401 W. 4th St.
Winston-Salem, NC 27101Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.augustinesbistro.com/
- Phone: 3362938357x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Saturday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Vegetarian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Eric Muck
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Catered service in a private room is available on the 10th floor of the Stevens Center. A/V services available. The mezzanine floor of the Stevens Center is also available for private dining.
- Private Party Contact: Aly Reich 3362938357
- Special Events: We frequently have special dinners and wine tastings - visit www.augustinesbistro.com for details.
A word from Augustine's Bistro
Located in the heart of Winston-Salem, beside the Stevens Center for the Performing Arts. Augustine's Bistro serves delicious French cuisine and American favorites. There is a large selection of small plates/appetizers to choose from for those who prefer tapas-style dining. There are also a large number of vegetarian dishes to choose from. Enjoy specialty cocktails and craft beers, as well as a wide variety of wines from our full-service bar. Reserve a table on the patio to enjoy a balmy Piedmont evening and watch downtown Winston-Salem come alive!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Augustine's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (8)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Love this placeMoondoggieVIPDined on 10/10/2014Winston-Salem is short on tapas menu restaurants as well as French cuisine. The re-invention of this restaurant into a small-plate French inspired restaurant helps fill both gaps. Everything her is wonderful and the service is always top notch.Special Features:
- Good small plates menuRobynfranceDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed our dinner here where I booked for my husband's birthday. We had a variety of offerings; all were well-prepared and enjoyable. I would say the small plates menu is the star here and we would probably use that for our choices in the future as there is excellent variety and the main dishes are limited. The soup and calamari were both excellent and my husband enjoyed the trout. Although all wished my husband a happy birthday, they charged for dessert which ordinarily is complimentary on a birthday in restaurants in the area. Also, the atmosphere would have benefitted from white table cloths--tables were bare --and some flowers. It seemed a bit plain for an upscale experience. Service was very nice. All in all we would return.Special Features:
- My BirthdayfoodISmyhobbyDined on 9/18/2014This was my first time at the restaurant. I expected good service and decent food, but they went far beyond that. My roasted Duck was cooked the way I love it. My server did more than just set aside a place for my very loud family. He actually talked to us, corrected our mispronunciations (in a nice, patient way), and smiled through every odd request. I only regret not giving him that piece of my birthday cake that I promised. My bad.Special Features:
- Yummy!cgm1028Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I are never disappointed at Augustine. On this particular night I ordered the Cassoulet special and he had the grilled salmon. Both dinners were cooked perfectly. Their wine list has some wonderful offerings. We ended the evening with the bread pudding which was sublime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodDianaSDined on 9/5/2014The food was very good. We were sad to see the sliders were not on the menu on the night we went. The service was a little slow.Special Features:
- Loved itMoondoggieVIPDined on 8/23/2014I was a fan of Mind I and was sorry to see it close. I am very pleased that they kept all of my favorite dishes and added a few new favorites. This is a great addition to the local dining scene!Special Features:
- TboneVIPDined on 8/15/2014Definitely an improvement but still not the quality we had hoped for for such an awesome location in the heart of the city.Special Features:
- Food!Local132Dined on 8/6/2014Food was FANTASTIC! Especially several of the appetizers would def recommend to anyone looking for something different from the usual fair downtown. Really the only drawback (not a huge one) This place is brand new, and we had new waiters who still need a bit of training. But they were courteous and timely enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Augustine's Bistro reviews archive.