Augustino's Italian Restaurant
8028 S Emerson Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46237Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Augustino's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.augustinosindy.com/
- Phone: 3178651099
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Donavan Koester
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Caterings available For delivery 24/7 with exception to holidays.
A word from Augustino's Italian Restaurant
Started in 2003, Augustino's Italian Restaurant strives to bring authentic Italian cuisine and culture to the Midwest. Our menus offer a wide variety of Italian-American classics like Spaghetti & Meatballs and Lasagna, as well as more traditional Italian dishes like our signature Sicetti and Caprese Salad. From the old Italian families decorating our walls to the garlic herb butter served with our freshmade Italian bread, this is 100% Italian culture at its best. Don't miss out on our wine list either- It's unrivaled for Italian varietals you can't find anywhere else!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Augustino's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- AnneVIPDined on 8/19/2014Outstanding service, spectacular food! A delight from start to finish!Special Features:
- averageenderVIPDined on 7/30/2014I have tried Augustino's in the past and was never impressed. The service was also very terrible. This was when the restaurant was new so I thought I would give it another try. The service wasn't bad so that was a definite improvement over the past. The food?? Just ok.
- Great Place to DineAsatisfiedcustomerDined on 6/28/2014My friends and I always know that we'll have a great experience when we choose Augustino's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the Augustino's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great RestaurantJimYDined on 6/20/2014A classy restaurant. Service was good. Food was wonderful. My date and I enjoyed our meal. So much more romantic than the Olive Garden and a lot quieter. Food portions were very large and hot. Obviously meals are prepared when ordered.Special Features:
- Good Italian foodIndyKansanDined on 5/26/2014We came with a large group and they were very accommodating. The bread provided isn't anything special but the other appetizers were fantastic. The red sauce was extremely good we had as was the gnocchi that was my main dish. The food is a little slow in coming but I think that's a testament to the quality of what's prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- phyllis1Dined on 5/21/2014The tables were attractively pre-set for our party of 9 and the hostess was extremely patient while we waited for all 9 to arrive. The waitress was exceptional! She was very helpful with the menu selections and very attentive. We had a leisurely lunch and did not feel rushed to "eat and leave" the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Great authentic Italian cuisine at a reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, excellent foodScottDined on 3/8/2014Booked reservation on open table, but when we arrived was informed they never get open table reservations. Hostess was very accommodating even though she did not have our reservation. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this little placeMoMoDined on 3/1/2014We enjoy our meals here every time. Service was great, waitress was friendly but not intrusive, house wine was great. Had Toscano Ravioli, a pasta diavolo dish along with a caesar salad and a house salad. House vinaigrette is very good. Atmosphere is typical for a neighborhood restaurant. Nothing too fancy, but very nice and clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Good As BeforeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/19/2014I have been to Augustino's previously but it has been awhile and this time the food was not all that good as I remembered. I believe the restaurant changed hands awhile back and perhaps something happened in that change. The wait staff was nice but still lacked something in the service. Maybe they were too busy due to the wine tasting also taking place at the tables next to ours. I was disappointed as I feel the southside is lacking in both the quantity and quality of good dining at a reasonable price.
- Food was Very Good, serviceJimboDined on 2/14/2014Food was Very Good, service was slow, waitress was good, but the Kitchen help was slow getting the food out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very great. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2014The food was very great. The service was excellent. I got my reservation from "Open Table". Even though I had a confirmation, the restaurant was not notified of my reservation. However, Augustino's took care of the situation, and we had a very enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- Good selection of entrees.LindaDined on 2/1/2014Good selection of entrees. Veggie lasagna is especially good. Spaghetti had a lot of meat sauce - very good. Even the bread is good. Try the tiramisu (both light and rich) and the cannoli which are both perfect after pasta.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTouristaDined on 11/30/2013The food was great, the atmosphere was lacking. I was there for good food and was not disappointed, wait service was good as well. Food is home made and very good. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have dined at Augustino'sLindaDined on 11/14/2013I have dined at Augustino's twice in the last month and each was a pleasurable dining experience. The vegetable lasagna is exceptional with a rich Alfredo sauce. The tomato basil linguini in olive oil is very light yet flavorful. Leave room for dessert because the tiramisu is excellent. If you haven't been there for a while, or looking for a new place to dine, I highly recommend Augustino's .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood on the declinelongtimecustomerDined on 9/30/2013Chef Aaron - You are missed. Had not been to Augustino's since for some months but the change in owner ship is evident. While the reconfigured seating is good, the food taste has declined. Always loved going to Augustino's and always treated extremely well. This trip was a major disappointment. The lasagna carne has always been a favorite. This time it was barely warm and the recipe has changed. Not the known and loved flavor I have known over the years and enjoyed so very much.Sorry to say it will be some time before we return to what has always been a neighborhood gem and southside staple in this area. Very disappointed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- italian strip mall restaurantVisitorVIPDined on 8/29/2013Meh. Not worth the time or money. Not bad, just not good either.
- Can't believe it's a strip mall!improvandreaVIPDined on 6/24/2013We found this hidden gem through the Open Table iPhone app when we were in the area. We had the toasted ravioli appetizer, and split the pasta sampler (which for $4/split plate charge includes an extra salad). One of our pastas we had prepared "diavolo style", the house specialty, labeled as spicy. We love spicy foods and typically find that spicy sauces aren't, but this one was amazing! Definitely spicy enough for our palates and we'd both order it again. Service was friendly and prompt, but the one drawback was that when we asked our server for a wine recommendation, she explained she wasn't old enough. Instead of sending over a server or bartender to talk to us, we guessed, then found out the bottle we chose was sold out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menuElderjoyDined on 6/14/2013Great menu and well suited for vegetarian. Much smaller than expected for such a large menu offerings as seen on their website. They had some construction in process (not at dining time) which seemed to have cut down the dining area a bit -maybe a bar. There was a large group who were having some kind of installation ceremony. We were overwhelmed with their prayers and speech making. Just only two open rooms. Didn't see any meeting place. The place is just too small for that. We will definitely go back to try other dishes and hopefully no big meetings going on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.