Austin's Woodfire Grille - Brecksville
8121 Chippewa Rd.
Brecksville, OH 60606Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Austin's Woodfire Grille - Brecksville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.austinsrestaurants.com/
- Phone: (440) 546-1003
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday : 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM; Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 4: PM; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 9:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Sunday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Raffaele Domenico Rescina
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater parties of 40 to 400 people.
- Private Party Facilities: Our dining rooms offer groups of up to 50 people with their own personal menu and service
- Private Party Contact: Phil Skoczen 4405461003x
A word from Austin's Woodfire Grille - Brecksville
Austin's Woodfire Grille is located directly across from Heinen's in the heart of Brecksville. At Austin's, we've been cooking the old fashioned way since 1994. We start with the freshest ingredients we can find, delivered to our kitchen each day of the week. We make everything on our menu from scratch, every day. We grill over hardwood, not gas, the way that it was a long time ago. It may not be the fastest or least expensive way to do business, but for us, it is the only way. We want each meal you enjoy with us to be a memorable and delicious one; so we work hard preparing each dish to order, smoking ribs and brisket, filleting fresh fish, hand cutting steaks, preparing homemade soups daily and baking our fresh breads and desserts. It’s a difference you can taste and one we hope you will keep coming back for. At Austin's, everything we do, we do because our customers deserve it. We will always insist on a level of service and quality that helps us deserve you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Austin's Woodfire Grille - Brecksville reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)special occasion (13)good for groups (12)fit for foodies (8)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- The food was great!nikkoDined on 11/21/2014The food was great! When the chef Ralph stopped by to ask us how dinner was,not only was it a nice personal gesture, but he was very professional and new what he was talking about. I would highly recommend the sesame crusted ahi tuna if you care for seafood, excellent! My girlfriend had the prime rib, once again excellent. It was prepared perfectly. I hate when you go to a steakhouse and their specialty is prepared improperly! I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!ParmaFoodiesDined on 11/8/2014Always a good place to go, good food and good serviceSpecial Features:
- excellent groupergustavoDined on 11/1/2014Found this place using open table app while travel for sports with the kids. We all had late lunch style meals. Smoky chicken chili was great, salads were good. The grouper sandwich was one of the best I've had outside of Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not quite greatThomasDined on 10/24/2014Wife and I went for date night. Big menu. App came out fast, food was quick too. Overall food was really good, our main issue is the price for the quantity and quality of what you get. App, one martini, three beers and two dinner meals totaled $90. Like I said food was pretty good but for that much there are several true fine dining joints around that are far better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodN800Dined on 10/18/2014The food was good, a little high on the cost of things, service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentparentsnightoutDined on 10/18/2014We had a delicious meal and excellent service. 0 complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatcookmyselfDined on 10/17/2014Server Dave was great. Eat there often at bar and table depending on day and companions. When eating at bar Carmen is a great bartender. Food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2eatluv2eatVIPDined on 10/4/2014We've eaten there many times and there is never a disappointment. Everything was delicious and hot!!!!! Our waitress was delightful . Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Melt in your mouth!AvaSDined on 10/3/2014Having read other Open Table reviews we decided, after 20 years, to give Austin's another try. The Dan's Ribeye was done perfectly and was delicious!! Although the dining room was packed, we were able to converse easily and the service was not damaged by a large table with young children nearby who shared our waiter, Dave. He was seemingly everywhere at once and, except for calling us 'you guys', was helpful and efficient. The price points were high enough (with tip, over $100) to move this into a less-than-monthly visit, but we enjoyed ourselves!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine steakhouse diningdiningwellDined on 9/19/2014Wonderful setting with steak house decor of wood panels and iron, well kept and polished. Greeted promptly by respectful staff who never referred to us as "you guys" rather "Miss and Sir." Checked on frequently. Appetizers and soups brought promptly as well as delightful corn muffins and bread. Special request for garlic related allergy handled professionally and food was served just at the right time, Calamari delightful as served polynesian style, crab cakes with aoli paired tastefully and French Onion soups tastefull with well-carmelized onions and robust stock not laden with salt. Salads were not water-drenched; crisp and full of market vegetables with taste. Filets, lobsters and crab cakes prepared to order. Desserts to go, mmm.Special Features:
- Great bsns dinner locationregulardinerDined on 9/17/2014Excellent choice for an informal business meeting, prior to an evening presentation to a group of 50 at a different location. Menu was quite varied in spite of the steakhouse image. My group was ethnically diverse, so have diverse dietary preferences. Austin's menu contained abundant opportunities for all. The quality of both the service and food were excellent. We have used Austin's in the past, and will continue to patronize it in the future for our small gatherings.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceLynnADined on 9/13/2014Our first time at Austin's in Brecksville was a great experience. We enjoyed the food, service and ambiance! Thank you - we will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- RalphDined on 9/3/2014Great varied menu. Food was very good. I'll go back.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceCherDined on 8/16/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Filet mignon cooked perfectly. Delicious side vegetables. Shrimp Fettuccine excellent. Serving was quite large, however we wish there were more than only 4 large shrimp. What really made our visit enjoyable was the exceptional service! Shawna was very attentive and personable. We were concerned that service might be slow because a large party was seated about the same time we were seated. But the worry was unnecessary. She did a wonderful job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerJSLoveFoodDined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit to Austin's Woodfire Grille. The restaurant was tucked away and a little difficult to find. The service and the food was very good but not exceptional. My wife ordered the New York Strip and I chose a Shrimp & Crab Cake Meal. Her steak was prepared perfectly. The seafood in my opinion was good but didn't warrant the price tag.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice liesurely dinner with friendjaybeckyDined on 8/6/2014Met here to plan an upcoming vacation with my gf. Excellent food, good decor, quiet enough so we could talk. I'm sure we'll be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Never had a bad meal here. We totally enjoy the stuffed crab mushrooms and have been on the menu for years and always get better. This is my son's favorite place and we have been going there since I believe they were in business. He is now 28.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 172 reviews are from the Austin's Woodfire Grille - Brecksville reviews archive.
- Austin's a mustChicagoVIPDined on 7/10/2014Whenever we are in town we come to Austin's for the great food, service and the best COSMOS!!!!Special Features:
- Delayed Father's Day CelebrationDaughterVIPDined on 6/28/2014Excellent service and food Dad really enjoyed his mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinersCorkyDined on 6/21/2014As always, great food, great service at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Austin's Woodfire Grillegramto4Dined on 6/4/2014Great food and great service! Wait staff very friendly and efficient. Would recommend to others.Special Features:
- Great experience.funnightDined on 5/28/2014Food was wonderful and priced right. Waiter was very attentive. After reading some of the reviews I was leary, but am glad we made the reservation. It was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Austin's in BrecksvilleJeffDined on 5/24/2014Outstanding food and service, our waiter was friendly and informative about the house specials. The bread was out of this world and the wood fired steaks were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulclevelanderDined on 5/18/2014We ate at Austins on a Sunday night for dinner. We had the Calamari which had an Asian flare, four main items, dessert and cocktails. Everything was exceptional, made from scratch, hot, and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014Great food. Great service. Can't ask for anything better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMelissaVIPDined on 5/10/2014We started our dining experience with bread, which included corn bread along with a wonderful crusted bread. I had salad, and my husband had the smoked chicken corn chowder which was out of this world. Overall our dining experience was good. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dad's 85th BirthdayDaughterVIPDined on 5/3/2014Dad choose Austin's to celebrate his 85th birthday. My parents feel very comfortable there. The staff always makes them feel welcome. They enjoy the food. Once again, Dad's expectations were meet. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Easter DinnerRandiDined on 4/20/2014This was a great spot for Easter dinner. Not too crowded. Great Ambiance. This place is a step or two above Outback in both price and quality but not a Flemings or Ruth Chris (in price or quality).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our FavoritesMarkatDined on 4/12/2014Our go to place for every impromptu dinner. We love the food, the manager is friendly and cordial. Great place for a party or just a nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Thurs dinnerToddVIPDined on 3/20/2014Overall, had a nice dinner. It was quieter than expected because not many people there. Love the scallops appetizer. Had the seared tuna which was too peppery, but still pretty good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ServiceSarahDined on 3/15/2014The food at Austin's was very good. Two of us had the prime rib, which was cooked to our liking. Another diner in our group had the strip steak, which she enjoyed, and my husband had the ribs, which were delicious. The service was fantastic, and we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchHappyStatzDined on 3/11/2014The food was good, and the service was good. We had a nice time and really prefer to have most of our client lunch meetings at Austins.Special Features:
- Great dinnerSROBBVIPDined on 3/8/2014Dinner and service very good. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date Night DiningDateKnightDined on 2/21/2014My wife and I were very pleasd with the service, food, and atmosphere. Thank you Austin's Woodfire Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still UndecidedleshaDined on 2/15/2014My husband and I went to Austin's for Valentine's day weekend. The service was horrible! We had to change our reservation time to a later date and once we arrived on time, we still had to wait. The staff hardly acknowledged us and never once greeted us in a friendly manner. This was our first time going to this place so I expected a litte bit more professionalism. Some of the waitresses had on regular clothes and the place was a little bit off. It was very noisy and like i said the staff didnt pay us any attention until everyone almost cleared out the place. Our appetizer came AFTER our entree as well.Special Features:
- Main entrée very good. DisappointedmrronDined on 2/14/2014Main entrée very good. Disappointed in Austin salads which were warm and not at all crispy. Everything else was good. Service slow, probably due to Valentine's Day crowd. Salad served at same time as main entrée. Overall, it was enjoyable but not the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved our dinner. ThanksPOLARBEARDined on 2/14/2014We loved our dinner. Thanks open table. One note to the chef. My guests all loved their dishes: 2 surf and turf, one sirloin. I had the seared tuna and I was disappointed with the wasabi sauce and sesame soy dips. They were both very bland and I had to have our server bring out a tangy orange-colored sauce and a barbecue sauce that both helped saved the dish. The mixed vegetable medley and onions and mushroom dishes were excellent. Please contact me if you would like to discuss. Thanks again for a great evening, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, HVAC needs adjustingJohnDined on 2/8/2014The food at Austin's is consistently very good. The choice of two side dishes is a little off because all but the vegetable are starches. I like coming to Austin's, but the heating and air conditioning system sometimes makes my visits unpleasant. I usually find the restaurant too cold and drafty. That was again the case on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Austin steak.BlackbearDined on 2/4/2014Cut of steak was great. Taste and size. Looked crowded, but once inside... was roomy and spacious. Was noisy. Just right for a couple to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCruiserDined on 2/1/2014Great food, 5 star quality. Represented within my party were dishes including steak, seafood, and pasta (with steak in it), and all the dishes were outstanding. The food was served VERY fast, and cooked to order. Appetizers rocked. Ambiance cannot be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.