401 W. 4th St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27101Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.augustinesbistro.com/
- Phone: (336) 293-8357
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Vegetarian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Muck
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Catered service in a private room is available on the 10th floor of the Stevens Center. A/V services available. The mezzanine floor of the Stevens Center is also available for private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Aly Reich 3362938357
- Special Events: We frequently have special dinners and wine tastings - visit www.augustinesbistro.com for details.
A word from Augustine's Bistro
Located in the heart of Winston-Salem, beside the Stevens Center for the Performing Arts. Augustine's Bistro serves delicious French cuisine and American favorites. There is a large selection of small plates/appetizers to choose from for those who prefer tapas-style dining. There are also a large number of vegetarian dishes to choose from. Enjoy specialty cocktails and craft beers, as well as a wide variety of wines from our full-service bar. Reserve a table on the patio to enjoy a balmy Piedmont evening and watch downtown Winston-Salem come alive!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Augustine's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (8)special occasion (8)good for groups (7)hot spot (3)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Delicious FoodKittyDined on 11/15/2014We have eaten here three times now and the food has been wonderful each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Our food was very good, but the portions were not large enough for some men.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LightingOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014Staff needs to more attentive to the lighting levels in the dining areas. Tends to be WAY TOO BRIGHT. Cocktail napkins were provided for H2O glasses, but the Martini glasses were placed directly on the table with no napkin. ?? Overall a good place for pre-performance at Stevens Center as well as post-show drink.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to love it...WaitstafftrainingDined on 11/4/2014The location and atmosphere of this restaurant are fantastic, perfect for a pre-show meal or post show dessert. But the food was only so-so even though the menu descriptions sound complex. The BabaGanoush tasted of neither eggplant nor garlic (the 2 main ingredients), MOST disappointing was the service. The wine did not come out to us until AFTER our appetizers arrived sight until we were finished with the meal, and when I asked for water he never brought it. Dessert, a piece of cheesecake, too almost 10 minutes to arrive. The dinner became very stressful as we watched the clock tick away and our showtime getting closer. The service obviously really soured our opinion of the whole meal.
- Try the Duck ConfitWizardOfBalanceDined on 11/1/2014It was some of the best I've ever had in my life. Coupled with excellent service and a visit from the chef, we had an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- Winston Salem's Newest BistroFoodInCTDined on 10/25/2014I enjoyed a wonderful dinner for 19 this past weekend at Augustine's. What made the dinner memorable was how much the entire staff went out of the way to make us feel welcome. With such a large group, it is tough sometimes to make them work. Service was great, food was excellent, and the environment we had hoped for (fun and engaging without being stuffy) worked well. Highly recommended...check it out!Special Features:
- Augustine's BistroJoyDattaVIPDined on 10/24/2014We made reservations on Open Table days ahead. When we arrived, we were seated in the front of the restaurant close to the exit. There were tables in the a back of the restaurant away from all the noise. When I asked our server why we were seated near the entrance, he replied that this section was mainly for walk-in customers. I guess Open Table reservations count as walk-in reservations. My wife and daughter had to request steak knives when their filets were served. I asked the gentleman that brought us the water, what was in their "Demon Deacon" drink special. He said he had no idea. He didn't make an attempt to find out nor send anyone over who knew.
- Love this placeMoondoggieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Winston-Salem is short on tapas menu restaurants as well as French cuisine. The re-invention of this restaurant into a small-plate French inspired restaurant helps fill both gaps. Everything her is wonderful and the service is always top notch.Special Features:
- Good small plates menuRobynfranceDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed our dinner here where I booked for my husband's birthday. We had a variety of offerings; all were well-prepared and enjoyable. I would say the small plates menu is the star here and we would probably use that for our choices in the future as there is excellent variety and the main dishes are limited. The soup and calamari were both excellent and my husband enjoyed the trout. Although all wished my husband a happy birthday, they charged for dessert which ordinarily is complimentary on a birthday in restaurants in the area. Also, the atmosphere would have benefitted from white table cloths--tables were bare --and some flowers. It seemed a bit plain for an upscale experience. Service was very nice. All in all we would return.Special Features:
- My BirthdayfoodISmyhobbyDined on 9/18/2014This was my first time at the restaurant. I expected good service and decent food, but they went far beyond that. My roasted Duck was cooked the way I love it. My server did more than just set aside a place for my very loud family. He actually talked to us, corrected our mispronunciations (in a nice, patient way), and smiled through every odd request. I only regret not giving him that piece of my birthday cake that I promised. My bad.Special Features:
- Yummy!cgm1028Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I are never disappointed at Augustine. On this particular night I ordered the Cassoulet special and he had the grilled salmon. Both dinners were cooked perfectly. Their wine list has some wonderful offerings. We ended the evening with the bread pudding which was sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDianaSDined on 9/5/2014The food was very good. We were sad to see the sliders were not on the menu on the night we went. The service was a little slow.Special Features:
- Loved itMoondoggieVIPDined on 8/23/2014I was a fan of Mind I and was sorry to see it close. I am very pleased that they kept all of my favorite dishes and added a few new favorites. This is a great addition to the local dining scene!Special Features:
- TboneVIPDined on 8/15/2014Definitely an improvement but still not the quality we had hoped for for such an awesome location in the heart of the city.Special Features:
- Food!Local132Dined on 8/6/2014Food was FANTASTIC! Especially several of the appetizers would def recommend to anyone looking for something different from the usual fair downtown. Really the only drawback (not a huge one) This place is brand new, and we had new waiters who still need a bit of training. But they were courteous and timely enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Augustine's Bistro reviews archive.