Austin's Woodfire Grille - Brecksville
8121 Chippewa Rd.
Brecksville, OH 60606Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Austin's Woodfire Grille - Brecksville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.austinsrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4405461003x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday : 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM; Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4: PM; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 9:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Sunday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raffaele Domenico Rescina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater parties of 40 to 400 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining rooms offer groups of up to 50 people with their own personal menu and service
- Private Party Contact: Phil Skoczen 4405461003x
A word from Austin's Woodfire Grille - Brecksville
Austin's Woodfire Grille is located directly across from Heinen's in the heart of Brecksville. At Austin's, we've been cooking the old fashioned way since 1994. We start with the freshest ingredients we can find, delivered to our kitchen each day of the week. We make everything on our menu from scratch, every day. We grill over hardwood, not gas, the way that it was a long time ago. It may not be the fastest or least expensive way to do business, but for us, it is the only way. We want each meal you enjoy with us to be a memorable and delicious one; so we work hard preparing each dish to order, smoking ribs and brisket, filleting fresh fish, hand cutting steaks, preparing homemade soups daily and baking our fresh breads and desserts. It’s a difference you can taste and one we hope you will keep coming back for. At Austin's, everything we do, we do because our customers deserve it. We will always insist on a level of service and quality that helps us deserve you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Austin's Woodfire Grille - Brecksville - Best Restaurants in Brecksville ›
Austin's Woodfire Grille - Brecksville reviews from OpenTable diners
35 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)good for groups (14)special occasion (11)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great ExperienceLynnADined on 9/13/2014Our first time at Austin's in Brecksville was a great experience. We enjoyed the food, service and ambiance! Thank you - we will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Great varied menu. Food was very good. I'll go back.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceCherDined on 8/16/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Filet mignon cooked perfectly. Delicious side vegetables. Shrimp Fettuccine excellent. Serving was quite large, however we wish there were more than only 4 large shrimp. What really made our visit enjoyable was the exceptional service! Shawna was very attentive and personable. We were concerned that service might be slow because a large party was seated about the same time we were seated. But the worry was unnecessary. She did a wonderful job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJSLoveFoodDined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit to Austin's Woodfire Grille. The restaurant was tucked away and a little difficult to find. The service and the food was very good but not exceptional. My wife ordered the New York Strip and I chose a Shrimp & Crab Cake Meal. Her steak was prepared perfectly. The seafood in my opinion was good but didn't warrant the price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice liesurely dinner with friendjaybeckyDined on 8/6/2014Met here to plan an upcoming vacation with my gf. Excellent food, good decor, quiet enough so we could talk. I'm sure we'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Never had a bad meal here. We totally enjoy the stuffed crab mushrooms and have been on the menu for years and always get better. This is my son's favorite place and we have been going there since I believe they were in business. He is now 28.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin's a mustChicagoVIPDined on 7/10/2014Whenever we are in town we come to Austin's for the great food, service and the best COSMOS!!!!Special Features:
- Delayed Father's Day CelebrationDaughterDined on 6/28/2014Excellent service and food Dad really enjoyed his mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinersOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/21/2014As always, great food, great service at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Austin's Woodfire Grillegramto4Dined on 6/4/2014Great food and great service! Wait staff very friendly and efficient. Would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Great experience.funnightDined on 5/28/2014Food was wonderful and priced right. Waiter was very attentive. After reading some of the reviews I was leary, but am glad we made the reservation. It was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Austin's in BrecksvilleJeffDined on 5/24/2014Outstanding food and service, our waiter was friendly and informative about the house specials. The bread was out of this world and the wood fired steaks were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 166 reviews are from the Austin's Woodfire Grille - Brecksville reviews archive.
- WonderfulclevelanderDined on 5/18/2014We ate at Austins on a Sunday night for dinner. We had the Calamari which had an Asian flare, four main items, dessert and cocktails. Everything was exceptional, made from scratch, hot, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Great food. Great service. Can't ask for anything better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMelissaVIPDined on 5/10/2014We started our dining experience with bread, which included corn bread along with a wonderful crusted bread. I had salad, and my husband had the smoked chicken corn chowder which was out of this world. Overall our dining experience was good. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's 85th BirthdayDaughterDined on 5/3/2014Dad choose Austin's to celebrate his 85th birthday. My parents feel very comfortable there. The staff always makes them feel welcome. They enjoy the food. Once again, Dad's expectations were meet. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Easter DinnerRandiDined on 4/20/2014This was a great spot for Easter dinner. Not too crowded. Great Ambiance. This place is a step or two above Outback in both price and quality but not a Flemings or Ruth Chris (in price or quality).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our FavoritesMarkatDined on 4/12/2014Our go to place for every impromptu dinner. We love the food, the manager is friendly and cordial. Great place for a party or just a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Thurs dinnerToddVIPDined on 3/20/2014Overall, had a nice dinner. It was quieter than expected because not many people there. Love the scallops appetizer. Had the seared tuna which was too peppery, but still pretty good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ServiceSarahDined on 3/15/2014The food at Austin's was very good. Two of us had the prime rib, which was cooked to our liking. Another diner in our group had the strip steak, which she enjoyed, and my husband had the ribs, which were delicious. The service was fantastic, and we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchHappyStatzDined on 3/11/2014The food was good, and the service was good. We had a nice time and really prefer to have most of our client lunch meetings at Austins.Special Features:
- Great dinnerSROBBDined on 3/8/2014Dinner and service very good. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night DiningDateKnightDined on 2/21/2014My wife and I were very pleasd with the service, food, and atmosphere. Thank you Austin's Woodfire Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still UndecidedleshaDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I went to Austin's for Valentine's day weekend. The service was horrible! We had to change our reservation time to a later date and once we arrived on time, we still had to wait. The staff hardly acknowledged us and never once greeted us in a friendly manner. This was our first time going to this place so I expected a litte bit more professionalism. Some of the waitresses had on regular clothes and the place was a little bit off. It was very noisy and like i said the staff didnt pay us any attention until everyone almost cleared out the place. Our appetizer came AFTER our entree as well.Special Features:
- Main entrée very good. DisappointedmrronDined on 2/14/2014Main entrée very good. Disappointed in Austin salads which were warm and not at all crispy. Everything else was good. Service slow, probably due to Valentine's Day crowd. Salad served at same time as main entrée. Overall, it was enjoyable but not the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved our dinner. ThanksPOLARBEARDined on 2/14/2014We loved our dinner. Thanks open table. One note to the chef. My guests all loved their dishes: 2 surf and turf, one sirloin. I had the seared tuna and I was disappointed with the wasabi sauce and sesame soy dips. They were both very bland and I had to have our server bring out a tangy orange-colored sauce and a barbecue sauce that both helped saved the dish. The mixed vegetable medley and onions and mushroom dishes were excellent. Please contact me if you would like to discuss. Thanks again for a great evening, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, HVAC needs adjustingJohnDined on 2/8/2014The food at Austin's is consistently very good. The choice of two side dishes is a little off because all but the vegetable are starches. I like coming to Austin's, but the heating and air conditioning system sometimes makes my visits unpleasant. I usually find the restaurant too cold and drafty. That was again the case on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin steak.BlackbearDined on 2/4/2014Cut of steak was great. Taste and size. Looked crowded, but once inside... was roomy and spacious. Was noisy. Just right for a couple to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCruiserDined on 2/1/2014Great food, 5 star quality. Represented within my party were dishes including steak, seafood, and pasta (with steak in it), and all the dishes were outstanding. The food was served VERY fast, and cooked to order. Appetizers rocked. Ambiance cannot be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationDaughterDined on 2/1/2014It was my friends first time at Austins. They were impressed with the quality of the meal and the service. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall, but a bit loudgrzgDined on 1/31/2014Good food and service, but a little too loud for conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice neighborhood steakhouse.kab1120Dined on 1/18/2014We have dined at Austin's many times and always enjoy our experience. I had a taste for a nice steak and was able to snag a reservation for four on a Saturday night via Open Table. (We had made last minute plans to see a movie and could not chance walking-in somewhere.) Everything was great - from my "Crown Jewel" martini to the petite filet and grilled shrimp I devoured! Austin's never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ambianceronpatDined on 12/31/2013The fireplace room is very cozy, especially on a cold winter night like the night we visited. The wedge salad and thick cut parmesan potato wedges were excellent. We both had ribeye steaks which were good but not better than we have had elsewhere. Our server Nicki was excellent. Very friendly and prompt, even though it was busy.
- New Years EveTASSDined on 12/31/2013We made reservations more than 6 weeks prior to New Years Eve 2013 for 18 people. I called twice after that to eliminate 4 guests and the second time to confirm our reservation. Never, during any of my conversations with the reservation coordinator, was I told that there was a 2 hr. dining window. When we arrived, we were told as we were seated, that we should look the limited menu over and order because they were going to strictly enforce a 2 hr dining experience. I said I wasn't told that on the phone. The waiter said that there were 300 reservations and everyone would have to eat and leave. Our entire party will be moving to another venue next year. Needless to say - VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin's A Gem In BrecksvillePattiDined on 12/27/2013Had a fabulous experience at this wonderful restaurant last Friday. There to celebrate a co-worker's retirement. From the great welcome, to our fantastic service by Michelle, to the delicious food, we four could not be happier. Despite the two hour drive from our home in Pittsburgh, I'd return to this wonderful restaurant any time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Worth the MoneyTheFinickyFoodieDined on 12/7/2013My favorite things: lower noise level; tender barbecued chicken; exceptional tasting Chardonnay; bread with a soft texture, substantial but mild taste and a crunchy crust and a nicely attentive waiter. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin ReviewFergyDined on 11/30/2013Most important was seating as guests arrived. We were able to enjoy drinks and conversation from that moment. Service was prompt. Server was friendly. Presentation of dinners were appealing to the eye. All of our party were pleased with all phases of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4 Stars for Austin'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2013Austin's has always had good food (especially the soups) and good service, and did not disappoint on this visit. The grouper sandwich with very crispy fries and creamy cole slaw were very tasty. I will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Martini'sWinslowjc3rdDined on 11/1/2013Our meal was very pleasant. The food was tasty but the martini's were fabulous! They have a page of fun martini's that were very delicious! Both my friend and I ordered the small filet and were very happy with it. The service was acceptable, but not over the top outstanding. I would go back if I was in the area.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationDaughterDined on 10/25/2013Celebrated my mom's 84th Birthday. Food was very good as usual. She really enjoyed herself. Highly recommend.Special Features: