15977 City Walk
Sugar Land, TX 77479Neighborhood:
Sugar Land / Missouri City
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aura-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (281) 403-2872
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from AURA Brasserie
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
AURA Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Sugar Land / Missouri City ›
AURA Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (27)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (21)romantic (16)great for brunch (11)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- One of my favorites!DisappointedVIPDined on 11/16/2013I have been here several times and have always gotten their pre fixe menu. Frederic is extremely talented and should really have a location in the Montrose area. His skill level is just as good or even better than all the best restaurants in Houston. HIs wife, Michelle, is what I would call "the lady of the front of the house." She is super friendly and goes around to all the tables and talk with the customers. This is how one create a loyal customer base. If you haven't tried Aura, you really ought to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary WorthyjanjacDined on 11/12/2013We wanted a special place to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Aura was the perfect choice. Restaurant is small enough to be charming and the food was terrific. On a whole our evening was a big sucess. We will definitely be back. Loved the french music playing and the beautiful plates/bowls on the wall. My only complaint is that our candle on the table wasn't lit. Really no big deal. So pleased to have a place like this in Sugar Land!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice dinnerBGYummyDined on 11/2/2013I Loved Aura in its old location and this was our first visit in new digs. Was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews, but we had a GREAT dinner. I LOVED my fois gras, cooked to perfection in a whimsical combo with a creme brûlée offering (unusual, but wow!). My husband's entree was killer! He had pork shoulder, it was soo flavorful & cooked to perfection, no need for a knife, lovely bite sized pieces just jumped onto his fork. He had an appetizer with a big ravioli that he devoured so quickly I didn't get a chance to taste it. He assured me, between mouthfuls that it was delicious....gone before I could sneak my fork in. I prefer my French restaurants to feel more "French". This definitely feels like TownCenter, SugarLandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is outstanding. StartingJassVIPDined on 10/25/2013Service is outstanding. Starting with Christina as the hostess to mike as our server. Food is impeccable and drinks are well price.The lunch set menus are a steel. Don't order expresso if you are close to a coffe shop. It will cost us 3x. Still cannot figure that one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aura BrasseriecheersyallDined on 10/19/2013I called to let them know our party was running a little late, Miguel (?) had the right answer "no problem". It was nice to know that they would hold our reservation on a Saturday night. Hostess was very nice and welcoming. The menu is not extensive but sufficient for a variety of palates.. The calamari was very good, tender, not tough, lightly fried. Our party had the filet, the scallops and the trio (seafood mix). Every entree was very good, cooked appropriately and well presented !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantEllieDined on 10/19/2013Interesting menu, fantastic service, delicious food, very pleasant atmosphere- a recommended restaurant, and one of our favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go to restaurantJassVIPDined on 10/8/2013It is an absolute gem in the heart of sugar land. Everything we have tried us so refine and delicate I can't get enough of it. Very moderately priced even for the very fresh items that other restaurant charge you and arm and a leg. Keep it upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was there couple of weekspdmaxima04Dined on 10/5/2013I was there couple of weeks ago for my girlfriend birthday. We enjoyed our dinner. One thing i was disappointed ...they brought me wrong meat. I ordered Ribeyed with fries. They brought me Filet migon. But overall, it was a nice place and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 3 course lunch menuTexastwangVIPDined on 9/19/2013loved the fish tacos! Thank you for substituting carrot cake cupcake with brownie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AURA NEVER FAILS IN FLAVOREatingisFunVIPDined on 9/15/2013After enjoying fabulous dinners several times, we thought we'd try Aura's new Brunch! Good move! The Lobster Bisque was so tasty and rich and the Eggs Benedict Scandanaive on potato pancakes were to die for. The Hollandaise was just lemony enough, not too overpowering. And a nice surprise: $3 glasses of Mimosas...now that's a deal.Special Features:
- Five Stars for Business LunchthedomesticadminDined on 9/11/2013We came back for lunch after a good experience for HRW. We don't live in the area and I stated I would not drive 20 miles for dinner but if in the area would try again. I happened to be in the area for lunch with a friend and we had the prix fixe business lunch special. I don't believe there is a place in Houston where you can have creme brulee and beef bourginogne in the same meal for $15. The three course lunch was just enough. Servings are not huge but why do you need a large portion when it's all about the taste? My friend had the trout over risotto and it was delicate, a perfect balance and again, not too much. The bread and aoili are to die for. Recommend!Special Features:
- Good for GroupsLitaDined on 9/10/2013We were celebrating a birthday. We were seven ladies. The food was very good and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, but a bitamyandbootzDined on 8/31/2013The food was good, but a bit overseasoned (especially the pesto pasta). A bit pricey for the amount of food served. The service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sugar Land GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013We had a wonderful birthday celebration at Aura. Our table of six received excellent service. From the drinks to wine through to dessert, everything was excellent. Our table chose a broad variety of dishes and everyone was very pleased with their choices. Such a pretty place and though small, ample room at the table for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2013My husband and I went to Aura to celebrate our 45 wedding anniversary. We were surprised at the active atmosphere of the new venue. Having been to the old location, we dressed up somewhat. Patrons were in very casual dress (we were over dressed). We missed the ambience of the old Aura. The food was exceptional. The wine was wonderful. They helped us celebrate with a large glass of cotton candy topped with a sparkler! To top off the evening when the bill was presented we were told that someone had already picked up our tab! A very memorable evening.Special Features:
- At First We Did Not Have A WaitersugarlandfoodieDined on 8/30/2013Our first waiter never returned to take our order. After asking the bus boy, for help and another 10 min. just before we were about to leave and go to Carrabba's across the highway, when another waiter appeared. He said," I just found out this was my table." He was affable enough and offered to pay for my salad for the troublesome wait. He tried to make it up but the damage was already done we felt ignored. I must disclose, we were late for our reservation but the restaurant had several open tables at the time. The sea bass was prepared well but a very small portion. The glass display on the wall is beautiful. I am in the town center area quite frequently so I will not say that I would never go there again but it won't be soon.Special Features:
- Great experienceBrandonRNDined on 8/27/2013Excellent service very dynamic menu with lots of tasty options. Perfect timing In between eat course. Food was prepared impeccably, pork chop was memorable along with the dessert. Great please to catch up with a friend, professional yet laid back atmosphere. Would def consider going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new 'top 5' restaurant for us!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2013We have been trying the 'Houston Restaurant weeks' luncheon and dinner menus as a way to sample new restaurants, and lunch at the Aura Brasserie has been the standout so far. All three courses were excellent quality, both in appearance and taste, and for the $20 price, also outstanding value. Service and the wine list which are always important criteria for us when dining out and we were also very good. The decor in the restaurant was also brilliant particularly the wall adorned with coloured glass ornaments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with reasonable portionsDavidDined on 8/24/2013Aura moved to a new location about 8 months ago. The new restaurant is a bit louder than the previous one, due to more tables and fewer room dividers. Other than that, there is nothing negative to say. We were seated promptly and with friendliness. Immediately our waiter appeared. He was knowledgable and helpful with the menu items. Food was served in a very timely fashion. Portions were perfect -- not so huge that eating the first course left no room for the second, and not so miserly that we left feeling cheated and hungry. The menu selection is extensive -- much larger than the previous menu. Each dish was presented artistically, and flavors were well balanced. Everything we had was delicious. Prices were reasonable given the quality.Special Features:
- good foodBachVIPDined on 8/22/2013We had the Houston restaurant week menu and it was quite nice. The fois gras creme brule with a fig sauce was creamy and rich. I used the extra French bread to clean the plate. The duo beef and pork tenderloins were extremely tender and juicy. The chocolat fondant was a small cake with warm melted chocolate inside. Delicious. I also had the ginger Rogers cocktail, it is a version of a monitor but with ginger syrup so it added a little zing to the drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good French foodyulya51Dined on 8/14/2013We really enjoyed this restaurant - the food was very good, the service was exceptional. A word of caution to future visitors - if you don't appreciate authentic (as much as gets in this country) French food and are going to order a Ceasar salad and a steak - pick some other place. It's not that american fare is bad there, just mediocre. But if you really enjoy tartars and cream brule - this place is unbelievable! Wine list is quite large, but the majority of wines are from California and Argentina. There are a few French ones, and we drank a pretty good "Margaux". All in all we really enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good dinnersteakloverVIPDined on 8/13/2013We tried Aura for the first time during HRW. What a pleasant surprise. The food was excellent and service friendly. We all enjoyed our meals and intend to return, though Sugarland is a little out of the way for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- France comes to Town CenterFryIsAManDined on 8/13/2013Very excited to have a French restaurant worthy of Paris here in our Sugar Land. The decor was reminiscent of a Paris cafe, the food was wonderful, and the overall ambiance of the restaurant was very relaxed. Looking forward to coming here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuv2dineoutVIPDined on 8/10/2013We were so much looking forward to a nice dinner on this evening after a very busy day. Wine list was just okay, crab begniets were good for the appetizer. I ordered Sea Bass expecting the beautiful, white, buttery Chilean variety , but what came was thin, still skinned, overdone, and muddy tasting. I could not eat it. I realize this was partly my mistake for not checking with the waiter, but also feel the restaurant was misleading by not advertising the type of sea bass on the menu. I would have asked for an explanation had I seen an unfamiliar name. My husband's tournedos of beef and pork were dry and over cooked for medium. The crusts on the berry cobbler were doughy and undercooked. We will not return.
- They can take a reservation but....Babsy2DinesDined on 8/9/2013Food and ambience were superb. Only complaint was we had reservations for 7:45 and upon arrival were told there was a wait. There was no where to wait, as the few bar stools were occupied and the bar had no tender. I then asked how long the wait would be and was told there was two couples ahead of us. We decided to go nearby for a drink. We called in 20 mins and a table still wasn't available. We eventually got seated around 8:30. We will return. Everything else was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, but like many othersbhetypaVIPDined on 8/6/2013I enjoyed the food and the glass installation on the wall. The service wad good. However I did not notice anything special that neighboring restaurants could not offer. Because the leased room is square in shape, there is not much of intimacy or ambiance the owners can so. The noise stays on and 4 walls don't allow much intricate ornaments.Special Features:
- first time & will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2013food was great! my family & I dined for hrw & it was a great experience that matches many higher end restaurants within the loop. I like that its close to where my parents live so we will definitely come back for special occasions. Price is high compared to surrounding location but worth it i think. They had a good cocktail too & my father enjoyed his wine. I cant wait to come back & try their regular dinner menu.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed mealShar101Dined on 7/24/2013Food was very good and was smaller in portion size with a great price for lunch. Service was good. Only complaint was noise level. The dining room is small and the noise really bounced around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother-Daughter LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2013We were very pleased with our first visit to Aura, after reading & hearing about it. As we walked in we were blessed to encounter the owner/chef who spent several minutes visting with us. Our waiter was attentive though busy. The food is delicious, especially the ceviche & the crepes - amazing! Plan to go with my husband next time. M.A.D.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I always enjoy the dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2013I always enjoy the dinning experience at Aura. Food and service is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2013Everything was wonderful. Really enjoyed the food and service as excellentSpecial Features:
- great food plenty of healthy optiongjrosaDined on 6/21/2013The menu has many great options that everyone will like. Would be great for a date night or group outing as well. Great fresh fish dishes - try the striped sea bass. Great bar too, but pricey. Dinner for two with one cocktail and an appetizer cost us about $100.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoritecbuckVIPDined on 6/21/2013I love the ambiance, the food, and the service! I've been a fan for years and love the new location with its feel of a French brasserie. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on point!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/20/2013I've been to both locations however the one in Sugar Land is more conveniently located. I absolutely love the bisque but have come to realize you can't go wrong with any of the soups. In most recent visits, I have fallen for the crab beignets--- I've never had better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/16/2013Went to Aura for brunch for the first time only having been there for dinner before. Extensive and creative menu to choose from (which was difficult). Very reasonably priced wines. Food was fantastic and so was our waiter, Alex. Highly recommend Aura.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2013The food was great and Iwe will return to taste the dises that we didn't get.Special Features:
- I had an order of Foie GrasEllaGDined on 5/30/2013I had an order of Foie Gras - and the chef's mood this time served it with goose liver pate with ever so lightly caramelized glaze on top and bits of pear seared in some incredible sauce, My partner had the Beignets De Crabes - and they are just that, beignets filled with jumbo lump crab meat. I had the fish special with asparagus risotto and my partner had the crispy pork shank and he had trouble keeping it to himself as I was chipping away at it as often as I could. Moist and bursting with flavors. Apple tart is a must and the chocolate mousse cake with molten lava inside ... I've been a patron of Aura for more than 15 years and I never had a less that fantastic and memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2013You have to scream to talk to someone just in front of you. Terrible ear ache after 5 min in this place. Not for romantic occasion for sure!Special Features:
- Aura Doesn't Disappoint!WineanddineDined on 5/15/2013Aura recently moved to Sugar Land Town Center and we were curious about the new location. We enjoyed an excellent anniversary dinner, and would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a special night out on the town. We ordered the filet mignon and the duck, and both entrees were delicious and perfectly cooked. The dessert trio of profiterole, creme brule and bread pudding was yummy! The service was excellent without being obnoxious. The ambience was interesting, although carpeting would add warmth to the interior. But we thoroughly enjoyed our evening of celebration and think the location change will work in Aura's favor.Special Features:
- FabulousJessicaDined on 5/14/2013My family and I have been going to the Aura's in Missouri City and were delighted that the same owners opened a restaurant in the Sugar Land Town Center. We went for the first time on Tuesday to celebrate a late Mother's Day. The food, atmosphere, and service was excellent as always. We are always impressed when eating at either of the Aura establishments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.