Aussie And The Fox
38 W. King Street
Lancaster, PA 17603Neighborhood:
AustralianPrice: $30 and under
Aussie And The Fox
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.aussieandthefox.com/
- Phone: 7178264040
- Hours of Operation:
Breaskfast: Friday & Saturday: 7:00am - 10:45am
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 1:45pm
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:45pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Australian
- Executive Chef: Matthew Scalzo, Daniella Ward
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Aussie And The Fox
A unique blend of Australian and American cuisine. Our fare is local, fresh and imaginative with vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Aussie And The Fox - Best Restaurants in Lancaster ›
Aussie And The Fox reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (82)neighborhood gem (68)special occasion (67)romantic (45)great for brunch (36)good for groups (35)great for lunch (34)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (24)notable wine list (14)late-night find (14)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Fun place with an Australian flairThefeldfolkDined on 9/9/2014This is the second time I've dined here: once at lunch and once at dinner. Restaurant has a friendly, casual atmosphere. The service was good and we really liked most of the food: familiar with a twist. I wouldn't recommend the Caesar salad, but the Inkers (calamarie) were excellent. Although it's on a busy street, numerous close parking lots make it convenient to get to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AussieequalsAwesomeDined on 9/9/2014We came to Aussie And The Fox for our 8 year wedding anniversary lunch after a show at the Sight and Sound Threater. The ambiance, food and service was awesome. The pear cider was great, the inkers were breaded just right, chili aoli sauce was just spicy enough and the Aussie burger with the runny egg was really good. My wife and I will definitely be coming back during dinner and late-night in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyBeejDined on 9/7/2014Had brunch here for my daughter's birthday. It was lovely in all aspects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Brunch SpotLocavoreLadyDined on 9/7/2014Aussie and The Fox is one of my favorite places to take friends who come to visit. Their brunch is absolutely delicious and the sunny window seats give a great view of bustling downtown Lancaster. I visited last Saturday and everyone, even my family member with a very restricted medical diet, was able to find something they absolutely loved (oh and the coffee? SO GOOD). My only comment would be that at times the service was a bit off with long waits despite a mostly empty restaurant by the end of brunch service, but overall our waitress was very kind and helpful. Will definitely go back again, and again, and again...Special Features:
- Fantastic food. Wonderful service.KLeonDined on 9/7/2014Fantastic food. Wonderful service and atmosphere. I've gone for brunch one Sunday a month for the past 6 months. I've never been disappointed. I think I'm in love with their Bloody Mary's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aussie and the FoxChristina1703Dined on 9/6/2014This was our second time to the restaurant. The food was delicious. The service was a little slow but not bad. There was one large group there that was very loud. Not sure the restaurant could do much about it. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant colors!!!SLF2013Dined on 9/5/2014Nice location, friendly service, clean place, great for large groups. Food quality and selection, it is just "OK"Special Features:
- Howie24Dined on 9/4/2014We have dined at this facility may times and find the menu is great ( an opportunity for vegans and those who a gluten intolerant) and the offerings change with local produce/ meat availability and seasonal specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbeyDined on 9/2/2014It was a great time. Heidi was a fantastic server. The tuna was prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok at bestFoodie1966Dined on 8/31/2014This was my third visit and I'm still waiting to be wowed. Guess it's not going to happen. Service was good she was very friendly so that made experience betterI would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceDinesout5Dined on 8/9/2014The service was extremely slow the night we dined there. Of our 4 entrées, one was fine, two were passable and the fourth was practically inedible. The meat in the dish was extremely fatty and the presentation was unappealing. The only positive thing was a good bottle of wine and a decent appetizer. We were less than impressed.Special Features:
- JaneDined on 8/6/2014Food was excellent. Had the caesar salad with sauteed calamari. Excellent. Had a gazpacho which had pineapple in it and it gave it a great flavor.Special Features:
