Waldorf Astoria Naples
475 Seagate Drive
Naples, FL 34103Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.waldorfastorianaples.com/Resort-Activities/Dining/Aura
- Phone: 2395946058x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 12:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Greg Wallace
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are happy to cater to any event at your house or business. No group is too big or too small.
- Special Events: NAPLES’ BEST CHAMPAGNE HAPPY HOUR
TAKEN TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL.
Enjoy energizing, live entertainment
$5 Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label
$5 Select Appetizers
$5 Select Cocktails & Wine
$25 Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame
$25 Premium Appetizers
A word from Aura
Aura Restaurant & Bar encompasses a truly cosmopolitan, cutting-edge atmosphere for enchanting Naples Florida restaurants. Featuring delicious meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, take part in some of the finest innovative cuisine available in this part of the world at our notable Naples FL restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Aura - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Aura reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)good for groups (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Could be betterDutchDined on 8/23/2014We arrived at 6:30 and the place was empty, we were promptly seated. The service was good. We ordered the Black Grouper and Scallops. The grouper was served on a bed of spinach, it was cooked a little too dry and not seasoned well, it tasted blend. The Scallops were cooked perfect, and the taste was good. Thank god we had four small rolls; the portions are mini, appetizer size. There were only three scallops and three small mussels. Spending $33.00 for three scallops and 28 for a small piece of grouper is too much. It’s a nice restaurant no view, you are looking at the lobby and a bar across.
- Great foodHappyDined on 8/17/2014Went there with my family and had a great dinner. Food was excellent and service top notch. The black grouper was delicious.Special Features:
- Nice EveningSunnyVIPDined on 8/8/2014Aura is in the midst of the bustling activity of the Waldorf Astoria Hotel. We arrived early and took advantage of the very nice happy hour drink and appetizer specials before dining. Our dinners of salmon and pasta were well prepared. Service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HeretodineVIPDined on 7/9/2014It was great, food was very nice and service as well, just needs more planters in the restaurant so you feel like you are in the lobbySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the Aura reviews archive.
- foodfinderVIPDined on 4/26/2014Had very good steak and fish entrees! Not bad for a lobby restaurant in a hotel. Wine list was average and pricey. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what we expectedScoopVIPDined on 3/27/2014Empty place for lunch. Big and lacking ambience. Dark next to coffee bar and bar?? Anyway it was the wrong choice for lunch. We ate at the bar. Food was good. Pricey cocktails. Pedestrian Waldorf caters to families who want the pool and get trundled to the beach.
- While the decor is 'upscale',OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014While the decor is 'upscale', we were dining with 2 young children and it all worked very well. The service was very good and they paid special attention to the kids. Both our meals and the kids food was delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some like it HotKathyVIPDined on 3/15/2014The service was great and nothing to complain about however the food was inconsistant for example: I ordered a burger which was warm, the fries were cold. I ordered the seabass that was good when it came to temperture however the coconut rice was cold. Frankly the food at the bar was better. For a high price property something needs to be done about the food they put out. I've had better at a Westin....
- Typical Hotel Lobby AtmosphereKatyVIPDined on 2/28/2014Very noisy and lacking ambience. The food was fine and the service didn't disappoint, but we probably won't go back.
- Been to this restaurant many timesiBednb1VIPDined on 2/25/2014It fills many needs. Last night early light meal before Ballet performance. Mant choices!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceFRANKDined on 2/14/2014From the moment we sat down our Server Sergio, was very attentive polite. He took his time in answering questions and made sure we were Very Happy with our Meals. From Soup to Dessert the Food was Excellent and not once did we feel Rushed or Hurried to leave.Special Features:
- Lousy serviceMelalyssaDined on 2/14/2014Not what I would expect from the Waldorf. Was ignored while staff talked at hostess stand, had to wait for them to finish talking before I could inform them that we had a reservation. Server acted like he worked in a sports bar. Dirty dishes left on our table, at dessert I moved them all to the edge of the table and dessert was served around them. They were there through paying the bill and were there when we left. We weren't asked if we wanted coffee at dessert. The manager visited every table but ours and all the ladies were given a rose an chocolates for valentines day...I was not. I've had way better service in a diner for less than $10 a person than the $200 we paid for this meal.
- VALENTINES DAY AT AURAWelovenaplesDined on 2/14/2014Our evening was very nice - great food, good service Nice Valentines gifts Had not been in a year - we will not wait as long next timeSpecial Features:
- Better than most hotel restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/12/2014Admittedly, most hotel restaurants leave something to be desired; the Waldorf knows better, putting better-than-the-norm food in their open air lobby eatery. The best part of the evening, however, was table service (unlike the hostess, who made me feel more like an inconvenience than welcomed guest). Serge was cheerful, helpful, and present at the perfect moments without being overly attentive. Nice dinner---glad I "stayed in" on arrival night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestBigDukeDined on 2/7/2014Big disappointment. My dining partner and I had fish plates both of which were bland and actually tasted microwaved. Server was disinterested lacking any input. Loud venue. Bring back Strip House!
- Nice try but not quite there.WindsorBoy59Dined on 12/27/2013We picked this restaurant to celebrate my daughter's 19th birthday with a party of 4. Food was very good but the menu lacked a certain flow. Selections were haphazard. The sides did not seem to go with the main courses. Having said that, the food was very good and the restaurant did a nice job at making the evening special for my daughter. The ambiance leaved a bit to be desired though and it felt more like you were eating in the hotel lobby than at a finer dining establishment. Serving staff were attentive, but not quite polished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enormous disappointementFoodloverVIPDined on 11/28/2013Very sad to report, Aura was our most disappointing restaurant experience of the week. We've been dining all over Naples during our week long vacation and were very much looking forward to an exquisite Thanksgiving dining experience at this upscale hotel restaurant or so we thought. The dining room was set in a cavernous space, devoid of any kind of holiday decorations or spirit, more akin to a converted lobby or a sports arena. Service was poor at best, waited for long stretches for clean silver ware, not to mention wine. Food was rather limited and not very tasty, with turkey very dry. At 85$ pp sans wine, this was by far the most expensive and lowest quality dinner of the week. Woud never go back.
- Thanksgiving BrunchDinerDined on 11/28/2013Too expensive. Mandatory gratuity for party of 3 was too high. Wrong selection of music during dining. Spotty attendance. Excellent food and great service. Water glasses were too small. Some table clothes draped past the floor creating trip hazard.
- Aura under construction, so so.nosurprisesVIPDined on 10/29/2013We had no idea when we booked lunch fory mothers birthday that reataurant at this walfdorf astoria hotel was open during construction. We dont know how this wpuld affect service (understaffed), but over all mo so good right now.
- Nice atmosphere and good service.RileyDined on 10/25/2013Nice atmosphere and good service. Most importantly the food was phenomenal.Special Features:
- Craig to great care of us (again)stallroadVIPDined on 10/21/2013This was not our first time at Aura and we had Craig take great care of us. he remembered us from a previous visit 2 years ago. Or kids are fussy eaters and Craig helped us navigate those issues, even bringing my daughter hot dogs when she turned her little nose up at the mac and cheese (because it was real cheese and not kraft mac n cheez style). My wife and i both enjoyed our salads and Craig surprised us with a shrimp and grits amuse bouche that we remembered from our previous visit. AMAZING! Our entrees were great as well. highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/5/2013The food was absolulety fantastic. Recommend the scallops and for desert the cheese cake! It tastes like sweet air! It was the best cheese cake I have ever found! Go and partake and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere. Good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2013When you enter the restaurant in the Waldorf Astoria Hotel, then you have the feeling to be in a big city. Our waiter was very friendly and attentive. The food was good and favorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMishydVIPDined on 5/23/2013The food at Aura is great. Due to the location in the hotel, it can be noisy as the bar across the way fills up, or convention guests stroll past to meeting rooms. Our server was very attentive, without hovering. All in all a good experience.Special Features:
- Off night?Apw56VIPDined on 4/12/2013Maybe it was just an off night, but we were disappointed with the food and the service. I had the sea bass, which was dry and overcooked. The waiter forgot one dish we ordered and the drinks were ok. I wouldn't go back as a local, but if you're staying at the hotel, maybe you'll have a better opportunity to catch them on a good day.
- A bit expensive for what itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013A bit expensive for what it is, but the food was delicious and the service was fantastic.
- This is basically the hotel'sfarmguyVIPDined on 3/28/2013This is basically the hotel's coffee shop. It is a nice coffee shop, but it shouldn't be confused with a full service restaurant. The server situation was very strange. The server was pleasant, but he leaned on the table, was lackadaisical about service,and had the general appearance of being a resident of a nice homeless shelter. Another server we observed had the same appearance.It is difficult for me to understand how the Waldorf accepts this situation unless it is part of a deliberate program to employ individuals down on their luck.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013The menu, while somewhat limited, had good variety. Everyone in our group of four was oohing and aahing about the flavorful and perfectly cooked meals. This restaurant has ultramodern decor with an open feel. Nearby, in the lobby, is a vibrant bar, and outside there is a beautiful view,as well as a poolside restaurant. This is a find, especially when it is so difficult to get reservations during "the Season" in Naples.Special Features:
- Food was very good, nice menu.AmbienceVIPDined on 3/5/2013Food was very good, nice menu. Exceptional service.Special Features:
- Last-minute Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Last-minute Valentine's Day reservation... Though open to Waldorf bar/lounge across the wide hall, was possible to find a table that was quiet/secluded/reasonably intimate. Though service was haphazard despite seemingly more than adequate staff, with forgotten/overlooked requests and insufficient "check-ins", was ultimately still a pleasant, slightly comical experience not to feel rushed and flushed... The spirit of the day may have helped as one could have been irked on a less auspicious occasion. Food was surprisingly well-prepared/delicious, (perfectly seared scallops w/ a superbly seasoned quinoa, which I usually find insipid at best), tho one meal arrived hot, the other tepid. Great coffee and a key lime creme brûlée (excellent).Special Features:
- Informed Server & Succulent FoodWarswawRunVIPDined on 2/4/2013Though menu is limited, it is diverse. Better to do a few things well, which appears to be the hallmark here. Server was very knowledgeable and guided us well. Seared Sea Scallops were perfection an Grouper on black bean base was delicate and naturally flavorful. calimari was fresh and tender with flavorful accompaniment. Asparagus was young, crisp and tender. Atmosphere is attractive and airy with a contemporary flair. Conversation was easy. When asked about limited menu and whether server could point equally appealing dishes for a return visit, the server credibly promised to come up with dishes that would delight. He clearly understood both well-prepared food and the kitchen's strengths and capabilities.Special Features:
- A Disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013First, I want to comment on the valet parking which used to be complimentary and now there is a $10.00 charge! In the past, you were able to have the ticket validated to received complimentary parking, but not anymore! This, alone, will keep us from returning to this venue. The first negative was my Cosmopolitan, which was probably the worst I have ever had. It was all Cranberry Juice and very little liquor. I returned it for a Prosecco, which was acceptable. Most restaurants serve bread before the salads. in our case, the bread came only after we made the request. My Pork Loin entree looked good, prepared as I requested it but it had absolutely no taste. The gravy, served on the side, somewhat improved the flavor.Special Features:
- Our waitress Laurie was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/11/2013Our waitress Laurie was outstanding, well informed and pleasant. Food excellent, but we were very displeased that the hotel had recently decided to charge 10. parking fee for patrons (parking free if dining at only the highest end restairant in the hotel). Naples has by far complimentary valet parking, so we would not choose to return to dine at Aura. It is not special enough to warrant the fee, since there are so many other wonderful dining options in the immediate area.
- We had a great server, firstPattyVIPDined on 1/5/2013We had a great server, first day on the job, wanting to please!! The food was average, the ambience was great, but NOBOBY was there!! Only three tables of people!!! Our table of six was well taken care of!!!!
- Thought we would try this,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/29/2012Thought we would try this, the burger was very good the flatbread so so. Good place for a burger if you are staying here at the hotel but would not make a special trip here.
- We dined on Christmas Day,jamesellDined on 12/25/2012We dined on Christmas Day, so the meal was a special buffet. Excellent selection of foods combined with terrific table service. Expensive, but well worth the holiday treat.Special Features:
- There was no restaurant -Gem1VIPDined on 11/28/2012There was no restaurant - just a part of a lobby.......
- never againOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2012really bad for a Hilton Waldorf Astora. Very disappointing.
- Excellent LunchQMLQDined on 9/7/2012We had an outstanding lunch. Our waitress was very attentive and made several trips to the kitchen checking on our food allergies. We were never rushed and had an excellent meal. We will return.Special Features:
- For breakfast buffet onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2012Had breakfast here two days because it was included with our room rate. Even though buffets aren't usually my thing... I enjoyed it, however wouldn't have paid $60 for two people for it. I will say the service was amazing though.