6727 Roosevelt Rd
Berwyn, IL 60402Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.autremondecafe.net/
- Phone: 7087758122
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Beth Partidge & Dan Pancake
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We tailor our award winning cuisine to any style event from the most casual to your most important life moments. No event is too small or too large.
- Private Party Facilities: Seasonally our patio can be secured for a private event.
- Private Party Contact: Christine 7087758122
A word from Autre Monde
Award winning, warm neighborhood restaurant with a European wine bar feel, farm to table sourcing & representing the flavors of Italy, Spain, Portugal, France, Greece and Morocco. Bar features over 70 wines, 36 available by the glass, a great craft cocktail program and tasty brews. Now open for Brunch! Sunday 10-2 PM Late kitchen for Roosevelt Road music lovers on Fri & Sat. Decor is eclectic making use of re-purposed materials and green technology wherever possible.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Autre Monde - Best Restaurants in Berwyn ›
Autre Monde reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (117)neighborhood gem (106)special occasion (51)notable wine list (44)great for outdoor dining (43)good for groups (32)hot spot (29)romantic (29)great for brunch (28)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)Show More
- great food but not for conversationoakparkerDined on 10/28/2014You'll probably struggle to make choice from the enticing menu. Just take comfort from knowing there are no bad or wrong choices. The only downside is that the relatively small dining space is 90% hard surfaces, resulting in a very high noise level. It's an acoustical nightmare. Sound-absorbing ceiling and wall panels would help alleviate the din factor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard Working SpotChuckD105VIPDined on 10/26/2014Autre Monde really works hard to present a creative menu AND wine list. All the bottles on the list are less than $100, most much cheaper than this. They are very well sourced, provide great opportunity to try something new, and are thoughtfully paired with the food. We bring the whole family.Special Features:
- Skim Chicken and pancakesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Food was great but I ordered the chicken and pancakes to go and when I got home I had 2 pancakes and 2 chicken wings. 2 pieces of chicken and I received 2 chicken wings???
- Great BrunchGrandmerePDined on 10/26/2014Bunch offerings were different from the norm, with enough familiarity to be memorable. We enjoyed 4 different entrees and a great blood orange gimlet, along with mimosas with fresh squeezed orange juice. Yum!Special Features:
- Gem of the near west suburbsDrameDined on 10/25/2014Autre Monde is one of the best restaurants for miles around and certainly beats anything in the more upscale, neighboring Oak Park. I had dined there several times before with my husband but this was an outing with a group of friends who came in from the city. The service was phenomenal. We kept the table longer than we really should have but felt no pressure to rush out. The standouts for me were the grilled octopus, and the Tagliatelle with rock shrimp, bay scallops and sweet pea sauce. We asked for no dairy in the sweet pea sauce and not only did they accommodate the request, the flavor was phenomenal! The hummus and white bean pistachio spreads were delicious and portions very generous, even for a group of four. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Favorite placeOzzieDined on 10/24/2014Our go to place whenever we want to treat someone. Baked cheese appetizer was spectacular. Grilled vegetable appetizer had intriguing red pepper/walnut sauce. Pumpkin rosette perfect texture, flavor and oh so good. Always leave thinking I can't wait till the next time. Hazelnut pot of crème dessert a must. Melts in your mouth. Makes for great dining, lovely conversation, and a great evening.Special Features:
- JackWackDined on 10/18/2014The food and service is always great. I just wish it were bigger. The tables are tiny and of course they try to get as many people in as possible. Perhaps better on a weeknight when not so busy. Great place I just wish not everybody else knew about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the only the foodLovetodineDined on 10/17/2014If you are a party of two, be prepared to get stuck sitting in one of those row like tables where they cram you in next to other couples. Personally I will not sit at a table like the. First we were offered a table one one end of the 'row' then one in the middle and we finally decided to sit and eat at the bar. It was much better but the bar stools are metal and there is no foot rest on the bar or back to the stool so dining like this made it uncomfortable after the first appetizer. I am smaller framed so it was not an issue of my being too large for the seats. The food was amazing but the atmosphere and seating is below me standards. Don't know if I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - very noisyNiteowlDined on 10/17/2014Loud music made noise level much worse. A bit over priced. Food good - little salty Would be nice to have bread to start.Special Features:
- Top notchMey2favesDined on 10/16/2014Once inside the small storefront, patrons are treated to the most attentive service and exquisite quality food choices. A must for shared diners, Autre Monde is a relaxed experience. The wine list is extensive and choices made easier by the knowledgable staff. I'm looking forward to returning to explore more of the fabulous chef offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful mealChristmasEveDinerDined on 10/15/2014We have missed going to Autre monde....and this visit made us realize just how much. The food, service, wine and cocktail menus are all out standing. Our server was more than just knowledgeable, he was a food and wine savant. Great job! next time I hope we get to see the whole gang, Christine, John, Beth and Dan! Keep doing what you do, no one does it better!Special Features:
- Aestheic AppealEmoriaDined on 10/14/2014I would recommend for anyone celebrating a special occasion or otherwise desire to treat themselves to a well prepared delectable meal. Everything was wonderful, and the Pumpkin Risotto was outstanding!Special Features:
- MemoDined on 10/14/2014We had cocktail, delicious flatbread and a delightful warm cinnamon desert....conversation was difficult with some very noisy patrons,but Autre Monde is a special place for its creative foods and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchKazy68Dined on 10/12/2014We had a great brunch this past Sunday. My foodie kids (ages 6, 8, 9) loved everything especially the lamb hash. Service was fantastic as well as the cocktails. We will definitely be heading back for brunch, but we also love Autre Monde for dinner too. Be sure to get the grilled octopus!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Group Dining!SlavetoFoodVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have dined here about a dozen times and found the food to be fresh, inventive, flavorful, but NOT full of attitude! Because of the small plates format, it's more fun to go with a group of at LEAST four, so you can try a greater variety of dishes. We usually order a couple of items we've had before and loved and then several new items. We've only VERY rarely been disappointed. The pumpkin risotto special was fabulous this week, and the fish stew both aromatic and delicious! The service is sometimes uneven, but this time we had a fantastic server who was thoughtful, efficient, and attentive without being intrusive in the least. The wine list is a little obscure for us, but with guidance from staff we were very happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely Will Go Backchrisv1013Dined on 10/9/2014I had a "first date" dinner here and was very happy with the experience. The food was excellent. We opted for the "chef's choice" because so many things on the menu appealed to us. The service was exceptional. The noise level is a little high but not overbearing - it's a small space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovley eveninglolygag62Dined on 10/9/2014It is a small space,seats about 50. It has a friendly neighborhood vibe. Our waitperson was really great, very helpful with the menu and the wine choice. The mediterranean cuisine is ordered to share among your table, so different and fun. The menu allowed for more adventurous dining if you are up for it but even the more familiar dishes had a new twist. The menu offers a glossary on the back of possibly unfamiliar cooking terms which was very helpful. The presentation of the plates and the food itself were marvelous and came to us "a la minute" meaning when it is ready so you eat at what seems like a more relaxing pace. Everything we ordered was wonderful. Porchetta was a real treat, very rich and good to share. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum !!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014After a long stressful day, I contemplated canceling my reservations & sitting at home. The second we walked in and were greeted by our waitress, Allison, the stress melted away. Monde has a relaxing ambiance. Our waitress was very knowledgable of the wines & dishes. The others we encountered while dining this evening were friendly & warm as well, the bartender, the host.....The food was absolutely delicious. I can't think of a better dining experience.Special Features:
- Review of BrunchtvbluebunnyDined on 10/5/2014We purchased the Groupon for four for brunch. Reservations easily made on OpenTable. Table for six waiting for us, good location by the windows, it was crazy busy and nosey. Food was excellent except for the Great scrambled eggs with truffle, tasted just like scrambled eggs and the portion was sooo small. Everyone else in our party of six liked what they ordered and portion size was way bigger than Great scrambled eggs. Wait staff was attentive and my only complaint was it was hard to hear the waiter.Special Features:
- it was okkmh78Dined on 10/4/2014made a reservation over a week in advance expecting a table in the beautiful dining room - when we arrived we were seated in a strange covered (chilly!) outdoor area that hadn't been opened yet prior to our arrival. not the ambiance i was hoping for. our server was EXCELLENT - very knowledgable, jovial, and the food was very good. we were told that items come out as they become ready, but we didn't expect or want all of it to come out at once onto our tiny table for two. 5 minutes after we ordered. i was hoping for a more relaxed dining experience. overall, i was a bit disappointed, but i'd be willing to give it a mother chance.Special Features:
- Great Meal at AutremondeBlasDined on 10/4/2014We had the tasting course and it was superb. highlights were the flatbread, trout, steak, pumpkin risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Autre Monde always has a fantastic menu. It's an adventure to eat there. We were there on a Saturday night. It was so loud we had to shout at each other which made for a less than great experience. Also, we didn't get all the items ordered and duplicates of others. I believe two people at our table ordered the same thing but since we couldn't hear each other, we didn't know. It would have been nice if the waitress had let us know the item was already ordered.Special Features:
- excellentkidintowDined on 10/2/2014Enjoyed our anniversary here. Excellent food, a touch noisy (but every restaurant is these days), though our waitress was happy to seat us in a corner for privacy. Food was wonderful as well.Special Features:
- ExcellentdesEauxDined on 10/2/2014The fried oyster salad special was outstanding. I would have like a few more greens, but it would not be out of place at a high end restaurant in Chicago. I've been here three times and the dishes are always good and sometimes great. I would also recommend the trout in buerre blanc. The wine list is short for this type of place, but there's some interesting choices and the servers are knowledgeable. My only quibble would be the seating, where two-tops are in the middle of the room. I recommend sitting at the bar if that's the only option. Also, the restaurant is walking distance from Fitzgerald's if you want to fill out an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Total DisappointmentLuvfreshandlightVIPDined on 10/1/2014After a good recommendation from a trusted friend, the dinner experience was one of the worst in recent memory. While the restaurant was not at all crowded, the service was inexcusably remiss. The list of service faux pas included too many to list. The front of the house sorely needs to get its act together and remember customers drive the business.......or not. While a bit heavy on the oil, the food was good.
- Great restaurant !!!!!!GourmetDined on 9/30/2014Best in the west !!!!!! for food , service , wine list .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014I felt like it was overpriced, and the food was moderate. The ambiance was so incrediibly flat. The bathroom had decor better than the restaurant. I would only return for a drink, not the food.
- Tasty But loudDebbyDined on 9/27/2014We enjoyed a fabulous dinner Saturday evening with exceptional good and drink, but the noise level is deafening. They should read the Trib's recent article on sound buffering systems in restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!!!GoodFoodTreasureHunterDined on 9/27/2014Great for date night! This restaurant has such an interesting menu that we literally did not want to choose. We ordered the Tasting and the chef chose an amazing sequence of 9 generous courses for us that had us exclaiming over each and every one. The chef included specialties that were not even on the menu and we were delighted. What a great value! The service was superb for each course - there was never a moment that we had to wait. Their unique cocktails pair exceptionally well with the food. It was all perfectly timed to get us to the 16th Street Theater 8 PM performance. Autre Monde is the recommended on the theater website. We agree! Take your time to savor the experience...we'll keep raving about this peak dining experience!Special Features:
- Special placePaloneyDined on 9/23/2014The food was unique and excellent. The ingredients were fresh and tasty. The staff was bright and attentive. Thanks Liz. Now one of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday 9-19-14HollyDined on 9/19/2014A friend recomened it. We were going to see a band close by so I asked if there was anything close. The food was very good. We had a salad with a poached egg on top and the humus dish for appetizers. We had the pork dish for the main coarse and it was great. The service was just okay.Special Features:
- NoisyDinner8273493Dined on 9/19/2014I found it extremely difficult to hear the other people I came with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Dining HereerinVIPDined on 9/18/2014I am a local and love going to Auntre Monde. I have brought several friends from the city and other suburbs and they love it too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a huge hit!bonbon24VIPDined on 9/18/2014I brought 5 friends from out of town to Autre Monde as their very first suburban foodie experience, and A.M. knocked it out of the park! One of my friends was celebrating her birthday, and I brought a cake the day before to serve the next night. Both the host and the server acknowledged my friend's special day, and kept the cake secret until it came out, candles aflame. It was a very special night for all of us, and the food was tremendous. Five of the six of us had the trout, with one saying afterwards it was the best trout she'd ever had (a couple of us briefly entertained the idea of ordering a trout to go!) Everyone was extremely impressed, and I was very proud to have brought them to A.M.Special Features:
- Always amazing!McReviewDined on 9/16/2014I went with two girlfriends the other night. The service, the food and the drinks were off the chart. We may have had the last of the heirloom tomatoes and sweet corn. The tomatoes were delicious in the salad and the corn was just the right mix of crunchy, sweet and flavorful in a risotto. The sweet corn risotto was so amazing we ordered two! In addition we devoured the burrata, grilled octopus and trout. If you've never been to Autre Monde - GO. It's amazing and start with the blood orange gimlet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow service and unadorned foodLike2eatwellVIPDined on 9/14/2014A group of 5 adults and an infant met for Sunday brunch, selected based on the location and prior diners' reviews. Coffee service was prompt, but it took a very, very long time to get our food to us. The seafood frittata special had shrimp and a nice olive oil flavor. But it was garnished only with a few sprigs of Italian parsley instead of the arugula which was listed as a component of the dish. No bread or any other accompaniment was offered, though a few slices of grilled bread were brought on request. Truffled scrambled eggs were similarly lonely. Because we were there for such a long time, we needed frequent coffee refills and the servers seemed annoyed. Disappointing.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014From beginning to end, autre monde is top of the line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small PlatesAngelaDined on 9/11/2014With so many small plate choices, we had a wonderful sampling and ended up skipping the large plates. Wine Recommendations were very good, as well.Special Features:
- Outstanding!mcrawford678VIPDined on 9/10/2014The service was amazing, the food was creative and amazing, and the ambiance was just great! We would recommend this restaurant to anyone and everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatDMoneyVIPDined on 9/7/2014We enjoyed taking our friends there for their 1st anniversary. Always impressed with the food and the quality of the service. Their bartenders do amazing work with the cocktails and servers are very knowledgeable without being pushy or opinionated. Nice touch by the staff bringing out a free dessert for our friends. The restaurant asked if we were celebrating anything before we got there and made a note of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.