- Great food, friendly staffnsmnsmDined on 8/5/2014We had an amazing dinner. The drinks from the bar were fabulous, the salmon special was delicious and the ambiance is amazing. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Outstandingtable42Dined on 8/2/2014Dinner was a night out for 2 and though the restaurant was full our table was quiet and intimate. We were greeted by the very personable host Colin. The food was one of the best we have had in Lancaster. We started with Inkers that were cooked to perfection followed by steak and salmon dishes that were absolutely delicious and ended with Affogato for dessert. If you are looking for great food, beautiful setting and a high level of service look no further than this place - you will not be disappointed. We have added the Aussie and the Fox to our restaurants to go for our clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambience!1stTimeCustomerDined on 8/1/2014I love this restaurant's atmosphere and eclectic crowd. They also had live music. My meal of the fresh fish of the day was very good. Soup and salads were great. There were five in our group. Some were very pleased and some felt their meals were just ok. Next time I would like to sit at the bar and try some of the appetizers which sounded very appealing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dinner outLivingLancasterDined on 8/1/2014We've been to A&tF three times and each time has been great. Their winter menu was fantastic. Third time in August didn't have as many "can't decide between" items, but probably just a personal preference. Nice beer selection; 6 rotating micro drafts and ~20 mixed bottles. My wife loves their wine list. The owner usually stops by to make sure things are going well. Really nice to see another quality eatery open downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trying to be a foodie placeGreenvilleSueDined on 8/1/2014The menu looked promising, but was disappointing. Many people seemed to be ordering sandwiches and various fried appetizers and were enjoying them immensely. We ordered some more ambitious entrees, a seafood and a meat, and were disappointed in the presentation. Too much sauce. Too much vermouth in the martinis! An unfortunate accident involving spilling and breaking things when the server arrived with our food was not handled well. Staff were slow to respond, and then only partially cleaned up the mess. Being given a card for a free dessert after we had paid the bill was a poor way to handle it, expecting us to purchase another meal in order to use the "sorry" credit.Special Features:
- Good Find!esskaybeeDined on 7/26/2014My boyfriend studied abroad in Australia and loved it. He lives in Lancaster, so I found this little themed gem and made a reservation. He loved it. Very relaxing and trendy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite place in LancasterLancasterRestaurantsDined on 7/26/2014This was my second visit to A&F and, like the first time, I had a great time. I met some friends here for lunch, and two of them are super-picky eaters. Even they were happy with the menu selections and the food. We had a blast! Our server, Natalie, was awesome - friendly and helpful but not intrusive. She answered all the questions the picky eaters asked her with humor and helpfulness.Special Features:
- Overall amazing experiencePatrickDined on 7/25/2014First they offer drinks, and if you are into cocktails they have a nice selection of unique ones as well as a few beers on tap and about 5 wines available by glass. Appetizers are a nice mix of standard and unique but the ones I had were great. Dinner selection was also a mix of standard and unique dishes, and I went with the steak, which was fantastic. Dessert was also unique and quite satisfying. Service was quick and friendly and everything about the place seemed well thought out and organized. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, since there are many choices.Special Features:
- Great addition 2 downtown LancasterHealthiDinerDined on 7/23/2014Great lunch! Menu offers a wide variety for everybody. Service and atmosphere was outstanding.Special Features:
- Could be so much moreitsallrelevantDined on 7/20/2014The restaurant itself is very nice but my brunch wasn't. I had the egg croquet Madame, which was burnt and hard. Home fries were burnt and it took quite a long time to get our food.
- downtown Lancaster must visit1lancasternativereturnsDined on 7/20/2014Vegan options. Creative dishes. Loved the exposed brick walls and orange banquettes.Special Features:
- Great food, great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014We were a table of four and each of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals! The mushroom pakoras were spiced just right and the onion chutney was banging. We had the naked calamari as well, and the dish was beyond excellent. Though it was busy (it was 8:30 on a Saturday night) our servers were on point and tended to our every need. A decent variety of very reasonably priced wines and an inventive cocktail menu made the meal even better.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantRunr4lifeDined on 7/18/2014This is a great addition to Lancaster. Great food, location, service, and ambiance! Will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the menu!!!PepperDined on 7/18/2014The menu has a lot to choose from, favorites so far are their soups! But also the pulled pork was excellent!! Also loved my drink the Sydney sunset.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wednesday at A&FHungrygirlDined on 7/16/2014Disappointed that they couldn't make the drink that was requested, then made a drink that wasn't very good instead and uncharged for it. Really?! Never had an up charge for an appletini made with half vodka half pucker at pressroom, checkers, Gibraltar, belvedere, I could go on. Tables too close together. Not much privacy for a conversation, mine as well be family style dining.