Auberge du Pommier
4150 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M2P 2C6Neighborhood:
Midtown / Uptown
FrenchPrice: CAN$51 and over
Auberge du Pommier
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://aubergedupommier.com/
- Phone: (416) 222-2220
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Motonobu Nishimura
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Auberge du Pommier offers two exclusive private dining rooms for corporate and social events. The restaurant is also available for full buy-outs Saturday lunch and Sunday lunch and dinner, accommodating up to 145 guests. In season enjoy a lush garden terrace for outdoor ceremonies and receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events and Catering 8883388707
- Cross Street: Yonge St. & York Mills
- Public Transit: York Mills Subway Station is located one block south of the restaurant on Yonge Street.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Underground parking is available in the Yonge Corporate Centre parking facility and is complimentary to dinner guests after 5:30pm. Please take a ticket to the restaurant where we will gladly validate.
*Please note, we are unable to validate any above ground paid parking.
A word from Auberge du Pommier
An exquisite French restaurant constructed around the rustic vestiges of two 1860's woodcutter's cottages. Cozy wood burning fireplaces in winter and lush garden terraces in summer. Inspired modern French cuisine, seasonal tasting menus lunch and dinner, and a 500 label wine selection has something for every palate. One of Toronto's Top 10 Restaurants. "The service at Auberge du Pommier is silken smooth and deliciously attentive; the ambiance is luxe; and the food is very good French technique using impeccable ingredients." Joanne Kates, The Globe and Mail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Auberge du Pommier - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Uptown ›
Auberge du Pommier reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)romantic (142)fit for foodies (117)notable wine list (102)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (35)great for lunch (28)great for outdoor dining (21)great for brunch (6)hot spot (5)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Good, as usualyodaDined on 11/20/2014Our lunch was very good, a very nice place to be to catch up with old friends in a comfortable unhurried place. All agreed the food was fine. I have been there many times and always look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Toronto's best restaurants - outstanding!.EHewDined on 11/19/2014Auberge consistently ranks among the top restaurants in Toronto and is deserved of every accolade. I've dined here many times and it never fails to deliver on every count. Perfectly executed and creative food. Impeccable service, beautiful and cozy ambiance. I could go on and on with the praise but suffice it to say, that Auberge is always at the top of list of my recommended restaurants for a special occasion dining experience.Special Features:
- Great resturant for special occasionsrevlinerDined on 11/13/2014Food and service was great and I really liked the environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet foodGourmetVIPDined on 11/8/2014Thank you for a WONDERFUL dinner. We had the 5 course gourmet sampler which was excellent. We will be back for sure. Waiter was great too..!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Auberge du PommierOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The Auberge du Pommier is a exquisite restaurant, a hidden gem if you will, located in the York Mills area. The service was quick, friendly, accurate and gave many good suggestions from the wine to the dessert. The selection of wine was astounding, with different types for all tastes and price ranges. There are few options on the menu but that is forgiven by the quality of the food. Jazz music was played in the background and the lights where dimmed to set a romantic mood. I will definitely return here for special occasion. I would rate the Auberge du Pommier a 5/5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So accomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014One of our first nights out since we had our baby. We had to rush home, but they were extremely understanding and packed things up for us quickly. Never once did they make us feel bad or embarrassed. Later, we were able to enjoy the food at home...and it was delicious!Special Features:
- Upholding StandardsTOFoodieDined on 11/6/2014It's no wonder that Auberge has been around for so long. Not only is the atmosphere welcoming and cozy, the food is always superb. Been here numerous times and never disappointed. Service is excellent and the menu changes with fresh, seasonal ingredients so there is always something new to try. Would highly recommend Auberge to anyone interested in fine dining. Comparable to any 4-5 star dining in New York, Las Vegas, etc. This is truly a gem in Toronto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magnifiqueDined on 11/6/2014Outstanding service and delicious food: The waiter recommendations for food and wine pairings were excellent. The spinach ravioli and escargot was to die for. The lemon souffle did not disappoint. The pork w shank was a bit too fatty but nevertheless delicious.Special Features:
- Auberge always the right placeNorthYorkMarcDined on 11/3/2014I have been dining here on special occasions and sometimes just for dinner. The menu changes around but always interesting- usually a little adventurous too. You don't see sturgeon much; venison meatballs or the like! All very tasty in the perfect atmosphere. Service always perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for a anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014It seemed like everyone there was celebrating a anniversary, including us. The staff was first class, the food was excellent and they went the extra mile an wrote happy anniversary on our desert plates. We will be returning for sure.Special Features:
- Happy BirthdayMadrasman1Dined on 11/1/2014I took my wife to Auberge Du Pommier this weekend for her birthday. Having just returned from a vacation in Paris I can safely say that this restaurant is far superior to any we found in Paris. Great food, great wine and a friendly service is hard to beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 28th Wedding Celebration!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014My wife and I were once again blown away with Amazing Food and Service, as we celebrated our wedding anniversary. The attention to detail on each course we ordered was well thought out and superbly put together. This was only matched by the outstanding friendly service we received by our server Brianne and GM/Sommelier, Evan Baulch. Congratulations to the Chef and service team for creating a memorable experience for us. P.S. thank you for all the little extra's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great special occasion restaurantYayitsshanaDined on 10/29/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday by treating ourselves to the 'menu gourmand' at Auberge. The food was delicious and service outstanding. Our server was very friendly and allowed us to make substitutions based on our dietary preferences. We did have to wait for quite a while between some courses but it was well worth it. I'd highly recommend Auberge for a special occasion meal in a romantic yet still relaxed atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Elegant ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/28/2014A wonderful setting in a magnificent room with professional service and a tasty menu. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Special OccasioncoppergeoDined on 10/25/2014Came here for a special occasion of a family birthday. Impressed with the service right from the reservation confirmation phone call the afternoon before our dinner. At dinner every person remarked on how helpful all the staff were at assisting our choices, not just our server. Oyster stew appetizer superb, although the broth portion could have been hotter (added to the oysters at table.) Everyone enjoyed the mains, Arctic char, B.C. Sturgeon and the pork. Portions not overly large, but that is ok as a lot of restaurants serve overly large portions with enough food for three people. Loved the cheesecake as it was not the anticipated slice of some half frozen concoction. It was carefully made, artfully presented and totally delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedGraziDined on 10/23/2014Nice food but way over priced! We had the wine pairing 5 course dinner. We did not have one meal that wow us. Wine were good.Special Features:
- ExcellentFarmerAlDined on 10/22/2014The atmosphere, prompt courteous service and the excellent quality of the food made the evening most enjoyable. May very well have been the best meal that I have ever had (sorry mom)Special Features:
- Positives & NegativesVail77VIPDined on 10/18/2014Negatives: We waited 20 minutes for our table despite a reservation (did provide complimentary champagne) Very expensive which is fine but don't allow patrons in with a sloppy T-shirt! Wait staff were slightly overwhelmed and the team was clearly understaffed. Positives: Amazing food-kudos to the chef! Excellent ambiance Extremely comfortable chairs Vast wine selection When back in Toronto we'd try Auberge again but management needs to be more present to catch these negatives. We're talking about a very expensive place, and not a Harvey's here. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EspectacularErickFloresDined on 10/14/2014I have been visiting this lovely place since 2010 and it is always a pleasure to enjoy not only the ambience but the exquisite food and delightful service. Please update online menu, since Canard is not longer available at dinner. Great choice for business and romantic rendezvous!Special Features:
- DoodleDined on 10/14/2014Excellent experience! We enjoyed it tremendously We, 'Ll come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StaceyDined on 10/8/2014Fantastic place for business lunch and food was out of this world delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at Auberge du PommierGood2dineDined on 10/7/2014This was my 1st time at this restaurant, and I had an excellent experience. The flavour of the food was wonderful. I would definitely return, and tell my friends and family.Special Features:
- Still Number 1 In Our HeartsPJSGDined on 10/7/2014We were married at Auberge on a beautiful sunny January day in 2006. The food that was served that day was spectacular. Every time we have visited Auberge since that glorious day, the food is every bit as good, maybe even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!bestdinneryetDined on 10/4/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our Anniversary dinner last Saturday. The staff was very helpful and friendly and they will put you at ease as soon as you walk in. The food was great tasting and prepared to perfection in beautiful plate settings! Can't say enough good things about our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant extraordinary experienceuberfoodieDined on 10/4/2014Is it possible to have exeeded expectations? Yes! It was visually stunning and delicious. Our table was looked after by Andrew who was charming as well as knowlegable. I am already planning a return visit. I am recommending to all my friends. Thank you to everyone at the restaurant for a wonderful nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerHotDriverDined on 10/4/2014We really enjoyed our time at dinner, as it was the celebration of a 90th birthday. Their attention to detail was great, except for one small detail. We asked for bread twice, as none of us wanted to drink alcohol on an empty stomach. Except for this detail, everything was really nice. A definite favourite restaurant!Special Features:
- Overpriced, ostentatiousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014This restaurant is past it's time. The very limited lunch menu was overpriced, albeit very nicely prepared and tasty. Service was good but the whole environment was ostentious snobberySpecial Features:
- Real restaurantimroDined on 10/2/2014Real restaurant. No tv screens, what a delight. Good food, winelist and service. The kitchen can be a bit more flexible. We either all had to take the menu or all a la carte. And not all at our table wanted the menu, so we all ended up going a la carte. Because the kitchen could not handle the request. Do not expect that from a real restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great! Portions tiny!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014My friend ordered the swordfish. It's not a good sign when 3/4 of the plate was empty for an entree, especially considering the price. Drizzling one line of sauce over the empty plate does not help. We also order the lobster appetizer. There were 3 piece of lobster, about half the size of my thumb!!!! The rest of the plate had 3 small pieces of watermelon and cheese. It's more like an amuse bouche at an entree price.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Andie38Dined on 9/29/2014We had our anniversary dinner here and it did not disappoint. The ambience is lovely, and the food was spectacular. Great service, friendly staff. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the usual flawless experienceTasteDined on 9/27/2014It was my husbands birthday and we always go here for special occasions and the service and food have been outstanding ..not the experience to be found on this Saturday..we had a reservation for 9pm,, got there at 845 and were made to wait till 915..when I checked on my table at 905 I was told it's not quite 9 yet making me feel like I was lying ..not quite the answer I was expecting ..on asking the second time we were offered a glass of champagne to make up..service was slow ...food average ..my cake for the dessert felt stale ..even though it was called angel cake and I was expecting a light sponge cake ..our waiter pretty much demanded a cash tip as we were using a gift voucher and a percentage would have gotten him a lower tip..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a very relaxing eveningmapleleafsDined on 9/27/2014Overall, Auberge du Pommier offers a good selection of dishes that are both well prepared and interestingly presented. The Saturday evening crowd made it difficult for the service staff to be attentive enough to suit my tastes, with long pauses between their visits to enquire whether they could do anything to serve my wife and I. However, their pleasant demeanor helped to diffuse some of the discontent. In spite of the high marks I’d give them for ambience and the quality of the food, the service level was mediocre at best, and the noise level was especially frustrating, with us being seated next to a large round table of raucous diners, most of whom didn’t seem to appreciate the fact they were eating in a quality restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Fantastic! Excellent food and service. Had the tasting menu with the wine pairing. Expensive but great for special occasions.Special Features:
- 4th time and still a charmRayrayDined on 9/22/2014Came here for my 1st anniversary, had a great experience the last three times I was here and did not disappoint. Tried the set menu, Menu Gourmund and the appetizer blew us away, granted that made us a little more judgmental about the other courses but oh well. Staff was fantastic, rhymed off a few puns with one of the servers and our waiter was fantastic.Special Features:
- A one-time only placeTorontoVisitorDined on 9/22/2014The food was good. The prices were too high for the location, food and service. The service was okay but bordered on obsequious (we didn't need to know the server's life story!)Special Features:
- Another great mealFuzzyBeaverVIPDined on 9/20/2014The menu is constantly changing so there are new set of delights on each visit. The two starters were perogies and avocado/tomato. The perogies came with spinach and mushrooms. Both were excellent. Interestingly, the staff mentioned that the perogies are made in the kitchen by a women from her family recipe. Very authentic and tasty. Mains were baked salmon and grilled Nova Scotia swordfish. I had never heard of swordfish from Nova Scotia. Both dishes were amazing. The sommelier made a good wine recommendation. Service was quite good. I think it was a touch below their normal outstanding since the restaurant was so busy.Special Features:
- Great Service & Food, we'll be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014The title says it all; the food was excellent and presented in an appetizing way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable.XavierDined on 9/13/2014My dinner companion and I loved the whole experience. We had the duck and suckling pork entree's which were perfect portions and had amazing accompaniments. The appetizers were so creative not to mention delicious, my soup au Pistou was a work of art. I love desserts and this is likely the best one I have ever had. The lemon soufflé was ridiculous! The wine recommendation was perfect. Our waiter and all the staff were professional but able to show humour, attentive without being intrusive. The space was very comfortable. There was a group in our section and we noticed they recieved the same attention to detail. Have been wanting to come here for years, very happy we finally did!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woderful dining experienceWorldTravelerDined on 9/11/2014We're from out of town and did a lot of research before deciding on Auberge du Pommier for a special dining experience. It is a little out of town, but worth the trip. The food was great. The chef created meals as fine as any in Paris or New York, in fact, as good as anywhere. We just returned from a extended around the word journey and we had no food better. The restaurants ambiance is comfortable and sophisticated. The service was even but needs a little refinement to be at the level of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunch on the patio!luv2lunchDined on 9/8/2014Celebrated a birthday lunch with a friend. A perfect day for dining on the shaded patio. The food and service were very good, and the server was very helpful with menu snd sparkling wine suggestions. Overall a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.