Aurora - Sausalito
300 Valley Street #207
Sausalito, CA 94965Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Aurora - Sausalito
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.aurora-sausalito.com/
- Phone: 4153398930x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM; Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Carlo Scatena
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live music every Sunday.
We have and accordion player every Sunday Night from 6 to 9.
Hope to see you there!
- Special Events: We do hold parties. you can book the whole restaurant for yourself or take half the restaurant over.
A word from Aurora - Sausalito
Family owned and operated. Home made pastas, wild seafood, and gourmet thin crusted pizzas. Great food, generous portions, and great service. Very intimate and casual restaurant. Try us one time and see why are customers keep coming back.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aurora - Sausalito reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)fit for foodies (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (2)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Easy Neighborhood TreatCblmDined on 9/19/2014Always a nice welcome, good service and special food. There is enough tasty diversity to eat here every night of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointinggjava1VIPDined on 8/13/2014We saw favorable reviews and went to try something new in Marin. Wow, what a disappointment. The "thin crust pizza" was definitely frozen. The worst I've ever had. With lettuce on top instead of arugula. It was dreary and the only really good thing was the wine. It wasn't good. Won't return.
- Excellent local restaurantMelvisDined on 8/2/2014This restaurant is our favorite local restaurant. Not only Italian food, but good fish and other specialties . Lamb chops excellent. We try to eat there at least once a week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe Worst Service I've Ever HadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014I am normally very lenient on service but had to write a review here. Terrible service all around. We ordered drinks and bread - they didn't bring these out until after they had served our entrees. A member of the wait staff (not our original waiter) came to clear plates, did not ask if we were finished, stacked a plate on top of a salad that my mom had not finished (it was not even close to finished). About a minute later another waiter (again without acknowledging anything) reached over our table and took one of our chairs to use at another table.
- Fourth of July dinnerDefinitelycriticalDined on 7/4/2014Lucky to get a reservation for the holiday by booking one day ahead. Crowded but friendly scene. Waiters was patient, knowledgeable, not stressed because of the waiting crowd. Everything we ordered was delicious. Petrale sole was super. Salad was large and tasty. Wine prices were good. We would go back and recommend to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Great Find!dine4funVIPDined on 6/29/2014This was our first time at this restaurant, and we were very impressed. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable about the wine and menu and were very helpful as we tried to make up our minds. I had the petrale sole, and it was fresh and perfectly prepared. My companions raved about the Calamari Dore and Scaloppine Ai Funghi they were enjoying. I tasted each and they are so right! We ended our meal with a cappuccino and split the Vanilla Creme Brûlée. We loved our waiter and appreciated his attentive but not intrusive service. Truly a wonderful Italian dining experience!Special Features:
- The following 105 reviews are from the Aurora - Sausalito reviews archive.
- They rock!NatalyaSVIPDined on 6/15/2014We are coming to eat @ Aurora every time we are in the city as it is a guaranteed success! Good food, great service, nice neighborhood. I never hesitate to bring friends as I am confident there will be no disappointment! Thank you , Aurora! Bon Appetite!Special Features:
- Very goodPicassoDined on 6/7/2014A nice quiet neighborhod restaurant Good homemakde food. Very nice service..Special Features:
- Good Simple FoodHonestOpinionDined on 5/18/2014If you want a good meal no frills then this is it! With all the fancy shmansy menus in Saucelito, this place makes it simple!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FindVegasSaxonDined on 5/16/2014Handled our party of 12 very well. Wasn't crowded at 1:00 on a Friday. Service was excellent. Food was great. "catch of the day" was very fresh and well prepared halibut. All adult entrees were excellent. Kids had pizza, and that was just fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place fabulous serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Found it online and took a chance. The food was very good the service and ambience superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of twelve from GermanyLimoncelloDined on 4/25/2014Great and authentic italian food. They even had a fantastic Limoncello ;)).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small servings, but good foodIBeMattCDined on 4/12/2014Most of the restaurants in Sausalito are downtown or further north, and Aurora is at the far south end. It is convenient, and the staff is very friendly. The wine is good. The food is good, not great--nothing has wowed me, although it has all tasted good. My main issue with the place: the servings are not large. When I go out for Italian food, I want the food to either knock my socks off or come in a large enough serving for leftovers (or both!). I have been to Aurora three times, and each time, I have needed to snack within an hour or so of leaving. Having said that--I will go back, because it is hard to beat good food and good wine within walking distance of home.Special Features:
- Pizza- gluten freeFriedoDined on 4/12/2014Enjoyed a great gluten free pizza, without the cheese as well, with sagsage and mushrooms...okay, so call it a flatbread, but it was quite good with a great sauce and tasty sausage. We split another pizza with procioutto and some greens...very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed dinner with friendsTEPGMKDined on 3/29/2014Have been to restaurant many times, never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gem in SausalitoTravelerDined on 3/16/2014A trip to Sausalito to meet friends included dinner. The online reviews for this "off the waterfront" restaurant were spot on. Great food and service a short walk up the hill was well worth it. No crowd, attentive service in a light and bright dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely placeChelseapeopleDined on 3/15/2014This lovely restaurant is out of the fray in Sausalito and was my favorite of all the restaurants we ate at during a five day stay in town. My husband and I shared our entrees of lasagna ( they make their own pasta) and sea bass over polenta. Both were incredibly delicious. The staff is very attentive and extremely friendly. If I lived here I would be here every week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found this place online whileOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Found this place online while looking for a last minute Valentine's day dinner spot. The flavor of the food was delicious and the servers were friendly and attentive. The tables were a little too close together for my comfort, but not a big deal.Special Features:
- Surprisingly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2014Loved the homemade gnocchi-steak was cooked just right but could gave been trimmed a bit. Service was uneven however it was Valentines day and they were very busy. I will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DaySfsportsDined on 2/14/2014Aurora had a great Valentine's day menu ... which had a lot of things to choose from (almost as big as their regular menu). The food here has always been wonderful ... the service excellent ... we look forward to our net visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely placeguinnessDined on 2/9/2014awesome food, nice staff and charming atmosphere off the beaten path in SausalitoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for DinnerRivoDined on 12/31/2013My husband and I were there on New Years Eve and enjoyed it very much! Half the room was "adult" the half of the room which was divided had children. Worked great! Food was delicious and service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for Xmas eveBobbyVIPDined on 12/25/2013One of the few open restaurants on Xmas eve. Too too long for food to be served. Found most of the food to be bland. Not Italian. It was only 5:30 PM and they were out of a couple of special menu items.Special Features:
- Christmas DinnerPepoDined on 12/25/2013My father, wife and I really enjoyed the dinner. My salad could have been fresher but it was ok. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Open on ChristmasArianna333Dined on 12/25/2013We went here in spite of tepid reviews on Yelp because it was open on Christmas and wasn't super-expensive. In spite of having a reservation, it took nearly half an hour to get a table (we didn't want the table directly in the draft of the frequently opened door). Our waiter tried hard, but it looked as though he was the only one who was really hustling. Overall, the service was poor. The food was just OK, and my son's portion of ravioli was tiny (luckily, we supplemented his dinner with big additions from our ample servings).
- not a good choice for Xmas dinnerSausyDined on 12/25/2013My husband and I eat here on a fairly regular basis and always enjoy the food. We were excited to learn Aurora was open Christmas day and made a reservation. It was very busy and the staff was unable to keep up. The service was terrible and our frazzled waiter kept apologizing. It was awful. It took over an hour to get our appetizer and drinks, then another 40 minutes for our meal. Very disappointed. That being said, we will come back as we like the food, the prices are decent and the service pretty good. However, we will avoid going back for holiday meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas LunchDonnaDined on 12/25/2013This was my first time here. The food and the service were excellent. The place was crowded and yet the noise level was moderate and the service was friendly and quick. It was especially nice because it was Christmas and they provided a really nice atmosphere to celebrate. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and live music!JonathanDined on 12/1/2013Not only did we have great service, but the food was amazing. There was even someone gently playing an accordion! I had the Linguine alla Pescatora and it had so much seafood I was shocked. I've never written a review on here before, but this place was so good I just had to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Bride Loved this DinnerNaturalHorsemanVIPDined on 9/25/2013I hit a home run when I chose Aurora for our Wednesday night dinner. She called it "comfort food" that reminded her of her growing up in an Italian American family on the East Coast. It was great to have a place to park. Our greeter, waiter, somalier Sean was the best and really made the meal. We shared everything which was good since the portions were very "American" sized * calamari fritte was nicely done but I missed the tentacles * the special was lasagne which was very nice * a dandy little tiramisu Sean suggested a Sauv Blanc with the calamari and I chose a Chianti Riserva for the lasagna. I very nice Italian American-style meal.
- Glad we came backAlfieDined on 9/20/2013It had been awhile since we visited Aurora, not for any reason other than a busy schedule. So glad we decided to try it again thanks to the ease of booking on Open Table. Food was great and it had a warm family-owned atmosphere. We will be back sooner this time!Special Features:
- Genuine ItalianlupoDined on 9/17/2013Classic Italian fare, excellently prepared, at reasonable prices. Served in a casual atmosphere appropriate for special occasions or simple family outings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, home cooked Italianluv2wineVIPDined on 9/14/2013Awesome, home cooked Italian Food. We love it and will be back!Special Features:
- Family birthday celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/14/2013They were very accommodating....we missed our reservation time by 2 hours due to unexpected traffic getting to the ferry. Called ahead and they were gracious enough to change it for our group of 7. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the service was good. The crab cake appetizer was especially good, and we enjoyed a complementary bruschetta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like being at home.MoNapaDined on 9/3/2013We met friends visiting the Peninsula with Aurora being the half way point for us and closed the restaurant. We would have stayed hours more we were so comfortable. The seafood is absolutely fresh and prepared Northern Italian style with lots of fresh vegetables. Our waiter recommended a personal favorite of spicy a dish up with Italian peppers, which was outstanding. We return to Aurora again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerKTK318VIPDined on 8/30/2013We enjoyed a delightful dinner out in a Sausalito neighborhood on a splendid night. It was an evening where the weather was a blessing so ate on the side deck. I ordered veal cooked to perfection. Others shared the calamari steak with delight. Side mashed potatoes were creatively prepared and complimented the entrees. Tiramisu was an appreciated finish to the meal! Our servers showed a sense of humor to match the challenges each of us offered to the staff. We had a great time and enjoyed dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet neighborhood spotYumYumVIPDined on 8/21/2013Quiet neighborhood spot with excellent Italian food, family run and operated. Out of the tourist zone and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- Motto Bene!!!CharlieDined on 7/31/2013Aurora Restaurant was affordable, delicious and the service was fabulous. I would highly recommend my friends and family to try this restaurant. I loved the Calamari Steak and the pasta was exceptional with a very light sauce. What can I say - I am Italian and I am very particular about my food. Aurora it located in Novato and Sausalito, so I would highly recommend that everyone try this restaurant. CharlieSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A sweet little placeCDixon62Dined on 6/19/2013Aurora was a sweet restaurant. The food was very good, and the customer service was adequate. There wasn't a view to speak of, but it was in a very sweet neighborhood. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a family reunionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/14/2013We had a party of 11 and we were treated like old friends. The dinner choices were all delicious - good solid Italian cuisine. I would definitely come back. Plus they had parking, no small thing in Sausalito.Special Features:
- Aurora,good food, great serviceTEPGMKDined on 6/11/2013Aurora,good food, great service and very pleasant atmosphere. Prices moderate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.