3255 Rutherford Rd
Vaughan, ON L4K 5Y5Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://a1autostrada.com/
- Phone: 9057608338
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Autostrada
An infinite variety of flavours from the exquisite simplicity of Italian food. From Milan to Naples, the Tuscan region to the spicy flavours of Sicilian fare. While distinct in flavour, each dish shares a common beginning: The time honoured practice of using the finest and freshest ingredients possible, preserving and cherishing the Italian tradition. This is Autostrada Ristorante: Join the journey and Experience the World of Italian Cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Autostrada - Best Restaurants in Vaughan ›
Autostrada reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (12)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (6)romantic (4)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great staffBouneDined on 8/22/2014Staff amazing. Make you feel like royalty. Food amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and serviceJEMCDined on 8/14/2014Lunch was excellent. The seafood arrancini are a must as is the seafood risotto. Service as always was attentive without being intrusive - we were there for three hours! And had a great time. Ciao until next time.Special Features:
- great place- just a bit overpricedyamimomiVIPDined on 7/29/2014food was delis'. great atmosphere, wine price is much over priced.
- Great foodrjogDined on 7/26/2014Especially the calamari, a must have. A bit on the pricier side though.Special Features:
- Decent place.justsayingDined on 5/24/2014The food was good. Our waiter was pleasant. I thought it would have a more lounge feel so I was surprised to see kids there. No complaints. It wasn't spectacular but it was decent good place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once decent. Now lousy food +dirty.VisitorVIPDined on 5/11/2014It is sad to see that it has gone downhill, as it was a promising local eatery. We were there a year ago in 2013, when the food was decent. The service was not professional but still friendly enough. Now in May 2014, we made a last min reservation on Mother's Day. The regular menu was not available, and the Mother's Day menu looked interesting enough. My seafood linguine had a watery sauce, sub-par seafood...overall, bad. The pizza was OK. Unfortunately, the washrooms and floors were dirty. Overall, it felt like a badly kept fast food restaurant :(
- First Time SurpriseimmafoodieDined on 5/11/2014I was there for lunch for mother's day. The food and portions are awesome! Highly recommend pappardelle a coniglio - amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great end to mothers dayakpsDined on 5/11/2014Beautiful atmosphere and wonderful environment. Had a great time with great company and delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A1Nat11345Dined on 5/2/2014This place is amazing. The service was lovely, and most importantly the food was great as usual. I am a foodie, and love to eat out a lot. I give this place 5 stars because they were able to accommodate the needs to each and everyone in my party :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent try lacks a lot.anamzulgDined on 5/2/2014Came on a Friday night (not late). Ordered daily special. 2 orders came out properly... on time, and with proper portions. Second half of table was not served. delayed by about 15minutes more...t hey served our portions to another table. Then they were sold out of the specials dish, the scallops were undercooked, and underwhelming considering the price. Other items off the menu were unavailable. On a Friday night? Already unavailable? Very poor planning. Service was very attentive, and they did manage to try and compensate for the lack of food, and bad timing, but it was less than an endearing visit.Special Features:
- The following 161 reviews are from the Autostrada reviews archive.
- Friendly service great foodDadof4Dined on 4/26/2014We had a birthday celebration and fr the moment we arrived Luigi was accommodating friendly and made sure all went smooth. Our waiter was also extremely helpful and accommodating. To too it off the food was excellent and overall first impression extremely positive. I would recommend for a celebration or if you are looking for great food with a great vibe. Thanks Luigi for arranging for flowers and going above and beyond on service. My wife was so impressed and happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not compatible with opentablesummerrobertsDined on 4/23/2014I did not receive my open table points while dining at this restaurant. Not very impressed and the restaurant tried to help me but nothing worked and at this point I won't go back for points. The restaurant told me they have had numerous problems with open table and the only reason I went to the restaurant that night was for the points and it was in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsFoodie4FoodDined on 4/19/2014Great restaurant, amazing service we love it! We love it and come there for years and in all these years it never fell shor tof our expectations.Special Features:
- Horrible ExperienceGirlsnightoutDined on 3/22/2014Me and the girls decided to try out Autostrada because we heard the food was good and that's about all that was good. I have never been to a restaurant in my life with such horrible service, I get better service at McDonalds or Pizza Pizza. We waited for over an hour for our food to come after waiting about 25 minutes for our server to even take our order. The server we had was very rude and ignored us many times saying "I'll be back" and would come back 15 minutes later..even trying to get water refills was a hassle. The food was good but it does not out way the horrible service. I will never go back to this restaurant and I won't be recommending it to others.
- Outstanding!FrancescoDined on 3/21/2014Everything was great! Our family loves this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMikeWimmsDined on 3/8/2014Had a great time there, food was great! Would definately go back again. I recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- How does Autostrada rateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014The overall restaurant was very good.......most important food was good, pleased with the service the ambiance was nice as well as for noise level it was quiet but that is because i made reservations before the restaurant would get busy. The only critique i have is that the tables are too close for my liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Valentine's DinnerDeniseFerDined on 2/14/2014Had a family Valentine dinner. Shocked to see a overpriced valentines menu, with very few items. Food was just okay, nothing great I could comment about aside from the Buffala Mozerrrella. Regular items on the menu, with an extra 10-12 charge per item. Had I known this I would have dined somewhere else.Special Features:
- garbage service!ptploveDined on 2/14/2014Food was good but the service was GARBAGE! I Have been there before, when it was way more busy and had great service. Unfortunately on valentine's day we got a terrible server. It took over 1 hour for our appetizer to come! Our server was completely ignoring us even when we would wave our arms like gorillas and call for him.
- ElegantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Everything was perfect I appreciate all the service I just found the tables to be to close together but other than that it was an amazing meal and your staff are amazing at what they doSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great! DisappointedFoodtorontovaughanDined on 1/12/2014Thought we would try this place as it is close to home. It was disappointing. Pizza wood oven was short sausage ingredient (didn't have anymore). Also tried another type where the sweetness of beets and walnuts was disturbing with prosciutto. Pizza could have been cooked more. The positive was that soup not on the menu was requested and chefs prepared. Wanted a nice arugula or mixed Italian Greens salad and not on menu. Pasta was so so. Just missed the Mediterranean mark! Sorry !!Special Features:
- Was told about this placeFoodtasterDined on 12/31/2013Was told about this place by a friend. Decided to try it out with my better half. Overall a great experience. Service by staff was exceptional !! Highly impressed.. Will place this restaurant on my list of favourites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationepicureanVIPDined on 12/19/2013Another great evening at A1. Fantastic service and superior quality items that change frequently with daily specials separate this gem for others in the area. I have been living in Woodbridge since the 70's and this is my go to spot. This is as close to a authentic italian dining experience you can enjoy outside of Italy. Wide range of wines, try braised veal if available. Marco is one of the best servers I have come to appreciate over the last several meals there. Ask for him - he will complement your dining experience with his knowledge of the offerings at A1. Kitchen is prompt with orders and will cater to your every whim if you ask. Special requests are always welcomed and provides the chefs a chance to shine with their talents.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised.WheresthebeefVIPDined on 12/14/2013My wife and I dine out every Saturday night and tend to frequent downtown restaurants. A snow storm made us look for something closer to home. Based on other reviews and close proximity to our home we decided to try Autostrada. I have to say this spot is as good as anything you would find downtown. It won't take a snow storm for us to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Autostrada ReviewSandyDined on 12/11/2013On arrival, there is immediate staff attention and a quick move to the table. Beverages were taken care of immediately and an attentive and friendly server introduced himself and reviewed all the specials with obvious passion for the offerings. The meals were delivered as expected and were hot and tasty. The pastas are especially good... as good as I have had anywhere. This is a fabulous restaurant to impress friends, customers, and business associates with great food, a broad wine list, and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Autostrada Vaughan-ExcellentJEMCDined on 11/15/2013We have dined at Autostrada Vaughan twice now - first was a "try" and second was a very relaxing meal on a Friday night. Service is exceptional - experienced and attentive without being intrusive. Food is outstanding - the new Itailian style: fresh ingredients, prepared simply and elegantly. The marinated white anchovies are delicious and as close to what you get at restaurants on the Venitian Lagoon islands. The pizzas are fresh wood oven baked, light and topped with just the right amount of fresh ingredients. I consider the proce very reasonable for the top quality, quantity and presentation of the meals. Autostrada is a gem on the outskirts of Vaughn Mills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Autostrada always consistentDJEMPORIUM1VIPDined on 11/10/2013I've been at this place over 20 times and each time they have been on the ball! Food, service and quality are never compromised .., I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a great dinner! From a simple wood oven pizza to exquisite dishes chef Luigi can so it all.. As One of Toronto's top disc jockeys we eat at many venues , restaurants & Autostrada for is quality and overall experience is one of the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonissimoPerdueDined on 10/19/2013The food was absolutely amazing, so flavorful and full of life:) must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Again!FoodieDined on 10/12/2013Upon sitting down at our table, we asked our waiter for water 3 times before it finally came with the missing wine list. After apologizing several times, he Finally came for our order. My husband asked him about two of the appetizers and the waiter recommended one more than the other. It wasn't until our bill came that we discovered that this recommended appetizer was $29.00. We were shocked and disappointed that the waiter never mentioned the price. It is up to our discretion whether we want to spend that amount of money or not, but this waiter was completely negligent and irresponsible knowing full well how much this plate cost. There should never be any surprises when a customer receives his bill.
- Thought it would be betterdinerDined on 10/4/2013Thought it would be better than it was. Food was mediocre. Didn't like the large restaurant ambiance.Special Features:
- Great Upscale Italian findshopproVIPDined on 9/25/2013In the Vaughn area with lots of Italian dining to chose from. This place was comptemporary in design, unexpected but nice. The service was outstanding and the food was very good. I ordered the short ribs, great choice. I recommend and would return if Im in the area in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice. Took my parentsNadg89VIPDined on 9/20/2013Very nice. Took my parents there fr their wedding anniversary. The food and service were both excellent. Will go again. Recommend for any occasion.Special Features:
- EnjoyableCarsDined on 9/16/2013Food was good. Service was great. We went on a Monday night so it was quiet. We will definatly try it on a Thursday or Friday night.Special Features:
- SlippingWoodbridgeGuyDined on 9/14/2013This has always been our go to restaurant for birthdays, etc, however on our last few visits we've noticed the service slipping. I don't know if it's due to turnover or not scheduling properly, but due to this we're more inclined to look elsewhere now. Our last visit was Saturday, September 14, 2013 and service was just passable. I can't fault the server as he was working a large party in a private room, as well as having a section in the restaurant but due to his being spread out so thin, he was not by often enough to properly service all his tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charcuterie...DeliciousDined on 9/10/2013Although I think charcuterie days are waning...this is a wonderful place for it. The hams are amongst the best I've had even when I've been in Italy. Specials are always interesting; the staff is attentive. A gem for its location.Special Features:
- High quality Italian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/8/2013Ordered the cheese & prosciutto platter as an appetizer, which featured imported meat and cheeses, and was one of the best appetizers I've had at a Toronto restaurant. The service was outstanding. Modern, trendy ambiance. Much better than most GTA Italian restaurants I've been to.Special Features:
- We will come againEugeneDined on 9/1/2013We had a wedding anniversary and it was three of us at a table. We really liked the place. Food was very good. We ordered an octopus as an appetizer. It was juicy and tender comparing to some rubbery stuff we had at different places. An Angus steak was cooked as ordered to the perfection. A see bream was delicious. Our waiter was knowledgeable and helpful. There were some delays between dishes but we were not in a rush. We will definitely come again.Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food, authenticfoodloverDined on 8/30/2013Enjoyed the food, authentic Italian and pizza was amazing. Would recommend this place for a casual night out with friends or family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2013Very good food...enjoyed the menu and restaurant....Special Features:
- Worth a VisitdiningoutbeatscookingDined on 7/19/2013Great ambiance with excellent service. Food presentation more unique than usual. Prosciutto bar a great place to come for a glass of wine and nibble. Feels like a New York dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.