15977 City Walk
Sugar Land, TX 77479Neighborhood:
Sugar Land / Missouri City
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.aura-restaurant.com/
- Phone: (281) 403-2872
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from AURA Brasserie
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
AURA Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Sugar Land / Missouri City ›
AURA Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (27)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (21)romantic (16)great for brunch (11)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Not to die for but to live forlive2eatVIPDined on 11/16/2014Had the suckling roast pig hash with poached eggs for brunch. Was NOT to die for--it was to LIVE for---because living means can have it again, & again. Absolutely perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris, TexasBrandilynDined on 11/15/2014My party was preparing for our first trip to France and booked a table at Aura Brasserie as our kick off meal. We requested a patient and helpful waiter who would guide us through the menu and answer our curious questions regarding meal choices, course timing, and cultural differences. They did not disappoint. Our waiter spoke fluent French and was extremely kind and helpful. Our pate and crab beignets were wonderful and everyone got to taste test each others entrees in agreed approval of our choices. Excellently prepared. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We like to eatAsabalVIPDined on 11/14/2014We usually go because we have a special ocatiion and always the food it's good and on time and we like French food and is one of the best of the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great French comfort food on a cold evening.SugarLand77VIPDined on 11/14/2014Great French comfort food on a cold evening which included Beef Bourguignon and a Cocolette with sausage, duck leg and rib with white beans. Um!Special Features:
- Relaxed fine dining...preacherDined on 11/9/2014Quality cuisine prepared perfectly, nice ambiance, and professional service. $6.00 in "split fees" seemed excessive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food, great servicepkwhouVIPDined on 11/6/2014This is a favorite lunch spot for us. The food is always delicious, the service is consistent, friendly, and not rushed, and it has a great feel about it.Special Features:
- Aura BrasserieTakurdziDined on 11/4/2014Aura Brasserie is a nice French restaurant in the Sugar Land Town Square. The restaurant is small and reservations are recommended. The noise level was a littel on the high side and the food was of an average price for comparable restaurants. My family’s meals were very tasty, although not outstanding. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for French food, who was not willing to drive into Houston. But for those willing to drive an extra 20-30 minutes there are better French restaurants in the City.Special Features:
- menu not consistentJTCTDined on 10/31/2014The salad was the best that i had. The shank was not fall off the bone and the shepards pie was stuffing dried out.
- Sunday BrunchluvfoodieDined on 10/26/2014Loved, loved, loved the brunch as much as I have enjoyed dinner on several occasion. Service was great, food delicious and ambiance was so nice on a cool Sunday noon. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RICKYLEEDined on 10/17/2014Their Menu IS ALWAYS CHANGING WITH CHALKBOARD SPECIALS. So never gets boring - LOVE THE CRAWFISH BEIGNETS FOR STARTERS MY SALMON WAS DELICIOUS . special for the night. MY HUSBAND ORDERED THE BONE IN RIBEYE BUT WISHED HE WOULD HAVE ORDERED THE FILET MIGNON. T WAS GOOD, AND COOKED PROPERLY. JUST HIS PREFERENCE. ( A TAD TOO MUCH SAUCE ) SERVICE IS GREAT, ATTENTIVE BUT NOT STANDING OVER YOU. CHEF Perrier does a great job ! WE WILL RETURN FOR SURE. Not for Children though, adult night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finding a new treatJosephDined on 10/16/2014Had the pompono special paired with a delicious Bordeaux. Was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/10/2014This is a Great place for food and to bring a date. 3rd time Visiting and Always good!Special Features:
- Great service and wines!pkwhouVIPDined on 10/2/2014We have eaten here a few times now and are always please by how helpful and attentive the staff is. We usually just share a lot of small plates, which are great. This time we did the business lunch which was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite...Henry72Dined on 9/20/2014My wife, daughter and I have been here twice. Love the food, as well as the ambiance. It's very cosmopolitan, but without all the pretentiousness. It's been only getting better each time we've dined here, so much so that we plan to bring my parents here tomorrow night. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All goodmalsaysDined on 9/13/2014Nice saucing and spicing. Good job. Wait staff fine. a truly Parisian experience right here in Texas.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Chef always has a creative menu with ever changing specials! Extremely accommodating for food allergies. Awesome waitstaff-- they know their wines, are attentive but not overbearing, and remember preferences. Fantastic food in a lively atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Quality was very very poorjkbhDined on 8/26/2014Steaks cuts were of the lowest quality meat that won't cut or eat, full of fat--just bad. Salad was ok, desrts were ok. House wine was good.
- TightDisappointedMomDined on 8/22/2014Food was great! The place was too small and tight. Service was not very friendly and was rushed. Because the place was tight, you could hear other people's conversations and the tables and chairs were being hit by the servers and diners. Not very comfortable.Special Features:
- Good, but not first choice.MissMarVIPDined on 8/21/2014It was good, not great. I've had better filet mignon, though I liked the size. The place itself is nice. I probably won't return because there are better options.Special Features:
- Great Food & Quiet AmbianceNoNameDined on 8/20/2014We eat here whenever we want a great meal out in a place where we can have a quiet conversation and enjoy the food, ambiance and each other's company. In general, I don't understand most star ratings - if one gives a motel in Escalante UT 5 stars, what does one give the Ritz in Paris. In any case, I am comfortable giving AURA 5 stars regardless of the comparator. I don't intend to diss lodging in Escalante, we've stayed there and enjoyed our lodging, I just want to point out the subjectiveness of ratings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reminds me of ParisJannieDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is in the First Colony shopping area Town Center and looks like a French Bistro (tables are close together). It was packed and fairly noisy, but the food is great! We went for Houston Restaurant Weeks and had the fixed price menu. The foie gras appetizer was everything I expected it to be. The petit filet was so tender you could cut it with a fork and with a wonderful wine sauce that just made it perfect. We had a wonderful time with friends and our waiter Thomas was very friendly and brought out their birthday surprise, which is a goblet with cotton candy and a sparkler...lots of fun! We will definitely go back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aura - best restaurant!MiabakerDined on 8/15/2014Aura has never disappointed me. Absolutely fabulous French cuisine! Frederic is the real deal! This is European dining in Sugar Land - have wonderful specials for lunch and dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not returninglblikesfoodDined on 8/12/2014The pate fois gras with crème brûlée was excellent. The lobster bisque was thin with no actual lobster in it. The duck was average and a little dry. The blackberry cobbler was good but the carrot cake cupcake was lacking. With the lobster bisque, the bill was $45 per person and with a glass of wine, the entire bill was $200. I would rather spend that on a better meal or something else. The restaurant is small and becomes noisy. Our server was nice but we waited a great deal between courses and canceled our orders for coffee and espresso because we were finished with dessert before they even made it. We were there an hour and 45 minutes. I don't think I will be returning. I think such pervasive problems are not easily fixable.
- HRW_Auratrevnoc2Dined on 8/12/2014The lunch menu during restaurant week was limited but very good and of good value. It was very difficult to find the crabe inside the beignets, I hope this does not represent the beignets during the normal operation. I will try the restaurant in the evening for dinner a la carte when the choice is more diversify. I think is a keeperI would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night reviewerRectorDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed the restaurant. It was crowded. Wait staff indicated they were tired. Wine list okay. Food was good but not as excellent as I had remembered from my last visit. We were entertaining guests and wanted them to really be impressed.Special Features:
- Uncomfortable notice levelLivetoeatDined on 8/9/2014The food and service were great however due to the high notice level we will probably not return. Part of the problem was a party of 16 seated across from us and 8 of them were children under 6 years old . Why they felt this was an appropriate place for a birthday party is mind boggling . Our party of 4 could barely carry on a conversation . Maybe more soundproofing would help. Regardless , we rushed thru our dinner just do we could chat on the side walk.Special Features:
- Good French diningHIrvVIPDined on 8/8/2014Chef Perrier's food is always good! (Usually we dine at sister restaurant Coco Pazzo.) The lobster bisque not only is excellent, but for $10 is a bargain for the large serving. Be aware that the reflective walls and ceiling make for a noisy environment when the house is full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in casual setting.kittyloverDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went there Friday (Restaurant Week). We had 7:30 reservations, were seated promptly and enjoyed the next 1-1/2 hours. Conversation was possible in spite of the high volume in the restaurant and an extremely loud party near our table. From the prix fixe menu, we had an tuna/avocado tower appetizer- a generous portion of grilled tuna on guacamole with pico de gallo garnish. We had the escolar/eggplant and filet mignon for main courses. The grilled escolar was tasty, but had a butter based sauce too rich for my taste. Our waiter was attentive and gave excellent recommendations for wines by the glass to complement our dinners. I have not been disappointed by Aura's selection of wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unimpressiveSuzanneDined on 8/8/2014We were seated as soon as arriving. Staff was attentive although at times hard to understand. Lemon Drop martini was average even with Grey Goose vodka. Wine was excellent by glass. Noisy, uncomfortable seating. Tables too close together. 1st course delivered very timely. Salad fresh but dressing in adequate. Main course was steaks. One steak asked for medium rare came out medium. Both steaks chewy. Taste had to be adulterated with sauce. Vegetables/potatos appeared to have been taken off steam table....mushy. When told of birthday a very gaudy oversized glass with some kind of stuffing and a sparkler were delivered. A requested dessert to take 20 minutes to prepare declined. Crème Brulee unimpressive and elementary.
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Nice menu options. Great service, nice atmosphere. Went during the week, so the noise level was grest for conversation. We enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great eveningJHT64Dined on 8/5/2014Consistently great dining experience. Innovative cooking in a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014The food and service were wonderful. The waiter went the extra mile to make our lunch special. The chef and waiter were very helpful with regard to my gluten intolerance and recommended a number of wonderful gluten free options from the menu. I did not expect to have so many gluten free options. All three main course selections from the Restaurant Week menu were gluten free.Special Features:
- French excellenceFinedinerDined on 7/31/2014Very good food prepared with perfect sauces and an excellent wine selection. Good value and a great place to have in Sugarland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 370 reviews are from the AURA Brasserie reviews archive.
- Service isn't up to the priceEmemmDined on 7/25/2014The food was good and it was probably worth the $250 meal for four. However, the service was at the level I would expect from the local Chili's. Too long to wait for the initial drink order and specials discussion. Abandoned between appetizers and main course. Empty plates sat on the table for a long time. We only tipped 15%.Special Features:
- I love this restaurantKB120VIPDined on 7/25/2014I've been at least 8 times. The wait staff is superb. Dining here is a good experience and the food is delicious. I will keep coming back!Special Features:
- Evening DelightLovetoeat22Dined on 7/19/2014We went on a Saturday night my husband and I for our anniversary. We had been to this restaurant before and loved it so decided to go back. Ordered Pork Shank a favorite presentation was different but it was still delicious. It's a great place to take guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!chrissyjDined on 7/12/2014I have been twice now. Once with a group and once with my husband. The best part for a large group is the bill is broken down into indiv by # who had what. I am big on just tossing my card in but hard when it is a mixed group of not all close friends. It is loud but not an issue. Food is outstanding and I have never had a bad dish. Great options.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014Great food and service and I liked that the menu offered dishes you can't find in other places in Sugar Land.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!evodiusDined on 6/24/2014The noise level was a little high when the place wasn't even half full, but the food was excellent. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Great food with reasonable priceMomooDined on 6/20/2014We have been here several times, and they always offer great selection business lunch special with really affordable price. You get great food with good presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.