Audrey's at the Johnson and Wales Inn
213 Taunton Ave.
Seekonk, MA 02771Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Audrey's at the Johnson and Wales Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.jwinn.com/aud.htm
- Phone: 5083364636
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 10:00am; Brunch Buffet: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Paul Dobish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: With over 23,000 square feet of function space divided between eleven meeting event areas, the Inn is capable of handling groups from eight to 800. With world-renowned culinary instructors and apprentice chefs, the Johnson & Wales Inn is ready to provide you with the first-class service you expect!
- Private Party Contact: Sales office 5083364636
- Special Events: Breakfast Buffet every Sunday from 7:30am to 1pm.
A word from Audrey's at the Johnson and Wales Inn
Audrey’s, “Where Johnson and Wales shows it’s class” The flagship restaurant of Johnson and Wales University is an arena to showcase the talent of the universities staff, faculty and student body. The dining is casual but elegant, the menu is traditional American cuisine with flair, which changes seasonally, focusing on local ingredients. Our local dishes are produced with the influences of our diverse ethnic population. Audrey's service staff and students deliver relaxed but attentive service while functioning as ambassadors of the university. Audrey’s is the quality and value people expect from every dining experience. The menu offers monthly educational information, focusing on local food products or producers. This feature helps educate students and customers about the quality and value of local products. Audrey's also features monthly wine specials. Samples will be served to guests as they are greeted and related information will be highlighted on the menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Audrey's at the Johnson and Wales Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
- Always a wonderful time here.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012Always a wonderful time here. The food is consistantly good! The wait staff and servers are friendly and efficient. Overall a nice dining experience.Special Features:
- While service was very pleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2012While service was very pleasant it was a bit slow. Server seemed inexperienced. The food was great and the ambiance very warm and inviting. Tables are well placed to allow for privacy, which is something you don't often find today.Special Features:
- the food was good but theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012the food was good but the wait was over 45 min. after we ordered.
- Service was slow, even withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2012Service was slow, even with only four tables occupied and three servers. Food was very good except for one entree which was over-seasoned (both the protien and the side dishes). Portions are small. Cheese sampler only came with three pieces of grilled Italian bread and when we asked for me, our server brought out grilled rolls instead (useless with the cheeses).Special Features:
- Service was great except forOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Service was great except for one thing, I felt like we waited a long time to get our appetizer, once that came, everything else fell into place on time.Special Features:
- Disappointing Thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011This was a Thanksgiving dinner that I/we will remember for a long time for all the wrong reasons. Not only was the food in no way extraordinary, it reminded me of the sort of Thanksgiving dinner one might find at a church or Salvation Army Thanksgiving meal for the homeless: tastless turkey, big globs of boring unflavorful mashed potatoes and stuffing (neither one of us felt motivated to taste more than a bite or two), and uninspired accompaniments (soup too sweet). The service was poor: we had to remind the server three times to bring the rolls that had been promised; one of us would probably have ordered a second glass of wine had the opportunity presented itself. All in all, lackluster to the extreme. And to top it off, the cost was high
- Wonderful Thanksgiving dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/24/2011We went to Audrey's for Thanksgiving dinner and had a wonderful experience. The service was impeccable, as always, and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Portions were appropriatelybunnyqDined on 7/15/2011Portions were appropriately sized. Nicely presented.
- Lovely room and building,soundmealDined on 5/8/2011Lovely room and building, pleasant staff, and very nicely done entrees. Moderate price and a good value. The offerings were more limited than expected at a culinary arts facility. We understand that the downturn in economy led to a shift in offerings, something that is quite understandable. However, though lovely and delicious, it does not stand out as "special destination" location other than the novelty that is the workplace for a culinary arts and hospitality management academy.Special Features:
- Students who love what they doOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/30/2011Audrey's was a restaurant that I'd never heard of until I discovered it on Open Table. Our server Blake was excellent, very attentive and seemed to love what he was doing. We started the meal with the calamari, which ended up being the best calamari that I have ever had. Now I'll be disappointed with any other calamari that I eat anywhere else. He recommended the Salmon dish and I loved it. My date got the chicken breast dish and she really enjoyed it as well. This restaurant is run by students, one that was working that night (she was Asian, I don't remember her name) stopped by to give us drinks and said it was her 1st night. She seemed confident despite this. Overall I was very impressed, and will recommend Audreys to all of my frienSpecial Features:
- My wife and I celebrated ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/13/2011My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at this resturant, we enjoyed everything from start to finish. Although it is a training resturant for culinary students we found it to be very professional and charming at the same time. we will return.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience WonderfulJanaDined on 9/5/2010Wonderful experience Wonderful kitchen staff wonderful wait staff. Can't be beat!Special Features:
- Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!!JanaDined on 9/5/2010Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!! Can't praise the staff enough!
- I just love being here atJanaDined on 9/4/2010I just love being here at Audrey's. This is my treasure--finding happy, people, wonderful front dest staff, restaurant staff, and kitchen staff. I know my stay for a few days will be one of the best!!!!! Plan to return in a few months.
- We were in the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2009We were in the restaurant on Halloween night so we were only one of 4 or 5 tables. The service was very good as was the food.Special Features:
- I was disappointed becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2009I was disappointed because the menu in the restaurant was very different from the one shown on their website. The descriptions of the items on the actual menu were not very appetizing.Special Features:
- We had a party of 10 whichOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2009We had a party of 10 which you seated together and all were extremely pleased with the choice and quality of foods on your brunch tables. Particularly good was the eggs benedict, the lobster omelette and the bread pudding and sauce... We would come back when we are in town again and highly recommend it to our friends and acquaintances.Special Features:
- This was my family's firstOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2009This was my family's first time at Audrey's. We went there for their Sunday brunch...it was excellent. The best cooked bacon I've had in a long time. The staff were very friendly. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Audreys is a hidden gem. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2009Audreys is a hidden gem. The food is excellent and the wine was superb! Service is atttentive and appropriate. Everything was extremely professional!Special Features:
- food was very good. only complaintOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2009food was very good. only complaint i would have is that the orange juice is from concentrate. i appreciate that juice that is not from concentrate is very costly, however I think that there are better grades of concentrated OJ. Other than the OJ everything was very good.Special Features:
- My experience at Audrey'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2009My experience at Audrey's was one that I will never forget. My waitress was Vanessa and she was quite the waitress; conversational, very positive, and provided excellent service. My special request was fulfilled with out any confusion. The food was outstanding and the atmosphere was just perfect for the occasion. My first year anniversary was made very special by the people at Audrey's restaurant. Thank You.Special Features:
- There for dinner in the eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/5/2009There for dinner in the evening and then country breakfest next morning. We had dined in Montpelier culinary school restaurant several times and had great meals with great service. However, very disappointing for a restaurant operated by J & W culinary school. The dining room temperature was set to an uncomfortable cold. Had to ask several times to turn the AC down and finally to turn the AC completely off in the section of the dining room where we sat. The short rib dish with the gravy was overly salted and googey. The next morning we had the country breakfast buffet was worst than the dinner. Everything looked and tasted institutional i.e. fake scrambled eggs, etc.
- It's probably hard to find,DissatisfiedDined on 7/1/2009It's probably hard to find, but it's worth the effort. That was the best herb-encrusted salmon dish I have ever had.
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2009We had a wonderful experience here. Our waitress, Izzy, was fantastic and the food was exceptional. I wouldn't hesitate coming back for any occasion, special or not.Special Features:
- the waiter needed more trainingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2009the waiter needed more training on customer service.Special Features:
- Wait staff seemed in a hurryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/8/2008Wait staff seemed in a hurry to move us along even though the restaurant was almost empty. after ordering we waited an inordinate amount of time between our appetizer and our main course being brought out.
- Excellent food, pleasant,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2008Excellent food, pleasant, well-informed service, lovely place. Diners serious about or curious about food should try it. Talk to the staff; they have all sorts of information about the food and the profession. This place is special. I can't figure out why the local press doesn't even mention this place.Special Features:
- The food was creative anddrwojoVIPDined on 7/31/2008The food was creative and prepared well. The restaurant is run by the students of Johnson and Wales, and they do a noce job. Service is good and the food tasty. Not spectacular, but good. The braised short ribs were very good. I had expected that the school would subsidize the restaurant some to keep prices down, but this is not the case. It's a little overpriced but I would go again because the students work very hard to make this a nice romantic restaurant.Special Features:
- The food was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/2008The food was excellent. The only negative was that the dining room really needed a good dusting. There was also a raucous retirement party going on, but the staff made every effort to seat us as far away as possible so as not to have the party interfere with our meal. In all, it was a nice experience.Special Features:
- We went for Sunday breakfast.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/29/2008We went for Sunday breakfast. Food was very basic - eggs, bacon, sausage, etc. with an omelet station. Omelet station went slow with only one person making them. Service was mediocre - at first coffee was refilled and dishes were cleared, but for one round only. After that we were left to fend for ourselves.
- We had a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2008We had a wonderful experience. It was several years between visits and we were very pleased J&W still provides excellent service, food, etc. Thanks so much.Special Features:
- The service wasn't very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2008The service wasn't very good. Although there were very few people in the restaurant, our waiter forgot to bring things. Also, he wasn't very knowledgeable about the menu or if we could make substitutions. While the other three meals were OK, my lobster saute was off. I think the lobster was old and had a bad (spoiled) taste to it, so it was inedible. Also, there was too much oil in the sauted vegetables.