60 Purchase Street
Rye, NY 10580Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://zhospitalitygroup.com/aurora/
- Phone: 9149212333
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Aurora
Located on Purchase Street in the quaint, seaside town of Rye, New York, Aurora ushers diners into an authentic Italian oasis, where the smell of wood-fired pizzas, rich, homemade pastas, and sumptuous entrees create a mouth-watering welcome. The restaurant’s bright, airy interior and soft color palette call to mind a Tuscan dawn, providing a soothing and sophisticated backdrop for an unforgettable meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aurora reviews from OpenTable diners
- So DisappointedChowHoundVIPDined on 9/21/2013The reviews for this restaurant were great, but our experience was so disappointing. Although the food was excellent, everything else left much to be desired. The noise level was brutally loud! Our foursome could not have a conversation because we could not hear each other. (There are just too many tables and not enough soft surfaces and fabrics to absorb sound.) Also our waiter was extremely indifferent. When asked to substitute an ingredient in a pasta dish, he simply said no without checking with the chef. Plus it took a long time for him to take our dinner and desert orders and barely checked in with us during the meal. The high-hat light over our table was so hot that it was burning the top of the head of one of our party.Special Features:
- Warm and invitingJoanDined on 9/20/2013Aurora has always been one or our favorites. It is consistent with a wonderful and warm atmosphere, very good selection and preparation of food and an extensive wine list. Many options by the glass as well. The menu tends to change to refelect seasonal specialties but the majority of the menu remains true to itself. We can always count on a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Very Good Dining ExperienceCJMCVIPDined on 9/13/2013The food was excellent and the service was top notch... I have been there several times and it is reliably very good. On weekends, it does feel cramped and gets very loud, so I would recommend Aurora for weeknight dinners or lunches.Special Features:
- Very, very fine food!!!ItalianMamaDined on 8/31/2013I am of Italian descent, raised on Grandma's REAL Iltalian food with ingredients grown in her garden. I ususally hate going to Italian restaurants because.. it simply isn't Grandma's food. This place is now one of my favorite! The food is fresh, flavorful, imaginative and spiced to perfection. My husband & I have traveled nearly 50 miles in less than 3 weeks to eat there. My only complaint is the noise level. It has an active bar scene which does get loud; but since the food puts me on cloud nine, I don't let it get to me. Recommended wholeheartedly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rye GirllsmryDined on 8/21/2013Such amazing service, incredible food, and terrific ambiance. Love this place!Special Features:
- Great place to catch upOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2013An old friend and I met to catch up and so that I could help her in her job hunt. We met for a late lunch in August and the place was semi-busy. We sat at a 4-top table and had room to review and update her resume. We ordered from the prixe fix lunch menu and got a hearty portion for 3-course meal. I ordered a delicious gnochi and she had the panini -- both were memorable. We stayed past the average lunch crowd catching up and the service slowed down significantly. When we needed the check our waiter was in the back and it took us a while to leave-- then again we did have a late lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and very relaxeatmospherOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/17/2013Went with family for my wife's birthday. They looked after us perfectly and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was so loud you couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/9/2013It was so loud you couldn't hear the people at the table with you. Took away from the enjoyment of the meal.Special Features:
- Very good by Westchester standardsSukyDined on 8/7/2013This restaurant would not stand out in Manhattan, but for Westchester, it's a good find. Our food was excellent and the setting very pretty. Somewhat pricey, as most decent restaurants in this area are.
- Sat in bar at high top tablewestchesterfoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2013Sat in bar at high top table by open window which helped keep the usual load noise of this restaurant to a reasonable level. Wonderful evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is awesome.EXCELLENCEDined on 7/6/2013The food here is awesome. Service is also good but could be better. I will definitely go back. The area is very nice to hang out. The only drawback is the sun was in our eyes throughtout the dinner as we had a 06:30pm reservation and was seated in front. Also it was hot as the air-condition was not blowing cool. As i said i would go back because the food was so good but will sit in the back. Good times with my guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday Wine NightOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/2/2013Half-price wine on Tuesday with an excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, a lot of neighborhooOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/28/2013Food was good, a lot of neighborhood people present. Service was not great. Server was not very attentive hadto ask for water twice....I think because we didn't have any wine he did not pay attention to us. Everyone around us was getting food but our order noting special never came out and waiter didn't even bother to say anything or apologize or anything. Food was good when it finally arrivedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/19/2013The resturant is always busy and the food is always fresh. Service is very good and the wine list is excellent. Pizza is delicious and the salmon is my favorite.Special Features:
- Superb experience. Great fun.WriteonVIPDined on 6/15/2013Superb experience. Great fun. Food was impeccable.Special Features:
- Happy Tuesdays!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2013Excellent wine list at 50% off. This is a gastronomic adventure. Have tried almost every item on the menu.Special Features:
- ConsistentTasterVIPDined on 5/23/2013Always consistent food and good service. A great spot for a night out with the family or another couple.Special Features:
- Loud noise ruined experiencedinerDined on 5/4/2013Very nice and good food but way too loud to have a nice conversation with friends we hadn't seen for a long time and that was very disappointing. Choices for noise level should include "Too Loud" because the "Energetic" option is offensive when what you really want to do is rate the place as too loud for enjoyable conversation.
- We arrive early at 5:30 andSuperbDined on 4/24/2013We arrive early at 5:30 and were glad we did because as the evening progressed it became too noisy to talk. The waiters initially seemed more interested in talking to each other, and than as it got busier they were eager to move us along. The food was good but it took a while to get anyone's attention to get a glass of wine because they were engaged in their own conversations.The noise level made it impossible to talk and noone was particularly friendly . Maybe they have to know you. This was our first time there and we were not impressed.Special Features:
- Went with a group of 5.HRJMVIPDined on 4/20/2013Went with a group of 5. Seated promptly, service was friendly and attentive . Food was good. Enjoyable night. Great pizza and appetizers. Good pasta, too. Would return again.Special Features:
- Possibly the loudess restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2013Possibly the loudess restaurant I have ever been in and I lunch all most every day in NYC.Absolutely could not hear across the table too many poeple shouting over too much wine.. the food is quite good but an unpleasant experience overall will not go back
- It was nice, however parkingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2013It was nice, however parking is costly in Rye and not too nearby restaurantSpecial Features:
- Food was very good and theLohaVIPDined on 3/19/2013Food was very good and the option of gluten free pasta was a real plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aurora was a great deal forOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/17/2013Aurora was a great deal for Hudson Valley Restaurant week. Otherwise it could get a little pricey. The food is inventive and leaves a lot for pescetarians like me. Interesting pastas and good use of more exotic ingredients like truffles. Portions are a good size where you don't feel stuffed but at the same time feel like you got a nice amount. The tables were a bit close so that I heard my neighbor's entire conversation but quiet enough to have a romantic date evening out.Special Features:
- I'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/5/2013Fresh, satisfying food and half-price wine on Tuesday = great combination!Special Features:
- GREAT LUNCH SPOTwestchesterfoodieVIPDined on 2/27/2013Excellent choice for lunch with good and delicious menu options at special lunch prices. Most enjoyable!Special Features:
- Overall a very good experience.NiceMartyBVIPDined on 2/23/2013Overall a very good experience.Nice choices on the menu and the food and atmosphere were excellent. The only negative was that we felt we were a little rushed . Maybe because it was a Saturday night and they were busy. We had to ask for bread and olive oil. We will go back.Special Features:
- Great food and service onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Great food and service on a busy night such as Valentine's Day. Beautiful decor. Very impressed.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Love this restaurant! The food is delicious. I would def recommend it - in fact I already have. I would def go back. If you like fresh mozzarella try the burata- amazingSpecial Features:
- Great lunch prix fixe lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013Great lunch prix fixe lunch was awesome Service was great.Special Features:
- Good for lunch but noisyLifetimeNewYorkerVIPDined on 1/30/2013Good place for lunch but too noisy and tables too close for personal conversations.
- Waiters basically ignoredGrandiVIPDined on 1/23/2013Waiters basically ignored us. They were standing next to us in a group of three talking. No one asked if we wanted dessert, more wine, coffee. We finally got attention and asked for coffee. He came back later and asked what kind, never had written it down. Never checked back. Getting a check was as tho we were disturbing them. Now, realize this was lunch! Also after 2 and place was fairly empty. Food very good.Special Features:
- Always a good meal with goodTasterVIPDined on 1/22/2013Always a good meal with good service, never disappointed.Special Features:
- Our favorite local restaurant.LadydiVIPDined on 12/26/2012Our favorite local restaurant. Friendly wait staff and consistently good food. Roast chicken is my favorite and my husband loves the chicken Milanese.Special Features:
- delicious food... quite noisy...jezekVIPDined on 12/24/2012delicious food... quite noisy... but the service and food make up for that.... always busy... you can tell we're not the only one's that like the food...Special Features:
- It was our first time dining5HandsDined on 12/19/2012It was our first time dining here and we will definitely be back! Good food, nice environment, great location and excellent service.Special Features:
- Excellent food in Rye-a must!BarbaraVIPDined on 12/18/2012Excellent food! Great service- food served hot and tables cleaned promptly even with a packed house. The manager was outstanding! Came to the table to check if we were enjoying ourselves. Fantastic place and well priced. Easy parking tooSpecial Features:
- Consistent and friendly. TheTasterVIPDined on 12/16/2012Consistent and friendly. The food is always good and the feel of the restaurant is welcoming and warm. Been coming here for years and have not had a bad experience. Food is solid.Special Features:
- ConsistentTGNYVIPDined on 12/8/2012Food was good -- not great, but always consistent and I will return. I had the halibut which, for the money, is a bit of a small portion and I wish it came with something other than spinach (I should have asked). It was a bit dry this time, but ok. My BF had the braised short ribs with mashed potatoes as his side and both were very yummy. We shared the sorbet, which was good. Only drawback was the table of loud wenches next to us who ordered round after round and only got louder. The acoustics, overall, are pretty poor but one can deal with it.Special Features:
- Nice, comfortable restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/17/2012Nice, comfortable restaurant. A little noisy when it gets full. Nice menu and wine list. Shortribs on polenta were excellent. Pleasant efficient service. 25% off a bottle of wine if you order before 7pm, a good deal if you don't mind eating early.Special Features: