15977 City Walk
Sugar Land, TX 77479Neighborhood:
Sugar Land / Missouri City
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aura-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 2814032872
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from AURA Brasserie
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
AURA Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Sugar Land / Missouri City ›
AURA Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (35)neighborhood gem (24)special occasion (23)great for lunch (17)notable wine list (15)romantic (13)good for groups (9)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (7)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- RICKYLEEDined on 10/17/2014Their Menu IS ALWAYS CHANGING WITH CHALKBOARD SPECIALS. So never gets boring - LOVE THE CRAWFISH BEIGNETS FOR STARTERS MY SALMON WAS DELICIOUS . special for the night. MY HUSBAND ORDERED THE BONE IN RIBEYE BUT WISHED HE WOULD HAVE ORDERED THE FILET MIGNON. T WAS GOOD, AND COOKED PROPERLY. JUST HIS PREFERENCE. ( A TAD TOO MUCH SAUCE ) SERVICE IS GREAT, ATTENTIVE BUT NOT STANDING OVER YOU. CHEF Perrier does a great job ! WE WILL RETURN FOR SURE. Not for Children though, adult night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finding a new treatJosephDined on 10/16/2014Had the pompono special paired with a delicious Bordeaux. Was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and wines!pkwhouVIPDined on 10/2/2014We have eaten here a few times now and are always please by how helpful and attentive the staff is. We usually just share a lot of small plates, which are great. This time we did the business lunch which was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite...Henry72Dined on 9/20/2014My wife, daughter and I have been here twice. Love the food, as well as the ambiance. It's very cosmopolitan, but without all the pretentiousness. It's been only getting better each time we've dined here, so much so that we plan to bring my parents here tomorrow night. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All goodmalsaysDined on 9/13/2014Nice saucing and spicing. Good job. Wait staff fine. a truly Parisian experience right here in Texas.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Chef always has a creative menu with ever changing specials! Extremely accommodating for food allergies. Awesome waitstaff-- they know their wines, are attentive but not overbearing, and remember preferences. Fantastic food in a lively atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Quality was very very poorjkbhDined on 8/26/2014Steaks cuts were of the lowest quality meat that won't cut or eat, full of fat--just bad. Salad was ok, desrts were ok. House wine was good.
- TightDisappointedMomDined on 8/22/2014Food was great! The place was too small and tight. Service was not very friendly and was rushed. Because the place was tight, you could hear other people's conversations and the tables and chairs were being hit by the servers and diners. Not very comfortable.Special Features:
- Good, but not first choice.MissMarVIPDined on 8/21/2014It was good, not great. I've had better filet mignon, though I liked the size. The place itself is nice. I probably won't return because there are better options.Special Features:
- Great Food & Quiet AmbianceNoNameDined on 8/20/2014We eat here whenever we want a great meal out in a place where we can have a quiet conversation and enjoy the food, ambiance and each other's company. In general, I don't understand most star ratings - if one gives a motel in Escalante UT 5 stars, what does one give the Ritz in Paris. In any case, I am comfortable giving AURA 5 stars regardless of the comparator. I don't intend to diss lodging in Escalante, we've stayed there and enjoyed our lodging, I just want to point out the subjectiveness of ratings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reminds me of ParisJannieDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is in the First Colony shopping area Town Center and looks like a French Bistro (tables are close together). It was packed and fairly noisy, but the food is great! We went for Houston Restaurant Weeks and had the fixed price menu. The foie gras appetizer was everything I expected it to be. The petit filet was so tender you could cut it with a fork and with a wonderful wine sauce that just made it perfect. We had a wonderful time with friends and our waiter Thomas was very friendly and brought out their birthday surprise, which is a goblet with cotton candy and a sparkler...lots of fun! We will definitely go back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aura - best restaurant!MiabakerDined on 8/15/2014Aura has never disappointed me. Absolutely fabulous French cuisine! Frederic is the real deal! This is European dining in Sugar Land - have wonderful specials for lunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not returninglblikesfoodDined on 8/12/2014The pate fois gras with crème brûlée was excellent. The lobster bisque was thin with no actual lobster in it. The duck was average and a little dry. The blackberry cobbler was good but the carrot cake cupcake was lacking. With the lobster bisque, the bill was $45 per person and with a glass of wine, the entire bill was $200. I would rather spend that on a better meal or something else. The restaurant is small and becomes noisy. Our server was nice but we waited a great deal between courses and canceled our orders for coffee and espresso because we were finished with dessert before they even made it. We were there an hour and 45 minutes. I don't think I will be returning. I think such pervasive problems are not easily fixable.
- HRW_Auratrevnoc2Dined on 8/12/2014The lunch menu during restaurant week was limited but very good and of good value. It was very difficult to find the crabe inside the beignets, I hope this does not represent the beignets during the normal operation. I will try the restaurant in the evening for dinner a la carte when the choice is more diversify. I think is a keeperI would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night reviewerRectorDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed the restaurant. It was crowded. Wait staff indicated they were tired. Wine list okay. Food was good but not as excellent as I had remembered from my last visit. We were entertaining guests and wanted them to really be impressed.Special Features:
- Uncomfortable notice levelLivetoeatDined on 8/9/2014The food and service were great however due to the high notice level we will probably not return. Part of the problem was a party of 16 seated across from us and 8 of them were children under 6 years old . Why they felt this was an appropriate place for a birthday party is mind boggling . Our party of 4 could barely carry on a conversation . Maybe more soundproofing would help. Regardless , we rushed thru our dinner just do we could chat on the side walk.Special Features:
- Good French diningHIrvVIPDined on 8/8/2014Chef Perrier's food is always good! (Usually we dine at sister restaurant Coco Pazzo.) The lobster bisque not only is excellent, but for $10 is a bargain for the large serving. Be aware that the reflective walls and ceiling make for a noisy environment when the house is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in casual setting.kittyloverDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went there Friday (Restaurant Week). We had 7:30 reservations, were seated promptly and enjoyed the next 1-1/2 hours. Conversation was possible in spite of the high volume in the restaurant and an extremely loud party near our table. From the prix fixe menu, we had an tuna/avocado tower appetizer- a generous portion of grilled tuna on guacamole with pico de gallo garnish. We had the escolar/eggplant and filet mignon for main courses. The grilled escolar was tasty, but had a butter based sauce too rich for my taste. Our waiter was attentive and gave excellent recommendations for wines by the glass to complement our dinners. I have not been disappointed by Aura's selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressiveSuzanneDined on 8/8/2014We were seated as soon as arriving. Staff was attentive although at times hard to understand. Lemon Drop martini was average even with Grey Goose vodka. Wine was excellent by glass. Noisy, uncomfortable seating. Tables too close together. 1st course delivered very timely. Salad fresh but dressing in adequate. Main course was steaks. One steak asked for medium rare came out medium. Both steaks chewy. Taste had to be adulterated with sauce. Vegetables/potatos appeared to have been taken off steam table....mushy. When told of birthday a very gaudy oversized glass with some kind of stuffing and a sparkler were delivered. A requested dessert to take 20 minutes to prepare declined. Crème Brulee unimpressive and elementary.
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Nice menu options. Great service, nice atmosphere. Went during the week, so the noise level was grest for conversation. We enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great eveningJHT64Dined on 8/5/2014Consistently great dining experience. Innovative cooking in a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014The food and service were wonderful. The waiter went the extra mile to make our lunch special. The chef and waiter were very helpful with regard to my gluten intolerance and recommended a number of wonderful gluten free options from the menu. I did not expect to have so many gluten free options. All three main course selections from the Restaurant Week menu were gluten free.Special Features:
- French excellenceFinedinerDined on 7/31/2014Very good food prepared with perfect sauces and an excellent wine selection. Good value and a great place to have in Sugarland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service isn't up to the priceEmemmDined on 7/25/2014The food was good and it was probably worth the $250 meal for four. However, the service was at the level I would expect from the local Chili's. Too long to wait for the initial drink order and specials discussion. Abandoned between appetizers and main course. Empty plates sat on the table for a long time. We only tipped 15%.Special Features:
- I love this restaurantKB120VIPDined on 7/25/2014I've been at least 8 times. The wait staff is superb. Dining here is a good experience and the food is delicious. I will keep coming back!Special Features:
- Evening DelightLovetoeat22Dined on 7/19/2014We went on a Saturday night my husband and I for our anniversary. We had been to this restaurant before and loved it so decided to go back. Ordered Pork Shank a favorite presentation was different but it was still delicious. It's a great place to take guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!chrissyjDined on 7/12/2014I have been twice now. Once with a group and once with my husband. The best part for a large group is the bill is broken down into indiv by # who had what. I am big on just tossing my card in but hard when it is a mixed group of not all close friends. It is loud but not an issue. Food is outstanding and I have never had a bad dish. Great options.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Great food and service and I liked that the menu offered dishes you can't find in other places in Sugar Land.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 365 reviews are from the AURA Brasserie reviews archive.
- Great!evodiusDined on 6/24/2014The noise level was a little high when the place wasn't even half full, but the food was excellent. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great food with reasonable priceMomooDined on 6/20/2014We have been here several times, and they always offer great selection business lunch special with really affordable price. You get great food with good presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarnivoreCarnivoreDined on 6/14/2014Aura is a family favorite. We also enjoy hosting guests to enjoy the exceptional food and vibrant ambience of the surroundings. Aura never disappoints. While the menu is notable and varied the true enjoyment is being surprised by what Chef Perrier has decided to showcase as his specials for the day. Whether traditional meat cuts, game or seafood the dishes are inventive and interesting. The wine list is varied and reasonable and, if you do your homework, can provide great value.Special Features:
- Everytime surpasses the lastlive2eatVIPDined on 6/5/2014Had the crispy pork belly tacos this time, & they were really good. I would've preferred them to be a bit more crispy--but the all "around" flavors really made up for it. I also had the foie gras duo (this time they only had pate & not the foie gras creme brulee). Service was personable & impeccable as always! I will keep going back as they have really won my loyalty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECTACULAR MUST GO TO BISTROlive2eatVIPDined on 5/23/2014They have a great wine list & happy hour. Food is nothing short of spectacular w/just the right sized portions so if you walk away hungry it's your own fault, servers & staff are very knowledgeable, service is impeccable, ambiance is very inviting not "stuffy" like a lot of French restaurants, & no small bank loan required. Try the crab beignets, the seared foie gras (or better yet the duo of foie gras), pork belly tacos, the Frenchie Burger, duck confit, & the pork shank.Special Features:
- LukeDined on 5/22/2014Food and service was excellent. Thats all I have to say. nothing else is necessary.Special Features:
- Not so goodChester1Dined on 5/13/2014We were not happy with our experience at Aura's. There were only three tables occupied when we sat down. Someone came over and got us bread and water. We then sat for quite some time while the waiters hovered over the other patrons. Sometimes two were at the same table at once. I finally asked the hostess if we had a waiter and she got us a waiter so we could place our order. We enjoyed the escargots but did not enjoy the rest of our meal. My husband had a pork dish and I had salmon. My salmon was extremely greasy and did not taste fresh. We may return to the restaurant but only to eat the escargots. By the way, this was our third visit to Aura. We had a much better time on the two previous occasions and the food was much better then.Special Features:
- mothers Day hitJHT64Dined on 5/11/2014Great fixed menu for Mother's Day! Food was great as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentMike2Dined on 5/11/2014We had enjoyed several evening dinners at the original Aura in the Township. Our first experience at the new Aura at Town Center was a surprising disappointment. You have lost our patronage. You have also lost the ambience of the original Aura - - - your Town Center Aura is simply a bar which also serves food (despite the efforts of your excellent Chef).
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Food was bland and not seasoned. The chef cursed repeatedly in front of children.
- Date Night1HunnedDined on 5/9/2014Took the wife here for date night. The environment was cool, but the food was ok.Special Features:
- Exceptional!HenryDVIPDined on 5/2/2014Not your typical French restaurant. I would call it Texas Country French. Friendly restaurant chef/owner and staff. Food is outstanding and creative. Don't think twice; book your table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.