Auberge du Pommier
4150 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M2P 2C6Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
Auberge du Pommier
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://aubergedupommier.com/
- Phone: 4162222220x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Motonobu Nishimura
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Auberge du Pommier offers two exclusive private dining rooms for corporate and social events. The restaurant is also available for full buy-outs Saturday lunch and Sunday lunch and dinner, accommodating up to 145 guests. In season enjoy a lush garden terrace for outdoor ceremonies and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events and Catering 8883388707
- Cross Street: Yonge St. & York Mills
- Public Transit: York Mills Subway Station is located one block south of the restaurant on Yonge Street.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Underground parking is available in the Yonge Corporate Centre parking facility and is complimentary to dinner guests after 5:30pm. Please take a ticket to the restaurant where we will gladly validate.
*Please note, we are unable to validate any above ground paid parking.
A word from Auberge du Pommier
An exquisite French restaurant constructed around the rustic vestiges of two 1860's woodcutter's cottages. Cozy wood burning fireplaces in winter and lush garden terraces in summer. Inspired modern French cuisine, seasonal tasting menus lunch and dinner, and a 500 label wine selection has something for every palate. One of Toronto's Top 10 Restaurants. "The service at Auberge du Pommier is silken smooth and deliciously attentive; the ambiance is luxe; and the food is very good French technique using impeccable ingredients." Joanne Kates, The Globe and Mail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Auberge du Pommier - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Auberge du Pommier reviews from OpenTable diners
416 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (341)romantic (294)fit for foodies (212)notable wine list (193)neighborhood gem (112)great for outdoor dining (111)great for lunch (109)good for groups (75)great for brunch (42)scenic view (30)hot spot (22)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- EspectacularErickFloresDined on 10/14/2014I have been visiting this lovely place since 2010 and it is always a pleasure to enjoy not only the ambience but the exquisite food and delightful service. Please update online menu, since Canard is not longer available at dinner. Great choice for business and romantic rendezvous!Special Features:
- DoodleDined on 10/14/2014Excellent experience! We enjoyed it tremendously We, 'Ll come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaceyDined on 10/8/2014Fantastic place for business lunch and food was out of this world delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Auberge du PommierGood2dineDined on 10/7/2014This was my 1st time at this restaurant, and I had an excellent experience. The flavour of the food was wonderful. I would definitely return, and tell my friends and family.Special Features:
- Still Number 1 In Our HeartsPJSGDined on 10/7/2014We were married at Auberge on a beautiful sunny January day in 2006. The food that was served that day was spectacular. Every time we have visited Auberge since that glorious day, the food is every bit as good, maybe even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!bestdinneryetDined on 10/4/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our Anniversary dinner last Saturday. The staff was very helpful and friendly and they will put you at ease as soon as you walk in. The food was great tasting and prepared to perfection in beautiful plate settings! Can't say enough good things about our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant extraordinary experienceuberfoodieDined on 10/4/2014Is it possible to have exeeded expectations? Yes! It was visually stunning and delicious. Our table was looked after by Andrew who was charming as well as knowlegable. I am already planning a return visit. I am recommending to all my friends. Thank you to everyone at the restaurant for a wonderful nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced, ostentatiousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014This restaurant is past it's time. The very limited lunch menu was overpriced, albeit very nicely prepared and tasty. Service was good but the whole environment was ostentious snobberySpecial Features:
- Real restaurantimroDined on 10/2/2014Real restaurant. No tv screens, what a delight. Good food, winelist and service. The kitchen can be a bit more flexible. We either all had to take the menu or all a la carte. And not all at our table wanted the menu, so we all ended up going a la carte. Because the kitchen could not handle the request. Do not expect that from a real restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great! Portions tiny!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014My friend ordered the swordfish. It's not a good sign when 3/4 of the plate was empty for an entree, especially considering the price. Drizzling one line of sauce over the empty plate does not help. We also order the lobster appetizer. There were 3 piece of lobster, about half the size of my thumb!!!! The rest of the plate had 3 small pieces of watermelon and cheese. It's more like an amuse bouche at an entree price.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Andie38Dined on 9/29/2014We had our anniversary dinner here and it did not disappoint. The ambience is lovely, and the food was spectacular. Great service, friendly staff. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual flawless experienceTasteDined on 9/27/2014It was my husbands birthday and we always go here for special occasions and the service and food have been outstanding ..not the experience to be found on this Saturday..we had a reservation for 9pm,, got there at 845 and were made to wait till 915..when I checked on my table at 905 I was told it's not quite 9 yet making me feel like I was lying ..not quite the answer I was expecting ..on asking the second time we were offered a glass of champagne to make up..service was slow ...food average ..my cake for the dessert felt stale ..even though it was called angel cake and I was expecting a light sponge cake ..our waiter pretty much demanded a cash tip as we were using a gift voucher and a percentage would have gotten him a lower tip..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a very relaxing eveningmapleleafsDined on 9/27/2014Overall, Auberge du Pommier offers a good selection of dishes that are both well prepared and interestingly presented. The Saturday evening crowd made it difficult for the service staff to be attentive enough to suit my tastes, with long pauses between their visits to enquire whether they could do anything to serve my wife and I. However, their pleasant demeanor helped to diffuse some of the discontent. In spite of the high marks I’d give them for ambience and the quality of the food, the service level was mediocre at best, and the noise level was especially frustrating, with us being seated next to a large round table of raucous diners, most of whom didn’t seem to appreciate the fact they were eating in a quality restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Fantastic! Excellent food and service. Had the tasting menu with the wine pairing. Expensive but great for special occasions.Special Features:
- 4th time and still a charmRayrayDined on 9/22/2014Came here for my 1st anniversary, had a great experience the last three times I was here and did not disappoint. Tried the set menu, Menu Gourmund and the appetizer blew us away, granted that made us a little more judgmental about the other courses but oh well. Staff was fantastic, rhymed off a few puns with one of the servers and our waiter was fantastic.Special Features:
- A one-time only placeTorontoVisitorDined on 9/22/2014The food was good. The prices were too high for the location, food and service. The service was okay but bordered on obsequious (we didn't need to know the server's life story!)Special Features:
- Another great mealFuzzyBeaverVIPDined on 9/20/2014The menu is constantly changing so there are new set of delights on each visit. The two starters were perogies and avocado/tomato. The perogies came with spinach and mushrooms. Both were excellent. Interestingly, the staff mentioned that the perogies are made in the kitchen by a women from her family recipe. Very authentic and tasty. Mains were baked salmon and grilled Nova Scotia swordfish. I had never heard of swordfish from Nova Scotia. Both dishes were amazing. The sommelier made a good wine recommendation. Service was quite good. I think it was a touch below their normal outstanding since the restaurant was so busy.Special Features:
- Great Service & Food, we'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The title says it all; the food was excellent and presented in an appetizing way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable.XavierDined on 9/13/2014My dinner companion and I loved the whole experience. We had the duck and suckling pork entree's which were perfect portions and had amazing accompaniments. The appetizers were so creative not to mention delicious, my soup au Pistou was a work of art. I love desserts and this is likely the best one I have ever had. The lemon soufflé was ridiculous! The wine recommendation was perfect. Our waiter and all the staff were professional but able to show humour, attentive without being intrusive. The space was very comfortable. There was a group in our section and we noticed they recieved the same attention to detail. Have been wanting to come here for years, very happy we finally did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woderful dining experienceWorldTravelerDined on 9/11/2014We're from out of town and did a lot of research before deciding on Auberge du Pommier for a special dining experience. It is a little out of town, but worth the trip. The food was great. The chef created meals as fine as any in Paris or New York, in fact, as good as anywhere. We just returned from a extended around the word journey and we had no food better. The restaurants ambiance is comfortable and sophisticated. The service was even but needs a little refinement to be at the level of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch on the patio!luv2lunchDined on 9/8/2014Celebrated a birthday lunch with a friend. A perfect day for dining on the shaded patio. The food and service were very good, and the server was very helpful with menu snd sparkling wine suggestions. Overall a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent - overpriced?Simba937Dined on 9/6/2014I've been to ADP a few times. The food for the area is stellar. However, having access to other dining experiences in Toronto, especially to other O&B establishments, I think the price of what you're paying for is a little off. Everything was good, but there was something lacking for the value. I had an excellent fish appetizer, and main, and a wonderful dessert. The Hamachi was excellent - love the fusion. The sesame chocolate dessert was really enjoyable. Including a white wine pairing, which was all enjoyable. But, not "outsanding". Something more bold needs to happen here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good night at AubergeDagterotDined on 8/29/2014My fiance and I went here for a celebration of our anniversary. The atmosphere was great and the staff were awesome. On top of that the food was very tasty. Our only major issues was the lengthy periods of time we had to wait for our server between courses. Took quite a while. Also I think the food might be a bit overpriced. All in all a good time though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BaroloDined on 8/29/2014Thank you to the very professional people who make this restaurant a great place to dine and relax.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DOWNHILLCRITICALDined on 8/28/2014AS A 30 YEAR CLIENT DISAPPOINTED SEE A LACKLUSTRE MENU AND CONDESCENDING SERVICE. FOOD QUALITY WAS BELOW STANDARD.
- Memorable anniversaryTreatyourselfDined on 8/28/2014We just celebrated a milestone anniversary by treating ourselves to the menu gourmand with wine pairings. The food was delicious and each wine pairing made it even more lovely. Comfortable chairs, beautiful decor and soft music in the background build a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy your company. Denis and several others helped make our visit a wonderful experience with perfect service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French FlairnickatnightVIPDined on 8/27/2014The restaurant was beautifully decorated with a cozy french ambiance. The service was impeccable and the food was fabulous. It also had a very nice outdoor patio for dining. Great wine list and great place for small or large groups. A must for foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Experience at AubergeWorldTravellerDined on 8/20/2014I have eaten at top French Restaurants in about 20 different countries. The Auberge is in the top 25% of these experiences.Special Features:
- Really liked the $85 prix-fixe menumark16Dined on 8/20/2014We both chose the Menu a Potage, which apparently was vegetarian, but even though I am a meatlover, I wouldn't have noticed. Great spicing, great presentation. Our server was very professional. But why -- when the resto was less than half full -- did it take so long to produce our dinner?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Beautiful setting to enjoy a romantic dinner except for the lack of temperature control. We were sat right on a vent that was blasting cold air. Brrrr. Didn't help much even after the server used menus to cover the vents!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerLindsay27Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and even better service. The food and presentation was outstanding. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not extraordinaryFoodaddictDined on 8/15/2014Our expectations were high so we were overall disappointed. The menu is also not too interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A FairyTale Come TrueGMC080213Dined on 8/15/2014My husband and I were married at Auberge Aug 2, 2013. The staff, atmosphere, ambience & the food was absolute heaven. I truly felt like Cinderella in a fairytale. Everything was perfect! 1 year later we celebrated our 1st anniversary at Auberge. The service and attention received were remarkable. Auberge made me feel as special at my anniversary date with my husband as they did at our wedding. Thank you O&B from Gary and Michelle C.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place!GraceDined on 8/12/2014We went there to celebrate my birthday. The food was out-of-this-world and the service was excellent. I liked the way they had server rotating around throughout the evening for 3 different kinds of warm bread. The beef tartar I ordered was a good portion that filled me up 50%. It was much bigger than I anticipated. All in all, I will strongly recommend this place to my friends and family.Special Features:
- does the south of France beckon?StillhungryVIPDined on 8/8/2014Impeccable attentive yet unintrusive service, with tasteful food that is artfully prepared. The patio is secluded and has you feeling you're no longer in Toronto. they've captured the best of French cuisine and cobbled it to an incredible ambience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Great restaurant! Food and service are excellent. We will be there again to have our events. Thank you Auberge du Pommier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usual high standardmddahDined on 8/7/2014Auberge maintain a high level of food and service. The summer vegetarian menu is light and and has a great mix of flavours. You wont feel over full at the end. The wine pairings are excellent. Its expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- Expected better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/6/2014for the second time , the wine ordered from the menu was not the correct vintage when delivered to the table. Maybe not a big deal , but the restaurant seemed a little surprised that I noticed and felt it was not a big deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014I had not been to l'Auberge du Pommier in about 20 years. It was a treat to go back and find it as charming as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorable can't wait to come backmapb47Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent meal and superb wine pairing. I am looking forward to repeating this experience again!Special Features: