Austria Hof Restaurant
924 Canyon Blvd.
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Austria Hof Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.austriahof.com/
- Phone: 7609342764
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Mon-Sun 5pm-10pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: German, American, Wild Game
- Executive Chef: Fransico Laguna
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
- Private Party Facilities: The Austria Hof offers private dining options for groups from 25-60. Our main dining room can be reserved for up to 60 people and other rooms can accommodate groups up to 24.
- Private Party Contact: Joseph Mueller 7609342764
- Entertainment: We offer the best Après-ski happy hour every day from 4:00-6:00 P.M. Drink specials as well as 30% off bar appetizers. Live entertainment most Friday and Saturday's during ski season.
A word from Austria Hof Restaurant
The Austria Hof Restaurant offers a truly unique dining experience. Choose from delicious appetizers such as Lobster Ravioli, Poke Salad, or Seared Sea Scallops with leeks and pancetta. Entrees include Certified Angus Steaks, Roast Duck, Pistachio Crusted Elk Rack and of course our timeless German classics such as Sauerbraten with potato pancakes, Bratwurst Sampler Plate and Wiener-schnitzel. For dessert try our Warm Pear Tart or Homemade Apple Strudel. We offer an extensive wine list as well an extensive list of fine liquors and unique German beers. You're sure to have a memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Austria Hof Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Mammoth ›
Austria Hof Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Lov2skiDined on 8/31/2014Food was not what I expected. Steak was over cooked, lobster ravioli came out of a can, and the beef stroganoff was not freshly made . The bread was fresh and tasted very nice. I would recommend the porc chops. They were very tender.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/17/2014We went there after looking at the menu on Opentable: menu must have changed! If it is great to be served 2 minutes after having order it is only because you are getting frozen food microwaved! Everything we had was tasteless and we'll never go there again!!
- Large portions, no false pretensesBayAreaNativeVIPDined on 3/2/2014This was a first visit. Overall all 3 diners were happy with their choices but we were heavy on meats given the German vibe (schnitzels). Large portions. Service was friendly; water service excellent. Wine list moderately varied and reasonably priced. No espresso drinks. Desserts were very good; apple strudel the big winner. Pleasant but modest interior with some noise from the bar section that was a little bothersome. Would probably return to try another type of entree but would be sure to have a very empty stomach.
- Must go!!BigfoodieDined on 3/1/2014The quality of food is amazing!! U have to try the spiced wine. They have a special recipe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/3/2014I go to this restaurant every time I'm in Mammoth - always great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dining at Austria HofCarrieDined on 12/31/2013I booked Austria Hof for New Years Eve and we were very pleased with our experience. The decor was lovely in an Alpine way. For the occasion, balloons filled the ceiling making it very festive. The menu was chock-full of Austrian/German specialities, which made making a decision difficult. I went for the classic Weinerschnitzel. I've had it a little better elsewhere, but it was still excellent. Husband's steak was perfect. Tuna poke starter was delicious. We will definitely be back next time we're in Mammoth.Special Features:
- The current 2 start ratingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/24/2013The current 2 start rating in undeserved. Service was very good. Rack of Elk was amazing. Great spot to have a relaxing meal after a day of skiing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!DuffydollDined on 12/23/2013There were 3 of us and we all thoroughly enjoyed our dinners. One person has traveled all over the world for decades and was pleasantly surprised with the quality of his meal. He loved the Escargot, Elk and Weinerschnetzel. The duck was also very well prepared and delicious. Our server Cisco was very attentive and accommodating and Todd, who checked in on us periodically was also interested to know if we were enjoying our evening. We have had dinners at Austria Hof in the past and the food and service has never disappointed us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dated and wornlckt13Dined on 7/29/2013Menue looks good but meat overlooked ans spaetzle rated like frozen or dehydrated then reconstituted. Carpet torn and ugly Hardly any diners while we were there and now we understand the reasons. Skip this and go to Petras
- Went there to celebrate myDavidBdayBoyDined on 7/27/2013Went there to celebrate my birthday and ordered the venison, which was prepared perfectly. The vegetables were fresh and crisp. The deserts were delicious. Our waiter was knowledgable, courteous, and efficient. It was a very enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- German/Austrian restaurantsFritoVIPDined on 7/5/2013German/Austrian restaurants are hard to find in California. We gave Austria Hof a try. Neither gourmet or carefully prepared The weinerschnitzel was dry and crust was flat. The saurbraten was tender with a good flavor. Skip the potato pancakes. Ok if you go in with low expectations.
- Fun mixture of traditionalleniVIPDined on 7/5/2013Fun mixture of traditional Austrian food along with new American. Schnitzel was done perfectly with spaetzel and red cabbage - Yum! My venison was equally perfect. The server was excellent. We had a great meal and a lovely end to a lovely day. We HIGHLY recommend. Prices were fair and wine prices were very good with a beautifully varied selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice, quiet restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013A nice, quiet restaurant with very good food and the server was very pleasant. I would recommend it to my friends.
- Great food! Service can sometimesOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/16/2013Great food! Service can sometimes be a little slow but worth it!Special Features:
- we enjoyed all that we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/9/2013we enjoyed all that we had to eat. The service was so excellent!!!Special Features:
- No idea how to prepare duckOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/17/2013No idea how to prepare duck confit. Mediocre preparation for all items.
- Feel like your in AustriaLBRogerDined on 2/10/2013Very nice place. Its a hideaway gem. We all enjoyed our dinners and like the Bavarian feel of the place. We ordered the Osso, Wellington, Sausages and Steak dinners.Special Features:
- Expected a bit moreLAFoodVIPDined on 1/20/2013I've had some good meals in mammoth, but this was not one of them. The menu looks quite good, but the execution does not match. In addition, it's a fairly expensive restaurant. We ordered a bouillabaisse and it came with fettucine in the broth....
- Easily booked large partyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013We went with a large group of several families. The restaurant was very accommodating- we worked out the spilt bill easily and they were great about kids table near adult table. The waitstaff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone agreed the food was very good. We were all staying in the Canyon Lodge area and enjoyed the 2 minute drive and neighborhood and alpine feeling of this "old school" Mammoth establishment. If you don't want to battle for parking and elbow to elbow crowd, try the Austria Hoff.Special Features:
- Ate there via OpenTable RSVN,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/3/2013Ate there via OpenTable RSVN, and returned the following evening for a great happy hour.Special Features:
- My family and I had a terrificOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012My family and I had a terrific New Years Eve experience. The food was good and the wine was excellent. There was something for each member of our family. The ambience was very welcoming and warm.Special Features:
- ChrisOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Austria Hof gave us an Alpine setting with good German food and a friendly vibe!Special Features:
- The food was great but theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/28/2012The food was great but the service was slow. It took a long time for them to serve our salad and dinner.Special Features:
- Great option to others in MammothOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/25/2012Wanting to have Xmas dinner with a toddler, this was a perfect place. Great food and service.Special Features:
- We have been to Austria HofOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/24/2012We have been to Austria Hof before, and liked the German food and nice warm welcoming decor and vibe. Thought this would be a really fun place to celebrate Christmas Eve this year. However, we were sorely disappointed in the service this year. We get that's it's a holiday, but the waiter's inattention and extremely poor handling of a small issue with our meal turned a special holiday dinner outing into a chore. I hope they take this critcism as constructive, as otherwise, we would definitely recommend. But not worth the poor service.
- Excellent sevice, good food.FoodforthoughtVIPDined on 12/19/2012Wished the food was as good as the service. But, alas, this is Mammoth. Not exactly a diner's paradise. The lobster ravioli was very rich and delicious. The Osso Buco was quite fatty and a bit on the bland side. A very nice wine wine list that was reasonably priced. Probably would try some of the sausage dishes next time.Special Features:
- The quality of the food wasBethDined on 12/8/2012The quality of the food was very good. The "starters" were big enough to be a meal and delicious. The main courses were varied in variety and ample in portion. The creme brulee was the best around but I would skip the other desserts! The booths are not so comfortable but very authentic German in appearance. The wine list is extensive and there is a full bar option. Our waiter was very nice and had good recommendations about the menu. I would definately recommend this restaurant for hardy, winter food!Special Features:
- We're staying in Mammoth duringLadiesdayoutDined on 10/11/2012We're staying in Mammoth during off season but were excited to see this place was open. Large portions of food so we all shared with each other and still had plenty to take back to my mom who didn't want to go out.Special Features:
- Interesting in that they serveOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2012Interesting in that they serve genuine German food. Unfortunately the quality was not quite there!
- Out of the way restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/19/2012Out of the way restaurant. Excellent continental and German-Austrian food. Quiet, good service. Full dinner for two with wine came to $100 including tax and tip.Special Features:
- Excellent food. We arrivedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2012Excellent food. We arrived early so it was very quiet. Good happy hour. I have read a few not so friendly reviews on Austria Hof and have never understood the issues. We have never had any. The food is excellent and a nice variety that is hard to find.Special Features:
- Really EuropeanCaliforniaDougDined on 7/23/2012Variable* menu features German and game-related entrees. (*If you have your heart set on something, be sure to call ahead to see if available on the date you wish.) Food is very good, but not outstanding.Special Features:
- We will return. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2012We will return. Food was good and wait staff was attentive.Special Features:
- The offered "autrian" foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2012The offered "autrian" food is poorly authentic. Dark restaurant room.
- very disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/9/2012extremely disappointed in the schnitzel and potatoes-schnitzel was greasy,overdone; potatoes were also VERY greasy and tasted burned;have been there before many years ago and this experience was nothing like before- I am German and know what schnitzel should taste like, and this was anything but acceptable
- After eating at most of theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/7/2012After eating at most of the larger eating establishments (like Chart House) around town, it was nice to dine in a more casual environment with some Alpine themed ambience. The Austrian and Germanic food was quite good. The cooked red cabbage was some of the best I've ever tasted. They also have some traditional American dishes as well which is nice for the kids. The portions were larger than I expected so bring your appetite.Special Features:
- We've been in Mammoth in MarchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/7/2012We've been in Mammoth in March and could not make it to this place. Now that we did - we loved it: elk, duck, veal. If ou like meat - you will love it. Also, ask for Tomato tower refill :)Special Features:
- My husband is German and weOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/29/2012My husband is German and we have a home in Mammoth Lakes and we always go there for his birthday dinner. However, I did NOT receive my 100 dining points. Can you please correct that? Thank you! TINASpecial Features:
- Nice for a change with theStoveTopDined on 2/17/2012Nice for a change with the Austrian/German fare. Very accommodating and nice servicer. Food was good size portions a little pricey though Three of the dishes were good, however, the Roladen was tough, but nice flavor. There was a large noisy party of drinking guys. Should have moved us to another pat of the restaurant, especially since there were other tables available.Special Features: