waitress, Allison, the stress melted away. Monde has a relaxing ambiance. Our waitress was very knowledgable of the wines & dishes. The others we encountered while dining this evening were friendly & warm as well, the bartender, the host.....The food was absolutely delicious. I can't think of a better dining experience.Special Features:
- Review of BrunchtvbluebunnyDined on 10/5/2014We purchased the Groupon for four for brunch. Reservations easily made on OpenTable. Table for six waiting for us, good location by the windows, it was crazy busy and nosey. Food was excellent except for the Great scrambled eggs with truffle, tasted just like scrambled eggs and the portion was sooo small. Everyone else in our party of six liked what they ordered and portion size was way bigger than Great scrambled eggs. Wait staff was attentive and my only complaint was it was hard to hear the waiter.Special Features:
- it was okkmh78Dined on 10/4/2014made a reservation over a week in advance expecting a table in the beautiful dining room - when we arrived we were seated in a strange covered (chilly!) outdoor area that hadn't been opened yet prior to our arrival. not the ambiance i was hoping for. our server was EXCELLENT - very knowledgable, jovial, and the food was very good. we were told that items come out as they become ready, but we didn't expect or want all of it to come out at once onto our tiny table for two. 5 minutes after we ordered. i was hoping for a more relaxed dining experience. overall, i was a bit disappointed, but i'd be willing to give it a mother chance.Special Features:
- Great Meal at AutremondeBlasDined on 10/4/2014We had the tasting course and it was superb. highlights were the flatbread, trout, steak, pumpkin risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Autre Monde always has a fantastic menu. It's an adventure to eat there. We were there on a Saturday night. It was so loud we had to shout at each other which made for a less than great experience. Also, we didn't get all the items ordered and duplicates of others. I believe two people at our table ordered the same thing but since we couldn't hear each other, we didn't know. It would have been nice if the waitress had let us know the item was already ordered.Special Features:
- excellentkidintowDined on 10/2/2014Enjoyed our anniversary here. Excellent food, a touch noisy (but every restaurant is these days), though our waitress was happy to seat us in a corner for privacy. Food was wonderful as well.Special Features:
- ExcellentdesEauxDined on 10/2/2014The fried oyster salad special was outstanding. I would have like a few more greens, but it would not be out of place at a high end restaurant in Chicago. I've been here three times and the dishes are always good and sometimes great. I would also recommend the trout in buerre blanc. The wine list is short for this type of place, but there's some interesting choices and the servers are knowledgeable. My only quibble would be the seating, where two-tops are in the middle of the room. I recommend sitting at the bar if that's the only option. Also, the restaurant is walking distance from Fitzgerald's if you want to fill out an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Total DisappointmentLuvfreshandlightVIPDined on 10/1/2014After a good recommendation from a trusted friend, the dinner experience was one of the worst in recent memory. While the restaurant was not at all crowded, the service was inexcusably remiss. The list of service faux pas included too many to list. The front of the house sorely needs to get its act together and remember customers drive the business.......or not. While a bit heavy on the oil, the food was good.
- Great restaurant !!!!!!GourmetDined on 9/30/2014Best in the west !!!!!! for food , service , wine list .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014I felt like it was overpriced, and the food was moderate. The ambiance was so incrediibly flat. The bathroom had decor better than the restaurant. I would only return for a drink, not the food.
- Tasty But loudDebbyDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed a fabulous dinner Saturday evening with exceptional good and drink, but the noise level is deafening. They should read the Trib's recent article on sound buffering systems in restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.