August Henry's City Saloon
946 Penn Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
August Henry's City Saloon
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.augusthenrys.com/
- Phone: 4127653270
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Burgers
- Executive Chef: Christopher Schallus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from August Henry's City Saloon
August Henry’s City Saloon is located in the heart of Pittsburgh’s Cultural District across from the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. One of Pittsburgh’s more popular restaurants, August Henry’s is best known for its Steaks and burgers, offering both a lunch and dinner menu with a responsible wait staff to serve you daily. The lunch menu has a large selection of classic sandwiches, burgers and large salads like the Sweet Potato Chicken Salad. The dinner menu offers a great selection of dinner entrees to please anyone"s taste. Whether you're hungry for a big juicy New York Strip Steak, a Kobe beef burger, grilled Atlantic Salmon, Stuffed Chicken Marsala or one of our great pasta dishes August Henry's has a variety of entrees to please your palate. Our highly trained Bartenders will always have the perfect drink waiting for you from our world-class beer selection or your choice of spirits or wines. Reservations are always recommended.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
August Henry's City Saloon reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best crab cakesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014Unlike most crab cakes, these are almost all crab making them a bargain. For a light meal, I suggest the crab salad ( one cake) and then fill up on a first rate dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disapointedchuckDined on 7/31/2014The restaurant was essentially empty while others nearby were full ? We started with the fried zucchini to test the menu. The Zucchini was more breading than zucchini. It was hard to cut with a knife ! We left not willing to try anything else. The menu that we were provided was for a different day ,
- Nice place in the middle of town.ShaksmomDined on 7/11/2014Dined at August Henry's prior to the Cultural District's Gallery Crawl. Started out with Friday's Happy Hour Martinis--$6.00--several to choose from. Fish Tacos were good as were the main dish salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014This was our first visit. Overall, very good and pleased. We will be back. My wife had Tuna (yellow fin). The Tuna was very good, not great but very good. I had the Kobe Beef burger on a pretzel bun. Very good. The menu is pretty large and varied.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls nite out.Love2WinDined on 6/28/2014We were able to get into the restaurant when most of the restaurants in the area were busy. The food was good but everything was a little too well done: steak, ahi tuna, and crab cakes. I think it might have been so busy that the kitchen was struggling to do everything and to do it well. The chicken and artichoke dip was awesome. I had the crab cakes which were good, but dry bc they were over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good meal and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014We dined here before a show at the Benedum. The service was quick enough that we had plenty of time to get to the show, without being rushed. There was no gluten-free menu but the chef was able to accommodate my needs.
- Pittsburgh's Best Kept SecretPEM210Dined on 6/25/2014I have been going to August Henry for the last 4 years. Bought à fund raiser book with a coupon in it and was going to the Benedum and figured I would give it a try. Food selection, ambience, service, affordability .... Now have gone there every time I am in Pittsburgh ... Have introduced August Henry to many friends and they also are return customers ... On a scale of one to ten rating I give it a TEN. Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent pre-theater dinnerTulip31Dined on 6/13/2014The best things about August Henry's were that we got a reservation at the last minute and the food was really good. I recommend the sweet potato crusted chicken salad and the sangria. It took a while to get our food, but we still made it to the Benedum on time. Typical bar atmosphere - nothing special. Prices were reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningWinston1961Dined on 6/6/2014We had reservations at 6:00 on a Friday for the theatre and were seated right away. Service was a little disjointed but acceptable. The food was good and there was a lot of noise from the happy hour crowd. Tables are a little close together and the lighting was florescent office lighting which I did not like much. Overall, it was a good experience and would go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great, not bad eithervacuum2Dined on 5/31/2014Nothing really memorable about our dinner at August Henry's, but nothing bad. The location in the cultural district was what interested me about the place. We got dinner there before a show at the Byham. Our appetizer was very good. We had the fried zucchini. There wasn't really anything memorable about our entrees. My wife got the salmon pasta and I got the evening's special. Overall, not bad, just not particularly good or memorable.
- The following 2 reviews are from the August Henry's City Saloon reviews archive.
- Read before you make reservationsFletchDined on 5/24/2014It is a nice restaurant and good food, but if you are pressed for time or have to be out to have a show to go to it probably won't make it. That's happend to us twice. We made reservations for 6:15 and after 7:45 we get our food and had to just get up and leave it on the table because we had to get to Hienz hall for a show at 8pm. They are nice at this restaurant but very slow if they are busy.
- good food but noisyctdinerDined on 5/16/2014Food was great - very tasty and good value for the $. Good drink menu with nice martini specials on Friday. Very loud environment though, and they seated us next to a table of 6 so really hard to carry on conversation.Special Features: