Austin's Smokin' Steakhouse
6535 Wilson Mills Rd.
Mayfield Village, OH 44143Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Austin's Smokin' Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.austinsrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 4404424340x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM, Sunday: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 PM - 9:30 PM, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 PM - 10:30 PM, Sunday: 4:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater parties of 40 to 400 people.
A word from Austin's Smokin' Steakhouse
At Austin's, we've been cooking the old fashioned way since 1994. We start with the freshest ingredients we can find, delivered to our kitchen each day of the week. We make everything on our menu from scratch, every day. We grill over hardwood, not gas, the way that it was a long time ago. It may not be the fastest or least expensive way to do business, but for us, it is the only way. We want each meal you enjoy with us to be a memorable and delicious one; so we work hard preparing each dish to order, smoking ribs and brisket, filleting fresh fish, hand cutting steaks, preparing homemade soups daily and baking our fresh breads and desserts. Its a difference you can taste and one we hope you will keep coming back for. At Austin's, everything we do, we do because our customers deserve it. We will always insist on a level of service and quality that helps us deserve you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Austin's Smokin' Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Mayfield Village ›
Austin's Smokin' Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (8)good for groups (6)fit for foodies (5)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Needs updatingPlayhouseRegularDined on 10/14/2014This restaurant is old and tired and in need of Restaurant Impossible soon. Food was fair, but for an Austin's, it did not meet my expectations.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood placeKarMcMDined on 10/1/2014Food was excellent, service was good and the drinks were good. Nice variety of foods including some vegetarian selections ! Usually don't find that at good restaurants. We celebrate here often!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/15/2014Have gone there for years. Great neighborhood place. Take out good too. Arlene SchreiberSpecial Features:
- Good food - improve vegetablesBashaDined on 8/14/2014Good food, however there should be multiple vegetable choices with a dinner entrée other than brussel spouts.Special Features:
- fajitas are excellent!stigs63Dined on 8/10/2014Karen is the best server there knows the menu and is very pleasant to deal !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great lunchScottVIPDined on 8/5/2014Food outstanding, prompt service, can not ask fr moreSpecial Features:
- weirdjeannbe1Dined on 8/1/2014Old decor, felt like I was in an 80's time warp. Food overpriced.
- MrWonderfulVIPDined on 7/28/2014Food was extremely tasty and covered a wide variety of menu optionsSpecial Features:
- All around good place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Never had a bad meal at Austin---in fact planning to go back for another Smoked Prime Rib next weekendSpecial Features:
- Sorry to give a bad reviewjanetgVIPDined on 7/19/2014My cosmo was awful. Should be cranberry juice based. This was maraschino cherry liquid based. Yuk! Never complained, but was awful. Ordered a ribeye ($26) medium rare. Received a ribeye that was 1/4" thick on one side. The other side was maybe 3/4" thick. Not even remotely cut evenly. Told the waitress immediately. Her response was that's the way he cut it....Really. I said for what I was paying I expect a piece of steak cut uniformly. Realize I wasn't being cheap as I ordered a side lobster tail which was fine. Next ribeye came out fine, but husband was done eating. Probably not going back again. Considering the price we paid for our meal, we have had much better meals elsewhere. Check my other reviews.
- Well Done!FormerBankerMarcDined on 7/12/2014We had great ribs with a sauce that was absolutely super. The wait staff was friendly and very competent. A wonderful neighborhood spot the should not be missed.Special Features:
- DissapointedObanRDined on 7/9/2014I have been to Austin's a few times and although I have never been WOW'd it was always good, reasonable priced and in the neighborhood. But I think that this was my last time. My wife's Center Cut Port Chop was like shoe leather and my friend's Brisket was more fat than meat. It is a shame as I came to Cleveland from Houston and it would be nice to have an excellent BBQ house close bye.
- We Love KarennothappyVIPDined on 7/5/2014This was the visit that put me at 5,000 points! The food was great but we especially enjoy our chats with our server.... Karen. My wife and I frequent Austin's and would recommend it to all.Special Features:
- The following 108 reviews are from the Austin's Smokin' Steakhouse reviews archive.
- KarennothappyVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food as always was wonderful except there was only one trout dinner and my wife and I both would have liked trout. Our server Karen was wonderful as always and we were very happy with everything.Special Features:
- Good foodDebKDined on 6/20/2014Steak was kind of overdone. Salad was good - no iceberg lettuce, not drowned in dressing. French onion soup had lots of onions. Bread was just out of oven, but we had to ask for it. My daughter ordered a lemonade, but we weren't told until she wanted a refill that it was a bar drink and refills are $1.50. Was a tad noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrWonderfulVIPDined on 6/20/2014The steaks were quite tasty. The fish was delicious. The service was very nice.Special Features:
- Alert managerTomGDined on 6/15/2014I was impressed that the manager called to say that my reservation at 10:15 (via Opentable) needed to be changed as they did not open until 11:00! Saved me 45 minutes of frustration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrockDined on 6/7/2014Actually, there was too much food for us and we had to take it all home. In that way we could enjoy it twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodLatenightsupperVIPDined on 5/17/2014We go often and enjoy the food. Servers are nice.Special Features:
- Consistently ComfortablebuckeyegalVIPDined on 4/26/2014Where you go to meet your neighbors, family or friends for a quick meal that consistently delivers service, food and a lively conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GoodFormerBankerMarcDined on 4/26/2014The food at Austin's is always good but what made our visit memorable was our server. Heather has waited on us before but it has been several months since our last visit. She remembered us AND what we ate our last time there. She was great and we will certainly return to Austin's in the future.Special Features:
- Hits The Spot!HappyDinerVIPDined on 4/4/2014We are at Austins on a fairly regular basis. Weekends are the time for Prime Rib and they do an excellent medium rare version. My wife had the Salmon, cooked medium as she likes it. The house salad is wonderful. We count on consistancy and get it here. The waitstaff is always attentive and friendly. This is a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Great lunch spot for working peopleMaryDined on 4/2/2014Food tastes great; service is good, and food arrives at the table quickly.Special Features:
- I recommend that you PASSEdwardVIPDined on 3/18/2014I recommend that you PASS this one up! Cold food; some spoiled in fact.
- Like itObanRDined on 3/13/2014When you want good food at a reasonable this is the place. The ambience and service are OK and nothing spectacular respectively, but the food is worth the visit. Especially like the ribs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mayfield Hts best kept secretOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/28/2014We have tried Austin's twice, both times we had fish. We were so happy with our meals. Even though it is a 'steakhouse', try going there for the fish!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Casual diningGeoGuzDined on 2/21/2014Our favorite local eatery. Open Table very helpful in getting fast reservations for groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a great time on V dayLADY417Dined on 2/14/2014had a great time on V day the atomosphere was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall okayCindyDined on 2/14/2014Food was okay. Nothing out of the ordinary. The price was very high in relation to the quality of the food. The service however, was great. When they are so busy as on a holiday there is little space to wait for your table. Wasn't what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerLIBRA50MAN1Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I had dinner on Valentine's Day evening. She had shrimp wrapped in bacon and I had the stuffed fish. Dinner was excellent. Thank You!Special Features:
- Disappointed with Austin'sCinjagVIPDined on 2/1/2014It seems this restaurant is on a downward spin. We always counted on Austin's for a good meal with good service. For the second time, our food (salmon) was overcooked and tough. The side dish (baked potato) was fine and the salad was uninspired. The request to withhold the dressing was missed. The wait staff was a bit blunt and dispensed with any pleasantries. When it was time to order, our waiter issued a military-style "Go!" He did warm up toward the completion of dinner. To be fair, we could have sent our meals back to be cooked properly, but the hour was late and we just made do. Unless we hear raves somewhere down the road, we will not be returning to Austin's.
- Very niceOdellDined on 2/1/2014Overall feel was good for a family. Large booth. Bar was nice. Food was goodSpecial Features:
- We got lucky with ths choiceBobdVIPDined on 1/27/2014On one of the coldest nights, we did not want to venture far for dinner. The GPS said Austin's was .1 miles from the hotel and the prices seemed reasonable. We were extremely pleased with the food and service which was personal and attentive. The seating area was rustic and of course a bit on the loud side but did not detract from the experience. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!JaneDined on 1/25/2014We enjoy the relaxed feeling and comfortable dining. We have returned many time to Austins because of the varity of food they offer. Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can you say fa he ta !!stigs63Dined on 1/24/2014They're fajitas are to die for perfectly seasoned every time. Brisket sandwiches are delightful the server was at your call you must ask for Karen she knew any question related to the menu and went above our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What about the prime rib?KgngDined on 12/31/2013No delicious, succulent hickory smoked prime rib available by the time of our reservation. That is a shame because that is what Austin's is famous for. Service was otherwise impeccable, as always at Austin'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shopping in the neighborhood...UzsumcentsDined on 12/21/2013This restaurant was a random selection while shopping in the area. We were sat at a very off table right at the door with seats for people waiting to be seated attached to the booth. THIS WAS NOT GOOD. It was like the restaurant stuck a booth there to seat another group, but this makes it very awkward when people are staring at you eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceshopsterDined on 12/19/2013This is a neighborhood staple and I would like it to stay around but I think the service is poor. I never got an offer for a beer refill until halfway finished with my meal. Never offered dessert. We had a birthday at the table and nothing special for her, etc. etc. The food was ok but the salmon was burnt on the bottom. She said they cook all their fish til done. They sure do! Not for foodies and there really isn't a wine list. We weren't offered one an;yhow. No bar scene. No outdoor diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but dimly litfromroyaltyDined on 12/14/2013Our table was about the 3rd booth in from the door, and it was very dimly lit. I think all the booths were. It seemed more well-lit out in the main dining area. Also, every time the door opened we were hit with a cold blast. I put my coat over my legs. The food was very good, and the service was outstanding! Both our servers were friendly and attentive. My crabcakes and shrimp dinner was delicious, but my boyfriend's Austin Steak was butter-knife tender, and VERRRRY delish!! It was a fun evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantCrockDined on 12/14/2013We have been many times to the restaurant and the food quality and service are very consistent, VERY GOOD. I would highly recommend this local place to anyone in the neighborhood or someone a few miles away. Definitely worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.