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014My friend and I ate here on a Wednesday evening for a "let's catch up" date. I loved this place as soon as I walked in. The decor is so unique, and beautiful! Our waitress was super friendly and attentive, and the owner even made a stop at all the tables while we were there. Great guy! The menu isn't huge, but it was hard to decide because everything sounded amazing! We got the Crispy Cauli as an appetizer...out of this world!! Highly recommend. I got the Veggie Flatbread for my meal, and the Salted Caramel Pecan Tart for dessert, both amazing! I cannot wait to go back. Thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic mealneedingsometimeawayDined on 7/12/2014LOVED this restaurant! The phone was amazing and the service excellent! The "naked" inkers (calamari) were the best I've had in many years! Great depth of flavors in all the dishes. Everything prepared to perfection. Nice wine list. We were so impressed, we went back for brunch the next day,which was equally wonderful. Loved the decor, and live music too. We will be back again and have been highly recommending this great find!Special Features:
- lunch meetingGRodeoDined on 7/12/2014Aussie and the fox staff were great. But caution to those who are gluten intolerant and not just dieting. They fry their cauliflower in the same oil as the battered items in the menu. The food was delicious though. I would recommend the cocktails. We had a long lunch indoors and loved the decor. But there were inexplicably a bunch of flies towards the end of our meal. I would go back. ... I am hopeful this was a one time dissatisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellenteat2muchDined on 7/11/2014Excellent service and food. Menu was limited but what they had was outstanding. My burger with the fried egg was a pleasant surprise and we were seating within minutes of arriving. Atmosphere was electric as well, as was our service.Special Features:
- Aussie and the FoxgirlsnightoutDined on 7/10/2014We enjoyed everything about Aussie and the Fox, especially our ability to chat for a while without being rushed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Miss Aussie And The Fox!Echidna7Dined on 7/10/2014Aussie and the Fox is a very attractive, spacious restaurant with a touch of sophistication and class. Food and service is excellent and the menu has an eclectic range of dishes to choose from. The food is beautifully presented and the portions just right for our taste. We had a very enjoyable lunch and a delightful dining experience. I am vegetarian and was grateful for the tasty choices of vegetarian and vegan food along side the varied meat dishes.. The price is reasonable and the server was attentive and discrete. We look forward to going back there. Oh, and there is parking right across the street!Special Features:
- ccc3Dined on 7/8/2014have enjoyed this restaurant many times. Brought our friends who are gourmet diners and they loved it. Waitress great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The way dining out is meant to be..alegreconciergeDined on 7/5/2014What a delicious blend of flavors, textures and tastes for each and every dish from appetizers to the entree! Wonderful presentation. I am sorry to say I was too full to have dessert, but was truly tempted by the dessert offerings. All the servers were friendly and the service itself was very good. Aussie and The Fox has made their mark on the downtown dining scene!Special Features:
- Amazing....luv2dineDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful...Mr. Fox graciously introduced himself and told us a bit about the restaurant's history, which was very interesting. Actually, I think it is my new favorite Lancaster restaurant....right next to Gibraltor......that is quite a compliment. It has a New York flare. Can't wait to return....Special Features:
- Impeccable EverythingJoshuaCDined on 7/3/2014I was out with a friend and found out that he has never had calamari. Well, this was the place to try it, so he did and loved it. I've had all of their apps and they are all stunning. The Aussie Burger is so delicious with the most amazing toppings. If you'd like a similar experience for your taste buds but don't want the meat or carbs, order the A&F salad. Some of the special items that they do so well are Apple Butter, beets, and pickles as well as a Thai sauce and aioli for their amazing sweet potato fries. I've never had a bad experience here and I come here regularly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before the showeatoutoftenDined on 7/3/2014The food was delicious. Mixed drinks had a mixed review from our party of 4. We needed to get to the Fulton Theater by 7:30. Came at 6:00. Took a little long to get our drinks. Service could have been snappier, but the waitress was pleasant and accommodating. Didn't have time for dessert. We could have if getting the drinks had been quicker (took 20 minutes). We would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim DocOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Very nice place. Limited menu, but service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceLancasterRestaurantsDined on 6/25/2014We had a blast at Aussie & The Fox. Unique foods and offerings - even the ice tea is different (green tea w/strawberry & rhubarb flavors). The four of us each ordered something different, and we were all satisfied with our choices. Our server was attentive without being obnoxious or intrusive. Loved the seating arrangements and the comfy chairs. Will definitely go back to Aussie & The Fox.Special Features: